It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop the christian hate

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

It's not so much "Christian Hate" that is the issue, (In my opinion) it's more like an intolerance against people like you, who, on the face of it appear to be rational, thinking, beings, yet, you believe in a "sky Pixie" with an artificially constructed belief system, which is based on historically flawed data.

I Don't hate Christians/Muslims/Jews,etc.

I Don't hate anybody

But I Despise ANY human being who is gullible enough to fall for all the various religious crap that is touted about as "Truth"

I Pity you my friend, You have obviously been corrupted by people who would rather have you as an ally in their misguided Christian cause..

You have a belief system. - Go for it - if it enhances your life fine, You posted here, so you are now in the Puiblic Domain.

I'm not about to flame you - I don,t need to waste my time. You know God exists. I Know he doesn't.

There is no God, You are responsible for everything you do. Take responsibility for it.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Ellie Sagan

Ellie Sagan, a big star for you, I would give you more if they would let me.

I love you and want you to be happy, so I will pray to a god or goddess that I relate to for your "salvation" from your sins of only believing in Jesus for salvation.

Unfortunately, I have many people in my life praying for me to return to Jesus. I don't want to, and I didn't make the decision lightly. I have thought long and hard and had a tough time figuring it out.

I too love everybody, for a real Wiccan, that is a requirement. And I do pray and ask the Divine Mother to show the Christians what they are doing to people, and to help them find a better, more free way of living. I started out in the Jesus Cult at an early age. I did it all, mimicked my Mother and others I saw. knelt down and "gave my heart to Jesus". I asked "the Holy Spirit" to come into me.
I never felt a damn thing, not a little burst of energy, not a sign from Heaven, no God talking in my ear, nothing like that. I even got baptized in a River, all to no difference whatsoever.

I went without religion for many years, and felt no real need for it either. Later in life, after I was hurt bad, and on my back, I began to again think about religion. So, armed with many books on religion, Theology, Spiritualism, and Theosophy, I began a research project that lasted over 10 years in all. Of the world's religions, one or two really appealed to me. I always, since very early childhood, thought of "God" as being a Feminine Deity, with a male consort, and a family of sons and daughters. You might say a Royal Family. The Feminine aspect of Divinity has always appealed to me, so Wicca stood out like no other in that respect. Hinduism and Buddhism appealed to me, and learning how to enter the zone of Zen I spent many hours on. The very first time I cast a Sacred Circle She was there, I was so very surrounded and warmed by the most pure, loving, caring presence I had ever felt, before, or since. I remember thinking, why didn't I feel this when I was a Christian?

I feel Her graceful and loving presence in my like every day of it here on this world. To leave that, and go back to a stale, empty faith based system of dogmatic supernatural beliefs and superstitions? Why? I am blessed, and wish the same for everyone.

Love and Light to you, Autowrench

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
The way I see it is like this... for 1700 years, or from the time of Constantine The Great, Christianity and Christians were on top of the food chain so to speak. Now that there are hundreds of religions(they existed then as well), and hundreds of christian denominations they consider themselves to be threatened and persecuted. Because they are losing power and influence, is the reason they feel like they're being persecuted.

I couldn't care less what a person believes. When I told my friends I was an atheist I experienced the love that Christians are taught, the love some of you talk about... yeah lots of love lol. "You're going to hell!" and "You're stupid for not believing in GOD!", "I hope you burn for all eternity" these were the examples of Christian love. Over the 15 years since I've told them, I've lost contact with most, some have become agnostic, others have apologized after they stopped believing.

So all in all... believe what you want, just don't tell others that their beliefs or lack thereof are ultimately wrong, and keep it to yourself.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

So if you don't like what you are reading in a RELIGION post... shake the dust off and leave. Easy...

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ericthenewbie

Originally posted by IronArm
Wow. This thread went downhill really quick.

I'll reliterate my previous point.

Don't be a dumb sheep Christian.

Be a Christian with some knowledge, some attentiveness, and try to pertain to the Fruits of the Spirit.

Also, some ability to use proper grammar and spelling would be appreciated, as to lessen the poor outlook on the Followers and our intellect.

