It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Ghost Radar Freaked Me Out Last Night!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Fun stuff. I figured hey maybe I should get the app on my android.

So I got "Ghost Radar Classic"

Opened it up.. put it on the counter in my kitchen.... then just stood there waiting for my soup to warm up...

After about 30 seconds it spits out "hungry"....... What?! Ok lucky guess, it knows im hungry.

Then it spits out "sugar"... ok weird, it was less than a foot away from the sugar container on the counter...

After that just a bunch of random words like 'fighting, army, jane'

Righto. Definitely weird / coincidence but fun.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I use it on occasion to freak my kids out.
But ,in reality,I think it may use some of your personal info and search history on the web.

The conspiracy part of me says that it is a ploy to get info on you..........O-O

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Hey, kdog,
Now THAT would be a conspiracy theory that would get my interest.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

I would say clear out your browsing history on the ipad and see what it does.

If it says "bowl" and "ancient" I would be freaked out also.

I'm downloading it on my iphone the I confiscated from my daughter.
Waiting for the results.
Shot gun is ready.
edit on 23-4-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

Ok,I get the words .. key .. stopped.. drink .. jungle....throughout...bee...sheet..gray...grade...life...worth...january...

Oh,my.
edit on 23-4-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Just to toss in my two cents...but the equipment people like TAPS use to hunt ghosts and beasties in the night are relatively expensive and very specialized. If someone put sensors in the I-Phone capable of reading the same energy fields, EM interference and the like...I'd buy one myself. That would be enough by itself to buy the phone as a bonus to the sensor package.

AS it is... well.. as far as I know, the Iphone has nothing special to make one of these do more than the programmer wrote it to do as entertainment and it sounds like it was written to be pretty fancy in how it acts like it's hard at work.

For what it's worth...I downloaded the Win Phone version of this and played with it about 5 minutes.. That version was cute...but remained amusing about that long for me.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
ok,it's freaking me out now.......And it's still spitting out words..

connecting it.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I wish I thought of this, I could have made billions off gullibles. Maybe I should make an EVP translator or something.

edit on 23-4-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

I know,it's fun to play with.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Teye22
Maybe you device pulled your first /last name from your account information..

This is what I was thinking. You registered your name with the device, so it's programmed into the device. The app is probably just using that.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I downloaded the ap myself, just random words and a waste of .99
lol

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
I downloaded the ap myself, just random words and a waste of .99
lol

It would be funny if the OP was the creator of this app and was just using this thread as a way to get people curious about it

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I'm a paranormal investigator and I actually use a ghost box that I made myself. I did download a couple ghost box apps. for my IPhone but have not come to any conclusions yet. According to the people that design these Apps, iPhone/iTouch sensors to measure the “quantum fluctuations” surrounding you.

I have gotten some chilling EVP's from my shack ghost box. Just recently I caught what appears to be a child's voice that says..." evil is stalking us " Was it directed at me and my team...? I dont know...I did have an investigator scratched while doing my pre-walk through of the building. Anyways...I have not gotten anything from the App yet that makes my eyebrow lift but I haven't given it a good go. My IPhone camcorder picks up things better then my expensive camcorder while on investigations...I've yet to figure that one out. I also use the voice recorder and have caught awesome EVP's that my digi voice will also catch.

I definitely use my iPhone for investigations and it has not let me down. I'm almost finished w/ a vid of my last investigation...it's the most active investigation of my life....

I do believe that spirits can use our devices to communicate or we can use them to see if they're around because of the energy they can control and manipulate from it. In my opinion your experience is not the end all to say yup..100% works...but it is far more then just coincidence what happened to you. It said your name 2x's and your last name 1x'.....come on now.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I am going to give you my opinion, and this is not a topic I talk about often at all. There are many different devices and divination tools that can be used to access the energies of "whatever" is on the "other side." I don't claim to know how it works, or why it works, but somehow it is possible, and what we call ghosts DO exist. Personal experience has shown me that much.

With that said, asking direct questions, especially from a child, since children seem to have better energy fields or something, I don't know, but they see and feel AND can access more than adults, so asking direct questions with some type of divination device in use could potentially work to access whatever is "out there."

I would have said this was just coincidental, or even a trick of some type from the app itself, but if you are serious about what you said happened after you had went to bed, then you probably stirred something up. For your sake I hope you were just kidding, because sometimes those "things" won't leave on their own. I am not saying I am sure this is what happened to you, but from experience I will say that it is definitely a possibility.

