It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Are So Many People Debating About Gay Marriages? You've All Got It All Wrong!

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by newsoul

But everything on earth doesn't abide by the same laws. Sometimes animals have gay behavior.

You suggest we send them to a psychiatrist?

/cr6orxq

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Now before you complain... Wiki blablabla wiki serves as a good summary for the topic, you may go well ahead to try and research to debunk it, but wiki is as credible source as anything on the internet.

Don't give me that nature crap, I'd say its less common than in humans, but in humans there are additional factors such as previous sexual abuse etc.
edit on 5-4-2012 by kykweer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
So much for marriage issues starting with Gays.

Eugenic Laws Against Race Mixing

Paul Lombardo, University of Virginia Laws forbidding marriage between people of different races were common in America from the Colonial period through the middle of the 20th century. By 1915, twenty-eight states made marriages between "Negroes and white persons" invalid; six states included this prohibition in their constitutions.

Influential writers like Madison Grant, a leading eugenicist, warned that racial mixing was "a social and racial crime." He said that acceptance of racial intermarriage would lead America toward "racial suicide" and the eventual disappearance of white civilization.

To prevent further pollution of the country's collective "germ-plasm" and a subsequent contamination of the white race, eugenicists argued for even tighter restrictions against racial mixing. Their efforts focused on new legal definitions of who could qualify to receive a marriage license as a "white" person. www.eugenicsarchive.org...

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost

Originally posted by Helmkat
Animals engage in a multitude of behaviors. Compassion, Loyalty, Friendship, Generosity etc. etc. In Nature there is no good or bad behavior, there is only behavior. Human morality though takes behavior A and says "bad" and then says behavior B is "Good". However the truth of morality is that it is as mercurial as nature itself and is always changing.

You are correct.

However, as humans we have the ability to reason, which allows us to interpret behaviour as constructive or destructive to our development. Constructive behaviour usually leads to positive outcomes; destructive behaviour usually leads to negative outcomes. Therefore, it is in our best interest to take part in behaviour that results in positive outcomes and avoid taking part in behaviour that results in negative outcomes.

Many people who oppose homosexuality do so on the grounds that it is a form of destructive behaviour. Consequently, officiating marriage between two people of the same sex (Gay Marriage) is seen as the State's endorsement of destructive behaviour and this is why some people oppose it. People have the right and freedom to take part in destructive behaviour if they choose, but should the State sanction such behaviour?

People can "believe" as they choose but when the "grounds" that the behavior is "destructive" is false? Well then, that is an entriely different matter.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Mother Nature's Fault Lyrics

the master of deception woke the devil and then set him free she turned from an ocean to an ogre and selected me i can't help but stay away when you're so damn evil i don't care at all assuming that it's mother nature's fault it's funny how a part of me ceases to be i waited all summer just to see her leave www.metrolyrics.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by newsoul

Male and female only? and this is the state of the "Universe"? and its plain for everyone to see?

Know what I see?

Our tiny planet is a spec so small in the "Universe" as to be laughable.

It would appear to me you know very little about the Universe or even the tiny planet on which you live. For instance have you ever heard of asexual reproduction? Not unheard of even on our little world. Our planet is full of vast diversity and that is what makes it a little less boring place to live.

Lets not pidgeon hole what happens in the Universe (or even on Earth) by thinking what goes on here is the status quo for all other life.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helmkat
Our tiny planet is a spec so small in the "Universe" as to be laughable.

Yeah - - - that's why my "location" says: Standing on the Moon - - and my Avatar is about perspective.

"Am I looking in or am I looking out"

If you see Earth from Standing on the Moon - - you understand - - we are all the same - - human - - on the 3rd Rock from the Sun - - we should be working together - - not finding ways to separate ourselves.

Pale Blue Dot - - my favorite video: www.youtube.com...

edit on 5-4-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by kykweer

If you would go back and read the previous posts you would see that the subject of animal behavior has been covered ad nauseum. Animals eat their young, that does not mean that it is appropriate for humans to do so. Animals engage in cannibalism, that does not mean that it is appropriate for humans to do so.

Humans have the ability to reason, where animals live off of instincts. Do animals have a sense for what is right and what is wrong. Do humans?

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Helmkat

Do you have proof that life exists on other planets? I didn't think so. Obviously I was speaking about the "known universe".