Umm...you may want to follow your own advice ...it's "reiterate".

OMG... How 'sheepish' to call out someone for a typo.... stupid actually...

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321
reply to post by blupblup

I've yet to see any Christians on this forum hate anyone....

(actually, I have seen one or two "hellfire and brimstone" types here, which is bordering on hate, but I think they say the things they do out of love)

Nice to see you decided to include an (excuse) in parenthesis there... .Out of LOVE!?!? Really!?!? LOL! That's hilarious..Really study the history of the Christian faith, and you will understand how far away from LOVE they were... AND you will see the real threat to others religious beliefs that those Christians were! Hellfire...Peh! Anyway, why are you making excuses for their 'hatred?? There is no excuse for those hellfire and brimstone threats... It simply does NOT exist...It is a brainwashing tactic that has always been about 'keeping you people in order'. That Hellfire crap severely tainted my childhood. But, that's ok, I've now found my true path to Divinity! Thanks are in order to all my Christian family and friends for pushing me away with that book of yours, and to all the ones that continue to do so by running their "Im right; You're wrong" mouths... I am a much better person and a much more loving and caring soul as a result. :-)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

reply to post by EdwynaGolden

You're right,

If I saw your pathetic heathen butt walking down the st with no clothes and no food,

I would spit on you and tell you you're going to hell,

and then I would laugh maniacllay,

Because I am an evil, evil Christian!

/endsarcasm

I have faith that you're not that type of individual. You seem sincere in your beliefs, and I respect that.

Unfortunately there are many proclaimed christians who would do exactly that, and they tarnish the image of Christianity and cause the negativity against your religion that's descried in this thread.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Vixen~

You're right,

and it's a shame,

but,

such is life,

Amen

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Hope allows people to live on for their God, when all they'd rather do is take some pills and go to sleep and never wake up again.

Gee, lonewolf, can you be any harsher? Hope Springs Eternal, someone once said. I think what you cling to is called "Blind Faith." Blind meaning cannot see the truth, and faith meaning, believing is something not tangible, real, or supported by facts.
The rest of what you said I totally agree with. I too have seen men and women save themselves from certain death by finding something to believe in.

Well I see him on the TV
Preachin' 'bout the promise lands
He tells me believe in Jesus
Steals the money from my hands

Some say he was a good man
Lord I think he sinned, yeah

Twenty-two years of mental tears
Cries a suicidal Vietnam vet
Who fought a losing war on a foreign shore
To find his country didn't want him back

Their bullets took his best friend in Saigon
Our lawyers took his wife and kids, no regrets
In a time I don't remember
In a war he can't forget

He cried "Forgive me for what I've done there
Cause I never meant the things I did"

Chorus:
And give me something to believe in
If there's a Lord above
And give me something to believe in
Oh, Lord arise

My best friend died a lonely man
In some Palm Springs hotel room
I got the call last Christmas Eve
And they told me the news

I tried all night not to break down and cry
As the tears rolled down my face
I felt so cold and empty
Like a lost soul out of place

And the mirror, mirror on the wall
Sees my smile it fades again

Chorus

Sometimes I wish to God I didn't know now
The things I didn't know then
Road you gotta take me home

Solo

I drive by the homeless sleeping on a cold dark street
Like bodies in an open grave
Underneath the broken old neon sign
That used to read JESUS SAVES

A mile away live the rich folks
And I see how they're living it up
While the poor they eat from hand to mouth
The rich drinkin' from a golden cup

And it just makes me wonder
Why so many lose, and so few win

(Poison)

And to me, this is fine. Believe whatever you want to believe. Worship whatever God, Goddess, or flying Spaghetti Monster you want to, it does not matter one way or the other.
Christians, want my respect, and the respect of others?
Stop with the threats. We do not care what you think about what you don't know anything about. Stop telling us your God is the only God, we know better, we can read. Stop telling us we need saved, we may need it, but not by you, and not by your God, thank you.
There are no Demons. Give it up, no body believes in them anymore. It has been some time since the Middle Ages. There is no Devil either, that again is your thing, your belief, we choose not to believe in such a creature. Stop trying to prove what you cannot prove. Stop calling us names, insulting us, and telling us to get off drugs because you cannot convince us.

