It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by RyanFromCan

I certainly don't think that everyone that is Christian is a Bible thumper or nut job. I do know there is a lot of hypocrisy though. That I have experienced first hand.

I am very secure with my belief in a Creator who I feel I have a good relationship with. I don't try to belittle others based on their beliefs, as I know what it has taken in my life for me to feel the way I do.

You're right though, those that are secure in their faith and truly live a "Christ-like" life, or simply a loving life if they're not a follower, are a minority.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ToneDeaf

Where did that info come from?
That's some crazy stuff right there, I guess my impression might be correct of the guy then. If that is all true, this guy is a lunatic.
edit on Sun, 29 Apr 2012 00:13:15 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by SisyphusRide

Originally posted by RyanFromCan
Mr. Savage did not target Christians, but rather the thought processes of people masquerading as "christians".

so Savage wants the Christians to just burn themselves or go away quietly into the night?

No, just those pretending to be "christians", as do I

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I was raised Christian, never in my 62 years did I hear homosexuality as a topic during a sermon, I have gone to many churches, I didn't know what homosexuality was until I was in my twenties.

So is this a new issue?

He could have handled it differently, and I can't believe I read the whole thread.

“You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous.

If you love those who love you, what reward will you get?

Are not even the tax collectors doing that? And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I can say to all the believers here... do not ignore Mr Savage... or a devil for that matter!

you don't want to do that, bad things have a tendency to start happening and somebody has to defend the innocent for the likes of a mr savage.

use reason and logic, but give no tolerance not even an inch to the likes of a devil either.

we've probably seen enough criminal sociology programs to know what happens if one does...

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Well, it's been fun everyone.

I've enjoyed reading everyone's opinions, even if I didn't understand or agree with all of them, but I'm tired and going to bed.

G'night.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

excellent ideology... make love to a devil, it'll solve everything, it quite possibly already has?

take a look around

no hippies allowed ...been there done that!

-----------

no hippies allowed in war that is... because the war is already on, hippies had their chance!
edit on 29-4-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by SisyphusRide

no hippies allowed ...been there done that!

Me too.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I made an addition to my post above...

no I do not personally allow women in our wars either. I am sorry but this is online and devils and atheists and mr savages will eat you alive...

I can't stand seeing that the most.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by ToneDeaf

Where did that info come from?
That's some crazy stuff right there, I guess my impression might be correct of the guy then. If that is all true, this guy is a lunatic.

just a quick web search, wiki p for basic info
. . . scary to know this guy is sanction by 'gov.' to
' and teach' be a 'roll model' for kids.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by graphuto

Way to ignore the words from Jesus

Provide a quote of mine, I have no idea what you're talking about.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Climax
reply to post by graphuto

How about move forward and change history, you know, like you believe Jesus did!!

How can you argue against the greater good of equal peace and love for all?

Is that not what I'm trying to do here?

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Garfee

Originally posted by graphuto

Originally posted by Danbones
the speaker in the OP is just tired of the Christian anti Gay rhetoric
he dishes a little back and he be Baaaaad

christians are the only ones alowed to dish it because there god is the only god
guess he never got the memo

Don't quite understand what you mean. It's quite all right for a Christian to not want to tolerate or have anything to do with someone who practices "x" lifestyle. Avoiding someone, or expressing displeasure with what they do, in and of itself, is not a bad thing.

The second it elevates past that, into violence, or being mean, or thinking hateful thoughts, or whatever, then they aren't really being Christian are they? So the argument doesn't really apply.

So that leaves about 6 real christians in the world then?

Haha, more than 6, but you get the idea.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

I guess its 'how' you hear it...I think his arguments are sound..his tactics not so..but that doesnt make him wrong.

Jesus said ' love one another' he didnt say use the old testement as a justification to kill one another.

2nd

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
So did we all just hash out an agreement here that the Old Testament no longer applies and that Jesus ran around with a sword telling people they could judge others as long as they are prepared to accept the consequences (I guess unless they ask for forgivness right before death, then everythings A-OK, unless they're homosexual)?
That only those christians who are devoted toward love and equality are the only True Christians.
When giving a speech on anti-bullying its best to appear meek and incapable of offending the thinnest of skins.

Lets see, what else have we learned today? Oh yeah, no matter how many times you explain it, no matter how many different ways it can be put, some Christians have been so "blessed" that they can consider it an attack when someone points out glaring flaws in their scriptures. How nice for them, that many of those assaulted teens were so traumatized that they couldnt whipe the smiles from their faces as they walked away talking to their peers. Why I bet it was about the worst thing thats ever happend to them...

I especially enjoyed the responses today that suggested Dan try this same speech on numerous hostile crowds. That would be something wouldn't it? I believe it would be something that would expose the true colors of many an extremist, and by that I mean a True Extremist. Its not extremism to call the bible out on its BS, or to lob a "pansy-ass" at a group of adolescence (stop acting like these were kids) who's role in this situation looks engineered. That camera had such a perfect shot of the walkouts, I get the strong feeling, like others, that the christian school attending this journalism convention knew what to expect and it was they who are intentionally trying to cause a scene.

After reviewing the footage again just now, Dan doesnt even address the adolescence as pansy-asses, he just states, its funny how "pansy-ass" some people react when you push back against their hypocrisy.
edit on 29-4-2012 by Climax because: minor possibly confusing typo

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Isn't everyone tired of coddling Christians and their extremist fantasies? See they can't be talked to on an equal level at all because you see no matter what they say with their mouths, inside they have judged you evil and less than them simply because you disagreed with them. That instantly makes you the devil and they aren't really going to listen to anything you have to say past disagreeing with them. You are already going to the Christian hell and they are already past caring at all about you. Unless of course you perform a saving ritual with them. Then you can be like them; forgiven and on your way, just like before. What a delusional bunch.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Climax
That only those christians who are devoted toward love and equality are the only True Christians.

The No True Scotsman fallacy is exactly that, unless you specifically define your terms. Instead of using the term, "No True X," tell us what the specific characteristics of a "True X," or "True Christian," in this case, are.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Sounds like you should see a shrink. Tell him about your paranoia, and the fact you think you can read people's minds.

In all seriousness, you sound like a tool. Broad brushing all those christians out there with the same color as those nutty guys out protesting funerals. I forget what they call themselves, but I am sure people know who I am talking about.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I am talking about the 100 or so that left the auditorium because their ears were on fire. And others like them. I do know of what I am saying. My entire family is like that. As soon as you begin to ask questions, they shut down, cover their ears, walk away, whatever. Conversation over.

Like this discussion here between you and I. See right away your reaction is that I am sick. See how that works? You just proved my point. But another reaction to any "anti Christian sentiment" (as you see it).

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

In all seriousness, you sound like a tool. Broad brushing all those christians out there with the same color as those nutty guys out protesting funerals. I forget what they call themselves, but I am sure people know who I am talking about.

Little vague there for me. Want to clarify? Nutty funeral protesters?

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join