It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Today May 3 anyone else notice an extremely hot sun?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
For threads like this the main thing is scientific data. Sun pressure comparisons from today and from the earliest records, the amount of time it takes for solar panels to "store up" a certain percentage of, ah, sun, etc. The full moon, although it is close this month, is very very bright and hurts the eyes, but that may be an illusion too.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
The whole point of this thread is that the sun is significantly hotter to the skin than it usually is.

Everyone knows the sun is hot.

Everyone knows that summer is hot.

Why trivialize yourselves to post these little blasts?

I have been doing things outdoors regulary for several decades. Golf, work, yard work, etc. The sun yesterday has never felt so hot on my skin. It was so hot, that I wondered how the plants I was planting would even be able to survive such a hot sun. This is not someone's dillusion. There is osmething significantly different about the current sun and I for one would like some answers rather than this chidish banter.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

It is morning in Montana and the sun is very hot and extremely bright.

I don't think this is anything I have not seen before.

If I see temps go up to 110 or something crazy by 10 am, only then will I start being concerned.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

anyone else in the uk notice the last 3 months its been raining a year ago these 3 months were pure hard baking sun?

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Iwinder

Nope.. It is actually still winter here and still below normal temperatures. Not had a single day so far this year with temps over 12c or so and today blistering 5c with snow in long term forecasts.

And about the sun.. It was probably a less hazy day or ozonlayer was thinner over your area.
The sun intensity does NOT wary like this and only changes slightly over the course of years.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by sligtlyskeptical
I absolutely noticed it. Was out in the yard fixing some seedlings after the hard rain and the sun was shining directly on my back. It was very noticably hotter than usual where the sun hit but the temperature as a whole was fairly mild. i said to myself that these is something different about the sun whether science wants to admit it or not.

You should change your name, as you clearly are not even slightly skeptical when you jump to such wild conclusions that are bull#. You could have researched this and found out yourself, but instead you choose to just assume that something has happened just because sun felt hotter.

And by the way.. The higher the UV levels are, the hotter/more burning the sun will feel. So it is more logical to look at local ozonlayer/uv levels instead than assuming it is the sun.
edit on 4-5-2012 by juleol because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Yesterday May 3rd it was only in the 50's here in Upstate NY and overcast/ rainy. Today and the rest of the week it will be in the 70's. I'll let you know if I notice any difference in how the sun feels today now that it is finally out!

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iwinder
Thanks for your addition to this discussion
Regards, Iwinder

I'm really a skeptical person, and the only reason I'm here on daily basis is to pick up interesting news articles you guys find every day, that man can hardly find by himself just surfing the net. I'm not too into doom and gloom. But this topic talks about something I experienced myself, so for the first time I couldn't resist but to register. I'm a long time ATS reader.

I've lived in Croatia since I was born (Eastern Europe), and I can most sincerely say that Sun's intensity, its hotness I've experienced for the last few days I cannot recall I had experienced before. A few days ago, when temperatures of the air were not this high yet, Sun was literally burning my skin despite NORMAL air temperatures. In the shadow, the air was pretty cool (you could walk wearing your jacket), but I just couldn't stand staying exposed to sun rays for a long time. As a matter of fact, there were only a few days when you could get sensation similar to this one in the entire summers in Croatia, probably in the days when Sun's activity was high. The difference is, of course, that that sensation wasn't caused by the Sun alone - the air was hot itself also and the feeling was slightly different. But these days it's the Sun and it really burns. Not to mention that it managed to warm up the air so we are having a record spring high temperatures these days here. I believe something is going on with the Sun or with the atmosphere of the Earth.

Thanks for this topic.
edit on 4-5-2012 by Tormund because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
i'm noticing that the air temperature seems fine but the sun is burning my skin much faster than ever before. i'm not a doom and gloom person but i can't discount what i feel. it FEELS hotter on my skin. i think it may be due to the deterioration of the atmosphere. that's just my theory that can't be validated.

i also have chickens in my yard and they are pretty much sticking to the shade all day long. if they get into the sun they RUN for the shade.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I wish we had an extremely hot sun so I can hit the park... but it's nothing but clouds today.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I do know that the sun is hotter in a solar maximum. I also know that a thermometer does not measure the total energy that something possesses. Anything outside the frequency that the thermometer measures still exists. Our body converts frequencies other than what is observed by the thermometer to heat and other sorts of energy for use. We don't need heat as registered by a thermometer to keep warm, actually if our bodies receive stimulation by various ways they create heat if the reserves are there. Same with cooling. If the body receives too much of other frequencies from things like the sun it will tell you it cannot process it and cause a burning feeling first before a histamine reaction occurs that burns the skin. Learn to analyze what your body is telling you. The energy of the air can burn you even though the temperature is low. It could have higher levels of radiation of many types present in it or have chemicals that cause our bodies to heat excessively or stimulate histamine reactions. Acidic or basic air causes many problems.

