It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Bullying Speaker Curses Christian Teens

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by RyanFromCan

Originally posted by longjohnbritches

Originally posted by RyanFromCan

Ya- all notice None, None care to take on the BRITCHES of truth.
A forked tongue is sour in the mouth of it's owner.
Anti Christianism behavior is tantamount to Anti -Semitic behavior.
You got it? Bring it. ljb

WOW, quite the attempt to derail the thread there Mr. Britches.

And who are you to declare anyone's actions to be anti-christian? Maybe, just maybe, some of us try to live as Christ did, making us Christians, but are just fed up with pseudo-christians, masquerading as followers of Christs teachings, using the Bible to spew hate and damnation.

Fair somewhat enough.
BUT by your own admission you are TOTALLY IGNORANT of folks like me that can run your BS deeper into the ground than HELL itself.

My own admission? People like me? I am totally ignorant of folks like you? My BS? What BS would that be exactly? Still trying to derail the Thread because it isn't going your way?

No sunshine I am a slicer and dicer and your ignorance is under my processer.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv
Those are some angry words there. Where is your love for Dan? Where is your tolerance? Oh, you don't think he deserves it? Maybe like Dan doesn't think Christians deserve tolerance for using the Bible to justify their bigotry and homophobia?

I am angry. The man was insulting to a large number of kids in the audience
Isn't that what bullies do?
Instead of bashing the bible why couldn't have just said that religious thought has been used to justify bullying?
He chose to be confrontational which is the way of the bully.
He didn't have to ridicule anyone to make his point yet he chose to do so and that tells me he has a great deal of anger at some people who have used the bible to condemn alternative lifestyles.
Releasing anger at others is what bullying is about,

Where's my love for Dan? I don't have to love Dan, I just have to tolerate him to be a part of a civil society. He would be more lovable were he less angry and offensive towards others.

Some Christian do use the Bible to condemn gays, that's true but it's a small minority. Jesus never taught anyone to stone gays so there's the difference. Just as there's a few flaming queens who happen to be gay when most are not nearly so open and flamboyant about it - you know what I mean? You got all kinds of people in any group.

You want tolerance? - you have to give it.
You want people to hear you? - don't start by offending them then demeaning them for leaving in protest.
Don't make mock apologies - they don't work either.
Frankly, the fact so many students applauded his behavior was saddening.
Maybe he'll move to hating Jews next, let's see how well that is received.

I feel sorry for this bitter man who can't be civil enough to present his views without being patently offensive and ridiculing the belief systems of others.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Aw, come on, Guys. Let's be cool to each other. This is the first thread I've seen in all my years here that was about both religion and homosexuality that was staying civil.

Let's keep it that way. Yeah? It's just an exchange of ideas between real life people.

(This is not an official mod note).

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by petrus4

Originally posted by korathin

Originally posted by ChristianJihad
reply to post by korathin

People don't understand the Gospel of Jesus, most Christians don't even understand it.

Ohhh go on then I'll ask - "And you do I suppose ?" And once again I'll ask Who exactly, made you an authority"?"

Me, Myself and I.

Like I keep saying, rule of psychopaths just ain't gonna cut it for yous anymore. I believe that I am right and your totally wrong, in regards to this issue. I may not be a perfect human being, but that doesn't matter because I am totally apathetic towards your thoughts, opinions, hopes and dreams.

The simple fact is you and your ilk are actively interfering in the society I want, thus my apathy turns to hostility.

"Most people don't care till you make them care."

There is only one thing that keeps 97% of Christians.

Fear.

The condemnation, the judgement, the advocacy of coercion as you are doing here. All of it. You are terrified out of your minds, on a continual basis.

I'm truthfully not sure why I keep trying to communicate with any of you. You won't listen to me, because you can't. The fear of Hell, of Satan, and of the end of the world won't let you. You won't see that your religion is a cage, and that there is an entire universe that exists outside it. I couldn't see that either, until I finally decided to go through said fear; and I'm still not completely on the other side of it yet. You are going to condemn me for what I'm writing right now, and it is going to hurt me.