Is asexual reproduction common? I would venture to say that it is quite rare. And when men and women can reproduce without outside influence I will have this conversation with you. Until then it is a moot point.

edit on 5-4-2012 by newsoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
WTF most of yous are STILL talking about animals instincts, instead of the social construct of other halves, soulmates, twin flames? bloody shame!

so Gays are disgusting obominations cause even in the animal world / nature, homosexuality only exists for "domination" LOL

On a similar note, lemme point out Humans evolved DISGUST. Most of my life, personally, growing up when I saw two men smooching in the street openly, there was sense of disgust. It not just being "right". I am glad I no longer feel that way, digust for fellow humans just because of their orientation.

Hmmm, innate DISGUST.

DISGUST with rotten food & feces - to avoid harmful bacteria, pathogens & disease.

DISGUST with incest & rape of young - to avoid inbreeding lethal recessives, nurture family, next generation, promote diverse gene pools.

DISGUST with unnatural behaviours - cheating, lying, stealing, abuse, violence, and apparently gay pairing, but not unfairness

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by newsoul
In nature there is male (+) and female (-). There are male and female mammals, birds, reptiles and insects. Charged particles work the same way. In magnetism, negative repels negative and positive repels positive. The male (+) prongs on your laptop, fit into a female (-) outlet. Flowers contain both male and female parts in order to reproduce. If you can not see that this universe was built by design, I can't help you.

I have tried very hard to remain civil and courteous to everyone in this thread. And I understand that each of you have your own opinions, and I respect that. But what I am saying isn't rocket science. This universe and all of it's parts were contrieved for balance. And now you will say, "how does granting homosexual marriage disturb the balance?" And I will say, "because it goes against the laws of nature."

Everyone is saying that the government or the state or whoever should not be involved with marriage. This was NOT an issue before homosexuals wanted to marry. It is only an issue now because marriage, is by definition, a union between a male and a female, and the state has thus far upheld that definition.

People think that the government has it's nose in places that it doesn't belong, and maybe it does. But I can guarantee you that if the government simply stepped aside and said "you can now do as you please", this country would crumble faster than a house made of cards. What would happen to all of the welfare recipients, the people on disability, the programs for underpriviledged children? People only seem to have a problem with government when they aren't getting THEIR way.

Nice try but you started with a falsehood. The "nature" of things in both animals AND particle physics INCLUDES hermaphrodites (both M/F parts, or +/- self-coupled charged), neuters (no parts, neutral charge). Of course they are minorities, just like gays and hermaphrodites are minorities among us --- and "the least among us" socially.

And as Jesus said, how you treat the least among us you treat me (loosely worded here).

I don't suggest you encourage anyone into gay marriage, and especially not into sex-questing. But exalting M/F as though its the only thing that exists is a LIE and its used to assault the least among us. And as a result of the DOMA, and assault by the majority, the whole institution of marriage is being damaged via the prejudice taught from pulpits of false teaching and control.

Like often said, the road to hell is paved with good intentions. As a Christian I obviously risk that with my own intentions advocating gay rights in opposition to so many "experts" on the subject while also saying I FEEL like they're lying and that reading the book with my own interpretations is more accurate. I think I'm right.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by reitze

Nice try but you started with a falsehood. The "nature" of things in both animals AND particle physics INCLUDES hermaphrodites (both M/F parts, or +/- self-coupled charged), neuters (no parts, neutral charge). Of course they are minorities, just like gays and hermaphrodites are minorities among us --- and "the least among us" socially.

And the nature of things is - - we are all basically mutations from the original (whatever that is).

Its all in how the "soup got stirred" in each persons genetic/chemical makeup.

Let's see - - Red Heads 1 to 2% of humans - Left Handed 15% of humans - Gays 10% of humans.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by newsoul
reply to post by Helmkat

Do you have proof that life exists on other planets? I didn't think so. Obviously I was speaking about the "known universe".

Is asexual reproduction common? I would venture to say that it is quite rare. And when men and women can reproduce without outside influence I will have this conversation with you. Until then it is a moot point.

edit on 5-4-2012 by newsoul because: (no reason given)

Nope, I don't have proof but then I have never seen a Whale shark with my own eyes and I know they exist.

