It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by RyanFromCan

I have never heard the guy talk before now, even I knew as soon as he said the bible, the general direction he was going to take it. It's the way he said it, I am surprised he didn't put up the air quotes and the troll face as he was saying it. The tone of voice he used, gave his upcoming tirade away. It's not really about what he says, but how he says it. He comes across as confrontational and aggressive. Just like a bully does.

I am sure there are plenty of people who can read a posters tone also, specially a trolls tone...

happens to me all the time, I have no tolerance and practice preemptism also, it is our way.

when I read peoples posts I can feel much more of what that person is thinking inside, being forced to write ones expressions automatically exposes the inner self... this can be covered easily by a charlatan in-person, though I have learned a quick strike which I have developed in public for this also.
edit on 28-4-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Funny, I AM a Christian, in fact, I am the leader of the youth group at my church, and under no circumstance would I support, endorse, or accept any of my kids using the Holy Bible as a means to justify hate and abuse. I am not a Christian basher, I am a exposer of pseudo-christians who soil the name Christian.

And you being that way should earn you some respect from non-Christians.

In fact, it will probably open eyes and ears of those that choose not to follow a religion, or people who have questions about religion but otherwise would turn away from a hateful message. You seem to be doing it right.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4

Originally posted by jzenman
Brilliant. My thoughts exactly. I couldn't have said it better. And I don't even think they should call themselves Christian. They should call themselves Paulist.

Yep. They also either won't respond to it at all, or they will go completely berserk and ballistic at me, to the point of being profane. Just watch.

Like I said; Christians are nothing if not predictable.

boo this librarian!
Boo...

where's the love?

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jacktorrance

the Truth does not share their prejudice...

Batman goes to work... simple

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by SisyphusRide

I (believe?) I agree with you.

You said most are good with reading sarcasm, I'm finding tonight I don't think I am.

But if I understand what you're saying, then yes, and that's why I like Batman.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by RyanFromCan

Funny, I AM a Christian, in fact, I am the leader of the youth group at my church, and under no circumstance would I support, endorse, or accept any of my kids using the Holy Bible as a means to justify hate and abuse.

I am not a Christian basher, I am a exposer of pseudo-christians who soil the name Christian.

"Those who truly walk in His footsteps are few and far between" - - - Congrats!

Signed: Atheist.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Climax

Really, you must of over looked this part of the story:

As many as 100 high school students walked out of a national journalism conference after an anti-bullying speaker began cursing, attacked the Bible and reportedly called those who refused to listen to his rant “pansy assed.”

How brave of a grown man? to do this to a group of teenagers. If I remember right, islam isn't exactly forgiving of gays but will this big mouth spout off to a group of muslums? I doubt it.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by longjohnbritches

Ya- all notice None, None care to take on the BRITCHES of truth.
A forked tongue is sour in the mouth of it's owner.
Anti Christianism behavior is tantamount to Anti -Semitic behavior.
You got it? Bring it. ljb

WOW, quite the attempt to derail the thread there Mr. Britches.

And who are you to declare anyone's actions to be anti-christian? Maybe, just maybe, some of us try to live as Christ did, making us Christians, but are just fed up with pseudo-christians, masquerading as followers of Christs teachings, using the Bible to spew hate and damnation.

Fair somewhat enough.
BUT by your own admission you are TOTALLY IGNORANT of folks like me that can run your BS deeper into the ground than HELL itself.

My own admission? People like me? I am totally ignorant of folks like you? My BS? What BS would that be exactly? Still trying to derail the Thread because it isn't going your way?

No sunshine I am a slicer and dicer and your ignorance is under my processer.

To quote a post on this forum:

Trolling is the act of deliberately disrupting topical discussion.

Note that although trolling can take many forms, it must always be deliberate, and always intended to disrupt topical discussion.

Expressing controversial viewpoints is NOT trolling and, in general, even the most radical of opinions are welcome as long as they are expressed in accordance with the AboveTopSecret.com Terms And Conditions Of Use.

