It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Climax

Originally posted by petrus4

Originally posted by tribaltrip
reply to post by Climax

Wow. You summed up this thread perfectly!

Some christians finally see a gay guy with some balls and an attitude

Er, no. The man was a patronising douchebag, putting it bluntly. Sure, Christians might really annoy me themselves, at times; but they'll get my support before I give it to some supercilious, patronising, limp wristed atheist any day of the week.

So one homosexual puts the whole cause back, because of his attitude?
Right. Riiiiiiight. Don't pretend like there aren't ministers who are all Fear God Fire & Brimstone. What about them? Do you stand with them or against them?

You're talking to someone who walked away from conventional (Pauline) Christianity, after close to a decade of psychological abuse, which culminated in viewing The Green Mile. I ultimately realised that I could no longer subscribe to a belief system that was so heavily based on guilt and fear. Even here, probably 75% of Christian communication with me is condemnatory in nature.

So, against.

The man is still an asshole, though.

When homosexuals get an apology from the church Things Will Get Better.

I think you might be waiting a while. Call it a hunch.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by RandomEsotericScreenname
reply to post by yuppa

And don't say christians are not forcing their views, they are actively trying to stop people getting married, Very simple again, no matter what excuses you come up with.
edit on 29-4-2012 by RandomEsotericScreenname because: (no reason given)

There is the Rub. Christians are not always Christians. You Can say you are Something but your actions show it to not be true. The ones who Do stuff such as discriminate against gay people ARE NOT REAL CHRISTIANS. Its not a excuse. The ones who oppose limiting a persons free will and choice are not really christians and you Know that but you still keep calling them Christians when they are in fact HYPOCRITS. Oh and I liked it when you tried to tell me i am making excuses. I do not excuse or condone the repression or denial of anyones free will to do as they wish. Its morally wrong to tell someone what to do with themselves.

I have a question about the walk outs. Do you know if they were mayby not religious? Or do you know if they are religious that they have not heard the same rhetoric before? If we disagree with someone we are to be polite are we not? Who knows why they really left for? Mayby he paid them to leave before he started so he could add to his speech ever think of that?( I am not mad before you even say it. I used capitalization for emphasis only)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

reply to post by Stormdancer777

I want to believe god looks at the heart, that god is love, and that it doesn't matter what religion you are or if you are an atheist, if you have love you will see god.

But it does matter what sexual orientation you have, even though you are aloving person? Strange that you did not put that in there.

So you can come out now and say that you have no problem whatsoever with homosexuality, and that god loves homosexuals, or you can choose not to do so, but you will forever be known as a bigoted hypocryte, even in god's eyes.

Your choice.

Really?

You should be ashamed for twisting and putting words in my mouth throughout this topic.

I rest my case.

What putting of words in mouth. If you made that statement it would have to go for all loving people. But since you refuse to it can only mean that it doesn't apply to homosexuals in your opinion, which makes you exactly what I said.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by yuppa

There is the Rub. Christians are not always Christians. You Can say you are Something but your actions show it to not be true. The ones who Do stuff such as discriminate against gay people ARE NOT REAL CHRISTIANS. Its not a excuse. The ones who oppose limiting a persons free will and choice are not really christians and you Know that but you still keep calling them Christians when they are in fact HYPOCRITS.

More excuses. There are a lot of fake ones in this thread then. I didn't see the "real" christians distance themselves from it.

The more you guys post, the more you fail, it is really educational and amusing.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

I want to believe god looks at the heart, that god is love, and that it doesn't matter what religion you are or if you are an atheist, if you have love you will see god.

But it does matter what sexual orientation you have, even though you are aloving person? Strange that you did not put that in there.

So you can come out now and say that you have no problem whatsoever with homosexuality, and that god loves homosexuals, or you can choose not to do so, but you will forever be known as a bigoted hypocryte, even in god's eyes.

Your choice.

Really?

You should be ashamed for twisting and putting words in my mouth throughout this topic.

I rest my case.

What putting of words in mouth. If you made that statement it would have to go for all loving people. But since you refuse to it can only mean that it doesn't apply to homosexuals in your opinion, which makes you exactly what I said.

LOL, Of course I mean homosexuals,

Good grief, I can't believe I am playing this game with you.

hahaha

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   

reply to post by yuppa

There is the Rub. Christians are not always Christians. You Can say you are Something but your actions show it to not be true. The ones who Do stuff such as discriminate against gay people ARE NOT REAL CHRISTIANS. Its not a excuse. The ones who oppose limiting a persons free will and choice are not really christians and you Know that but you still keep calling them Christians when they are in fact HYPOCRITS.

More excuses. There are a lot of fake ones in this thread then. I didn't see the "real" christians distance themselves from it.

The more you guys post, the more you fail, it is really educational and amusing.

Randome you are just seeing what you want to see, You think I am a Christian so you wont give me a break,

If it is the angel avatar I have, don't let it worry you, it is actually a depiction of Ishtar.
edit on 023030p://bSunday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

So you have absolutely no problems with homosexuality, homosexuals and you believe they should be allowed to get married? Say it.

