Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens

page: 25
56
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

log in

join

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Nickldd92
 





Of course there are animals that will mate with the same sex occasionally but that is pure sexual drive and nothing else. I'm not saying that homosexuals do it just for sex, im saying its not natural and never will be.


Men having sex with men is sexual drive which is natural. Men loving other men is love, which is natural too.




posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by subfab
it appears to me that the speaker was trying to show how religion can be used as a weapon by a bully. dan savage is right, if one part of the bible is true then it all has to be true. if one part is false then the rest comes into question. picking and choosing what you believe from the bible can be hazardous.

-subfab


I'm not sure if you actually really mean that. Why do you think it is the case or why attitudes in place over 2,000 years ago should not be challenged - constantly? Whatever fundamentalist Christians may say, the Bible is a work by man, as are the works of the other faiths and they are informed by the politics and mood of the times. Does that alter the message of the New Testament, or the broad concept of the other major works? I don't know. I'm not up for stoning anyone, but I do believe that to treat others how you would like them to treat you is still a fairly good way to live your life.

By the way, if you take your stance as 'gospel', then the American Constitution is invalid, otherwise it wouldn't have needed any amendments.



posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by SisyphusRide
it cuts like a double edged sword.


meaning straight down the middle thru the center of both sides (of the crowd)... it is a narrow and learn'ed way that one wields their sword/tongue properly and with truth and justice.




edit on 29-4-2012 by SisyphusRide because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4
 


"there are gay people out there who make the assumption that heterosexuality is always illegitimate"

Seriously? Provide a link to any such group. The entire concept is oxymoronic. Humans would not be able to procreate were that true. I agree with you that there are extremes in all groups and homosexuals, as humans, are just as prone to the same human weaknesses the rest of us have.



posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by something wicked

Originally posted by subfab
it appears to me that the speaker was trying to show how religion can be used as a weapon by a bully. dan savage is right, if one part of the bible is true then it all has to be true. if one part is false then the rest comes into question. picking and choosing what you believe from the bible can be hazardous.

-subfab


I'm not sure if you actually really mean that. Why do you think it is the case or why attitudes in place over 2,000 years ago should not be challenged - constantly? Whatever fundamentalist Christians may say, the Bible is a work by man, as are the works of the other faiths and they are informed by the politics and mood of the times. Does that alter the message of the New Testament, or the broad concept of the other major works? I don't know. I'm not up for stoning anyone, but I do believe that to treat others how you would like them to treat you is still a fairly good way to live your life.

By the way, if you take your stance as 'gospel', then the American Constitution is invalid, otherwise it wouldn't have needed any amendments.




i don't follow what you are saying.
i agree the bible is a work by man. a work influenced by the politics of the day.
i see the point of the speaker in the video, dan savage, where people are picking and choosing which sections of the bible to follow. i think you and i are on the same page on this topic.

either follow all the bible as a work from God or not. either God is right or he messed up.

the bible says don't put up a christmas tree. but thousands of christians do every year. it's just another example of the "picking and choosing" of what to follow in the bible.


Jeremiah 10:2-5

King James Version (KJV)


2Thus saith the LORD, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them.

3For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe.

4They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not.

5They are upright as the palm tree, but speak not: they must needs be borne, because they cannot go. Be not afraid of them; for they cannot do evil, neither also is it in them to do good.



-subfab



posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by subfab

Originally posted by something wicked

Originally posted by subfab
it appears to me that the speaker was trying to show how religion can be used as a weapon by a bully. dan savage is right, if one part of the bible is true then it all has to be true. if one part is false then the rest comes into question. picking and choosing what you believe from the bible can be hazardous.

-subfab


I'm not sure if you actually really mean that. Why do you think it is the case or why attitudes in place over 2,000 years ago should not be challenged - constantly? Whatever fundamentalist Christians may say, the Bible is a work by man, as are the works of the other faiths and they are informed by the politics and mood of the times. Does that alter the message of the New Testament, or the broad concept of the other major works? I don't know. I'm not up for stoning anyone, but I do believe that to treat others how you would like them to treat you is still a fairly good way to live your life.

By the way, if you take your stance as 'gospel', then the American Constitution is invalid, otherwise it wouldn't have needed any amendments.




i don't follow what you are saying.
i agree the bible is a work by man. a work influenced by the politics of the day.
i see the point of the speaker in the video, dan savage, where people are picking and choosing which sections of the bible to follow. i think you and i are on the same page on this topic.

either follow all the bible as a work from God or not. either God is right or he messed up.

the bible says don't put up a christmas tree. but thousands of christians do every year. it's just another example of the "picking and choosing" of what to follow in the bible.


Jeremiah 10:2-5

King James Version (KJV)


2Thus saith the LORD, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them.

3For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe.

4They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not.

5They are upright as the palm tree, but speak not: they must needs be borne, because they cannot go. Be not afraid of them; for they cannot do evil, neither also is it in them to do good.



-subfab


Sorry, but I disagree with you that you take the whole thing or nothing at all. But, that is my choice, you have yours.



posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke
 


People can't force others to accept a life style, either they are going to accept you, or they are not, fanning the flames sure isn't the way to handle the issue,

I think he still has issues within him-self, and anger issues he needs to let go and work through.

You know everyone is always trying to force their opinions on one-another. What is wrong with saying I accept your opinion.

You can't bully people into acceptance it will just have the opposite affect.

