It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop the christian hate

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Starchild23

I can see your point about the...half proven...thing, from a purely emperical standpoint.

However, the premise, (if nothing else, and there is ALOT else) is solid.

Love your neighbour, live an upright life, love your children, so on so forth. That in and of itself is a pretty good point.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

I see no point in arguing with you,

I pray you really are compassionate and loving,

and one day, you will find out,

your God, your Source,

and my God,

are one in the same,

There is only one God, one divine Source,

if you are worshipping the Source, and spreading Love and compassion, you are accomplishing his work.....

Now autowrench, please try and understand that I frequently use sarcasm, and please try and stop misinterpreting my sarcasm for callousness, and my love for hate,

God bless you

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by IronArm

Love God, Love your neighbor (people), adhere to the commandments (do not kill, steal, etc), do unto others as you want done to yourself, turn the other cheek, Love and pray for your enemies, give charity and help the poor, sick, homeless, weak, and lame.

What is so hateful about that?

What is brainwashing about that?

I'd say anyone who says someone who believes in those ideals is brainwashed or evil, is brainwashed

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321
reply to post by IronArm

Love God, Love your neighbor (people), adhere to the commandments (do not kill, steal, etc), do unto others as you want done to yourself, turn the other cheek, Love and pray for your enemies, give charity and help the poor, sick, homeless, weak, and lame.

I'd say anyone who says someone who believes in those ideals is brainwashed or evil, is brainwashed

If they just put those rules up with explanations as to why NOT doing it is bad, and why DOING it is good, and didn't try to explain it with a boatload of false history, I think we'd be happier.

Why? Because then it's a matter of legislature, and not just blind faith.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

edit on CFridaypm060631f31America/Chicago13 by Starchild23 because: Can't read my, can't read my, no you can't read my pokeerr facccceee.....

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Iason321

Kinda funny, that is.

Considering your god does not fit the description of my god.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Do you really need someone to sit down and explain to you why killing is bad and why loving people is good?

edit on 4/13/2012 by Iason321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Do you really need someone to sit down and explain to you why killing is bad and why loving people is good?

edit on 4/13/2012 by Iason321 because: (no reason given)

Apparently, the military does.

Does this answer your ill-suited sarcasm?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

You're wiccan? That's awesome!

Gee, from my posts, I thought that was pretty obvious. Yes, I am, for many years now.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Iason, you came to this forum just like everybody else. ATS does not play favorites, no one is God around here, and you don't get punished for practicing free speech, as long as it is courteous and within ATS regs. Any "hate" as you call it, that you get in here, we know as Karma. You reap as you sow, your book says, somewhere in the middle there. If you sow discord and hate, that is exactly what you will get back. Look around. ATs is not some little town message board. ATS has more active members than any other conspiracy forum. From all over the World. What makes you think that with a few sharp words, and a few threats, and the way you look down on us from that High Horse you have sat yourself on you can just convert everyone to the Cult of Christianity; to drink blood, eat flesh, not have sex a lot, not do anything fun ever, be forced to believe this or that, dress up like a banker.....I can think of thousands of really good reasons here.

It is not your religion that we are having a problem with! Read the posts, the Christians in here don't like you either!
Don't you pay attention? The problem we have it with you, and the way you present your religion to us like we accept it or else. I never, ever just come out and say, "I am a Wiccan, and if you don't take the Goddess into your heart, you are going to burn in a very bad place forever." Know why? Because I don't care what you do, I don't care what your religion is, and I don't care who your God is.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

I apologize for trying to be loving and compassionate,

I forgive you for your latest round of vicious attacks on me, and I hold no grudge.

God bless you

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Wow,

what a loving message you are preaching,

your goddess must be so loving, to make you so hateful and angry with me

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

I know what you are doing. You are trying to win us over with your patience and lovingkindness. You are trying to show us that you are a good, forgiving Christian. We should aspire to be like you, right? You just don't get it. Many of us here have brought up very valid points to discuss, trying to explain why we have issues with you guys. You don't see it. You don't want to even engage us in an intelligent debate or discussion. NO, I am not saying you are unintelligent, before you go off on that point. I'm just saying, can't you discuss this with us? Not just be condescending with your attitude and without throwing bible scriptures at us? Discuss. Easy. Or should be at least.
edit on 13-4-2012 by Ellie Sagan because: grammar

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

I see no hate in autowrench's post. Frustration with you maybe, but not hate. Just sayin.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
spirituality is an expression of one's personal and intimate connection to the Mysteries of Being. it is a celebration of love, not just for our fellow humans, but for all manifest; in nature, in the cosmos, in the arts, in the inner realms of the dream-time.

