It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Today May 3 anyone else notice an extremely hot sun?

page: 3
19
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder
 


Yea…So freaking unusual I didn’t even go to work today, I got sick and my legs got weak. I thought it was because I had black jeans on, but it still felt weird.
It wasn’t that it was hot…it was that….the sun just had an extra something to it, cant really explain, but glad you made this thread, im in Washington dc, East coast.




posted on May, 3 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Res Ipsa
normally I wouldn't even bother looking at a thread like this.
But when I was standing outside waiting for my child to get out of school,
I thought to myself, "man, it feels like I have a sun burn, why does the sun feel so hot"
I mean, I literally thought that, I have never thought that the sun felt hotter than it should no matter what time of year or the outside air temp. or humidity level....the sun is the friggin sun, it is hot...but today, for that short period of time that I was standing in it....I felt the way we all feel when we are out in the sun with a severe sun burn and if I didn't literally take notice of it at the time, I wouldn't have chimed in on this thread...
... meaning I didn't read the OP and think, "gee, now that you mention it, the sun did seem a little extra hot"...No, I thought it for the first time ever, and then here is a thread about it......weird enough for me to at least join the tin foil hats this one time.
It was 305pm central time....I am in Minnesota.
( now I would like to go back to being rational....enjoy your thread)

Thanks very much for your insight on this hot sun thing.
I can't stress this enough here......the sun was killing me it was so hot it was spooky.
Check all my posts and threads and I never have gone over the edge as in exaggeration ever.
I mean what I say here today the sun was very scary and hot today like no other day in my life.
Regards, Iwinder



posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Well its freezing here in Southern Australia.
Frost on the Grass this morning, Sun just peaking through cloudy skys....about 17c, which is pleasant.
Night times are under 10c...coooooold...And Im in the Warmer part of southern Australia.

White fellas burn in about 10 minutes in the Sun.
Havent you Americans heard of Slip, Slop, Slap?
Slip on a shirt, slop on the sunscreen, and slip on a hat...then seek shade. It was an anti cancer campaign from the early 80s.
"Mad dogs and Americans go out in the midday Sun". (An old pun song...actually it was English, but it applies to all whities)



posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Is there anyone stateside around the Gulf of Mexico area that do their own temperature readings?
edit on 3-5-2012 by smurfy because: Text.



posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nathan-D
Summer approaching = hot Sun = astonishing! The ridiculousness of topics on ATS never ceases to amaze and amuse me.


Read the header please, this is about a hot sun not Summer as you say.
Regards, Iwinder



posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TotallyFEDup88
Im in Austin,TX and it is really hot and humid here, but the sun on my skin feels harsh and almost hurts. I feel a difference.


Ditto here therefor the thread, thanks for the addition here.
Regards, Iwinder



posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
Yes, I agree with you, the sun seems a lot hotter. I got a sunburn in January within 20 minutes of being outside, and I'm not lily white, either.

We're pushing 100 degrees out here in west Texas, so it's mighty toasty. But even when it wasn't hot, the sun just feels stronger. I'm glad I'm not the only one noticing this difference.


Yes I agree with your post, I never try to post anything but the truth and this post was most assuredly the absolute truth and it happened today here and now.
Regards, Iwinder



posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastProphet527
reply to post by Iwinder
 


Yea…So freaking unusual I didn’t even go to work today, I got sick and my legs got weak. I thought it was because I had black jeans on, but it still felt weird.
It wasn’t that it was hot…it was that….the sun just had an extra something to it, cant really explain, but glad you made this thread, im in Washington dc, East coast.

I am glad I am not the only one noticing this today.
great post and a star for you there.
Regards, Iwinder



posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by TotallyFEDup88
Im in Austin,TX and it is really hot and humid here, but the sun on my skin feels harsh and almost hurts. I feel a difference.



It really hurt me here and I mean it hurt so bad I actually ran to the garage for shelter.
It is early spring here so what does summer have in store for us here?
Thanks for the post.
Regards, Iwinder



posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder
 

I was working outside, planting trees, I ended up with a dark tan, I live in Scotland and it isn't even that warm here!

