It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by MsAphrodite

I only wish it were so. There are increasing studies that show the correlation between the rise of the Christian Right and the decline of many metrics of our civil society, As another poster mentioned, they are a threat precisely because they believe they have God's blessing...nay God's command///to act as they do, to push for legislation to codify their rules upon the rest of us. I stand by my statements and find them the furthest thing from "extreme." Rather, it is eyes wide open and a refusal to cower among them, as does lnearly 100% of federal politicians (you can't get elected to major political office unless you kiss the ring of Christianity or you are a Zionist like Lieberman, who takes of advantage of Christians knowing they'll blindly support an aggressive Israel because they believe it has a central role to play in their apocalyptic Revelation myths.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by pajoly

The left wing does the same exact thing, you just ignore it though, or worse, celebrate it, because it is pushing agendas you favor. Same thing the right wing supporters do..... Demonize the other side, and ignore similar behavior from their own side of the isle. Bunch of hypocrites the lot of you.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by WhoKnows100

To the good members of ATS I submit the above post as evidence of Christian brainwashing, its ability to render people without reason, its penchant for twisting truth so much that oppression by them is a form of God's love.

The poster is unable to realize the illogic in his post that what sane non cultists consider tolerance of gay rights, he considers a slippery slope that means we will slide into accpetance of pedophelia. He is not able to make the basic distinction between what consenting adults do versus what one adult does to a minor. Us sane non-cultist knows our society would never accept pedophelia as a lifestyle or "choice" bcause it not done among consenting adults. The cultist though will tell you though tolerating homosexuality (I more than tolerate, I think it perfectly normal for those who are) it is a gateway to pedopehlia, beastiality (Rick Santorum famously made this point) and straight slide to their mythic hell. And his lack of reason makes him perfectly willing to legislate his beliefs upon us, in fact, he believes it to be a common sense, righteous thing.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Prove it, give me an example of ANY liberal law that actually harms you as opposed to merely offending your prude and intolerant fundamentalist views. For every one you invent, I'll give you two from your twisted side that actually do harm. Heck, I'll start, name any equivalent in extreme to the law Virginian republicans tried to pass that would have codified state rape of unwilling woman by order of law with a medical device (ultrasound wand). Name me ANY liberal bill sumbitte over the last 100 years that comes anywhere even close to level of extreme.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite
reply to post by ChristianJihad

In orthodox Christianity Jesus is both fully human (his life on earth) and fully God.

For clarity are you one of the types that claims jesus and yahwhe were one and the same being ?

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by pajoly

I rest my case. Here you are spraying hatred and bile at me for not agreeing with you. And making an ass of yourself assuming I am right wing. Have fun in you polarized hate filled existence. You are not even worth conversing with apparently.

In case you really did miss the entire point.....

Left wingers have an agenda. Left wingers put everyone that don't agree with them in an enemy box and attack it. Left wingers shove their agenda down everyone else's throat, if they don't like it, well tough! Left wingers cry foul when they get treated the same. Left wingers hate right wingers.

Right wingers have an agenda. Right wingers put everyone that don't agree with them in an enemy box and attack it. Right wingers shove their agenda down everyone else's throat, if they don't like it, well tough! Right wingers claim foul when they get treated the same. Right wingers hate left wingers.
edit on Sun, 29 Apr 2012 07:29:34 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by pajoly

There are increasing studies that show the correlation between the rise of the Christian Right and the decline of many metrics of our civil society, As another poster mentioned, they are a threat precisely because they believe they have God's blessing...nay God's command///to act as they do, to push for legislation to codify their rules upon the rest of us.

I find it very interesting how it has become so politicized especially so in the US. These uses of labels like Left, right, moderate christian and so on appear to be tactics to deflect types of christian dishonesty when it comes to trying to discern which parts of the bibles they actually believe or take as "the inspired word of a god".

I think it goes without saying that if an xtian insists that the "fags" as so many of them like to put it require some form of treatment that would deny them the same rights as others, then it would be logical to deduce that the individual is pro slavery, misogyny, infanticide child rape etc and should be treated with complete mistrust and an enemy of reason.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I was raised Christian, never in my 62 years did I hear homosexuality as a topic during a sermon, I have gone to many churches, I didn't know what homosexuality was until I was in my twenties.

It took you 20 years to get around to actually reading a bible ?

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by korathin
reply to post by Partygirl

And people wonder why every single independent civilization without exception, that tolerated homosexuals and their antics fell.

There is more then enough land available for homosexuals to form their own villages, towns and cities. The mentality of these gay rights activists is the mentality of a rapist. They will keep raping heterosexual society until it is destroyed, or until we stand up for our most fundamental right, the right to exist.

OMG what a drama queen. Those dastardly homosexuals putting your very lives at risk? What specie are you? Clearly you are not a sentient being.

...Oh, news flash, every civilization that tolerated breathing also fell. Point being, every civilization falls, always have, always will. It is a basic law of science. I know that's unfaliar ground for you, as you get your "science" from a 2000 year old book written by a bunch of zealots, all men.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by pajoly

Originally posted by korathin
reply to post by Partygirl

And people wonder why every single independent civilization without exception, that tolerated homosexuals and their antics fell.

There is more then enough land available for homosexuals to form their own villages, towns and cities. The mentality of these gay rights activists is the mentality of a rapist. They will keep raping heterosexual society until it is destroyed, or until we stand up for our most fundamental right, the right to exist.

OMG what a drama queen. Those dastardly homosexuals putting your very lives at risk? What specie are you? Clearly you are not a sentient being.

