It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop the christian hate

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Is this not RELIGION, FAITH & THEOLOGY ? It is the proper forum section. It would be sort of 'whats the word' to deny us this section and force our silence. Since most of what happens on earth is in some way or an other influenced by some sort of Faith ........... even today, something was motivated by faith, though some use it as a sham for credability and have been in no way truthful.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ericthenewbie

Originally posted by Starchild23

Originally posted by Ellie Sagan
reply to post by starheart

What makes you, and others like you, think that no one can have any real hope in anything else other than your Jesus? To me that's like saying you have no say in the outcome of your life and yourself.

Who said anything about my Jesus? Are you so wrapped up in your Christian thing that you think there are multiple Jesus's?

Jesus may have been a real man, but who knows if he's a talking figurehead, or if his conversations were reworked to someone else's satisfaction.

I believe in the "Causality Sequence", a web of variables so infinitely large, that humankind is incapable of grasping the entirety of it. There are as many different futures and possibilities, outcomes and destinies, as this web of variables allows.

That's about it.

The comment she made wasn't aimed at you it was aimed at starheart and if you look at her posts she used to be a Christian but is no longer. (no sense in fighting amongst ourselves).

Excuse me, I am ATHEIST!!! I just defend religion and faith, no matter if they are Christians, Jews, Buddhist, New Age, scientific; when i see something valuable getting destroyed and brought down, i defend it.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
These religious debates seem to get awfully heated. Am I to believe that this is because that is how God wants things to be? I'll just ask one question that I would like a real answer to, and please do not provide an answer to my question in the form of another question. IF Christianity, or for that matter I suppose the question could be asked about any religion, is the true religion and the ultimate answer to life, then why is it that we are not born knowing such things? How come the only way for a child to know anything about anything really, this doesn't have to solely pertain to religion if you want to counter my question, is to have it be forced down their throat by others? IF a religion was indeed the true way why wouldn't such a great god create us already knowing how we should act, that way we could at the very least know how we should live without being told. This wouldn't take away free will, it would simply allow for us to posses the knowledge of right and wrong so that we could make decisions for ourselves without others being able to easily misguide us. However, if such a god did not exist he would not be able to create us in such a way...

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Hey - I am a Christian, a Catholic to be precise. I don't give a rat's @ss about who is what and what they believe or not. I think there is enough proof (playing devil's advocate) that someone named "Jesus" existed. There are writings in the Quran, in Jewish literature and in Christian literature that, during the "easter season", someone was taken up into heaven. Now I say "someone" because the Quran states Mohammed etc.

However, be that as it may, people, it matters NOT what you believe or what I believe or whether you believe Jesus existed or not. The fact is that a belief and faith in someone or something should be a personal matter and shouldn't even concern your mother! Who are you to tell me what is fact and likewise who am I to tell yuo what is fact?

You are nothing and noone to me and also I accept I am nothing or noone to you so no matter how you try to convince me, because i won't, that Jesus didn't exist or that God doesn't exist it is as meaningless as a brick trying to advise me on my financial matters.

So now that i have established a grounding where NO ONE should be enforcing their beliefs on anyone I can also say that because I am Catholic and a Christian and I believe in God and I believe in Jesus ALSO doesn't mean that I, quite possibly, see them as, perhaps, NOT being of this Earth - many metaphors in the Bible which mimic aircrafty
i.e. firey chariots comming down from "heaven"...

So why stress about what people say whether you must believe or not? follow your own heart unless, of course, you are not so sure yourself and thus if you can get someone ELSE to believe in your ideals then it MUST be true - right? WRONG!

Live and let live because we eventually ALL die and then it doesn't matter either way.
edit on 13/4/2012 by shearder because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Have you read Matthew 24:3-31 lately? Notice verse 9?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   

2Tim 3:12 Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.

John 15:18 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.

John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Amen.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by shearder
Hey - I am a Christian, a Catholic to be precise.

Catholics aren't Christians.

Do your homework .... "Mary" is nothing but Isis/Semiramis/the queen of heaven. She is also the Statue of Liberty and on top of the U.S. Capitol building. (btw, "Capitol Hill" in DC comes from Capitoline Hill in Rome).

The pope is an antichrist and blasphemes the holy ghost (the unpardonable sin).

www.whateverycatholicshouldknow.com...

