It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

That was a joke, hence the laughing face, and the followup paragraph starting with in all seriousness. I think besides the other broad brushing, you also assumed I am christian? Far from it my friend....

I experienced some crazy christians too in my childhood, I gave the whole born again scene a few years when I was a kid. Didn't work out though, I just have let go my negative feelings about it now.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Those guys that protest funerals with god hates fags signs. It's some small hateful christian church in the US somewheres. Probably the bible belt.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
This is one of the most disturbing videos I have seen on ATS in a long time. I think we are in for a very evil time period ahead of us, where the far left liberals will be acting hypocritically and irrationally. This is a good example of how they can turn something like "Christian-bashing" into "anti-bullying" through rhetoric. I think that Christians should be respected for their belief system just as much as atheists.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by intrptr

That was a joke, hence the laughing face, and the followup paragraph starting with in all seriousness. I think besides the other broad brushing, you also assumed I am christian? Far from it my friend....

I experienced some crazy christians too in my childhood, I gave the whole born again scene a few years when I was a kid. Didn't work out though, I just have let go my negative feelings about it now.

Ditto... it is particularly difficult if ones entire family still actively practices. I have always been the black sheep of my family and only recently begun to see that as positive. Now I can laugh at the other side without fear of Hell fire thank you very much. So okay, hahaha.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

If you find that video scary then your priorities are off. All it was an angry gay guy complaining about intolerance in the bible. OMG ANGRY GAY GUY THE HORRORRRRRRRRRRRRR~~~!@~

Things like this are actually the terrifying content on ATS

edit on 29-4-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

That's more like it. If his speech had been more like that, I bet there would have been 85 less people walking out at least. He sounds like a normal human being there, rather than a raving angry lunatic.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by intrptr

Those guys that protest funerals with god hates fags signs. It's some small hateful christian church in the US somewheres. Probably the bible belt.

Oh yeah, heard about them too. Sheesh. What a cause huh? I am so above worrying about what consenting adults do behind closed doors. I used to live across the street from an abortion clinic in the heyday of the active protests and even bombings of such. It made for interesting Saturday mornings on the block.

Girls trying to get in, the church trying to keep them out and police on horseback trying to keep order. Regular out and out.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Yeah, he must have been in a bad mood that day. I dunno.

edit on 29-4-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   

I didn't really care about all their relationship stuff, but it seems like that video was geared toward young gay people. I can't hate on that message at all. And it really goes for anyone that is being bullied, and having it rough, "It gets better". Life gets a whole lot better after high school, for everyone except the jock jerkoffs it seems

Their glory days are high school for most of them, which is really really sad.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnigmaticDill
reply to post by Wonders

Galatians 5:1
Stand fast therefore in the liberty with which Christ has made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.

Are you one of those people who think that believers are not free from sin but are free from sin's consequence only,? Do you think that some are set apart for salvation, especially while even they believe that they and their crew are the lesser of two evils?
As for "entangling again with the yoke of bondage", that is speaking about sin that brings a person into bondage.

John 8:34 -Jesus replied, "I tell you the truth, everyone who sins is a slave of sin.
John 8:35 -A slave is not a permanent member of the family, but a son is part of the family forever.
John 8:36 -So if the Son sets you free, you are truly free.
John 8:37 -Yes, I realize that you are descendants of Abraham. And yet some of you are trying to kill me because there's no room in your hearts for my message.

Romans 6:16 -Don't you know that when you offer yourselves to someone to obey him as slaves, you are slaves to the one whom you obey--whether you are slaves to sin, which leads to death, or to obedience, which leads to righteousness?

2 Peter 2:19 -They promise them freedom, while they themselves are slaves of depravity--for a man is a slave to whatever has mastered him.

John 14:23 -Jesus replied, "If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him."

John 8:10 -Then Jesus stood up again and said to the woman, "Where are your accusers? Didn't even one of them condemn you?"
John 8:11 -"No one, sir," she said. "Then neither do I condemn you," Jesus declared. "Go now and leave your life of sin."

John 5:14 -But afterward Jesus found him in the Temple and told him, "Now you are well; so stop sinning, or something even worse may happen to you."

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
LBG,s like to use the boiler plate that anyone who disagree's with them is in fact a closeted homosexual as a way of silencing rational debate that they find difficult to countenance. Or they use the misnomer homophobic (phobos, greek for fear), the only homosexuals that scare me are the predatory ones as potrayed in Shawshank redemption, or Deliverance.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Partygirl
If you set yourself up as a voice of tolerance, you have a special obligation to be tolerant to everyone, even those you disagree with.