While I'm not saying that they are the majority, there are gay people out there who make the assumption that heterosexuality is always illegitimate, and that everyone who claims to be hetero is actually in the closet. So to a degree, Partygirl does have a point.

Gays have moderates and extremists, just like every other group; and like every other group, gay extremists are scary.
edit on 29-4-2012 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Climax

Wow. You summed up this thread perfectly!

Some christians finally see a gay guy with some balls and an attitude, and they look for any excuse to bring him down. Considering those kids probably have way worse content uploaded on their Ipods.

And you're right, those kids were laughing as they walked out, at least when our leaders walk out on a ahmadinejad speech, they can keep a straight face.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by tribaltrip
reply to post by Climax

Wow. You summed up this thread perfectly!

Some christians finally see a gay guy with some balls and an attitude

Er, no. The man was a patronising douchebag, putting it bluntly. Sure, Christians might really annoy me themselves, at times; but they'll get my support before I give it to some supercilious, patronising, limp wristed atheist any day of the week.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

I think you make a valid point. It is important to remember that extremists of any belief system/sexual orientation can be hazardous to the health and well-being of those they live amongst. Even minority groups have a small percentage of extremists that harm the cause for the majority.

Considering there are plenty of decent gay moderates out there, one wonders why the homosexual community would throw their support behind such a controversial agitator as Mr Savage to represent them.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by RyanFromCan

Originally posted by SisyphusRide

Originally posted by RyanFromCan
Mr. Savage did not target Christians, but rather the thought processes of people masquerading as "christians".

so Savage wants the Christians to just burn themselves or go away quietly into the night?

No, just those pretending to be "christians", as do I

I guess that can be understandable to me... assuming you have faith in the Lord?

those supposedly pretending to be christians which you refer to atleast confess their faith in front of their foes... that is admirable but don't you think one should rather educate them in a peaceful manner as to not look hypocritical?

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

Er, no. The man was a patronising douchebag, putting it bluntly. Sure, Christians might really annoy me themselves, at times; but they'll get my support before I give it to some supercilious, patronising, limp wristed atheist any day of the week.

Even though he was simly speaking the truth? And didn't use words like douchebag.

I guess that says it all.

"How pansy ass some people react". That's the only thing he said, about their REACTION. He didn't even call them pansy.

It's funny cause it is obviously tongue in cheeck, considering he's a gay man.

1. pansy. A sissy, fag, fairy, or one that is generally unmanly.

Your reaction is so hypocrytical it is hilarious.

Turn the other cheeck, uhuh, practise what you preach, but that never happens does it? At least not when it is not in your advantage.

edit on 29-4-2012 by RandomEsotericScreenname because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4

that is admirable...

thine heart loves you again today and always does actually, though I think no Love shares prejudice... which happens to be the definition of the Christian God Jesus Christ.

but as God is so is Jesus, which is many things... He does tread the winepress also.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Now i am a christian and believe in god. I don't care if your gay because hey its your life do what you will to be happy. But don't say its natural and okay to do. Lets put the bible aside for a second and look at it from natures aspect. A female organism will mate with a male organism to create life and continue the chain. Of course there are animals that will mate with the same sex occasionally but that is pure sexual drive and nothing else. I'm not saying that homosexuals do it just for sex, im saying its not natural and never will be. I don't bash homosexuals and neither do any of my god believing friends. For this man to attack the bible the way he did, at an anti bullying speech mind you. Hes just as callous as the radical Christians who attack his group and throw them all together in the same league. In fact hes the one being hypocritical by saying we all bully them and throw them in the same group, when he is the one doing that in the very same speech.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by pajoly

Not only that but the end result of putting fences between peoples and dividing them is eventually one side putting fences around the other. Barbed wire fences (see Death Camps). In the name of protection of course.

The most dangerous type of judgment is that which comes from religion. They secretly hate and plot the demise of "enemies" while on the surface pretending to "love" everyone. After all, all the unsaved heathens are going to hell anyway and... God is on our side.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

Originally posted by bl4ke360

Originally posted by xuenchen
He seems to rant anti-Christian.

He looks American ?

Is he some kind of Muslim ?

So every non-christian white person is a muslim? Why did that question even come into your mind? Have you ever thought some people just aren't religious?

Process of elimination.

btw, you missed the point.

so we can check off Muslim and ?? what else ?

What is your point, what are you doing the baiting for? For people who take the words of the Old Testemant literally, homosexuality is wrong (although believe it or not, most Christians don't actually take that view). This is fairly much the same in the Islamic religion, which is hardly surprising as both are Abrahamic faiths. This has nothing to do with him being 'Muslim' and more to do with the fact that he is against anyone having a point of view that opposes his own and he chooses to use verbal abuse at them when they exercise that right.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by jacktorrance

Batman is a warrior for Justice...

God does bring Justice, real-time...

Batman faced his fears and he seen the light, he knew it was wrong to slay the criminal so he did not oblige with the 'Buddhist' monks because even though they helped train him and he took up their essence, he knew their system/ways were antiquated.

Batman clothed himself in his serpent that tormented his mind... he took up the serpent and in a way 'spoke' in new tongues and thought in a new light.

hence the Batman clothing himself in his fears...

(Matthew 10:34) Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

*keeping in mind that a sword represents since Greek Mythology an "Ideology" (a sword is the word of truth, ones tongue)

(Mark 16:15 thru 18) They shall take up serpents and speak in new tongues

*again your sword is the ideology of truth which rolls off your tongue... it cuts like a double edged sword. (/this is metaphorical in nature to convey a meaning)

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join