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by doomedtoday
These religious debates seem to get awfully heated. Am I to believe that this is because that is how God wants things to be? I'll just ask one question that I would like a real answer to, and please do not provide an answer to my question in the form of another question. IF Christianity, or for that matter I suppose the question could be asked about any religion, is the true religion and the ultimate answer to life, then why is it that we are not born knowing such things? How come the only way for a child to know anything about anything really, this doesn't have to solely pertain to religion if you want to counter my question, is to have it be forced down their throat by others? IF a religion was indeed the true way why wouldn't such a great god create us already knowing how we should act, that way we could at the very least know how we should live without being told. This wouldn't take away free will, it would simply allow for us to posses the knowledge of right and wrong so that we could make decisions for ourselves without others being able to easily misguide us. However, if such a god did not exist he would not be able to create us in such a way...

True Christianity is not a religion. True Christianity is a personal relationship with our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ of Nazareth. The King James 1611 bible is the word of God. It is all you need.

You wrote: "...why is it that we are not born knowing such things?" The bible says we DO know just by seeing what God has made on this earth and we have no excuse:

Rom 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Not believing in God is a sin. Repent (turn from sin and turn to God) and believe on Jesus Christ for salvation.

See link below for how to get saved....I hope and pray that you do.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by DissentFromDayOne

The King James 1611 bible is the word of God. It is all you need.

Well, the KJB is the Bible you need, but you must have a Greek and Hebrew concordance as well or you can get some crazy ideas.

Example:

Three are 7 different Hebrew words for "praise" in Psalms and each one describes a different type of praise and worship before God, and all are translated "praise". because of that many churches do not allow dancing before the Lord, do not allow shouting in triumph, and do not allow raising Holy hands in praise. In the NT there are 3 different Greek words with different connotations and definitions for "word" and in English they are all translated "word". And because of this people attack "Rhema word" of knowledge, and the word of wisdom that God gives to people meant to be shared with someone, another brother and sister in Christ to meet their need right then and there.

So many churches attack another church when the issue is the lazy English language. But the KJB must be used, the modern versions are corrupt with things added and many things removed, especially by Westcott and Hort.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
Hope allows people to live on for their God, when all they'd rather do is take some pills and go to sleep and never wake up again. Countless lives have been saved, people sitting alone in a motel room, broken hearted and destitute, abandoned and unwanted by everyone they ever loved, people on the brink of the edge, staring into that dark abyss and then they look over and see a Holy Bible that an anonymous Gideon has provided and they begin to read. Yeshua takes these outcasts, the people no one loves, wants or cares about and he gives them purpose and a new life in his name so that they can carry on without feeling lost. He gives them a new family and a reason to turn back from that precipice and they lose their fear and hope shines through where they once had none.

THAT's a FACT. Amen.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by CharlesMartel

Have you read Matthew 24:3-31 lately? Notice verse 9?

Who was Christ speaking to? Remember the rules of Hermeneutics brother, it's vital for interpretation. if it wasn't we'd all be going to laws given specifically to Levite priests in duty at the temple and trying to follow them. The church wasn't revealed yet, and Paul said it was a "mystery". Musterion is the Greek isn't some fuzzy enigmatic thing, in Greek it means 'something previously unrevealed is now at this point in time being given', like a password to a safe. Musterion is a revealed truth, Apocalypses is a revealed vision/dream of a person.

The Great Tribulation is the "Time of JACOB's trouble", or Daniel's 70th week. The church is a dispensation between the 69th and 70th week that was hidden from all the OT prophets. The whole purpose of the GT is to bring the Jews to their Messiah. (Hosea 5:15)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Iason321

You said this:
"It's your own deceived mind telling you these things.

Lonewolf never said any such thing, your mind is filled with lies so you can't tell Truth and love from hate and fiction...

We want to save you, not hate on you "

Lonewolf said THIS:

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
...Do you people really find it your calling in life to take away from these people the very last vestiges of HOPE in their lives? Do you want everyone to be just like you? One more walking zombie?

So you're not afraid of death (so you say), if thats the case...go kill yourself, because your life has no meaning, and it does not matter and you're just as dead now as you would be 30 years down the road. You people are already dead you just haven't caught up to that fact yet. All that you ever were will cease to exist, and you will be forgotten, and your names will pass from history and the memory of you will fade into oblivion. Existence has no meaning for you, and you have no more hope for anything except to know that one day worms will eat your corpse....

Iason, seriously?
I could go back and copy all the things you've posted to me specifically about my beliefs being 'new-age-hippy-BS',

Originally posted by Iason321
reply to post by wildtimes

You blaspheme the Lord and then offer hugs.
Knock it off wildtimes, enough with your new age hippie love BS.
I'm done hearing you disrespect Jesus Christ, take your "he was a good teacher" crap elsewhere.
and one in particular in which you said "one day you will die, you will cease to exist and have no more influence on anyone in the world"(possibly paraphrasing, but you know what I'm talking about).

