It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Are So Many People Debating About Gay Marriages? You've All Got It All Wrong!

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by newsoul

yes but do you understand that your opinion is the law,,, not from you,, but the opinion you hold is the opinion of others including the law,,,, and that is the bs which we are arguing against?

we dont need to agree to understand each other,,,, i understand exactly what your saying,, i could have thought the same things,,,,, taking these issues seriously is nonsense,, this should not be an issue,, you and the people who hold your opinions and laws should not be able to disallow gay people from getting married,, it is some bizzare act of bullying,, i dont understand how they/you think they deserve this level of control/./

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by newsoul
I have not ridiculed, mocked, belittled, or scorned a single person in this thread.

WHAT?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Show me.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by newsoul

gay people

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

I don't understand your post.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by newsoul

It was in response to the posts above... who you belittle

why cant a gay person marry a gay person?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

I don't make laws personally so I'm not sure why you think that I do.

Giving my opinion in a respectful way on a subject is not belittling anyone. Calling people names, being hateful, that is belittling.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Giving my opinion in a respectful way on a subject is not belittling anyone. Calling people names, being hateful, that is belittling.

your opinion aligns with the current law... you agree with the law.... i cant believe the law exists and cannot understand why it does.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi
. . you and the people who hold your opinions and laws should not be able to disallow gay people from getting married,, it is some bizarre act of bullying, I don't understand how they/you think they deserve this level of control.

Yeah - - but we know which direction its going - - and who's going to win. Its not going to be tomorrow - - but it is going to be.

I have no use for the sanctimonious/self-righteous.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

I can't understand why half of the laws in our society exist, but I didn't make them I can assure you.

Yes, I do agree with the current law, because the definition of marriage is a union between a man and a woman. I do not believe that the definition should be changed.

I understand that you believe the opposite of what I believe. It is your "right" to disagree with me.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

reply to post by newsoul

gay people

Exactamundo!

Don't ya love it when someone is too blind to see?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Annee,

You know what I love? I love that you preach about peace and love and understanding and fairness and all things to do with human rights, but you are the last person on this thread who has demonstrated any of those things. You have asked that I leave you alone. I did. And still you bait me with your inuendos.

I have an opinion. A belief. It to me, is as important as your belief is to you. But you can't respect that. You can not agree to disagree. You have to use hatred and meanness to beat your beliefs home. I will not come down to your level. I told you at the beginning of this thread that I don't hate people. I meant that. I do not hate people, even people who do not agree with me. You can call that self righteous if you want to, you can even call it sanctimonious. Those things are actually kind compared to what you have already called me.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

I can't understand why half of the laws in our society exist, but I didn't make them I can assure you.

Yes, I do agree with the current law, because the definition of marriage is a union between a man and a woman. I do not believe that the definition should be changed.

I understand that you believe the opposite of what I believe. It is your "right" to disagree with me.

i dont believe or care that much,, it is just a bizarre bullyish, control freak thing that people dont allow other people to marry each other...

F$#% definitions and words,,,, seriously,,, i cannot express without anger the ridiculousness of that argument,,,

well a while back it was decided that this word means this,,,, so now these people cant do this because it is not congruent to this word..... we tried to discuss the legal, medicinal, and monetery implications the idea and contract marriage has,,, that is what is important,,, forget the words and definitions, that is not important.. for someone so against gays, your the one that lives in fairy land,,,,, you do not want these people to be allowed to marry each other, because the happiest day of your life is a product of a traditional word and definition and if the gays marry "the they are ruining my life!!!!!!"

screw the deffinition and the words,,, can you not see the reality of these peoples lives are beyond semantics....

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by newsoul

i tried to make this point before but was edited because i was too mean.........

this is what your argument is like to me.......

Hitler: jewish people must go to the camps and chambers,,, i dont hate them,, but its the law,,, the definition and the written words in the speeches and documents clearly state that jewish people are the source of our problems,,,,
i will not stoop to a level as low to argue and change these words, definitions, ideas, or minds,, bashing the jews is a tradition that must be upheld,, it is our law and im not about to break it.. my opinion is that they are bad for society,,,

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by newsoul

Do NOT address me.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Hitler: Jewish people must go to the camps and chambers,,, I don't hate them,, but its the law,,, the definition and the written words in the speeches and documents clearly state that Jewish people are the source of our problems,,,,

Great Point!

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by newsoul

Except the original definition from the bible about marriage was an exchange. I work for dad, trade him a cow, goat, sheep and he gave me one or several of his daughters (I imagine nice looking or skilled women fetched a better price). A great deal of the early bible characters had many wives like Solomon pimping out 700 wives and 300 concubines (in house hookers). I will support traditional marriage if we go back to this because you were legally able to have Eunuchs (often gay men) for relationships as well. Having a bunch of wives was seen then as a status symbol like owning a bunch of homes or wearing lots of gold. I wouldn't mind having 30 extra people to help around the home.

I wouldn't mind marrying Annee up there because I like her red and blonde striped hair. It is divine girl. Where did you get that done?

edit on 5/4/12 by toochaos4u because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/4/12 by toochaos4u because: typo

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Telling people their sexuality - which that had no choice in - is wrong and unnatural is belittling.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Here's the deal:

1. Homosexuality exists in nature - almost every species on the planet has a certain percentage of homosexuality. Those homosexual animals were not killed by the rest of the herd, they were not kicked out of the herd - they are allowed to co-exist peacefully, thus natural law says homosexuality is perfectly acceptable in a certain percentage of a population. Humans who are homosexual are not going against the natural laws - they're going right along with them.

2. The concept of Marriage is NOT in nature. It is a man-made institution. We can make it whatever we want it to be, because we made it up in the first place. We're not breaking any existing natural "marriage" law by allowing gay marriage.

3. We don't dictate to people why they should be getting married. People get married for various reasons, some of which have nothing to do with procreating - it's no one's business what those reasons are. So if two homosexuals get married, what business is it of ours whether or not they can procreate?

4. No one has yet given me a sound, rational argument as to what effect gay marriage will have on the planet if it is legalized. Will it cause more divorce amongst heterosexual couples? Will it bring about more spousal abuse in heterosexual marriages? Will it cause all heterosexual couples to decide not to have children, thus making us extinct? What exactly is going to happen to us if gays are allowed to marry? The answer is ... Absolutely Nothing. It will not change anyone's life one iota. Not one. If it doesn't have any effect on the rest of us at all, and it would make gays who want to marry their partner very happy, what is the harm in it?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

You make the most sense but, all you said will be ignored. That is why I have a sign on my front lawn that says, "Visitors welcome but, leave Jesus in your car." That is how bad the south is.

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join