2nd



posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Strange indeed. My son was moving today and said exactly the same thing, he had to wait for cloud cover to even move the boxes. Southwestern Ontario



posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder
 

A NASA scientist sent me an email that the earth, sun and the whole solar system has just entered a neighboring interstellar "bubble" which is more turbulent than the one we were in during the last century. The new hotter bubble is feeding the sun more energy so that is brighter and hotter . Soon we will have summer days going up to 128 degrees fahrenheit said a Russian scientist - Alexey Dmetriev( tap this name into your Google Search and you will read what I am writing now). Furthermore the greater amount of energetic particles of this hot "bubble" is weakening the magnetic field of earth as well as the magnetic protective fields of other planets of the solar system-allowing dangerous radiation to touch the ground and the destruction of the ozone layer , leaving in cancer-causing hard UV rays to burn our skin under the outer layer of our skin.



posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by luxordelphi
reply to post by Iwinder
 

Read your thread and ran outside to check and other than approaching 100 degrees again there's a breeze which is taking the edge off. However on other days, about 2 weeks ago, this happened as you say. The temperature here has been up and down - air conditioning all night or heating. It changes within the space of 3 or 4 days. I was reading something at the time about weather modification and a directed heating of a geographical area but I can't find that article anymore but did find this of interest.

US military unveils non-lethal heat ray weapon

QUANTICO US MARINE CORPS BASE, Virginia (AFP) - A sensation of unbearable, sudden heat seems to come out of nowhere -- this wave, a strong electromagnetic beam, is the latest non-lethal weapon unveiled by the US military this week.





Good stuff and it makes me think maybe I was in a microwave with the power on high.

Jesting here but you never know.
Regards, Iwinder



posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Nathan-D
 


The audacity and rudeness of people with a need to feel superior never ceases to amaze me.

Your snarky comment adds nothing to this thread, nor this site.

The sun is feeling unusual to a lot of people. No theory is put out as to why, the OP is simply asking if others are noticing it, and many of us have.

If you disagree, there are many other threads to challenge your brain.....just don't get crushed under the weight of your own genius.



posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by djz3ro
reply to post by Iwinder
 

I was working outside, planting trees, I ended up with a dark tan, I live in Scotland and it isn't even that warm here!

2nd


I see a common theme here even if I happened to dream it up for stars and flags.
People are getting burnt and burnt fast I wonder what is causing this?
Thanks for the input from another country.
Regards, Iwinder



posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
just came in from outside, i noticed even when it is overcast with clouds, and even after 6-7pm before sunset, theres lots of UVA/UVB rays stinging my skin. never tanned in the evening hours, till now. so yea i'm convinced now wow the sun is stronger that it used to be!



luckily melanin is a natural sunblock? i hope my body makes more fast cuz right now i have an overnight ruddy farmers tan ruddy red face all i need is the ruddy hands and arms to go with it.



posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TryToGetTheTruth
Strange indeed. My son was moving today and said exactly the same thing, he had to wait for cloud cover to even move the boxes. Southwestern Ontario


Your post backs up my observations here today 100 %
Your son is much younger than me or you so when the young start looking for shelter there is something going on here.
Thanks for your addition to this thread.
Regards, Iwinder



posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder
 


You can take of your winter coat when it's warm even if it is only may third


I tend to joke around when I don't have an answer.

edit on 3-5-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)



posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by siluriancryptic
reply to post by Iwinder
 

A NASA scientist sent me an email that the earth, sun and the whole solar system has just entered a neighboring interstellar "bubble" which is more turbulent than the one we were in during the last century. The new hotter bubble is feeding the sun more energy so that is brighter and hotter . Soon we will have summer days going up to 128 degrees fahrenheit said a Russian scientist - Alexey Dmetriev( tap this name into your Google Search and you will read what I am writing now). Furthermore the greater amount of energetic particles of this hot "bubble" is weakening the magnetic field of earth as well as the magnetic protective fields of other planets of the solar system-allowing dangerous radiation to touch the ground and the destruction of the ozone layer , leaving in cancer-causing hard UV rays to burn our skin under the outer layer of our skin.


Thank you for your very informative post and I read a bit about this here on ATS but that is not to take away the importance of your post.
It is much appreciated and a star for you there.
Regards, Iwinder



posted on May, 3 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by BiggerPicture
just came in from outside, i noticed even when it is overcast with clouds, and even after 6-7pm before sunset, theres lots of UVA/UVB rays stinging my skin. never tanned in the evening hours, till now. so yea i'm convinced now wow the sun is stronger that it used to be!



luckily melanin is a natural sunblock? i hope my body makes more fast cuz right now i have an overnight ruddy farmers tan ruddy red face all i need is the ruddy hands and arms to go with it.


Thanks for adding to this thread, this is great as in a lot of posters here are saying exactly the same thing I was talking about in my OP.
Regards, Iwinder



new topics

top topics



 
19
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

log in

join