No, that is a fallacy. People who don't believe in Freedom don't deserve Freedom. That's what we have jails for. Charles Manson exercised his Freedom of Speech, and by doing so, Incited several Murders. He did not commit those murders himself. But he will be in prison for life because he convinced others to commit those murders. You wouldn't be 'tolerant' to Manson, would you? At what point do you draw the line of 'tolerance'? The whole point of anti-bullying is to protect people from being bullied. Therefore, the opinions of bullies and those who allow bullies to exist don't deserve 'tolerance'. People seem to think that Freedom of Speech and other rights apply universally. They don't. You do not have the right to speak and then by doing so, Incite someone to Violence. It's a crime. You do not have the right speak and then by doing so, Incite a group of people to Riot. It's a crime. Freedoms only extend to how they apply to you personally. As soon as the exercise of your Freedom intrudes on someone else's Freedom, it's no longer a right. You can't say that someone has a right to be abusive (either physically or verbally), because being abusive intrudes on other's rights.

If Christians are being abusive, it's their own fault. Beliefs should have never come up in the presentation/discussion, tho. Not all Christians are bullies/abusive. But there are numerous parts of the Bible that are abusive - and too many people believe in them.

To not condemn bullying activity is to condone bullying activity.

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" - Edmund Burke
edit on 29-4-2012 by CryHavoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   

It was the complete inappropriateness of his approach, insulting Christians and bashing the bible at a school function. I thought we were supposed to be keeping religion out of the schools, but I guess it's ok when it's a gay martyr with a victim complex bashing Christians over the head with foul language. This presentation should have been pre-screened and never allowed in the door of a respectable school. But this is what has happened to our educational system.

What kind of school faculty allows this?
edit on 29-4-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   
I haven't read through the entire thread.

Has this been brought up yet ?

Important Topic Updates

Rabbi Blasts Savage's Anti-Christian Rant: 'Westboro of the Left'

Rabbi Shmuley Boteach, a popular Orthodox rabbi famous for his writings on sex and popular culture, has blasted White House-endorsed sex columnist Dan Savage for his attack on the Bible and Christianity in front of an audience of high school students, comparing Savage's remarks to the hateful bigotry of the Westboro Baptist Church.

In an exclusive interview with Breitbart News, Rabbi Boteach said:

As an orthodox Rabbi with a gay orthodox Jewish brother, I have endeavored mightily to reconcile the dictates of my faith with the most human, loving, and respectful approach to homosexuality. I have counseled hundreds of gay men and women of faith who seek to find their place in G-d's love amid a gay lifestyle. Such efforts at reconciliation are undone by the gratuitous hate-filled bigotry of people like Dan Savage whose response to prejudice against gays is to offer insulting and degrading prejudices against religion.

Boteach compared Savage's anti-Christian rhetoric to that of Westboro pastor Fred Phelps, who uses offensive anti-gay slogans at demonstrations near military funerals:

Just what Savage feels he is accomplishing by using obscenity about the Bible at a journalism conference for high school students is beyond me. But what I do know is that the answers to homosexuality and faith do not lie either with religious haters like Fred Phelps who insult God by hating gays, nor with secular fanatics like Dan Savage who insult homosexuals by falsely portraying them as angry bigots.

Boteach, who is running for U.S. Congress in New Jersey and whose most recent book, Kosher Jesus, explores Jesus's Jewish life, has challenged Savage before on the subject of monogamy, after Savage proposed infidelity as a way to avoid Anthony Weiner's fate. In this instance, Boteach says, Savage has gone beyond the realm of debate into outright abuse and hatred.

Savage's attack against religious students--whom he called "pansy-assed" for walking out of his speech in protest--was delivered in a speech about his anti-bullying campaign, "It Gets Better," which has been endorsed by the White House.
Rabbi Blasts Savage's Anti-Christian Rant: 'Westboro of the Left'

"White House endorsed" ....

What do we learn from this ?

What is the Rabbi's stake in this ?

Does this tell us something about Savage ?

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Even a gay conservative group has come out criticising Dan, suggesting that his approach only fuels anti-gay sentiment.

radio.foxnews.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Looks like the some Christians can't handle being told what it says in their own book. That speaker has my approval. 100 teens left, but I heard more cheering.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   
That walkout looked preplanned. I think the whole thing was staged for the video. Those people walking out were way too calm, none of them looked angry or outraged at all.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Goblin
Looks like the some Christians can't handle being told what it says in their own book. That speaker has my approval. 100 teens left, but I heard more cheering.

Agreed. It is truly scary what cultural Marxism is doing to us. I read a few days ago how someone was trying to legally prevent illegal immigrants from being referred to as "illegal," because it might hurt their feelings.

Political correctness and the obsession with "hate speech," is going to completely destroy human society, if we let it.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Blue Goblin

So it's A OK to spew anger and hatred on a crowd, as long as the majority agrees with it? That throws a wrench in the whole antibullying campaign then. Most people tolerate bullying or it wouldn't happen. So bullying is A OK by them standards.

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join