Observe things that are going on around you, it could be that people are putting down fertilizer somewhere earlier than they are usually doing. Phosphorus causes skin irritation. There are way too many variables that happen to give anyone an answer so I chose to really confuse people instead.
Bring up your awareness and you may see what is happening. I like to see comments of this kind of stuff here, it gives me incentive to study more of a diverse field. I can tie it into my studies easily even though it has no relation as modern perceptions seem to imply to the study of health and medicine

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I noticed the sun yesterday AU time 5 of may in Australia there was allot of sun and it felt hotter than usual and it was irritating my skin as driving.

so yes your on to something here.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by sligtlyskeptical

Wow.... The last few years I've noticed exactly what your saying. It feels nice outside .... The air is cool...but when the sun is on you it feels hot hot hot on your skin but the air feels cooler....

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by juleol

Originally posted by sligtlyskeptical
I absolutely noticed it. Was out in the yard fixing some seedlings after the hard rain and the sun was shining directly on my back. It was very noticably hotter than usual where the sun hit but the temperature as a whole was fairly mild. i said to myself that these is something different about the sun whether science wants to admit it or not.

You should change your name, as you clearly are not even slightly skeptical when you jump to such wild conclusions that are bull#. You could have researched this and found out yourself, but instead you choose to just assume that something has happened just because sun felt hotter.

Actually that is not correct. What it means is that when I feel strongly about something you should pay attention, because I don't make assertions lightly.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Ya I worked outside mowing and landscaping from 9am-2:30 and I am pretty sun burnt. I'm in north central Ohio where the high reached 89 yesterday.
I know what you're saying about the intensity. Its probably just because its the first sun I've gotten this year though.
edit on 4-5-2012 by imawlinn because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Is anybody going to bring any actual information on weather conditions other than, "It was hot. It was real hot. Real god damn hot." This type of personal speculation is fruitless to the pursuit of knowledge and understanding. If you think something is up with the sun or the atmosphere then check atmospheric conditions and the level of UV rays and the current weather of the sun. "The sun felt hotter than I can remember" is not evidence of ANYTHING but personal speculation and doesn't have any basis on what's actually happening to Earth's atmosphere or Sol.
edit on 4-5-2012 by Dystopiaphiliac because: This thread makes me want to kill myself with bleach and laundry detergent.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tormund

Originally posted by Iwinder
Thanks for your addition to this discussion
Regards, Iwinder

I'm really a skeptical person, and the only reason I'm here on daily basis is to pick up interesting news articles you guys find every day, that man can hardly find by himself just surfing the net. I'm not too into doom and gloom. But this topic talks about something I experienced myself, so for the first time I couldn't resist but to register. I'm a long time ATS reader.

I've lived in Croatia since I was born (Eastern Europe), and I can most sincerely say that Sun's intensity, its hotness I've experienced for the last few days I cannot recall I had experienced before. A few days ago, when temperatures of the air were not this high yet, Sun was literally burning my skin despite NORMAL air temperatures. In the shadow, the air was pretty cool (you could walk wearing your jacket), but I just couldn't stand staying exposed to sun rays for a long time. As a matter of fact, there were only a few days when you could get sensation similar to this one in the entire summers in Croatia, probably in the days when Sun's activity was high. The difference is, of course, that that sensation wasn't caused by the Sun alone - the air was hot itself also and the feeling was slightly different. But these days it's the Sun and it really burns. Not to mention that it managed to warm up the air so we are having a record spring high temperatures these days here. I believe something is going on with the Sun or with the atmosphere of the Earth.

Thanks for this topic.
edit on 4-5-2012 by Tormund because: (no reason given)

Thanks for adding to the thread and welcome to ATS, a very good post and I agree with your statement "these days it's the sun and it really burns"

Regards, Iwinder

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by pasiphae
i'm noticing that the air temperature seems fine but the sun is burning my skin much faster than ever before. i'm not a doom and gloom person but i can't discount what i feel. it FEELS hotter on my skin. i think it may be due to the deterioration of the atmosphere. that's just my theory that can't be validated.

i also have chickens in my yard and they are pretty much sticking to the shade all day long. if they get into the sun they RUN for the shade.

Great post and it made me laugh here because I looked just like your chickens yesterday running for the garage every time the sun popped out.

Thanks for sharing,
Regards, Iwinder

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Well....Don't say I'm trolling or anything, but since the sun is the sun, isn't it supposed to be like...Extremely hot?

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vandettas
Well....Don't say I'm trolling or anything, but since the sun is the sun, isn't it supposed to be like...Extremely hot?

Thanks for posting, I agree the sun is supposed to be extremely hot.
But yesterday it was way above that it was painful and that is a fact, it hurt to be in it.
Regards, Iwinder

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join