It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time to take the gun from the American public!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

I know we are a small island but there are quite a few people here.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Unless all guns everywhere disappear all at the same time, then no.
I used feel very much like the OP and I still despise guns but, I don't trust this or any government enough to erase the second amendment.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
After reading this entire thread, all I can say is that our forefathers were very wise to leave England, since the OP is from UK and the ones that have the most anti-gun things to say in this thread. It is really nobody's business if we want to keep our guns in America especially if you dont even live here...

I think that instead of starting a thread about what we Americans should do, you should look in your own backyard and stay out of ours....

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by JonoEnglish

Yep, whats the population there?

Thats the amount that can be murdered in cold blood.

jpfo.org...

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

I used feel very much like the OP and I still despise guns but, I don't trust this or any government enough to erase the second amendment.

You're ok in my book then.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb

Yep, whats the population there?

Thats the amount that can be murdered in cold blood.

jpfo.org...

A meteor could wipe out the US, that probably wont happen but why bring up a scenario that is just as unrealistic?

We don't need guns in homes. If we did, we'd have them.

I'm not saying you should give yours up, just pointing out there are cultural differences on thia issue. (the fear of government is one.)

edit on 3-4-2012 by JonoEnglish because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SGTSECRET

Yeah buddy... the UN sure scares the crap out of me. Get a grip on yourself. Your fantasies are taking over your reality.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I swear. If its not another person pissing on the second amendment. Usually the reasoning to get rid of Guns is a knee jerk reaction to over reach. Its lazy to just blame Guns. I have never seen a gun get up,load itself,cock itself,and shoot someone. A human has to operate it. We have backround checks and all kinds of regulations. The guy who was shooting today was not in his right mind. I think someone is trolling the Gun owners a bit. Could someone not be able to own a weapon and is taking it out on others who can?No offense but it sounds like that could be the case.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by yuppa
I swear. If its not another person pissing on the second amendment. Usually the reasoning to get rid of Guns is a knee jerk reaction to over reach. Its lazy to just blame Guns. I have never seen a gun get up,load itself,cock itself,and shoot someone. A human has to operate it. We have backround checks and all kinds of regulations. The guy who was shooting today was not in his right mind. I think someone is trolling the Gun owners a bit. Could someone not be able to own a weapon and is taking it out on others who can?No offense but it sounds like that could be the case.

To be fair, we see reports in the media of these shootings. The question does pop up and will keep doing so, as to why you not only allow but want an armed society. It seems alien to us.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   

If all of you pro gun Americans grew up in the UK, most of you will probably be of the same opinion as most Brits regarding armed civilians and vice the versa for us.

It's what you're brought up with.

Here's the difference. If the armed jihadists invaded your country the UK would be done for.

If it happened in America we would feed our dogs jihad for breakfast.

And if I see anyone wearing a mask, I am shooting first and asking questions later.
I do not know what it is about the masks.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

I can honestly say that my most regrettable thing in life is not being able to own a firearm which resulted from a non violent offense.

The US society are completely at each others throats.

So lets blame the weapons instead of the people that are at each others throats. The people that are commiting these crimes are the one's to blame, not the tool they decided to use to enact their violence.

We are a society that thinks MMA, boxing, and other violence on TV is cool and accptable. It has even come down to people wanting to imulate these violent acts.

Violence is a part of human history that cannot be changed by taking away weapons. It just takes away a tool in which is pretty easy to use to enact a violent means to a conflict.

It really comes down to morals and education in a society that trys to be like the actors on TV, impress one's friends, or out of jealousy.

I feel that good education on moral standards would be the best way to start a true decline of gun violence.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Criminal gun owners don't care and will kill anyone who gets in their way.
Trained,responsible,licensed,gun owners can save lives and provide protection.
If gun control laws go into affect,who do you think will still have guns? Law abiding
citizens or the criminals? We all already know the answer to that one!

Then others should chill over us americans' having guns.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed

If all of you pro gun Americans grew up in the UK, most of you will probably be of the same opinion as most Brits regarding armed civilians and vice the versa for us.

It's what you're brought up with.

Here's the difference. If the armed jihadists invaded your country the UK would be done for.

If it happened in America we would feed our dogs jihad for breakfast.

And if I see anyone wearing a mask, I am shooting first and asking questions later.
I do not know what it is about the masks.

I bet you're fun on Halloween.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Considering my comment was made within the context of jihadists on our soil and attacking, your comment is irrelevant.
edit on 3-4-2012 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Considering my comment was made within the context of jihadists on our soil and attacking, your comment is irrelevant.

Not if they attack on Halloween it isn't.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
OVER MY DEAD BODY, BUDDY.

Read the Financial Tryanny and Drake "interviews". Supposedly a plan to allow a "foreign" army to invade the US was recently considered, but was rejected because of a 85% mortality rate given the number of private citizens owning guns. During WWII, the Emperor of Japan stated that the US could never be invaded as their would be an American behind every rock with a gun. Yes, some people may die because of this "freedom" due to crime, but rest assured its keeping many, many more alive.... and free.
edit on 3-4-2012 by VVV88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Hitler. Pol Pot. just a couple that come to mind that disarmed the citizenry. Anyone know of others offhand?

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   

No, no,no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no,no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no,no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no,no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no,no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no,no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no,no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no,no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no,no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no,no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no,no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no,no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no,no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no......

How's that for my answer to your thread? one word and more than a one sentence response,
Thank you, but you can try to pry my guns from my cold dead fingers..

nothing more to say,

Goodbye

edit on 3-4-2012 by AK907ICECOLD because: had a mis-spell on a NO, thx

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by JonoEnglish

Not if they attack on Halloween it isn't.

OMG!! I should not even bother dignifying this with a response.

Anyone dumb enough to be out trick or treating during a jihad attack deserves to get shot on principal alone, at least the parents. No, I am not saying it is ok to shoot little kids in any way shape or form, before you try to twist that too.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join