You live and think and behave in a way that is diametrically opposed to that of Jesus Christ, most of you; the man you claim to be adherents of. As I said, the condemnatory vitriol that I know you are going to spew at me in response to this post, will prove that. Christians are nothing if not predictable.

Realise that you have been lied to. Pauline Christianity is a complete lie. Stop being literally, and continually, berserk with fear.

Brilliant. My thoughts exactly. I couldn't have said it better. And I don't even think they should call themselves Christian. They should call themselves Paulist.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by jzenman
Brilliant. My thoughts exactly. I couldn't have said it better. And I don't even think they should call themselves Christian. They should call themselves Paulist.

Yep. They also either won't respond to it at all, or they will go completely berserk and ballistic at me, to the point of being profane. Just watch.

Like I said; Christians are nothing if not predictable.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jacktorrance
reply to post by longjohnbritches

Why do you pick on the Jewish History Book??? You are a anti-Semite that came he to ths thread because of you problem for what??

I don't particularly know what you are talking about.

I am not picking on any Jewish History Book (do you mean the Torah?). I am no anti-Semite. I have no problems with Jews, Muslims, Christians, or any other religion (or atheist for that matter) that can form their opinions in concise, non-hateful way.

I don't know why or how you would have gathered from anything that I have said that I am anti-Semite. If you were being sarcastic, I still didn't get it. My apologies.

can't you see they are doing exactly what the thread is designed to do? a total troll thread so they can get their rocks off... they do not want discussion, they want blood... and I have blood of Christ for them

if they do not want to communicate but instead act like little kids and call names to God then so be it... it justifies their unjust acts.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

I would quote something you've said, but basically it all falls under what I am about to post.

The total confusion I feel when reading your posts is astounding. I consider myself to be a fairly intellectual person, granted, I've got things to learn, but I am really struggling to get behind the mindset in your posts.

I get that you seem to be promoting Christianity, which is fine, obviously it isn't off topic to discuss in this thread, but you seem to hate anyone that disagrees with you (by making strange metaphors and/or major assumptions).

I have a hard time telling if what you're doing is trolling or not. I hate to accuse someone of that...but..

The man in the video was pointing out hypocrisy in religion, particularly the Bible. There is nothing wrong with him saying that - although I can think of a more tactful way to say it if you're also an anti-bullying promoter.

edit on 28-4-2012 by jacktorrance because: Changed "Lack of confusion" to "total confusion" - I was too confused to even word that properly.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

The kids in the Audience started leaving immediately the word bible was uttered, they did not have the time to be offended by what he said, he simply said "lets talk about the bible for....." and the kids where already reacting, 20 seconds into the video, the first of the runners passed the camera before he had even finished listing off the short list of biblical quotes he used.

His comments were not directed at Christians, but rather at pseudo-christians who use the bible as a hate tool. If you were offended by what he said (I am talking generally, not you in particular) you just may have used the bible to propagate hate in the past, or intend to do so in the future.

Your point assumes that he was being abusive or bullying the kids in question, he had no way knowing who was what UNTIL they got up and walked out in willful ignorance. Pointing out inconsistencies in how they apply their faith, and the bible, and how it is used to abuse and bully people, does not constitute bullying or abuse. Just because they are offended does not mean anything said was wrong.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Aw, come on, Guys. Let's be cool to each other. This is the first thread I've seen in all my years here that was about both religion and homosexuality that was staying civil.

Let's keep it that way. Yeah? It's just an exchange of ideas between real life people.

(This is not an official mod note).

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

until the pro trolls stepped in with a giant circle-jerk with eachother, congratulating and consoling eachother in a coordinated manner so they look good amongst themselves.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SisyphusRide

can't you see they are doing exactly what the thread is designed to do? a total troll thread so they can get their rocks off... they do not want discussion, they want blood... and I have blood of Christ for them if they do not want to communicate but instead act like little kids and call names to God then so be it... it justifies their unjust acts.

Thanks for that.

I'm beginning to think you're right, what with some of the more recent posts.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

I would quote something you've said, but basically it all falls under what I am about to post.

The lack of confusion I feel when reading your posts is astounding. I consider myself to be a fairly intellectual person, granted, I've got things to learn, but I am really struggling to get behind the mindset in your posts.