All about the control drama, people love the drama, you have to accept to be accepted, maybe you will never be accepted, heck I am going to go plant some flowers.

edit on 103030p://bSunday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777
 


Hi sto,
You are a refreshing breath of air. After saying that and sending you some flower to your left. I hope you are a goil LOL
The best ljb



posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChristianJihad
reply to post by Stormdancer777
 





I was raised Christian, never in my 62 years did I hear homosexuality as a topic during a sermon, I have gone to many churches, I didn't know what homosexuality was until I was in my twenties.


It took you 20 years to get around to actually reading a bible ?


I said I never heard gay issues preached in the church, and I didn't know what homosexuality was until I saw it talked about on the Donahue show

It just wasn't the issue it is today,

Guess I was sheltered.

I was never taught to hate in the church I went to.



posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by longjohnbritches
reply to post by Stormdancer777
 


Hi sto,
You are a refreshing breath of air. After saying that and sending you some flower to your left. I hope you are a goil LOL
The best ljb


LOL thank you yup I am a goil.



posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by RandomEsotericScreenname
reply to post by Nickldd92
 





Of course there are animals that will mate with the same sex occasionally but that is pure sexual drive and nothing else. I'm not saying that homosexuals do it just for sex, im saying its not natural and never will be.


Men having sex with men is sexual drive which is natural. Men loving other men is love, which is natural too.



I think the on topic aspect here is Gay and Proud not DUMB and LOUD



posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by longjohnbritches
 


What does that mean, I reponded to that guy, so take it up with him.

Are you calling me dumb and loud for participating in the discussion and giving my opinion?

Very typical, again. Another blatant display of intolerance, arrogance and hypocrisy, and for what? Me speaking the truth.

You guys are proving the points time and time again. Good job, the lord must be proud of you.

Btw,I am a hetero sexual in case you wondered.
edit on 29-4-2012 by RandomEsotericScreenname because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Originally posted by ChristianJihad
reply to post by Stormdancer777
 





I was raised Christian, never in my 62 years did I hear homosexuality as a topic during a sermon, I have gone to many churches, I didn't know what homosexuality was until I was in my twenties.


It took you 20 years to get around to actually reading a bible ?


I said I never heard gay issues preached in the church, and I didn't know what homosexuality was until I saw it talked about on the Donahue show

It just wasn't the issue it is today,

Guess I was sheltered.

I was never taught to hate in the church I went to.


Guess you avoided the question there, I'll ask again . If you did not know what homosexuality was until you were in your twenties then you obviously had not read any of the bibles as the matter is discussed at some length in these books which is why this thread exists to begin with.

May I assume you did not know what adultery or fornication was until you were 20? Were you aware that if you worked on the sabbath that you ran the risk of another bible believer putting you to death ?
Up until you were twenty did you happen to eat anything that contained blood ? If you did then I'm sorry to tell you that was the very worst crime against your god with a penalty of being cut off from it go to jail do not pass go and all that.



posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ChristianJihad
 



CJ, I am answering your question, I didn't know about homosexuality, I don't remember it being preached or else I didn't understand what they were talking about, yes, I new about adultery and such, lying, stealing , yada. yada,

I mostly remember the love doctrine, and I am totally alternative in my Christian beliefs, I don't go for the hell fire and damnation stuff.

Now when we look at the OT, yes those times were brutal, not just in the Hebrew community.
edit on 113030p://bSunday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
All these anti-bullying measures, yet Christians keep getting bullied.
Oh the hypocrisy.



posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777
 





People can't force others to accept a life style,


Indeed, so why are christians interfering with gay peoples' lifestyles again?

Breathe of fresh air my a...

More like a fresh load of....hypocracy.
edit on 29-4-2012 by RandomEsotericScreenname because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ChristianJihad
 





Up until you were twenty did you happen to eat anything that contained blood ? If you did then I'm sorry to tell you that was the very worst crime against your god with a penalty of being cut off from it go to jail do not pass go and all that.


What's your point CJ, BTW I learned about the blood issue when i studied with the JW's,

I spent years studying with different sects then studying different religions looking for the root of religion and spirituality.

I wanted to get back to the original roots, I decided to take that which was about love, and I fail all the time, now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.



edit on 113030p://bSunday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by RandomEsotericScreenname
reply to post by Stormdancer777
 





People can't force others to accept a life style,


Indeed, so why are christians interfering with gay peoples' lifestyles again?

Breathe of fresh air my a...
edit on 29-4-2012 by RandomEsotericScreenname because: (no reason given)


Have I interfered in some way?



posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by longjohnbritches

Originally posted by RandomEsotericScreenname
reply to post by Nickldd92
 





Of course there are animals that will mate with the same sex occasionally but that is pure sexual drive and nothing else. I'm not saying that homosexuals do it just for sex, im saying its not natural and never will be.


Men having sex with men is sexual drive which is natural. Men loving other men is love, which is natural too.



I think the on topic aspect here is Gay and Proud not DUMB and LOUD

Chill,
I wasn't addressing anything more or less than the topic.
Which you two seem to be drifting away from.
You know the Meat Head with the LOUD butt faced attitude. IN the OP
cheers ljb



posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777
 


Were you not arguing against the supposed interfering with other peoples' lifestyles done by people like the guy in t he OP vid, when you replied to Realspoke's comment?

Did I misinterprete that?





new topics

top topics



 
56
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

log in

join