You can accuse me of playing games, and putting words in your mouth if it is not going your way, but it only proves your own shortcommings in defending your position.

Won't give you a break? You keep responding to me lady. It's your own choice to have this discussion with me, it's not my fault I keep bringing up the truth.

That post wasn't even directed at you, lol, give yourself a break.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by something wicked

Originally posted by subfab

Originally posted by something wicked

Originally posted by subfab
it appears to me that the speaker was trying to show how religion can be used as a weapon by a bully. dan savage is right, if one part of the bible is true then it all has to be true. if one part is false then the rest comes into question. picking and choosing what you believe from the bible can be hazardous.

-subfab

I'm not sure if you actually really mean that. Why do you think it is the case or why attitudes in place over 2,000 years ago should not be challenged - constantly? Whatever fundamentalist Christians may say, the Bible is a work by man, as are the works of the other faiths and they are informed by the politics and mood of the times. Does that alter the message of the New Testament, or the broad concept of the other major works? I don't know. I'm not up for stoning anyone, but I do believe that to treat others how you would like them to treat you is still a fairly good way to live your life.

By the way, if you take your stance as 'gospel', then the American Constitution is invalid, otherwise it wouldn't have needed any amendments.

i don't follow what you are saying.
i agree the bible is a work by man. a work influenced by the politics of the day.
i see the point of the speaker in the video, dan savage, where people are picking and choosing which sections of the bible to follow. i think you and i are on the same page on this topic.

either follow all the bible as a work from God or not. either God is right or he messed up.

the bible says don't put up a christmas tree. but thousands of christians do every year. it's just another example of the "picking and choosing" of what to follow in the bible.

Jeremiah 10:2-5

King James Version (KJV)

2Thus saith the LORD, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them.

3For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe.

4They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not.

5They are upright as the palm tree, but speak not: they must needs be borne, because they cannot go. Be not afraid of them; for they cannot do evil, neither also is it in them to do good.

-subfab

Sorry, but I disagree with you that you take the whole thing or nothing at all. But, that is my choice, you have yours.

Well, can I ask how you rationalize that?

This is the thing that truley dissapoints me about people, because it is so intellectually dishonest. How can you have such faith in something that you yourself know is flawed? This is the mark of someone not to be trusted! How can someone be reliable when they can convince themselves of anything? This is a dangerous CHOICE (Something you are choosing to do). It may seem harmless enough, but if you pass on your belief to children and they take it too seriously, your flawed beliefs will cause harm to someone.

You should know by all the religions that exist, there are those who have faith in nonsense. So if you know there are BS beliefs and you know that there is BS in your belief, how can you go on believing BS willfully and be a judge of another?

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

reply to post by yuppa

I would appreciate it if when you quote me you include the entire post and not just cherry pick. It was meant to be in once peice. You are trolling here. I suggest you stop it before we report you to the mods. I am not going to respond to you anymore though because you do not listen or comprehend anything anyone here says that does not fit your pre conceived reality. You cannot argue with a unreasonable person. This much i have learned from seeing people like you on youtube. If this is amusing you then you belong with all the other trolls in Ip Ban Land.
edit on 29-4-2012 by yuppa because: had to fix spacing errors so the respondee could understand.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by yuppa

I would appreciate it if when you quote me you include the entire post and not just cherry pick. It was meant to be in once peice. You are trolling here. I suggest you stop it before we report you to the mods.

And there we have it, the admission of defeat, please call the mods, by all means.. I'm in a discussion here and you keep responding to me, and now I'm a troll. Really pathetic.

I didn't respond to that part of your post cause I already wentt over that with Stormdancer.

If this is amusing you then you belong with all the other trolls in Ip Ban Land.

Wow, and you dare talking about picking qoutes? I said EDUCATIONAL and amusing. Yes I think the way you are flipflopping is hilarious.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

reply to post by yuppa

And there we have it, the admission of defeat, please call the mods, by all means.. I'm in a discussion here and you keep responding to me, and now I'm a troll. Really pathetic.

Except you are a troll with a persecution complex. If that's what you enjoy doing, then by all means, knock yourself out; but ceasing the denial would be appreciated.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

Let's just say you clearly lost this discussion and now all you guys can do is call me a troll.

Go ahead, call the mods on me.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

I agree with you on the way some here are just out for a confrontation. I Said i would not respond to him anymore So mayby the rest of the people here can discuss the video and just ignore him like i am. Savage has his views and I can respect them. I may disagree about his methods but to condemn everyone for a few misguided people is really absurb. Its a shame so many cannot practice as they preach so to speak.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Stormdancer is there a reason that you sent me a u2u.

I asked you in the thread. Are you afraid to say that in the thread?

I wonder why that is.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Stormdancer is there a reason that you sent me a u2u.

I asked you in the thread. Are you afraid to say that in the thread?

I wonder why that is.

WE are off topic, and I was trying to be a peace maker.

