It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop the christian hate

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ellie Sagan
reply to post by Phantom traveller

I just want to say I agree wholeheartedly and that you put that very succinctly and in a non inflammatory way. I'm glad you posted.

I'm not here to fight with anyone.
Love,hate and respect are things someone is earning with his/her actions.Christians have earned the hate of people due to the fact that a bunch of them acting bad and the rest don't do anything to stop them.Unfortunatelly the bad christians are the ones surfacing and draw attention.

I call them bad because although they know their bible by heart,they act as they don't understand a word the book says.It's the actions and the way someone lives that makes a good christian(or whatever ),not trying hard to show the world how "good" you are.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

edit on 12-4-2012 by cloudyday because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iason321
reply to post by ~Vixen~

Well Vixen,

God forbid a sadistic murdering rapist ever crosses paths with you or a loved one,

Let's just hope they see things the way you do!

I think you're living in a fantasy world.....it's time to wake up to reality

Whose reality? Yours? What do you propose, that you love them away with your song? Why even call yourself a Christian if you don't follow Christ teachings that you profess to hold in such high regard? Are you even truly a Christian if you willfully choose to make your own rules rather than follow the teachings in your bible?

I treat others as I wish to be treated, and believe it or not, it really DOES work. The problem is that too many people that profess to have trust in god actually lack the true devotion to love unconditionally. They choose to classify, dictate and condemn others rather than to genuinely embrace them. If you show disdain for others it shows, and then manifests itself in the form of negativity and hate.

I'm not naive and I understand that many of those with whom I deal do not share my ideals and may cause me harm, but until such time that they actually demonstrate hostility towards me, I treat them with respect and kindness. Those who would do harm to me or my loved ones are handled differently.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

reply to post by lonewolf19792000

I have faith that the Christians who frequent this forum have the wits to see through the lies and deception of all the new age garbage and atheistic nonsense...

Here's your Mirror.

Signed: Atheist

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I wish Christians would stop it with their crap persecution complex and stop calling anything that disagrees with Christians as hatred and oppression of Christians everywhere.

Here's a hint: maybe if you guys would stop your demonization of anything that isn't Christian and stop revising everything that isn't Christian to give it a Christian slant so you guys can take credit for it, people wouldn't be so hostile towards you.

If you wouldn't stop trying to displace any population, then people wouldn't be so hostile towards you.

If you people would leave stuff alone and stop trying to convert people who don't want to be Christians, people wouldn't be so hostile towards.

Stop these things, live your own lives, and stop worrying about other people. Let them come to you. If they're truly interested, they will.

And stop pretending to be victims. You bring it all on yourselves.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
More thoughts by Adampants/Adampants2007/Adampants 2008 on religious institutions, the teachings of Christ, and learning from the Creative Spirit.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
There's way too much christian hate going on in this site. People always picking on Jesus and his believers. It's like this, you folks must get your rocks off throwing stumbling blocks in front of believers' paths just so you can get pleasure watching one of us fall, so dull are your lives that you have nothng better to do.[/quote]

Don't try and ram your "faith[" down my, my friend's, or anyone elses' throats, and I will not make you look foolish about your week beliefs.

[quote]If you do not believe Jesus so what? So people need something to believe in when they die, so that they can die in peace and not be afraid of death. Do you people really find it your calling in life to take away from these people the very last vestiges of HOPE in their lives? Do you want everyone to be just like you? One more walking zombie?

Some of us do believe in God, but we do try and ram it down the throats of other people, just because they don't see things EXACTLY as we do. Funny that you are begging for tolerance, all the while calling anyone that does not believe as you do a walking zombie, is that your educated point of view as a Christian by chance?

So you're not afraid of death (so you say), if thats the case...go kill yourself, because your life has no meaning, and it does not matter and you're just as dead now as you would be 30 years down the road. You people are already dead you just haven't caught up to that fact yet. All that you ever were will cease to exist, and you will be forgotten, and your names will pass from history and the memory of you will fade into oblivion. Existence has no meaning for you, and you have no more hope for anything except to know that one day worms will eat your corpse.

HOW dare you suggest someone should go kill themselves because they do not see the world exactly as you do, how freekin' arrogant of you. Real Christian line of logic you have going on there bub.You can't even make a thread asking for tolerance and people to lay off you without trying to ram your personal beliefs down other people's throats, precious, just precious.