religion is simply a cultures spirituality. i am a Wiccan Minister, because Wicca best encapsulates my individual unique spiritual relationship.

for anyone to mock this, or rebuke this, or demonize this... well, no sh!t you're going to receive backlash! i would never tell you not to love the life you've chosen.

and yet, from many Christians (not all, of course) that is what i hear.

so please, do not feel persecuted, most especially when you have thrown the first stone.

blessed be... to each and all.

once again, as Rumi says... there are thousands of ways to kiss the ground!

and by the way... i have conjured no pixy! indeed, i have oft had the pleasure of their acquaintance! once or twice with an angel, tu but!

life is some more much interesting if we keep open doors to all such possibilities.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Anytime i'm in the presence of a pentecostal and they start "shobolayaya hee ko dee ya hama nah cha" on me, i have to try hard to keep from busting out laughing. We speak english so the message would come in english, not gobbledygook. I actually had a pentecostal tell one my Sisters she was going to hell if she couldn't speak gibberish because she didn't have the Holy Spirit in her. Some people just don't get it, we were told some gifts would diminish and thats one of them.

That's not true either, and there are Pentecostals that also go the wrong way to the extreme. Especially teaching (Jesus + experience), Paul talks of a tongue of men and a tongue of angels. Whenever there is a real thing satan always offers a counterfeit. But angelic tongues are real, but they too should be practiced in a Biblical manner, and not to the extreme. It's a "private" prayer language that isn't of men used to edify the believer.

3 times in 7 years I have heard angelic tongues with interpretation in a Biblical manner, and it was an angelic tongue. When you're around it you can easily tell the true one from the false. And often people have been taught or coached into it instead of letting it come from the Spirit and people think "I don't want people to think I don't love Jesus so let me make up some "goobly-gook-mamma-slamma-jamma".

I'm aware there are false teaching on the Charismatic side as well brother, but don't dismiss that which you do not know, angelic tongues are legit and Biblical. If you want me to discuss further make an OPEN thread and I'll participate, don't make one calling it demonic if you want to discuss it a calm manner with me.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

reply to post by IronArm

If they just put those rules up with explanations as to why NOT doing it is bad, and why DOING it is good, and didn't try to explain it with a boatload of false history, I think we'd be happier.

Why? Because then it's a matter of legislature, and not just blind faith.

As the other guy's sarcastic point said...does it truely need explaination as to why not murdering and being honerable in actions and deeds is good for society as a whole?

The issue we have now in front of us is polarization. Both sides are becoming more agressive in thier stances without being considerate for the other and thier permissible opinions. Either can be wrong, one is based on faith, one is based on an opposing....faith?

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ellie Sagan
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Perhaps you don't realize it but there are two different "tongues" the bible mentions. The one you talked about where it is actually a human language that another human would understand, but there is also a language of the spirit. It says that it edifies the speaker because he is speaking unto god. Check this: www.biblegateway.com...

I also think it would be wise to not mock people for how they are moved to worship their god, including yours.

edit: Let me clarify that. I don't care what you do, I just remember being taught that when I was a Christian.

Yes Paul speaks of the tongues of men and of angels. Which by implication of angels means, "not of men". Everyone doesn't have that gift though.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Engafan

The way I see it is like this... for 1700 years, or from the time of Constantine The Great, Christianity and Christians were on top of the food chain so to speak. Now that there are hundreds of religions(they existed then as well), and hundreds of christian denominations they consider themselves to be threatened and persecuted. Because they are losing power and influence, is the reason they feel like they're being persecuted.

Man Dan Brown screwed up a lot of folks history. Constantine only LEGALIZED Christianity, his 2nd successor Theodosius I made it the official stare-religion of the Roman Empire.

posted on Apr, 13 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ellie Sagan

I know what you are doing. You are trying to win us over with your patience and lovingkindness. You are trying to show us that you are a good, forgiving Christian. We should aspire to be like you, right? You just don't get it. Many of us here have brought up very valid points to discuss, trying to explain why we have issues with you guys. You don't see it. You don't want to even engage us in an intelligent debate or discussion. NO, I am not saying you are unintelligent, before you go off on that point. I'm just saying, can't you discuss this with us? Not just be condescending with your attitude and without throwing bible scriptures at us? Discuss. Easy. Or should be at least.

*raises hand*

I'll engage.

You'll end up leaving soon though.

But ask away.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join