Now don't get me wrong, I am well versed in religious history and the Bible, and love to argue. I do not love to fight. What I say is from my heart, it is in now way meant to impart hate.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

You can argue till your blue in the face,

it doesn't make the One God stop existing,

nor does it make the Adversary cease to exist,

nor does it make any of the spiritual created beings cease to exist,

nor does it change any well-grounded Christians opinions,

nor does it make any of your pixies, goddesses, or other things your imagination has conjured up, exist

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

nor does it make any of your pixies, goddesses, or other things your imagination has conjured up, exist

My god, whom I call Source (as that is the most accurate description any human can give it) is a loving, all-aware, omnipresent being that permeates every quark of every atom of every cell of every square inch of everyone's skin, as well as every single foot of that highway you drive down, every streetlight you pass when you walk downtown, and every hand that fights for survival every day.

Your god is vindictive, jealous, bloodthirsty tyrant that throws people into fiery pits for all of eternity because all they asked for was a little proof that there really was a purpose to this hell-bent destructive world. Your god claims to be all-powerful and all-knowing...well, in that case, I guess your god KNEW we would end up like this, and not only made us like this anyway, but STILL has not stepped in to show us the right way to live, despite that fact that the least He can do for giving us the freewill and still demanding our worship and reverence is stop the floods and killing.

But no...he can't do that, even though he's all-powerful. You know, I have never met a parent that would do ANYTHING your god has done. Your god would be serving multiple life sentences in Alcatraz, if it were still open. He supposedly made a bet with Satan and made Job's life a living hell after all of this devotion that will supposedly bring favor, and instead he loses everything...just so God can smile smugly and say, "See? Told you he'd still be faithful." And what does he get afterward? Money. Most people nowadays don't think money is a reasonable replacement for a house, children, and wife all dying, as well as pain and suffering from boils and whatnot.

And you want me to have faith in this being? Right. May as well bow to a crocodile and hope it doesn't bite my head off for fun.

We are, for the time being, very much alone on this earth. There is nothing helping us, very little guiding us, and we're fighting what little aid we have every step of the way. We are TRYING to commit suicide, believing all the while it will bring us eternal glory. All of the gold and oil will be gone in a thousand years, leaving us to kill each other for scraps of bread after nuclear Armageddon annihilates half the race.

You don't believe me? Look on the news, and tell me that that isn't exactly where all of this is headed.

You want me to believe an invisible man in the sky will save us if I ritualistically eat the flesh and blood of a guy that's been dead for a thousand years, and telepathically accept his act of destroying a concept by dying on a Roman torture device, or I'll go to hell whether or not I lived righteously...

You know, I'd rather spend a hundred years in those fiery pits than bow to a god who doesn't deserve my life or my respect. That's how it stands, and I can guarantee you I'm not the only one who feels that way.

You can keep your contract with the "Son of God"; I'll live a good life because that's the only way to live in peace. Not because a book told me to...but because it's right. I don't need a reason. I just need love.

Try and argue that!
edit on CFridaypm444406f06America/Chicago13 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

You're right,
If I saw your pathetic heathen butt walking down the st with no clothes and no food,

/endsarcasm

I have never in my life heard so much hatred coming from one little Christian. Who do you think you are? EdwynaGolden made no such insults to you, but rather made a loving, and funny post, IMHO. Do you insult her because she happens to be a Pagan? This bothers you? How?
Women are our Grandmothers, Mothers, Sisters, Wives, and Daughters. You came into this world through the waters, and vagina of a WOMAN. I really do not know how you can sleep at night.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

You're right,

/endsarcasm

No, because you believe it will get you into heaven.

If you were told loving and helping everyone you could, and even being kind for that matter, would earn you a one-way ticket directly to hell...