Rather, trolling requires activity that falls outside the boundaries of topical discussion, such as ad hominem attacks, off-topic digressions, spamming, flooding, shocking images, foul language, threats, falsehoods, hoaxing, garbled/bizarre/absurd posts and other inappropriate behavior.

In all cases, the key feature is deliberate disruption.

SOURCE

Your posts have served no purpose other than to disrupt, your posts have been utterly nonsensical, and border on personal attacks, congrats, you are a troll.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Batman knew the animalistic population at that point needed the terror of his truth! for it was the only way to make them understand again.

"Terror of his truth"? Kind of like what Dan Savage was doing don't you think? Jesus and Batman are not the only ones who know how to speak the Truth. Sometimes just ordinary individuals can stand up for what is right.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

I have never heard the guy talk before now, even I knew as soon as he said the bible, the general direction he was going to take it. It's the way he said it, I am surprised he didn't put up the air quotes and the troll face as he was saying it. The tone of voice he used, gave his upcoming tirade away. It's not really about what he says, but how he says it. He comes across as confrontational and aggressive. Just like a bully does.

A judge in front of a court room comes off like that to, most politicians do, your boss does, my parents did when I was a kid in trouble, none of this makes them a bully.

Many people come off as confrontational and aggressive, that does not make them a bully. Have you ever watched a political debate? Court room jousting?

If you think Mr. Savage was being anything approaching a bully, God help you when the real world comes knocking on your door.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by jacktorrance
reply to post by SisyphusRide

I (believe?) I agree with you.

You said most are good with reading sarcasm, I'm finding tonight I don't think I am.

But if I understand what you're saying, then yes, and that's why I like Batman.

I tried to have a decent discussion also... it is all too clear who the true bullies are.

walk away like a good Christian or wield the sword of truth... but it is basically commanded of you to defend truth (with your tongue) not a literal 'real sword'

I fight for Jesus' truth and for his will to be done, on earth just as it is in the kingdom of heaven...

! DEATH to TYRANTS !

edit on 28-4-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jacktorrance

Funny, I AM a Christian, in fact, I am the leader of the youth group at my church, and under no circumstance would I support, endorse, or accept any of my kids using the Holy Bible as a means to justify hate and abuse. I am not a Christian basher, I am a exposer of pseudo-christians who soil the name Christian.

And you being that way should earn you some respect from non-Christians.

In fact, it will probably open eyes and ears of those that choose not to follow a religion, or people who have questions about religion but otherwise would turn away from a hateful message. You seem to be doing it right.

Thank you, Being a Christian does not mean being a Radical right wing bible thumping nut-job. I am amused when people accuse me of being a christian basher, or hater, when I do not subscribe to the bible being used as a tool of hate and bigotry, and I know I have the support of my church in this regard (Salvation Army Community Church).

The Bible is a body of truth to live by, it is not literally true, and anyone who understands the issues with the bible but still can believe in God are secure in their faith, sadly, they are the minority.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

The only people I have met that come across as confrontational and aggressive, for no reason are police officers. And yes, I do consider them bullies.

I have been before judges before, a few of them came across as arrogant bullies. Most of them however addressed me with respect, and got it back from me. None of my bosses have ever acted like that.

Most people in my life are decent people, and treat people with respect. Then again, I don't associate with douchey people.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

If you have half of a wallnut you will explain this. Or else you only have the wall.
You said this.

"If you think Mr. Savage was being anything approaching a bully, God help you when the real world comes knocking on your door."

talk it up ljb

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

The only people I have met that come across as confrontational and aggressive, for no reason are police officers. And yes, I do consider them bullies.

I have been before judges before, a few of them came across as arrogant bullies. Most of them however addressed me with respect, and got it back from me. None of my bosses have ever acted like that.

Most people in my life are decent people, and treat people with respect. Then again, I don't associate with douchey people.

The crux of the issue lies in the first sentence of your comment:

confrontational and aggressive, for no reason

Mr. Savage, and many like him DO have a reason to be confrontational when it comes to bullying, and especially anti-gay bullying at the hand of "christians", it has gone as far as physical attacks. Confrontational does not mean a direct confrontation with any singled out person, being confrontational can be as simple as making a statement, or pointing out facts that make a group of people uncomfortable.

