It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Why Are So Many People Debating About Gay Marriages? You've All Got It All Wrong!

page: 24
23
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by toochaos4u
 


Yes you are right, insurance fraud happens all the time. And I believe that your argument is valid in that case.

However, if a disabled person has never worked or paid social security, their monthly wage is barely enough to live on. Add in the costs of medicines and living expenses and they would surely be well below the poverty level. So, in order for the mother to make sure that her son is provided for, the logical thing to do would be to marry him. And since all she wants is to make sure that he is provided for for the rest of his life, why should she be denied that right. If one group of people can get concessions, why can't another?




posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by newsoul
I have already said that I am not the victim, I don't want to be portrayed as the victim in this thread.


How could you possibly be a victim in this thread when this thread has nothing to do with you except for your decision to weigh an opinion?

Do you have any idea what it's like to grow up feeling hated and then having to deal with people like you in adulthood? This goes for anyone who shares your views - however tolerant you consider yourself to be. I don't care anymore if you're a complete bigot or only a tad intolerant.

It's people like you who drive gay teenagers to kill themselves because they think there's something wrong with them.










edit on 6-4-2012 by Garfee because: because why not




posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Garfee
 


That's a little harsh mate. And if I were you I would definitely care in the difference between a little intolerance and outright bigotry. Those showing a little intolerance can still be reasoned with and persuaded by life experiences.



posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I'm sick and tired of homosexuals thinking that they are the only victims of being bullied. I've got news for them, they are not. Bullies will use any reason they can to put people down and harass people, and children of all types get bullied, not just homosexuals. In all schools there will always be a few who are bullied, and its usually those who aren't popular and don't fit in in some way shape or form. You can be a Native American, or a Christian, or a pagan, or a black person, or a white person, or a computer geek or a comic book nerd, or a person who has a funny name or a person who wears glasses and looks funny. It doesn't take much.

And the bullying occurs for a reason: that reason is fear of people who are different than them. Humans are xenophobic in nature, that means that anything different than them is to be feared because it must be a threat and therefore destroyed so we must all be the same. Most people can't handle uniqueness, and this world won't tolerate it.

It doesn't have to be that way, of course, but it is that way. Humans are just idiots overall.

As far as I go, I'm against bullying period. Especially in schools. Bullying of children, all children not just homosexuals, should never be tolerated. Our children deserve to have a safe environment where they can learn and have an education, and not have to worry about conforming to peer pressure.



posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
reply to post by Garfee
 


That's a little harsh mate. And if I were you I would definitely care in the difference between a little intolerance and outright bigotry. Those showing a little intolerance can still be reasoned with and persuaded by life experiences.


I know where you're coming from but you wouldn't think it harsh of me if you knew the beautiful lives I've seen taken due to how society made them feel, for something they hadn't a choice in.

It is no stretch to say that the words you choose to use on his very site may impact a young life in this way.

I would hope that those who are only slightly intolerant - we all are of something or other - would think twice about selecting this particular subject to be so loudly negative about, no matter how noble they think the logic or how interesting the debate.

There is a reason I am angry and why this fight will be won.



posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
I'm sick and tired of homosexuals thinking that they are the only victims of being bullied.


Seems to me - - you are the only one thinking this.



posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Garfee

Originally posted by newsoul
I have already said that I am not the victim, I don't want to be portrayed as the victim in this thread.


How could you possibly be a victim in this thread when this thread has nothing to do with you except for your decision to weigh an opinion?

Do you have any idea what it's like to grow up feeling hated and then having to deal with people like you in adulthood? This goes for anyone who shares your views - however tolerant you consider yourself to be. I don't care anymore if you're a complete bigot or only a tad intolerant.

It's people like you who drive gay teenagers to kill themselves because they think there's something wrong with them.

edit on 6-4-2012 by Garfee because: because why not




People keep saying that I want to be percieved as the victim and a martyr, I'm just trying to clear things up. I don't want to be seen as the victim. I simply want to be treated with respect. And TOLERANCE. I do not agree with your views on homosexuality, and yet I have maintained a level of respect for each member in this
thread.

If simply having someone disagree you is enough to make someone kill themselves, according to your logic, I should have off'ed myself at the beginning of this thread. Don't misunderstand me, I am not trying to make light of that, I am simply trying to demonstrate that choosing death over being disagreed with is quite extreme and I am sure there must also be other underlying issues.