If you start to run into more problems in this area, do not just put it off thinking you are losing your mind or whatever, lol, and trust your judgement as to whether something is not right. This is one of those things you have to nip in the bud asap. But hopefully you were not being serious, and if you were, then hopefully nothing else occurs. Deleting the app will not help the present situation, but if that is truly what happened, what I said above, then I would delete it anyway.

I don't mind taking the crap that I may get for posting this, because I know that I know what I'm talking about. There are two "non-existant" subject matters that I have witnessed with my own eyes, and "ghosts" are one of them. And no i've never seen an alien, nor do I believe they are visiting Earth. Those who know me will know what the other thing is that I've witnessed, but that is for another thread, lol. I can understand that others may want to criticize someone when they have no other indications or material about or from that person...But I've posted enough for people to see that I am a stable, relatively level-headed person, and don't make things up.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Was bored to death, so I dusted off my Ghost Radar at work yesterday. It came up with a word I never heard of before. So I did an internet search and found out that it was a name. So then I typed the name in, and my city. And it came up with a radiologist that worked in the same exact hospital that I was working at that night. BTW, I was situated right up above the morgue. And ghosts were supposedly seen coming up through the floor in the past. (Not by me.)

So this last night, I was at a different hospital. Pulled out my Ipad and showed my co worker the app. Then I said I am running outside for a cigarette. Then the app immediately said the word tobacco. I say good timing.

I just turned it on right now (at home), and this very second the word "hospital" came out. Interesting.... Oh and BTW, I am on my desktop computer right now, and typed this post on it.
edit on 24-4-2012 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
This ghost radar app is interesting.

Said my bosses last name, THEN his first name three sessions later.
Next, it said daughter about three hours ago during one session. Two sessions later daughter popped up again..

The creepy part is my wife and I are finding out if our first child is a boy or girl on Thursday. Everyone has been trying to predict the sex....and this thing spits out daughter twice! I'll let you know if it was right...especially since I've been saying it's going to be a boy for four months.

The other thing I'd like to address is this thing pulling personal info from your iPad or phone. I have this app on my wife's iPad. Zero contacts in Rolodex, history deletes every time you close browser....so, this isn't pulling it from personal contacts.

edit on 24-4-2012 by amongus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
It doesn't matter if it is a ouija board, a pen and paper, or a phone app... If you invite communication with the other side and provide a medium for them to use you are opening a portal with which they can reach out through. Be warned you are not guaranteed to contact the people you are meaning to reach. Spirits lie, just like humans lie.
Be careful and close the portal behind you.

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I always had a creepy feeling about this app.
I deleted it long ago ,but im gonna download it again .
Could this be the next quija board :0

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

I have no idea how that works, but I would give it another try! Youre family member is trying to make contact! I fully believe that the people that we love can come back and watch over us! Dont be afraid-Embrace IT!

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
The only sensors on these devices are accelerometers, cameras and microphones. Unless your "ghosts" can program iOS, how would they be influencing the responses? And how would it be detecting the ghosts?
I think those supposing that it's pulling info from histories and such are correct. If the programmers are any good it may also use a thesaurus like algorithm (you said "cigarette" and it said "tobacco.") could be, I guess. The purse thing I cant explain but you only mentioned it as an aside after your op. now, that would've been the first thing I mentioned if it happened to me...

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by lostinau

Originally posted by airforce47
No, but you may be experimenting with something beyond your control. It would be best to delete the app and possibly change machines. Several religions strongly suggest not attempting to communicate or interact with the realm of spiritualism and perhaps for good reason. My best,

I agree with this; this app is like an electronic Ouji board and as such should be avoided as it may open doors that cannot be closed, resulting in hauntings. I'm not religious, fwiw.

yes yes, you are on the right path...any electronic interacting device such as tv's, computers, mobile devices, radios, sound recorders, and of the like can and often times will attract the other side. For the simple reason of once you attempt to notice them (even in novelty), they notice you.

It can be a very dangerous venture if your not careful as electronics tend to give a spirit the energy needed to manifest its presense.

As far as moving items....understand that it takes a fair deal of energy to move things. Was the movement exact and smooth with even force? Or was it a slow uneven movement that looked like it took a little effort?

If its the afore mentioned....its not a human entity....if its the latter....probably just dear ole dad.

Here is a video with good examples of the real stuff......Check it out
edit on 24-4-2012 by BooKrackers because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join