Would you still do it? Or would you do whatever possible to ensure you had a seat next to God?
edit on CFridaypm515112f12America/Chicago13 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

And, you can argue until you are blue, and purple, and green in the face, I know the true history of your religion, even though you do not, and have attempted to tell you, but, like so many others, you turn a deaf ear and harden that cold, black heart of yours once again when you come near truth. I truly hope, and pray that you find you way out of that pit you are frantically digging for yourself here.
There have been others before you, and they will come after you have gone. There will always be self styled, brainwashed evangelists walking around proclaiming this or that, all bad, of course. I fear for the disposition of your Immortal Soul, friend. You create your own reality, you know, in this life, and beyond.

May the Divine Mother bless you like never before.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

You're wiccan? That's awesome!

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Thank you for your response. I was simply trying to make a point that I wouldn't pray for them if they didn't want me to. They really wouldn't like it because I'm sure they'd think I was praying to their satan or demons.

I like what you wrote about your religious experiences. I was raised in a non churchgoing household, but my grandmother took me to church with her sometimes. I used to go up for the alter call every time because I was afraid it didn't 'take,' so to speak. I was terrified of going to hell. Wrong motivation in my opinion, but Christians use that a lot. My uncle even told me "whatever it takes to get someone saved is OK." *shakes head* I drifted away as I got a bit older, then came back to it when my second son was born. I came back because I was afraid of the "tribulation" spoken about in the book of Revelation. Again.. fear. I found a church I liked and unlike you I did feel the effects. I felt welcome and happy to belong. People were really nice there. I got sucked in big time. It kind of wrecked my marriage. I couldn't put my family or husband first. I had to put god first. It caused a lot of conflict. There were many things through the years that didn't sit well with me. Long story, I'll cut it short. Basically, when I left the church I had trouble believing anything else could be ok to believe in other than what I had already been taught. Know why? Fear. I was afraid of saying I didn't believe in Jesus as my savior anymore.

Now I can fully and honestly say I am not a Christian. And I am not afraid. I too relate well with Bhuddism and Hinduism. I really feel very drawn to Kali for some reason. I also feel drawn to Persephone (from Greek) and Enki (from Sumerian). I don't know how that works, but it is so. I am still learning and opening up to different things. I also feel drawn to witchy stuff I guess. Gotta go , may write more later.

edit: I'd like to clarify what I meant by 'witchy.' I hate the way it sounds. What I mean is I believe in the power of nature and I believe that plants and rocks have effects on us, whether it's scientifically backed or what one would consider 'magick.' I believe that Mother Earth is a living being. I thank her all the time for what she provides and i feel so sad when I see how people are destroying and raping her. It even makes me cry at times. I believe plants have natural and supernatural qualities, and I am rarely without a rock, mineral, or crystal on my person. I believe they help us. I actually cook with herbs and spices sometimes for flavor but sometimes for the spiritual effects they impart to us when we consume them. I have only performed one magical spell, sort of. I made a spell pouch I guess you would call it. It had plant, mineral, and manmade objects in it for a specific cause. I also have a spirit bag or some would call it a medicine bag I guess that I keep in my purse at all times. It has helped me more than once physically and spiritually, and I believe they both effect the other. I hope this makes it more clear what I meant.
edit on 13-4-2012 by Ellie Sagan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

A cold darkened heart I have,

I bet the homeless man i gave money to yesterday had never seen such an evil creature as myself,

I really deserve to goto hell!

People wonder why Christians feel persecuted - maybe it's because we relentlesley give ourselves to an unthankful world? Maybe its because we offer unconditional love and hope to the broken hearted, and people mock us and laugh at us and call us names?

Whatever autowrench,

I hope your "goddess" treats you well,

and I pray God (the real God) forgives you.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Iason321

I notice how you didn't answer my post regarding heaven and hell.

Maybe that's because I'm right.
edit on CFridaypm010141f41America/Chicago13 by Starchild23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

What you are interpreting as hatred,

was said in a sarcastic and playful tone,

it's no wonder you can't understand Love or the Bible,

I don't even know what to say to you anymore, autowrench......

Somehow, being a warm, compassionate, loving Christian,

in your mind,

makes me an evil, sick, hateful monster,

Makes perfect sense

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join