It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Are So Many People Debating About Gay Marriages? You've All Got It All Wrong!

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Please reread my post, I specifically included flowers that are both male and female. Hermaphrodites if you will. The bottom line is that both parts are needed for these flowers to reproduce. And like I have stated before, if you can show me a human that can reproduce on their own, I will discuss this further.

I have not quoted the bible, or used God for the purposes of this argument. But since you have, and claim to be a scholar who has indeed read the bible from front to back, how do you explain the passages in the bible that clearl say that homosexuality is not acceptable in God's eyes?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

It is unintelligent banter such as this, that ruins debates. Not only off topic, but complete prejudice, and hatred toward a group of people.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by BiggerPicture

It's only natural.... BS

I know - - - years ago I read this article written by a scientist about the "Stupidity of Mother Nature".

Wish I could find it. It was great.

I just have this funny picture in my head of the "nature police" coming to arrest you if you break the laws of nature. There must be a "nature jail" somewhere around here. Imagine a cell with all the law breakers sitting around together -- hermaphrodites, asexuals, homosexuals

Too funny. You just made my day.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Whine whine whine

If I ever say "You don't respect me or my opinion"

Please tell me to shut up.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by newsoul

I have not quoted the bible, or used God for the purposes of this argument. But since you have, and claim to be a scholar who has indeed read the bible from front to back, how do you explain the passages in the bible that clearl say that homosexuality is not acceptable in God's eyes?

The bible also has a talking donkey, evil performing deity, flat earth, a virgin giving birth, talking serpent, possessed pigs, flying chariot, fruit that gives knowledge, fruit that makes one live forever, etc etc....That same book?

edit on 5/4/12 by toochaos4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I'm just gonna offer this ATS thread up:

The Conspiracy To Twist Bible Verses To Suit Their Antigay Agenda - Romans 1:26-27,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Not all christians are bad... as an example, here's a pic from a story I read earlier today about the pope donating a 550 lb chocolate easter egg, adorned with his coat of arms, to charity.

USA Today article

Could someone remind me what easter was supposed to be about?

edit on 4/5/2012 by ~Vixen~ because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

It is unintelligent banter such as this, that ruins debates. Not only off topic, but complete prejudice, and hatred toward a group of people.

you win,, im rude = gays shouldn't marry..

what inside your head allows your to congratulate and justify yourself in recognizing that gay people are not equal/reasonable human? why do you think other people should not allow gay people from marrying each other? WHY??? not why you believe what you believe,, not anything about laws or anything.... why on this planet should some people be able to deny the right for two other people to get married?
edit on 5-4-2012 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

PLEASE TELL ME WHY??

you think its a game,,, you think god is on your side,,, you think you are righteous,,, you think you are doing good,,,,, none of those things are as real as the love two people have for each other who wish to get married,

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Lol yeah the gays (10% pop) and even asexuals(1% pop) and the rare hermaphrodites(?%) are a real THREAT to the 'sanctity" of MARRIAGE and to society, the whole wide world, not all the excess TESTOSTERONE, hate, and Carbon Footprints.

And Christians,Jews,Muslims dwelling on the 'sin' of homosexuality... to distance themselves from their own sin of fornication - who are they kidding? LOL so transparent! the oldest 'trick' in 'book'. Sheesh they give religion and God such a bad rap.

Yall crack me up!

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by toochaos4u

I was responding to reitze, I am not sure why that doesn't show on my post. He was discussing the bible, I have not up to that point even mentioned the bible in this debate.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by newsoul

if the bible is a source of your programming and there for output, it is relevant.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Vixen~

Life - Birth (eggs) - Crops . . .

Oh - you mean what Christians think Easter is.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi

what inside your head allows your to congratulate and justify yourself in recognizing that gay people are not equal/reasonable human? why do you think other people should not allow gay people from marrying each other? WHY??? not why you believe what you believe,, not anything about laws or anything.... why on this planet should some people be able to deny the right for two other people to get married?

