It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop the christian hate

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
There's way too much christian hate going on in this site. People always picking on Jesus and his believers. It's like this, you folks must get your rocks off throwing stumbling blocks in front of believers' paths just so you can get pleasure watching one of us fall, so dull are your lives that you have nothng better to do.

If you do not believe Jesus so what? So people need something to believe in when they die, so that they can die in peace and not be afraid of death. Do you people really find it your calling in life to take away from these people the very last vestiges of HOPE in their lives? Do you want everyone to be just like you? One more walking zombie?

So you're not afraid of death (so you say), if thats the case...go kill yourself, because your life has no meaning, and it does not matter and you're just as dead now as you would be 30 years down the road. You people are already dead you just haven't caught up to that fact yet. All that you ever were will cease to exist, and you will be forgotten, and your names will pass from history and the memory of you will fade into oblivion. Existence has no meaning for you, and you have no more hope for anything except to know that one day worms will eat your corpse.

Better to live with hope and die in hope than to live in hopelessness and die an equally hopeless death.

At last an thread that understand that hope, even if to others seems inpractical, is necessary to our existence, and that we souldn't try to bring that last hope down.
I'm not Christians, but i understand its meaning and its effects on people; and i try to defend that hope as much as i can from people like... ahemStarchild... and ahemAkrakon... to destroy that last representation of happiness.
A star and a flag for you, mate.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I have mixed feelings on this thread - with some sympathy.

On the one hand, I think that the topics in the religion area are fair game. If someone posts a comment that "gravity does not exist", then you would expect all to reply not just those that agree and those that disagree to not reply as it may "hurt the ops feelings". It is a credit that Christianity allows itself to be subjected to constructive debate ( - on a slightly separate but related note - have you seen in history how the religion that is open to debate and new ideas has thrived - Islam culture in the Middle Ages, Christianity now) .

Having said that, there are trolls that will turn a sensible topic e.g. Earthquake and fracking and then start quoting the bible - this is a little annoying. But these are individual trolls and we should not see this as the whole Christian community (you get trolls in all communities)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by reggin

Jerusalem is not an example as it is considered a Holy city by 2 other religions (Muslim and Judaism) outside of Christianity.

Jerusalem (play /dʒəˈruːsələm/; Hebrew: יְרוּשָׁלַיִם‎‎ Yerushaláyim About this sound ; Arabic: القُدس al-Quds About this sound ) is the capital of Israel, though not internationally recognized as such,[ii] and one of the oldest cities in the world.[1] It is located in the Judean Mountains, between the Mediterranean Sea and the northern edge of the Dead Sea. If the area and population of East Jerusalem is included, it is Israel's largest city in both population and area,[2][3] with a population of 763,800 residents over an area of 125.1 km2 (48.3 sq mi).[4][5][iii] Jerusalem is also a holy city to the three major Abrahamic religions—Judaism, Christianity and Islam.

During its long history, Jerusalem has been destroyed twice, besieged 23 times, attacked 52 times, and captured and recaptured 44 times.[6] The oldest part of the city was settled in the 4th millennium BCE.[1] In 1538, walls were built around Jerusalem under Suleiman the Magnificent. Today those walls define the Old City, which has been traditionally divided into four quarters -- known since the early 19th century as the Armenian, Christian, Jewish, and Muslim Quarters.[7] The Old City became a World Heritage site in 1981, and is on the List of World Heritage in Danger.[8] Modern Jerusalem has grown far beyond its boundaries.

In Judaism, Jerusalem has been the holiest city since, according to the Hebrew Bible, King David of Israel first established it as the capital of the united Kingdom of Israel in c.1000 BCE, and his son Solomon commissioned the building of the First Temple in the city.[9] In Christianity, Jerusalem has been a holy city since, according to the New Testament, Jesus was crucified there, possibly in c.33 CE,[10][11][12] and 300 years later Saint Helena identified the pilgrimage sites of Jesus' life. In Sunni Islam, Jerusalem is the third-holiest city.[13][14] It became the first Qibla, the focal point for Muslim prayer (Salah) in 610 CE,[15] and, according to Islamic tradition, Muhammad made his Night Journey there ten years later.[16][17] As a result, despite having an area of only 0.9 square kilometres (0.35 sq mi),[18] the Old City is home to many sites of tremendous religious importance, among them the Temple Mount, the Western Wall, the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, the Dome of the Rock and al-Aqsa Mosque.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I will address theism, because the problem I have with christianity is not separate from that I have with all theistic paths of religious belief.

The origin of my hate for your theistic belief system stems from one problem. Followers of theism sit there and do nothing about the ecological destruction of this planet because they believe the lie of salvation, and thus believe the planet does not matter, because their god will destroy it anyway. These may not be your outward beliefs, but they have a significant unconscious effect upon you, whether you think so or not. At the core of theistic belief exists the assertion that a theist is "above" the natural world in a divine sense, that this world is only a test on your way to heaven. I can see the result of theist apathy all around me. Chrisitanity specifically teaches human dominion over the lands and waters, and I believe that this idea also allows many christians to justify how they disregard the Earth.

Historically speaking, theistic religion permeates every culture that has ill-treated their surrounding environment, while naturalistic religions have been at the core of every genuinely sustainable culture to ever exist. Simply said, I worship all things as one, and the health of this Earth's ecology, the ecology I believe gave at least some contribution to my very existence, is extremely important to me. The continuation of my own species and other species I care for is also highly important, and I am willing to fight and die for these. Your religions stand in opposition to what I care for, so I hate them and would rejoice to witness their final years in the growing psyche of human-kind.