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Three are 7 different Hebrew words for "praise" in Psalms and each one describes a different type of praise and worship before God, and all are translated "praise". because of that many churches do not allow dancing before the Lord, do not allow shouting in triumph, and do not allow raising Holy hands in praise.

All forms are acceptable for use of praise, anyone that bothered to actually read the book knows that all those forms were done. Even David danced in the spirit before Yahweh (and no he was not naked or in his underpants the way Richard Gere portrays him in the movie King David). I raise my hands in the shape of a Y because thats how the ancients did it and i go to a missionary baptist church. It's not really the baptist way to make joyful shouts, or to lift hands or dance in the spirit but i'm an oddball, i hate tradition and the atypical baptist tradition is to stand there like a stone with your hands jammed into your pockets and most won't even sing. Yes i am poking fun at my own church but i still love them even if they don't praise the way i do...no two people are the same.

One thing i will not do is babble gibberish and call it "speaking in tongues" because that is not what speaking in tongues is and that form does not come from Yahweh. Modern day speaking in tongues is uttering gobbledygook no one can understand, but if you take time to read Acts the real speaking in tongues is speaking in a language you do not know but that someone there with you does know and can understand, like how aramaic speakers didn't know greek and they would talk in greek and they knew what they were saying even though it was not their language and people who spoke that language could understand them.

Anytime i'm in the presence of a pentecostal and they start "shobolayaya hee ko dee ya hama nah cha" on me, i have to try hard to keep from busting out laughing. We speak english so the message would come in english, not gobbledygook. I actually had a pentecostal tell one my Sisters she was going to hell if she couldn't speak gibberish because she didn't have the Holy Spirit in her. Some people just don't get it, we were told some gifts would diminish and thats one of them.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

I'm not gonna defend what I said or bring up things you've said in the past,

we've moved on from this point,

we've forgiven eachother since we admit we both probably said things to eachother that maybe werent said in the most loving and compassionate way.....and I will not say anything anymore to you that can be construed as angry, condemning or judgmental,

Amen

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Iason321

Good! Let's hope it sticks the landing this time.
Cuz, I just found the post you made: and came back here to pasted it in....the one saying my..........

Originally posted.............

but,
I already accepted your apology.
So be it.

edit on 13-4-2012 by wildtimes because: NO POINT, IT'S IN THE PAST. THE PRESENT AND FUTURE ARE MORE IMPORTANT.

edit on 13-4-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Perhaps you don't realize it but there are two different "tongues" the bible mentions. The one you talked about where it is actually a human language that another human would understand, but there is also a language of the spirit. It says that it edifies the speaker because he is speaking unto god. Check this: www.biblegateway.com...

I also think it would be wise to not mock people for how they are moved to worship their god, including yours.

edit: Let me clarify that. I don't care what you do, I just remember being taught that when I was a Christian.
edit on 13-4-2012 by Ellie Sagan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

Yes it does! I think it's fully. People of other religions, except of course Islam, can and do question the other ones, and even make fun of their own. Ever see a Christian tell a Christin based joke? When Wiccans gather, there is much laughter, and singing, and no somber sermons, or reading of a book, or praying on our knees.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Who says Christians don't enjoy life? We laugh, sing, pray, dance, its not wrong in any way. And for a good funny point, look up "stuff christian girls say" on youtube. I just about died laughing, because it is true what they say. We do laugh at ourselves on occasion, but putting our Father first and revering Him is somber, because he is Holy. You wouldn't joke and poke fun at the Queen of England would you? no, because that would render you in a poor position.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by IronArm

You wouldn't joke and poke fun at the Queen of England would you? no, because that would render you in a poor position.

I bet he would.

And a lot if us here in this country (the good ole USofA) joke and poke fun at everything here in the good ole USA....our own Presidents, our Founding Fathers, and every sort of person's 'eccentricities'....
why not?

Laughter is another part of God's gift to us. We ALL need to STOP taking ourselves so seriously.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by IronArm
reply to post by autowrench

Who says Christians don't enjoy life? We laugh, sing, pray, dance, its not wrong in any way. And for a good funny point, look up "stuff christian girls say" on youtube. I just about died laughing, because it is true what they say. We do laugh at ourselves on occasion, but putting our Father first and revering Him is somber, because he is Holy. You wouldn't joke and poke fun at the Queen of England would you? no, because that would render you in a poor position.

But you base your lives on an incomplete fairytale, whose scriptures are only half proven. The dialogue can't even be proven...and isn't the dialogue the most important part?

You can look at a bunch of stuff in the Bible and give a dozen explanations for it that make sense (to Christians, anyway) and that doesn't make any of it true.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join