It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Ghost Radar Freaked Me Out Last Night!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by 35Foxtrot

Well, I want to blame all of my incidents on coincidence. But here is something else I noticed. Here I sit at home, and it spoke only 2 words. The first was hospital. The second was "snake" and woke me up from an accidental nap. Thank goodness, since I needed to feed my cats, and my accidental nap made me late. Only once in many hours did I notice a colored blip on the screen. In other words, boring city... The same as always in my house. Thus why the ap sat unused for nearly 2 months.

But, in both of the hospitals, in what was supposed to be very haunted areas, I was being constantly surrounded by various colored blips. Tons of them! In the first hospital the most active area was right above the morgue. Where the ghosts supposedly come up through the floor.

Plus I am still trying to figure out how it came up with a name of a doctor that I have never heard in my life. The word was totally new to me. I have my Ipad tracking turned off. Or did the ap know that I was accessing the internet from a particular hospitals Wifi, and took it from there? Being in a hospital would it amp up its "readings"? Or am I giving this ap too much technological credit?

edit on 24-4-2012 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

I'd be willing to bet this app is simply using a combination of hot and cold reading (like fake psychics use). It probably looks at your search history, your contacts, text messages, other apps, location data, etc... and then returns words associated with what it finds. It could also listen to what you say through the microphone and return words that are stored in a sort of "association dictionary." For example, the guy who said cigarette caused the phone to return the word "tobacco." It could also have returned "smoke" or perhaps "fire." When it notices you are located at a hospital (either through your conversation or by identifying your location) it starts showing a lot of ghosts-- it would probably do the same thing if it found out you were at an address with the word "cemetery" in it.

Your mind is doing most of the work, however. The phone gives you mostly random words because it is searching for something that will affect you. You're more likely to remember the one time it gave you something apparently significant than the thousand times it said nothing of any consequence.

Or maybe it is a worthless pile of crap and the spirits ARE contacting you... after all if they leave recordings on cassettes why can't they influence the supposedly random computing actions of your phone?

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Ghost App, what will they think of next?
I can barely sleep at night with my own inbuilt ghost radar, never mind one on a damn phone.
Besides I've had enough freaky experiences with normal phones to last a lifetime.
A bit of silly fun maybe, conducive to a good nights sleep it is not.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Hello...I read your thread and downloaded that app to my phone and guess what? Something strange did happen..You just made a believer out of me..Here is my story and this just happened a few hours ago.
After I downloaded the app, I opened it and the radar screen popped up and there were different color blips on the screen..yellow..red ..green ...blue and my phone start spelling and saying words. Nothing significant..just random words..so I'm thinking to myself, this doesn't do anything..."paranormal". So I say to myself...If this is real..give me a sign...let my dad reach out to me. My Dad passed away several years ago .My phone spells out..."nearer"...and the word stays there for several minutes.
I'm thinking, well that's not proof. So I get out of bed and go downstairs to my kitchen, leaving the phone on my bed.....when I come back upstairs...I look at my phone and what word is on the screen....."father"...

With that being said, I stayed awake the rest of the night with my lights on.

This is a true story

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

I feel the same way in regards to this ghost radar. If you don't have they knowledge to close the portal, who knows who is coming through and staying. Scary.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan

Originally posted by HomerinNC
I downloaded the ap myself, just random words and a waste of .99

It would be funny if the OP was the creator of this app and was just using this thread as a way to get people curious about it

I wish. But sorry...No marketing conspiracy here.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by amongus
This ghost radar app is interesting.

Said my bosses last name, THEN his first name three sessions later.
Next, it said daughter about three hours ago during one session. Two sessions later daughter popped up again..

The creepy part is my wife and I are finding out if our first child is a boy or girl on Thursday. Everyone has been trying to predict the sex....and this thing spits out daughter twice! I'll let you know if it was right...especially since I've been saying it's going to be a boy for four months.

The other thing I'd like to address is this thing pulling personal info from your iPad or phone. I have this app on my wife's iPad. Zero contacts in Rolodex, history deletes every time you close browser....so, this isn't pulling it from personal contacts.

edit on 24-4-2012 by amongus because: (no reason given)

BTW, Amongus, CONGRATULATIONS to you and your wife!

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by 35Foxtrot
The purse thing I cant explain but you only mentioned it as an aside after your op. now, that would've been the first thing I mentioned if it happened to me...

I mentioned the incident of the purse flying off the table afterwards because, while it did happen within an hour of the ghost radar events taking place, I was not there to personally witness it (I had gone up to bed about a half hour before it happened).

My daughter, son, and his girlfriend told me how it happened and that it (purse flying off the kitchen counter) occured at the very moment that my daughter was telling my son and his girlfriend about what had happened with the Ghost Radar.

I completely trust that they were telling me the truth.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
okay just had an eeire experience with mine, JUST NOW
listening to the radio while sitting here surfing the web, a commercial for a liposuction place came on, and the radar said FAT...either it was talking about the commercial or my own body type lol

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari
It doesn't matter if it is a ouija board, a pen and paper, or a phone app... If you invite communication with the other side and provide a medium for them to use you are opening a portal with which they can reach out through. Be warned you are not guaranteed to contact the people you are meaning to reach. Spirits lie, just like humans lie.
Be careful and close the portal behind you.

I have seen you give this warning before on the board.
I would be very interested if you could possibly explain here in this thread about closing portals once you open them. It could be of use to those who do open these doors

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Does anyone know if there is a computer version of this program?
Something someone could run on their computer that would act like a ghost box?

I am getting curious.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
i downloaded the same app which i thought it was a joke but it have said some pretty weird stuff it knew my mams name who passed away a few years ago and it told me where her ashes is and what they are in ,PRETTY STANGE?

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Spooky! My hair at the back was standing after reading your story.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by wavemaker

Thanks, I'm still trying to assimilate this experience.
I have to say I'm hearing some pretty eerie stories from others using this thing as well.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
ive just had HELP, SMOKE
and my mum died of lung cancer not ong ago

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
Does anyone know if there is a computer version of this program?
Something someone could run on their computer that would act like a ghost box?

I am getting curious.

If you are using google,try this.

play.google.com...

Sorry,it's for android devices,not computers
edit on 24-4-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

thanks for that!

I don't normally use google, but I will to try the apps.

I am seriously curious.
If I find/hear anything interesting I will post it

You have to have itunes installed to use the apps....
getting it now...lol
edit on 24-4-2012 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
No worries, if there is a way to make it work on a computer, I will find it

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

Good luck.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71
[more

edit on 24-4-2012 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join