PLEASE TELL ME WHY??

you think its a game,,, you think god is on your side,,, you think you are righteous,,, you think you are doing good,,,,, none of those things are as real as the love two people have for each other who wish to get married,

I agree, you are rude. I have repeatedly explained why I feel homosexual marriage should not be considered appropriate. If you care to know the answer, you will need to reread my posts. I haven't mentioned God in this debate, but you certainly keep bringing him up. God seems to be on your mind, maybe there is something you should speak to him about.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

It's different for all of us...

I love easter because surplus chocolate bunnies are often 50-75% off the day after.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

It's different for all of us...

I love easter because surplus chocolate bunnies are often 50-75% off the day after.

Hey Now! Can't think of a better reason.

But - - as Christmas is stolen - - so be Easter. I mean seriously. Who ever heard of a bunny laying eggs.

Her name was derived from the ancient word for spring: "eastre." Similar Goddesses were known by other names in ancient cultures around the Mediterranean, and were celebrated in the springtime. www.religioustolerance.org...

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

PLEASE TELL ME WHY??

I agree, you are rude. I have repeatedly explained why I feel homosexual marriage should not be considered appropriate. If you care to know the answer, you will need to reread my posts. I haven't mentioned God in this debate, but you certainly keep bringing him up. God seems to be on your mind, maybe there is something you should speak to him about.

what do you think i should speak to him about( im guessing its because you think im gay, and god hates gays)? you know nothing about me,, I know your views on the matter,,, my views are... why should a group of people be aloud to make their views law,, when their views and this law, is not allowing a group of people to do something they want to do which has no effect on anyone else at all? you are not defeating gayness, or lowering their numbers or anything,,,, lawful marriage is a carrot on a stick,, or a cookie jar,, and you are simply smugly keeping it away from them gloating in your saintly perfection,,, in my earlier post this is what i meant with the power,,, and its a game,, because you have the law on your side,,, if gay people were aloud to marry each other tomorrow there would be no change.... you would notice no effect at all!!! you wouldnt,,, gay people would get what they would want finally,, they would be happy, gay with gay, and you wouldnt notice a thing,, unless you view it as a game/battle, then you would feel defeat.

also you know nothing of god... you dont even know all the things you dont know

ohh and when i say you, referring to you having power over the law.... the "you" i mean,, is a you the people who think like you who made the law in the first place and dont change it,,, to me this isnt a debate about your opinions and your beliefs,, im not debating you what is objectively right or wrong about gaydom,,, im arguing against the people throughout history past present and future who make it a law, that gay people cant marry each other,,,,

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

reply to post by newsoul

if the bible is a source of your programming and there for output, it is relevant.

Hey! Yeah! Snap to it!

I don't think you are being respected

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I find the irony in this thread incomprehensible.

I have not ridiculed, mocked, belittled, or scorned a single person in this thread. I have not used religion to argue my point. I have not been reduced to name calling.

Everyone has told me they want love. That is all any of you want, is love. The right to be able to marry the love of your life.

Tolerance, you all want tolerance. You want to be treated equally. You want what is fair.

I am obviously the minority in this thread. Not many posters agree with my beliefs. And that is fine with me, I am only sharing my opinion and why I feel the way that I do.

I have NOT been treated kindly. I have NOT been shown tolerance. I am not getting an overwhelming feeling of LOVE. I have NOT been treated fairly, my beliefs have been ridiculed and mocked. I have been belittled by people questioning my parenting abilities. I have been called names. Many, many names. If I were to stoop to your level, would it be a hate crime?? Is that fair?

It's ironic to me that the ones who want all of these things, can't show these things to another person. Most of you claim to be all about love, and all that has come out of your mouths is hate toward anyone that doesn't share your beliefs.

I am not claiming to be the victim, I just think that if you really want tolerance and love and fairness and understanding, maybe you should try to give it.

Everyone has different beliefs, everyone will never agree 100% of the time, everyone is different. Every SINGLE person is unique. We don't have to agree with each other, but in order to co-exist I do think that a level of respect has to be achieved.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by newsoul

your making this personal,,, this isnt a personal thing, its a historical thing including millions of people, we are not trying to change your mind or opinion,, you can think whatever you want,, but it shouldnt be made law, that effects other people who live in this society with you,,

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

I can assure you that my opinion did not create any laws

And my opinion alone will not change any laws. I'm sure you are well aware that this country doesn't work that way.

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join