I assure you I have no animosity what so ever against gays, I thought maybe you would be real in U2U, but apparently not.
edit on 023030p://bSunday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by longjohnbritches
reply to post by RandomEsotericScreenname

Absoutly. MISSION accomplished

and one mo time

This guy in the OP is GAY and proud AND butt faced LOUD.
can't argue with that!

Why hasnt any christian told this guy how he isnt helping their cause at all? This is more proof of hypocrisy and that not a single one of you will tell another to tone it down. You're not even suspicious that this guy may just be a troll for Dans side, intentionally trying to show how repugnant you guys can be. What a joke it is to watch you guys stroke eachothers egos, pretending to be so wise and enlightened. Disgusting.
edit on 29-4-2012 by Climax because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

I am real in here.

Peacemaker? I am not at war, I'm in a discussion, just like you guys.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by yuppa

I agree with you on the way some here are just out for a confrontation. I Said i would not respond to him anymore So mayby the rest of the people here can discuss the video and just ignore him like i am. Savage has his views and I can respect them. I may disagree about his methods but to condemn everyone for a few misguided people is really absurb. Its a shame so many cannot practice as they preach so to speak.

AS I see it as you have to give respect to be respected.

Maybe that don't work either, lol

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChristianJihad

Originally posted by MsAphrodite
reply to post by ChristianJihad

In orthodox Christianity Jesus is both fully human (his life on earth) and fully God.

For clarity are you one of the types that claims jesus and yahwhe were one and the same being ?

The Truth has been hidden even from devout Christians. Jesus himself explained his relationship with God/Yahweh as that of the SON. The SON is the second person of the Trinity. Thus, Jesus understood that as a clear pane of glass, he purely reflected the image of the Divine. Even in Hindu philosophy there is a Trinity. Visnu is the person of the SON In HInduism. Krishna is described as the 7th incarnation of Visnu. Thus we understand that the person of the SON has many incarnations.
Jesus and his disciples demonstrate the understanding of reincarnation(or pre-existence of the soul in terms of the teachings or Origen) in the dialogue about Elijah

The name of Elijah comes up again in the accounts of the Transfiguration given by Matthew (17:1-13) and by Mark (9:1-13). Jesus had gone up to a high mountain in the company of three disciples - Peter, James, and John. While there, the disciples witnessed a deeply moving spiritual spectacle that has come to be known as the Transfiguration. The countenance of Jesus changed. "And His garments became glistening, intensely white ... And there appeared to them Elijah with Moses, and they were talking to Jesus" (Mark 9:3- 5).

A cloud overshadowed them and a voice out of the cloud declared: 'This is my beloved Son, with whom I am well pleased; listen to him" (Matthew 17:5). For the disciples, the event was further confirmation that their Master was indeed the Son of God. But they also remembered the teaching of the Scribes (presumably based on the prophecy recorded in Malachi 4:5) that Elijah must come before the Messiah. Hence, they, sought clarification from Jesus. They asked "Why do the scribes say that first Elijah must come?" In answer, Jesus is reported to have said:

But I tell you that Elijah has already come, and they did not know him, but did to him whatever they pleased (Matthew 17:12).

But I tell you that Elijah has come, and they did to him whatever they pleased, as it is written of him (Mark 9:13).

The two statements are substantially the same. And they show Jesus as confirming the truth of the prophecy

that Elijah would reincarnate, and stating that Elijah had, in fact, already reincarnated. But Jesus does not reveal the identity of the reincarnated Elijah.

Matthew goes on to add a statement that is not in Mark: 'Then the disciples understood that he was speaking to them of John the Baptist" (Matthew 17:13). This is a repetition of the view of the author of this Gospel that John the Baptist was a reincarnation of Elijah (Matthew 11: 14 15). Matthew gives the impression here that this view was also held by the three disciples - Peter, James, and John - who were in the company of Jesus on the occasion of the Transfiguration.

www.cinemaseekers.com...

This is strangely obscured from the masses by a reprobate clergy and church leadership. I once talked to a young woman who had attended Catholic parish who said the priests told her that they understood about reincarnation but they do not preach it to the masses. The Roman Emperor had Origen anathematized for his teaching on reincarnation. One can only guess why an emperor would have wanted to eliminate something such as this from official church doctrine. It basically comes down to power. If the Church can control our knowledge, they can control us and our salvation.
Jesus gave us the Truth about his relationship as that of the SON. He also said that we were to follow in his footsteps.
The truth is that we are all SONS and DAUGHTERS of the Most High. Jesus never said that he was the only one.
As the clear pane of glass he stated his oneness with the Father, I Am That I Am, which potential we all have to become one with the Father. He said it but it has been obscured by power manipulators who want the masses to live in the perpetual belief they are sinners and cannot be the clear pane of glass.
We are all made in the Image and Likeness of God. It is stated thus in the bible and is not blasphemy. It is only wicked people who would hide the truth from us all.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Well you see how well respecting is going with the troll in the thread right? LOL. Ah well. Have you found out anything yet about the walk outs? I have tried looking but I am coming up with nothing so far myself.

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join