On a more basic level...Do you really think people just hate you because you believe in jesus? Because your book says people will hate you? Its a rather naive assertion, and I think the people who make it need do some extensive self-examination. Most people at best dislike you because you think you have it all figured out. The questions you believe to have answered are some of the most important humans have ever asked themselves. Who are we? WHAT are we? Where did we come from? Where do we go? And on and on. Yet, here you are on a daily basis claiming to know the answers to all of these cosmic secrets, and then you say "here are the rules, and if you don't follow them, you are a contemptable sinner, and you are condemned." OP you are specifically guilty of this type of activity. It is arrogant, to say the least. Then many christians attempt to push their religious MORAL views on those who do not share them, and they are generally very persistant and often abusive. So don't be surprised when trying to push your dogma on people, that they take offense.

One last thing before I'm done. I have always found it hilarious when christians become mad when people mock them. After all, you're the ones who believe we deserve an eternity of the most brutal of torture for thinking differently than you. The least we can do is mock you. The least.
edit on 12-4-2012 by OrchusGhule because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starchild23

Your Bible is mental, mate.

Books cant be Memtal.
Only people.
Get it?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by reggin

But mental people can write books

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by starheart

I'm not Christians, but i understand its meaning and its effects on people; and i try to defend that hope as much as i can from people like... ahemStarchild... and ahemAkrakon... to destroy that last representation of happiness.

I love it when Non-christians attack non-christians...

You don't know me friend... I don't preach the bible... the only thing i preach is love...

You can not defend against what i preach... you can try... but you will fail... every single time...

And clearly you have not read what i post on these forums....

ALL will be saved...

Know your enemy before you consider him as such... and do me a favor... try to spell the name right...

Silly...

edit on 12-4-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ericthenewbie
reply to post by reggin

But mental people can write books

and post in threads. rofl

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by reggin

Your Bible is mental, mate.

Books cant be Memtal.
Only people.
Get it?

Someone has no concept of international dialect.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

It's hilarious that you think you know ANYTHING about what comes after death, or what the grand design is.

Repeat after me: I...AM....ONLY...HUMAN....

I...KNOW...WHAT...I'M...TOLD...NOTHING...MORE....

Okay, we got this? No? Repeat both lines once more.

...okay, there we go. Now that you have a firm grasp on the concept that WE AS A RACE KNOW NEXT TO NOTHING ABOUT THE UNIVERSE, we can move on.

Alright. Here's the thing: you have to stop waiting for this Jesus dude to come along and fix everything, because if you sit on your tukka for too long, your car's gonna explode before the mechanic arrives.

Sometimes, you gotta get **** done yourself.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by reggin

Jokes.. you try to paint me as mental because I post in a thread...here's a mirror...you post here too

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

It's hilarious that you think you know ANYTHING about what comes after death, or what the grand design is.

Repeat after me: I...AM....ONLY...HUMAN....

I...KNOW...WHAT...I'M...TOLD...NOTHING...MORE....

Okay, we got this? No? Repeat both lines once more.

...okay, there we go. Now that you have a firm grasp on the concept that WE AS A RACE KNOW NEXT TO NOTHING ABOUT THE UNIVERSE, we can move on.

Alright. Here's the thing: you have to stop waiting for this Jesus dude to come along and fix everything, because if you sit on your tukka for too long, your car's gonna explode before the mechanic arrives.

Sometimes, you gotta get **** done yourself.

You are also free to believe whatever you will...

Don't believe what i say... i care not...

I know what i know.... and im good with that....

Jesus does not fix anything.... especially IF you don't understand what he said...

Nothing needs to be fixed.... everything is how it should be.... always has been, always will be...

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by OrchusGhule

If I could give you an applause for that, man...I would.

After all, it's completely verifiable. I was just talking to a Christian who kept bleating: "Oh, don't worry. God will take care of it."

What if we **** everything up before He gets here? He seems to be taking a really long time...because if I had to choose a time for him to show up, it wouldn't be after two world wars and a near-genocide shook the planet...or maybe those atomic bombs that annihilated hundred of civilians...

Or perhaps those people killing perfectly healthy people in His name?

Yeah...keep waiting. Meanwhile, I'm gonna build me a bombshelter. Or is God gonna drop one of those down for me?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Nothing needs to be fixed.... everything is how it should be.... always has been, always will be...

Alright. I'm convinced.

At least a third of our race has evolved....into sheep.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

Alright. I'm convinced.

At least a third of our race has evolved....into sheep.

Im not trying to convince you... let the evidence fall where it will...

and you are correct by the way....

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by starheart

So your answer is to sit in a burning house and half faith that a thousand-year dead man is going to save you from the embers?

Good luck with that. There's faith, and there's survival. Having faith never put a darn scrap of food in my stomach or a shirt on my back. Other people did it out of their faith...but I never got it out of my faith.

Faith is for the soul. Science is for the body. That day when you die and become just a spirit...well, you can go for faith then. Until that point, I'm going to stick with delicious science. Oooh, look, ghoulash!

link   

edit on CThursdaypm444401f01America/Chicago12 by Starchild23 because: spaghetti and beer

link   

edit on CThursdaypm282801f01America/Chicago12 by Starchild23 because: spaghetti and beer...again

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Wow. This thread went downhill really quick.

I'll reiterate my previous point.

Don't be a dumb sheep Christian.

Be a Christian with some knowledge, some attentiveness, and try to pertain to the Fruits of the Spirit.

Also, some ability to use proper grammar and spelling would be appreciated, as to lessen the poor outlook on the Followers and our intellect.
edit on 12-4-2012 by IronArm because: brainfart.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by IronArm

I'll agree to that more than the other doctrines of Christianity...

Makes more sense, at least.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join