[quote[Better to live with hope and die in hope than to live in hopelessness and die an equally hopeless death

Was this thread made to ask people to backoff? Or just another opportunity to ram you own way of life down other peoples throats?
edit on 4/12/2012 by RyanFromCan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by Sachyriel

Christians are one of the worlds most overbearing religions and it's only natural you'll get flak your way since not everyone is going to care about the minutiae of one sect or another.

Stop right there. All religious people of all faiths are over-bearing and self-righteous, Jesus didn't come to die so we could start the Christian version of Judaism. There is a big difference between the invisible body of Christ and organized religion. True Christianity is about an intimate personal relationship with God through Christ, not a list of rules.

Don't look at the Pharisees and miss Christ. Check my signature if you don't understand the difference between "religion" as it's practiced today in this age and true apostolic Christianity.

So this somehow gives you the right to ram your way of life down my throat, but God help me if I resist?

If your faith is a true personal relationship between you and Christ, maybe it should be kept that way?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
This is a conspiracy website and yet everyday there is another holy war. Isn't it quite exhausting? Why not focus on conspiracies and not each others beliefs? Just a thought.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

reply to post by blupblup

I've yet to see any Christians on this forum hate anyone....

(actually, I have seen one or two "hellfire and brimstone" types here, which is bordering on hate, but I think they say the things they do out of love)

You sure haven't stumbled across any of the threads looking at gay issues or transgendered issues then, or any that deal with Muslims, blacks, well, pretty well any thread that a Bible can be thrown at someone's head!

You sure you are talking about the right website?

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by RyanFromCan

You sure haven't stumbled across any of the threads looking at gay issues or transgendered issues then, or any that deal with Muslims, blacks, well, pretty well any thread that a Bible can be thrown at someone's head!

You sure you are talking about the right website?

Doesn't it amaze you that they truly can't see it?

They are so self-righteous - - - - all they "think" is they are being persecuted.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

The problem with too many Christians is that they are not actually Christian, they are only masquerading as Christians, because they think they can use it to beat their own ideals over other people. If someone disagrees, it gives them a tool to cry foul with. Real Christians "walk the walk", not just "talk the talk". I have a quiet laugh every time a "Christian" tries to "educate me" on the Bible, and when I resist, and use The Bible to refute their argument, or educate them on the "real" meaning of the quoted passage, in context, they get upset and say I am being unfair to Christians, r hating on Christians, or just don't understand and am going to hell.

I am not perfect, but I have learned in my own faith journey, that the most damaging thing in society, is "organized" religion, where you faith is handed to you in little doses, and you are not free to explore your faith and personal relationship with God. I love when people are asked if the are a Christian, and they reply with" I go to church", WOW, Really, I go to the hospital, but it doesn't make me a doctor. I stand in my garage garage, but it doesn't make me a car. Being a Christian is more than where you go on Sunday, it is how you live your life, the tolerance and love, not the judgment and bible thumping.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Wow oh wow. How many times does this have to be repeated. Just because I don't agree with you does not mean I hate you. I have tons of christian friends. My family is christian. I love them. We don't hate you, we just disagree with you. Same thing with Muslims and JW's and Mormons, etc. etc.

Anyway, isn't this good for you, to feel like you're being persecuted? Doesn't that get you some kind of an award in heaven? Shouldn't you be rejoicing instead of whining?

Have you ever thought that maybe the reason why there's a lot of disagreement with christians here is because the majority of religious people here ARE christian?
edit on 12-4-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
The last 6 months almost every topic gets infiltrated by so called Christians preaching there beliefs at people. It's odd, almost like an attack on rational discussion. You can't have a real discussion since everything just comes back to Christianity.

I really believe that over zealous, self righteous Christians are slowly destroying ATS and the country. They truly hate people and base beliefs on an incredibly contradictory book that exists to impede mankinds development.

I don't hate them, I just feel sorry for them...

