It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop the christian hate

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Yeah, Christians, stop that.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I hate intolerance, not religion.

Don't be intolerant in your religion and we won't be intolerant back.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
the arena is overcrowded, but i must throw my hat in this ring:

the reason why i get extremely frustrated with most Christians, including many on this site, is that they feel an ownership over all spirituality... as though they know the ONLY way to uphold a spiritual life.

how can people who choose otherwise not be offended?

there is an old painting of a conquistador sticking the spanish flag into the pacific ocean, claiming this massive and majestic body of water for one particular tiny political nation. the hubris & ignorance of this deed is akin to the hubris i find in most christians. they stick their flag in the ocean of the Infinite, and claim it all for their own.

i must reject this notion. i do not reject their religion. i do not reject the message of compassion as taught by Jesus Christ. but i reject that Christianity is the ONLY way to know and experience the Divine Infinite.

and until Christians start accepting that they are only A path to spirituality, and not THE path the spirituality, they will continue to receive the backlash of sensible (and nonsensible) folk alike.

As Rumi wisely and beautifully states: "there are thousands of ways to kneel and kiss the ground."

do not chastise, condemn, or seek to save me from "kissing the ground" in a way that is most fulfilling to my heart, body, mind and soul, and i will offer you the same respect.

blessed be, namaste, aloha, shalom and all the rest.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

No greater Oxy-moron than what your title says.....The one type of person that is more pathetic than a liar is a hipocrite.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by starheart

What makes you, and others like you, think that no one can have any real hope in anything else other than your Jesus? To me that's like saying you have no say in the outcome of your life and yourself.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ellie Sagan

What makes you, and others like you, think that no one can have any real hope in anything else other than your Jesus? To me that's like saying you have no say in the outcome of your life and yourself.

Who said anything about my Jesus? Are you so wrapped up in your Christian thing that you think there are multiple Jesus's?

Jesus may have been a real man, but who knows if he's a talking figurehead, or if his conversations were reworked to someone else's satisfaction.

I believe in the "Causality Sequence", a web of variables so infinitely large, that humankind is incapable of grasping the entirety of it. There are as many different futures and possibilities, outcomes and destinies, as this web of variables allows.

That's about it.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by IronArm
Wow. This thread went downhill really quick.

I'll reliterate my previous point.

Don't be a dumb sheep Christian.

Be a Christian with some knowledge, some attentiveness, and try to pertain to the Fruits of the Spirit.

Also, some ability to use proper grammar and spelling would be appreciated, as to lessen the poor outlook on the Followers and our intellect.

Umm...you may want to follow your own advice ...it's "reiterate".

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

You have thoroughly confused me. I wasn't responding to you first of all, but also I have been actually agreeing with you on what you have been saying. I don't understand your post anyway.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

Who said anything about my Jesus? Are you so wrapped up in your Christian thing that you think there are multiple Jesus's?

Jesus may have been a real man, but who knows if he's a talking figurehead, or if his conversations were reworked to someone else's satisfaction.

I believe in the "Causality Sequence", a web of variables so infinitely large, that humankind is incapable of grasping the entirety of it. There are as many different futures and possibilities, outcomes and destinies, as this web of variables allows.

That's about it.

The comment she made wasn't aimed at you it was aimed at starheart and if you look at her posts she used to be a Christian but is no longer. (no sense in fighting amongst ourselves).

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Iason321

You know, I wasn't going to respond to this but it keeps rolling around in my head. Don't pray for me please. I don't want to follow your god. I don't care how bad that sounds.
You Christians think you are doing a loving thing by praying that we change our minds and open our hearts to believe like you do, but really, is it loving? How about if I was a pagan and I thought you would be immensely better off and in touch with your spirit side or whatever that I start praying to my deities for you to turn your ways around and come to what I believe to be the truth and the better way? Would you be happy about me praying that for you? No? Well it is what I think is best for you. I love you and want you to be happy, so I will pray to a god or goddess that I relate to for your "salvation" from your sins of only believing in Jesus for salvation.