Mr. Savage did not target Christians, but rather the thought processes of people masquerading as "christians".

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

No one in that audience accosted the guy, so his hostility there was for no reason. He was taking out the chip on his shoulder in a public forum.

I have been assaulted before by hood thugs before. If I got up on a public mic and started ranting and raving about black people and thug rap, I am sure black people in the audience would be offended. Especially when the topic at hand was supposed to be antibullying, not airing out my anger.
edit on Sun, 29 Apr 2012 00:01:38 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

If you have half of a wallnut you will explain this. Or else you only have the wall.
You said this.

"If you think Mr. Savage was being anything approaching a bully, God help you when the real world comes knocking on your door."

talk it up ljb

Are you capable of making a post that is on topic, and comprehensible to anyone but yourself?
Do you enjoy derailing threads?

I would gladly converse with you if your posts were understandable, you posed real questions, and I did not think you were actually talking to yourself.

edit on 4/29/2012 by RyanFromCan because: fixed tags

edit on 4/29/2012 by RyanFromCan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Wow and this was allowed without parents permission to be
shoved in their children's faces ?
I can see this seminar happening at a college etc. , but at a
public school with minors *aghast*
I would be pulling my kids out so fast from there and getting a lawyer.
Who knows what else is being 'taught to kids while their parents
are not present ? ?
H O M E S C H O O L I N G

Scary thing is, the parents tax dollars are being used to fund this guy :

he wrote that in 2000, suffering from the flu while on an assignment
to cover the Iowa caucuses, he volunteered for the Bauer campaign with the intent to infect the candidate with his flu. He wrote that he licked doorknobs and other objects in the campaign office, and handed Bauer a saliva-coated pen, hoping to pass the virus on to Bauer and his supporters He also registered and participated in the caucus, which was illegal, as Savage was not an Iowa resident. He was charged and pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor charge of fraudulent voting in a caucus, and was sentenced to a year's probation, 50 hours of community service, and a $750 fine

SICK & A CRIMINAL
BLACKMAIL :

he sponsored a contest that led to the term santorum being used to refer to "the frothy mixture of lube and fecal matter that is sometimes a byproduct of anal sex".Savage set up a website to spread the definition.In 2010, Savage offered to remove his website if Rick Santorum would agree to donate US$5 million to a gay rights group

Should this guy even be around kids, let alone be funded be taxpayers ? :

-supported the Iraq war and advocated military action against other
-He opposes the tactics of the War on Drugs
and opposes the prohibition of certain controlled substances.
-His has been as an outspoken critic of the Teen Dance Ordinance and other crackdowns on all-ages events
-quoted "should be dragged behind a pickup truck until there's nothing left but the rope". In the same interview, he stated, "Mr. Romanelli should go # himself"
-against abstinence "The Kid: What Happened After My Boyfriend and I Decided to Go Get Pregnant"
-"Skipping Towards Gomorrah: Pursuit of Happiness in America"
-"I wish the Republicans were all #ing dead."

whether you side with his views is besides the point,
his filthy mouth needs to be banned from kids, period.
But why, and who in government is pushing this in public schools,
especially when he is a self admitted Contrarian, a person who takes up a position opposed to that of the majority, no matter how unpopular.
"Contrarian styles of argument and disagreement have historically been associated with radicalism and dissent"
, . . . and "our" gov. is fundung this ?
. . . or IS IT "our" gov. anymore ?

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I did not say hostile, I said confrontational, and on that note, nothing Dan said was hostile, it was blunt, but not hostile.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Mr. Savage did not target Christians, but rather the thought processes of people masquerading as "christians".

so Savage wants the Christians to just burn themselves or go away quietly into the night?

wonder what mr savage will do when there is no one to exchange swords/words and truths with?

maybe start stalking Christians or anyone to bully, possibly even eat and devour like alot of atheists do literally!?

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join