People like me? People like me who can show respect even in the face of an advesary? People like me who do not run around calling everybody who doesn't agree with them a bigot. People like me who can have an opinion and a belief and still not hate other people. Yes, I can clearly see why people like me would cause you so much strife.



posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone
 


Why do you think homosexuals think they're the only demographic to be bullied?



posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Garfee
 


Because the only time I hear about being bullied is when in involves homosexuals in some way. I never hear about anybody else committing suicide because they were bullied, only homosexuals. I'm sure there have been other people who did commit suicide because of other people bullying them, but I've never heard of it.



posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by newsoul
 





You have not read my posts.


Wrong again. I have.



I have not linked homosexuality to infanticide. I have said that animals eat their young, should humans also do that? That is not linking the two.


Umm your quote above is linking behaviors you don't approve of. You have linked them together as things you don't approve of in nature.



In order to keep a natural balance, the universe has male and female.


This argument was already answered. Male+Female is one of numerous reproductive methods. No one being better then another. It is not how the "Universe" keeps a nautral balance. Particles for instance are not male and female, they are positive, negative etc. in other words sexless.



I also said that if you can show me a human that can reproduce asexually, I will discuss that.


True. If we could though I bet you wouldn't like it (I assume you are against cloning?) Also I proposed how Homosexuality could be a normal and healthy survival strategy for our species. You didn't address that. However that is your choice.



I have never said that I wanted to control the laws of nature


Well I did engage in a bit of hyperbole there. You did say that it was your "feeling" that Homosexuality was was unnaturel and I responded that I am glad your "feelings" don't govern the laws of nature. Just a bit of speculation on my part that if you could control the laws of nature, there would be no Gays messing with your Male+Female balance of the universe world view. I will freely admit that I am just speculating and maybe you are just Punking all of us.



posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
reply to post by Garfee
 


Because the only time I hear about being bullied is when in involves homosexuals in some way. I never hear about anybody else committing suicide because they were bullied, only homosexuals. I'm sure there have been other people who did commit suicide because of other people bullying them, but I've never heard of it.




It may just be the media in the area in which you live.

People are bullied in the workplace all the time. Kids are bullied at school. Fat people get bullied. People with unusual features are bullied and this is all widely reported in the media where I live and bullying is very much frowned on to the point where it could ruin a career or tarnish someone for years.

I am happy to cite many, many examples of bullying victims who have killed themselves or you can do a quick search.



posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Tolerate intolerance of a minority group that simply wants Equal Rights?

Not a chance.



posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Garfee
I know where you're coming from but you wouldn't think it harsh of me if you knew the beautiful lives I've seen taken due to how society made them feel, for something they hadn't a choice in.

It is no stretch to say that the words you choose to use on his very site may impact a young life in this way.

I would hope that those who are only slightly intolerant - we all are of something or other - would think twice about selecting this particular subject to be so loudly negative about, no matter how noble they think the logic or how interesting the debate.

There is a reason I am angry and why this fight will be won.


I see from where you are coming and I am very sorry for the losses you have experienced. Do remember though that this is an internet forum where people will be discussing controversial topics that strike at the heart for some of us and that is why it is sometimes better not to participate if you are too emotionally driven by the issue - at least until the emotions have died down a bit. (I am not implying anything just making a suggestion based on my own experience.)



posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
reply to post by Garfee
 


Because the only time I hear about being bullied is when in involves homosexuals in some way. I never hear about anybody else committing suicide because they were bullied, only homosexuals. I'm sure there have been other people who did commit suicide because of other people bullying them, but I've never heard of it.



You didn't hear about the teenage girl who killed herself because of cyber bullying?

www.truecrimereport.com...



posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
reply to post by Garfee
 


Because the only time I hear about being bullied is when in involves homosexuals in some way. I never hear about anybody else committing suicide because they were bullied, only homosexuals. I'm sure there have been other people who did commit suicide because of other people bullying them, but I've never heard of it.



You didn't hear about the teenage girl who killed herself because of cyber bullying?

www.truecrimereport.com...