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

It seems the OP is grasping at straws here. (many Christians are right now) What Christians do not realize, most do not hate them, the Christian person, for they are just an ignorant flock of sheep. The ones some of us blame, myself inclusive, is number one, the Romans who invented Christianity and made up all of the stories in the NT that the Church wants us to take at face value as ultimate truth, no matter what. Another thing some of us cannot stand is the Leadership of the Religion that decides what shall be the "official story line," and takes in the millions of dollars annually collected by the souls trying to buy a ticket to Heaven. Another thing I am dead set against is how one sect thinks the rest are satanists, while the other thinks the same thing about the first group.
Another thing I cannot stand is the constant labeling of everything and anything the Christian does not believe in, or know anything about, as a Demon. I have read in here that word maybe a thousands times in the last year. Christians throw that word around like a ball, blindly labeling everything Demonic.
Another thing I cannot stand is when you ask a Christian for proof, all they have is their book, a book most do not believe in. Never an original thought on anything, no, Bible quotes are the answer for everything.

So, want to stop people from confronting you when you attempt to save us all with your way? Easy. Keep your religion to yourself. Stop holding up your book every time you wish to prove a point. Stop applying a label to everything you don't like. It is terrible how some of you attack the dead Spirits of our loved ones, and call them demons and satans. Some of us are in contact with ET life, and they too take offense at being called religious names.

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
First off...I'm a Christian, second generation, as my parents became Christian a month before I was born. (ish)

Christianity is filled to the brim with fools.

It is one thing to be self-aknowlaged, and yet another to be a true Christian and follow the Way.

Therein lies the problem. "Christianity" is abundant with people who are just as confused and mislead as the rest of the world. We are called to delve into the Word of God, to follow a close relationship with Him, and yet the majority of Christians follow a wishy-washy exsistance void of learning the Truth.

Yes, we are called to tell people the Good News, and yes, we will be put down, martyred, abused, laughed at, so on and so forth. Its of no matter, our goal is in Heaven. 1 Cor 9:24, and also see Romans 6:16.

Does it matter if you are scoffed at for being a Believer? In the grand scale, no. Isiah, Jesus, Paul, Peter, John, they were all abused to the point of great suffering or death, and yet they continued their lives for the glory of the Creator.

Hate me. I don't care much. I'll keep my opinions obvious, I'll keep my morals high and my life be lead in a manner to show love for my God, my family, and my Church (Globally even).

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

really huh? i agree..

all this fire & hell crap from these Christians is way to much..

why would your God torture you in a burning hell from eternity after destroying Satan completely.. ?

makes no sense..

the fear mongering and Hate needs to be stopped by all Christians..

their books are not reliable & the old testament is a different religion still waiting for the Messiah..

they make no sense and spew hatred where ever they go..

you ever tried to be in one of their Churches? its a modern carnival .. complete with games toys & a band make up earrings you name it... its ok by them .. but forget it if its outside the Church..

oh straight to hell for everyone else..

and there's 30k registered different versions? no wonder their so full of hate when their own message is fractured onto thousands of pieces.. they hate each other so well what do you expect for the rest of us..

I agree..

STOP the Christian HATE!!

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
It is the only group now that can be persecuted nowadays......say something about the jews, muslims, blacks, asians etc and get lambasted.......cut down the Christian religion....no worries!!!

It's funny......Christianity preaches love and forgiveness......and everyone hates on it!! Sure there are those crazies who protest funerals and such.....but there are crazies everywhere....they do not define the belief system.

When Christians say repent or you are going to hell, that's not hate......it is information...and caring about your fellow man...God's rules are God's rules.....to sulk and whine about them do you no justice......for he created the world.....he is the author.....and if he doesn't like a page that was written he most certainly holds the right to tear out the page. How would you like it if you created a beautiful song......and the notes started doing there own thing and messing up the rhythm so it sounded like crap??? If you resonate the note that you were created to resonate.....you will live forever. Introduce discord.....and death awaits. Don't look at it like "If you do not believe in Jesus or do my will you will die"....look at it like "if you do my will and believe in Jesus you will live forever"

A lot of people out there don't want to believe, I know.....I used to be one of them! Lots of hate for religion.....but I realized that God/Jesus/Holy Spirit has nothing to do with religion......that's men's doing.....

I BELIEVE this to be the truth.......and if you don't......just take the preaching as friendly advice....like when your Mom tells you to not eat too much chocolate, or you will get sick. She's not hating on you....she just wants what's best for you and to be healthy and whole.

Don't bother asking me for proof of my God....because I have none.....save only what is in my heart

Peace and love to all.....God bless!!