Sooo, now that I have opened your eyes to the fact that there is reproduction beyond Male+Female you want to quantify as irrelevant because it isn't common.

Well again you show how little you know about the planet you live on. Asexual reproduction is -very-common in the animal and plant kingdoms.

Uncommon you say?

Ok so lets put that aside and narrow it down to your battlefield. Humans. Ok now I grant you that the foundation of Human reproduction is Male+Female. Sperm+Egg. Birds and the Bees.

Yet we both know that the act of sex for Humans is more then just "wham, bam, thank you Maam". We are complex animals with complex behaviors and complex strategies for survival of our very social species. Humans invest a HUGE amount of resources in raising our young. So is it not reasonable to think that amongst complex social animals that there might be an advantage to having a small portion of the population be non reproductive, yet still capable of loving and nurturing? Well yes indeed I can! its all so clear! If Mom and Dad get eaten by animal X or succumb to plague Y, Uncle Joe and Uncle Kenny or Maybe Aunt Betty and Aunt Jean can take us in!! They have lots of disposable income and they love us!

There are certainly enough Orphans in need on this planet to say there is some validity to this speculation...
edit on 5-4-2012 by Helmkat because: for clairty!

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruckDriver69
reply to post by technical difficulties

In other words you can't defend your position and you need to resort to ridicule and mockery.
You gays are so predictable in your effort to spread your religion of hate and intolerance but at the first sign of opposition you resort to primitive, (not childish) but primitive attacks to win what?

What an idiotic thing to say. I can defend my position-It's the people opposing gay marriage who can't defend their position. Gay Marriage breaks no one's leg nor picks anyone's pocket. Gays pay taxes like everyone else, and what they're doing is legal. Also, don't even bring up children or "family values", because there are married couple out there with no children, as well as some with adopted children. Also, marriage is a legal institution, so religion is irrelevant.

Also, way to project by accusing me of "hate and intolerance". And by saying that I can't defend my position. Come to think of it, your entire post is projection to be honest.
edit on 5-4-2012 by technical difficulties because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Yep i cant believe theres pages and pages of people talking as if PROCREATION is a qualifier for getting MARRIED.

LOL

Likewise all over the previous page, still seing this "God (or nature) made Adam & Eve, not Adam & Steve" Gospel plastered all over this thread in dozens of ways.

Excess, superfluous, reduntant filler preaching in light of the argument why AREN'T Gays allowed to marry but straights are. Given that Gays not be allowed marriage IS already the current state as has always been since America was wiped clean of some 10 million natives and colonized by more modern, "civilized', "religious" people.

Most people find comfort in going with the grain. Going against the grain is unnatural and unhuman, like wearing clothes and socials constructs - like marriage. lol

Then again, some people claim God and then his only son who was a Palestinian human, spoke to people and wrote a specific "prescription" for "marriage" as well as "sex".

It's only natural.... BS

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by BiggerPicture

It's only natural.... BS

I know - - - years ago I read this article written by a scientist about the "Stupidity of Mother Nature".

Wish I could find it. It was great.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

I suppose jobs/taxes have no benefit to the state? My business has moved to
another country and I laid off all my employees because It is better business
for me to move my family to another country. We are in that transition right
now of moving my immediate family to that other country. I think I heard the
phrase, "If you don't like it here leave!" so many times.
I finally took their advice one night and said, "OK" after finding that it would be
easier and more profitable for me to take that advice. Being a 3rd rate citizen of
the US is not going to work for me anymore.

edit on 5/4/12 by toochaos4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by BiggerPicture

It's only natural.... BS

I know - - - years ago I read this article written by a scientist about the "Stupidity of Mother Nature".

Wish I could find it. It was great.

I just have this funny picture in my head of the "nature police" coming to arrest you if you break the laws of nature. There must be a "nature jail" somewhere around here. Imagine a cell with all the law breakers sitting around together -- hermaphrodites, asexuals, homosexuals

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

I wouldnt joke around about that because the people you are arguing against believes this exists and they call it hell

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi

I wouldnt joke around about that because the people you are arguing against believes this exists and they call it hell

Yeah, hell has chubby policemen who like do-nuts.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

in hell everyone is a police man, and there are no donuts,, only the holes of do nuts.

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22  23 >>

join