Or the boy with muscular dystrophy who killed himself because of bullying at school?

www.care2.com...



posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by newsoul
 


Because there is no need for incest. My uncle was on disability for being schizophrenic. He barely worked due to instability and made something like 300.00 per month for disability. His health care was free. His housing was based on income which was something like 75.00 per month for a one bedroom apartment. He had vouchers to get reduced electricity, water, food stamps and other food programs etc. By the time everything was paid he pocketed about 100.00 per month to buy a few sets of clothes or buy liquor so he and his buddy could sit on the balcony drinking and yell at hookers across the street from his apartment.






edit on 6/4/12 by toochaos4u because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/4/12 by toochaos4u because: dyslexia is bad today

edit on 6/4/12 by toochaos4u because: (no reason given)



posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by newsoul


So what you're saying is that if someone doesn't agree with YOUR view or beliefs they are wrong. You are saying that you are not prejudice, yet YOU are intolerant of my beliefs.


Hitler believed Jews were an inferior race, comparable to animals. Should we have been tolerant of his beliefs?



posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Garfee

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
reply to post by Garfee
 


Because the only time I hear about being bullied is when in involves homosexuals in some way. I never hear about anybody else committing suicide because they were bullied, only homosexuals. I'm sure there have been other people who did commit suicide because of other people bullying them, but I've never heard of it.



You didn't hear about the teenage girl who killed herself because of cyber bullying?

www.truecrimereport.com...


Or the boy with muscular dystrophy who killed himself because of bullying at school?

www.care2.com...


Yeah. But 5 gay teens killed themselves within a 2 week period.

That's why its in the news.



posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Helmkat
reply to post by newsoul
 





You have not read my posts.


Wrong again. I have.



I have not linked homosexuality to infanticide. I have said that animals eat their young, should humans also do that? That is not linking the two.


Umm your quote above is linking behaviors you don't approve of. You have linked them together as things you don't approve of in nature.



In order to keep a natural balance, the universe has male and female.


This argument was already answered. Male+Female is one of numerous reproductive methods. No one being better then another. It is not how the "Universe" keeps a nautral balance. Particles for instance are not male and female, they are positive, negative etc. in other words sexless.



I also said that if you can show me a human that can reproduce asexually, I will discuss that.


True. If we could though I bet you wouldn't like it (I assume you are against cloning?) Also I proposed how Homosexuality could be a normal and healthy survival strategy for our species. You didn't address that. However that is your choice.



I have never said that I wanted to control the laws of nature


Well I did engage in a bit of hyperbole there. You did say that it was your "feeling" that Homosexuality was was unnaturel and I responded that I am glad your "feelings" don't govern the laws of nature. Just a bit of speculation on my part that if you could control the laws of nature, there would be no Gays messing with your Male+Female balance of the universe world view. I will freely admit that I am just speculating and maybe you are just Punking all of us.


Ok. A poster pointed out to me, that my argument that homosexuality isn't following the natural laws of the universe is a flawed argument because animals engage in homosexual behavior. That is how the whole "animals do this" argument originated in this thread. I concurred and also added that animals also eat their young, so should humans do that too? Does that clear that up? I was only showing that just because animals do it, doesn't mean that it is right for humans to do it.

Male (+) Female (-) same thing.

Could it be a survival strategy for the human race? I wouldn't think so. The majority of homosexuals that I know had relationships with the other sex before they went to complete homosexual relations. Many, many of them have children. Some have procreated with the opposite sex just to have children. So I'm not sure if that is a valid arguement.

I'm sorry if I am way off topic. Just trying to clear some things up.














posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by Garfee

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
reply to post by Garfee
 


Because the only time I hear about being bullied is when in involves homosexuals in some way. I never hear about anybody else committing suicide because they were bullied, only homosexuals. I'm sure there have been other people who did commit suicide because of other people bullying them, but I've never heard of it.



You didn't hear about the teenage girl who killed herself because of cyber bullying?

www.truecrimereport.com...


Or the boy with muscular dystrophy who killed himself because of bullying at school?

www.care2.com...


Yeah. But 5 gay teens killed themselves within a 2 week period.

That's why its in the news.


Oh but Annee I'm just soooo sick and tired of the gays killing themselves, surely there must be another group we can push?



new topics

top topics



 
23
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

log in

join