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Vixen~

- Women's rights are under assault;

Everybody's rights are under assault and you say christians are to blame?
Women's rights have always been under assault (in the middle east).

- Distrust of muslims is increasing;

That's coming from USA government sponsored propaganda, not christians. (WOW)

- Gays are being denied the right to marry the person they love;

Who cares? Why would anyone in the right mind want to get married in the first place?
edit on 12-4-2012 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 12 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Once again I feel the need to post a post I have posted previously properly explaining Atheists;

Some atheists are well known and open about their non-belief, while others are more noncommittal. Kevin Bacon’s name graces many lists of celebrity atheists. Given the Six Degrees of Separation game, we wondered what would the Six Degrees of Freethinkers look like?

Further, when we think of the concept of atheism, many of us think of it as a phenomenon that describes a sense of lacking, or the absence of something. But seldom do we stop and think about what atheists do have, or what they do bring to the table as a group of self-described non-believers.With that in mind and whether you believe or not, consider the following list of 20 things we bet you didn’t know about atheists and atheism:

There are roughly 4.9 million declared atheists in the United States.

A 2010 survey found that those identifying as atheists or agnostics are on average more knowledgeable about religion than followers of major faiths.

A recent Washington Post article states that atheists are likely to outnumber Christians in England in 20 years.

Sociologist Phil Zuckerman analyzed previous social science research on secularity and non-belief and concluded that societal well-being is positively correlated with irreligion. His atheism-related findings state that compared to religious people, “atheists and secular people” are less nationalistic, prejudiced, anti-semetic, racist, dogmatic, ethnocentric, close-minded and authoritarian.

Zuckerman also found that in the US, in states with the highest percentages of atheists, the murder rate is lower than average; and that conversely, in the most religious US states, the murder rate is higher than average.

It’s not so much that atheists are adamant in their disbelief in a god. Instead, they believe that the burden of proof lies not on them to disprove the existence of God, but on the theist to provide a solid rationale for theism.

Although in Western culture atheists are often not religious in any way, many of them consider themselves spiritual.

Though it may sound like an oxymoron, Jewish atheism is practiced by atheists who are ethnically, or culturally, Jewish. Because Judaism encompasses ethnic and religious elements, the term doesn’t really imply any contradiction. Because Jewish law is based on matrilineal decent, even the most Orthodox Jewish authority would have to accept an atheist born to a Jewish mother as fully Jewish.

Atheism figures in many religious and spiritual beliefs within Jainism, Buddhism, Hinduism and Neopagan movements, such as Wicca.

In the 20th century, atheistic thought found recognition in a wide variety of other philosophies, such as existentialism, anarchism, Marxism, and feminism, and the general scientific rationalist movement, to name a few.

The prevailing myth is that atheists hate God; however, one cannot hate something that he/she does not believe exists.

According to atheism educator Austin Cline, a person who truly enjoys and appreciates his or her life will take pleasure in it and enjoy it, regardless of whether any sort of afterlife exists.

New Atheism is the name given to a movement among some early-21st-century atheist writers who advocated that “religion should not simply be tolerated but should be countered, criticized, and exposed by rational argument wherever its influence arises.”

Although the term atheism originated in 16th-century France, ideas that would be recognized today as atheistic are documented from the Vedic period in India and the classical antiquity.

One common myth about atheists is that “there are no atheists in foxholes.” The Military Association of Atheists and Freethinkers works to assist non-believers in the U.S. Army and promote awareness of atheists in foxholes. The idea that life-threatening circumstances magically convert atheists to theists is likely wishful thinking on the part of religious believers who have a hard time thinking of anything outside the context of their own religion.

The Oxford English dictionary defines atheism as the disbelief or denial of existence of a god.

The only religious group that’s growing in all 50 American states is “No Affiliation,” according to researchers, Daniel M. Abrams, Haley A. Yaple and Richard J. Wiener; and census data from 85 regions worldwide, show the same trend away from identification with faith. The Netherlands is already 40 % irreligious, Australia and the Czech Republic are both 60 % God-free.

The group American Atheists has erected controversial billboards—in Hebrew in Brooklyn, NY, and in Arabic in Paterson, NJ—that say: God “You know it’s a myth… and you have a choice.”

Atheist feminism is a movement that advocates the equality of the sexes. Atheist feminists believe that the majority of the religions are sexist and oppressive to women.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join