Unfortunately, I have many people in my life praying for me to return to Jesus. I don't want to, and I didn't make the decision lightly. I have thought long and hard and had a tough time figuring it out. Sort of. The toughest part was that I would be leaving a way of life that many of my loved ones would be terribly distraught over. I have so much to say here, but this will suffice for now.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Ellie Sagan

I'll keep praying for you, and keep praying that your family and friends keep praying for you as well.

Your human pride and ego can be dissolved in an instant by the Almighty,

Have some faith, and fear not

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

LOL! Wow, you don't love me. I asked you to stop and you immediately said you would do against my wishes what I asked you not to! Just. Wow. *shakes head*

And, oh yeah, I am not afraid. No need to try to get me to 'fear not.'

edit on 12-4-2012 by Ellie Sagan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

LOL! Wow, you don't love me. I asked you to stop and you immediately said you would do against my wishes what I asked you not to! Just. Wow. *shakes head*

And, oh yeah, I am not afraid. No need to try to get me to 'fear not.'

edit on 12-4-2012 by Ellie Sagan because: (no reason given)

No worries -- it's just the typical pretentious Christian mindset lathered in egotism and hypocrisy.

Feel pity for the incompetent.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
are you serious???????? stop hating on christians.........what about do unto others.......i feel persecuted for not being a christian......stop hating christians......christians need to heed there words on a silver spoon

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321
reply to post by Ellie Sagan

I'll keep praying for you, and keep praying that your family and friends keep praying for you as well.

Your human pride and ego can be dissolved in an instant by the Almighty,

Have some faith, and fear not
Whoa whoa whoa... you're definitely not one to talk about a dissolved ego or pride. Having read dozens of your posts... your ego has you on a leash and your beliefs give you pride in justifying that ego. In other words: self-righteous.

Too many Christians are self-righteous (and hypocrites by proxy because Jesus wasn't selfish or intolerant), but you've gone really deep into that hole. And in case you don't know the full meaning of that word: confident of one's own righteousness, especially when smugly moralistic and intolerant of the opinions and behavior of others.

I only say this for your own good and for those who think similarly. Please take a look in the mirror and realize you're no more perfect than the people you verbally stone.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Everybody has their opinion on this, and here is mine:

I know a few Christians who talk the talk, walk the walk, and truly inspire me with their faith and their deep understanding of what it means to be a follower of Christ.

I have also met a ton of people who call themselves Christians, who are the most rude, callous, and mean people I have ever run across.

My own experience attending church is that there are a few lovely Christian souls who radiate Christ's love, and then there's a bunch of black-hearted creeps who judge, make fun of others, and radiate hate and snobbishness. I quit going to church years ago because the creeps outnumbered the true Christians by a landslide.

It is not a case of a "few bad apples", it is a case of most of the barrel being totally rotten, and there are only a few edible apples in the bunch.

I don't believe an internet forum can bring down somebody who is newly saved. I do believe that the rotten apples within the organization of churches will be the ones who do it.

If you radiate Christ's love, I support you. If you come on blasting fire and brimstone, tell people they might as well kill themselves if they don't believe, and spew judgmental nonsense, I will oppose you. It's just that simple.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
There are times when I don't mind a good religious discussion. Sadly, it seems the closest to a philosophical conversation I can get and I have to deal with what I have to work with. Most of the times the religious ones tend not to go so well. I believe the following will explain why there is so much hostility towards Christians in some respects.

Sometimes your preaching is hateful, ignorant and more. However, many times the person is oblivious to the fact, ignores it, or tries to justify it. A veiled threat is not "peaceful" it is "coercive". The whole you will go to hell for this or that is a veiled threat. I mean that Christians claim they are just saying what is in the Bible or it is the truth to conceal the hostility behind those statements.

For example: In my book the book of Elmo anyone who believes in any other god will be viciously assaulted by puppets for all eternity. Jesus was a lie and you are all too blind to see the real truth. Accept Elmo into your life now. It's not my fault you are a sinner, but Elmo is kind and will save you but you have to follow him.

You tell me you believe in Jesus and I tell you you are going to puppet hell. I'm right. You're wrong. Accept it. I'm not belittling your beliefs or trying to frighten you into believing what I say. I'm just telling you the truth written in the book of Elmo.