I get that you seem to be promoting Christianity, which is fine, obviously it isn't off topic to discuss in this thread, but you seem to hate anyone that disagrees with you (by making strange metaphors and/or major assumptions).

I have a hard time telling if what you're doing is trolling or not. I hate to accuse someone of that...but..

The man in the video was pointing out hypocrisy in religion, particularly the Bible. There is nothing wrong with him saying that - although I can think of a more tactful way to say it if you're also an anti-bullying promoter.

trolling but of course... you should see when they attempt to use the Word of the holy bible to do their bidding... thhat is quite dangerous to do as it warns them in the bible (very last words) They have names too that are only designed to deface you and your faith, do not even grant them your speech... instead show them your boots!

or in Batman Begins case... show them your eyes of fire and mouth of glowing white light as you soar above them.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   

or in Batman Begins case... show them your eyes of fire and mouth of glowing white light as you soar above them.

I appreciate that you threw a Batman quote in there.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by kaylaluv

Put it this way. I am neither a christian, catholic, or athiest. To me that whole tirade sounded like the same tired ridiculing that zealot athiests spout all the time. They attack religion, with an air of superiority, the same way zealot christians attack gays. They both come off looking stupid and close minded to me. Nothing but petty attemps at bullying from both of them.

I don't know how else to put this -- Dan Savage was not attacking religion. He was pointing out the hypocrisy of people using scripture from a part of the Bible that no one really pays attention to anymore to justify their hatred of gays. Whoever coached those teens to walk out knew that he would bring this up. They know that it is a very good argument, so what better way to deflect it, than to walk out during it. Then, people are paying more attention to the kids walking out than they are to his speech at that moment. They started walking out before he really got into it, so it wasn't a reaction to what he was saying, it was a planned walk-out to take some attention away from his excellent point. They caused a distraction, without making a lot of noise, or anything else that would get them in trouble. Clever, but I think he got it. That's why he got a little ticked off at them.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by RyanFromCan

I have never heard the guy talk before now, even I knew as soon as he said the bible, the general direction he was going to take it. It's the way he said it, I am surprised he didn't put up the air quotes and the troll face as he was saying it. The tone of voice he used, gave his upcoming tirade away. It's not really about what he says, but how he says it. He comes across as confrontational and aggressive. Just like a bully does.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

And in some cases, like Bill O'Reilly.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

I appreciate that you threw a Batman quote in there.

it was my favorite scene in the movie... when Batman is flying above the tripping out populace which reverted back to animalistic instincts and actions.

Batman knew the animalistic population at that point needed the terror of his truth! for it was the only way to make them understand again.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by tribaltrip

I am pretty sure Mr. O'rielly is considered a bully to anyone he disagrees with. He won't hardly let you get a word in when he don't agree with you
Hell, I am sure I have seen him cut people's mics before as well.
edit on Sat, 28 Apr 2012 23:13:37 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by tribaltrip

And in some cases, like Bill O'Reilly.

In most case, like Bill O'Reilly.

posted on Apr, 28 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
reply to post by RyanFromCan

Unless the kids in the audience were ranting about it (or to use your example: had 'God hates fags badges on their shirts'): then your example and the other member's still makes no sense, IMHO.

I won't even pretend to know what this guy has been through. No doubt he has his defense mechanisms on high alert and has built a protective wall around himself. Having homosexual loved ones, I've seen what they have had to go through.

However, when you are campaigning for a cause on a national level, it's good to not engage in the type of behavior that has hurt you. Break the cycle and do not use what could have been a beautiful opportunity to engage in the behavior you are fighting for.

It ruins your message.

Not sure how to say it more plainly than that. I'm already sounding redundant! lol

edit on 4/28/2012 by AshleyD because: (no reason given)

Not to worry Ash I got your back and these Christian bashers have met thier match with LJB.
They are PURE DUMB ASS.
later ljbg

Funny, I AM a Christian, in fact, I am the leader of the youth group at my church, and under no circumstance would I support, endorse, or accept any of my kids using the Holy Bible as a means to justify hate and abuse.

I am not a Christian basher, I am a exposer of pseudo-christians who soil the name Christian.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join