The next factor is the inability to admit that all you have is a belief and not a truth. There are thousands of other people who will swear, believe and know that their spirituality is the right way. Yet somehow yours trumps theirs. If Christians could recognize these two things they might lose some of the flack they get.

The thing with any group is that no matter how much they preach live and let live that is meant only for them and not your views. For centuries religions have not let others live and let live. Someone once said but that hundreds and hundreds of years ago how many witches are being burned today? So my reply was if your god can hold a grudge against me for something I didn't do then I can do the same.

edit on 12-4-2012 by DetectiveT because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-4-2012 by DetectiveT because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Hope allows people to live on for their God, when all they'd rather do is take some pills and go to sleep and never wake up again. Countless lives have been saved, people sitting alone in a motel room, broken hearted and destitute, abandoned and unwanted by everyone they ever loved, people on the brink of the edge, staring into that dark abyss and then they look over and see a Holy Bible that an anonymous Gideon has provided and they begin to read. Yeshua takes these outcasts, the people no one loves, wants or cares about and he gives them purpose and a new life in his name so that they can carry on without feeling lost. He gives them a new family and a reason to turn back from that precipice and they lose their fear and hope shines through where they once had none.
edit on 12-4-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
There's way too much christian hate going on in this site. People always picking on Jesus and his believers. It's like this, you folks must get your rocks off throwing stumbling blocks in front of believers' paths just so you can get pleasure watching one of us fall, so dull are your lives that you have nothng better to do.

If you do not believe Jesus so what? So people need something to believe in when they die, so that they can die in peace and not be afraid of death. Do you people really find it your calling in life to take away from these people the very last vestiges of HOPE in their lives? Do you want everyone to be just like you? One more walking zombie?

So you're not afraid of death (so you say), if thats the case...go kill yourself, because your life has no meaning, and it does not matter and you're just as dead now as you would be 30 years down the road. You people are already dead you just haven't caught up to that fact yet. All that you ever were will cease to exist, and you will be forgotten, and your names will pass from history and the memory of you will fade into oblivion. Existence has no meaning for you, and you have no more hope for anything except to know that one day worms will eat your corpse.

Better to live with hope and die in hope than to live in hopelessness and die an equally hopeless death.

The problem I have with some Christians here is not that they belive in Jesus and the scripture. It is that they from my point of view do not understand what they are reading but I can be wrong. There is too much judging from some of the Christian belivers here. You are caught up in duality from my point of view and act like bullies and then the other side come in and bully you back. Typical duality behavior from humans. It is not helping you to understand the spiritual message behind all religon that is drop you ego become able to be humble at least in one critical moment and question yourself totaly and recieve the holy spirit. If you already feel the other side physicly in your body (the harmonic bliss when you do not think) then you are already one with god and will soon probably be taught to understand duality. If not then you still have some more evolving to do to get it. I am sorry but I want to push you to become like Jesus and experiance god for yourself and not just read others people views of god that had small or big egos.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
Hope allows people to live on for their God, when all they'd rather do is take some pills and go to sleep and never wake up again. Countless lives have been saved...

I have to stop you there.

Religion has been the cause of numerous suicides, wars, and murders. A delusion that inspires hope is still a delusion. People who prey on the weak with their doctrine are some of the most manipulative, evil people and they don't always realize it.

people sitting alone in a motel room, broken hearted and destitute, abandoned and unwanted by everyone they ever loved, people on the brink of the edge, staring into that dark abyss and then they look over and see a Holy Bible that an anonymous Gideon has provided and they begin to read. Yeshua takes these outcasts, the people no one loves, wants or cares about and he gives them purpose and a new life in his name so that they can carry on without feeling lost.

Yeshua doesn't do a damn thing. People are easiest fooled when they're vulnerable. What you call saved is merely scared people coping with pain by joining a group that worships a cosmic Jewish zombie.

He gives them a new family and a reason to turn back from that precipice and they lose their fear and hope shines through where they once had none.

His followers also use guilt, manipulation, insult, ignorance, and fear to convert. Far from an entirely hope-based religion -- quite the opposite.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join