It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time to take the gun from the American public!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
Don't bring up Vietnam or Afghanistan because they were in foreign lands...where this time they would know their land.[
edit on 3-4-2012 by kerazeesicko because: I CAN

That's an interesting twist.

But if a foreign army isnt willing to do what it takes to wipe an enemy out of a god-forsaken desert or a god-forsaken jungle what makes you think they'd be willing to do what it takes to wipe an enemy out of a land they actually care about?

They can carpet bomb the US all they want. But what's the point of being the victor over a heap of rubble? It's their own land, right? So they can't just pack up and leave the mess for somebody else to clean up. And with all those now dead taxpayers whose going to foot the cost of rebuilding?
edit on 3-4-2012 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Guns are made for one thing...to kill. A vehicle is made for transportation.

And of course your assuming the person who is there to take your weapon is not well trained...the only person it ends bad for is...you....but live in la la la land.

Criminals have access to guns in America because they are everywhere...guess what...other countries with limited access are not controlled by criminals...people do not have to live in fear constantly. This is just a dream world that gun owners create in their heads.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

www.thescottishsun.co.uk...

It's a good thing the Scotts are disarmed!

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Atzil321

The international comparisons show conclusively that fewer gun owners per capita produce not only fewer murders by firearm, but fewer murders per capita over all.

You either misinterpreted the data, or you didn't do a valid "international" comparison. It's fairly easy:
The US is number one in gun ownership per capita, yet we are not even among the top 37 countries when it comes to murder rates per capita. I saw quite a few European countries in that list. How do you explain that? What else do you have?

See ya,
Milt
edit on 3-4-2012 by BenReclused because: Typo

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by 0zzymand0s

Yeah point out one or a few stories. because we know nothing like that ever happens in America...
Nothing ever happens to gun owners in America...

Guess what even gun owners are victims of violence...point is..it happens everywhere..with or without guns.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
My two cents on this issue....

If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words?

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson

"Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest."
-- Mahatma Gandhi

No kingdom can be secured otherwise than by arming the people. The possession of arms is the distinction between a freeman and a slave.

-- "Political Disquisitions", a British republican tract of 1774-1775

The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to permit the conquered Eastern peoples to have arms. History teaches that all conquerors who have allowed their subject races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by doing so.

-- Hitler, April 11 1942

Men trained in arms from their infancy, and animated by the love of liberty, will afford neither a cheap or easy conquest.

-- From the Declaration of the Continental Congress, July 1775.

False is the idea of utility that sacrifices a thousand real advantages for one imaginary or trifling inconvenience; that would take fire from men because it burns, and water because one may drown in it; that has no remedy for evils except destruction. The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws of such a nature. They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.

-- Cesare Beccaria, as quoted by Thomas Jefferson's Commonplace book
edit on 4/3/2012 by RedBeardRay because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedBeardRay

Can you erase a mistake if a gun goes off an kills a loved one?

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Carrying a gun increases risk of getting shot and killed

This is not news to me..but it is something gun owners refuse to acknowledge.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedBeardRay

Can you erase a mistake if a gun goes off an kills a loved one?

If you are following the very specific guidelines and rules of handling a firearm, a loved one will not get killed. There is no such thing as an accidental shooting, only a negligent one.
edit on 3-4-2012 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruckDriver69
reply to post by MrWendal

People always say that but I wonder. Look at what they did in N.O. and people just gave them up. If you were down there would you have fought to the death? Cops come to the door demanding your guns... You start blasting away when push comes to shove?

Well the people in New Orleans made some mistakes. They didnt search every home, they went door to door and asked. If you had a registered weapon, they knew in advance. If you didnt have a registered weapon, they did not know better. Many people who had guns taken admitted they had guns when asked.

As a kid there were certain things that were always pounded into my head. One of the was "never volunteer ANY information."

What would I had done in NO? Real simple. Deny deny deny. Anyone who knows me knows I have always said every gun owner should own at least 1 unregistered gun.

Plus I would recommend looking deeper into what happened in NO. The police did not get every gun. They got every registered gun and they disarmed a lot of citizens who would have only used a gun for protection. Criminals in NO actually were able to keep their guns. Even after the confiscation, crime was still out of control and remains that way to this day.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by GuidedKill

Home owners with firearms may not drop the crime rate but they will assist in the process one criminal at a time

It's interesting that you bring that up...
The UK has (per capita):
1) 133% more assaults than the US
2) 125% more rapes than the US
Source

Perhaps gun ownership in the UK would decrease those violent crimes.

See ya,
Milt
edit on 3-4-2012 by BenReclused because: Add Source

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by BenReclused

It's pretty sad, the revolution happened over 200 years ago and they should have left when they still had a chance.

The revolution never ended by any means, they are still saying that the constitution is illegal and that Americans have no right to bare arms.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Carrying a gun increases risk of getting shot and killed

This is not news to me..but it is something gun owners refuse to acknowledge.

WRONG...flat out wrong...everything you have posted in this thread is utter trash. There is absolutely NO logical or rational though process behind your accusation or statistical nonsense...

Gun owners acknowledge that "statistical crap" as a calculated and acceptable risk. We acknowledge that accidents can happen but we also acknowledge that not being able to defend ones self is the most irrisponsible thing one could do. That is not news to me...but apparenty it is something YOU refuse to acknowledge.

Look, if you don't want to own a gun thats all fine an dandy, you go ahead and live/die by your own ignorant choices...however I WILL NOT die by your ignorance...I will not die because you think you have "the violence problem solved" This is what it boils down to when someone tries to take my ability to protect myself...they are trying to force me to live by their arrogance and ignorance and that might just cost me and my family their lives. To which any person who values life will say "I...Don't...think...so..."

I own guns to make absolutely SURE I am the best prepared to survive any situation that puts me or my family in jeopordy, unfortunatley for your family you cannot say the same. You will rely on your "kung-fu" or whatever other crap you think is going to keep you safe...

If you wan't to live in a dream-world where no body would ever break into your house beat your silly arse and have their way with your wife right in front of your face...so be it, If you want to live in a dream world where all you have to do is dail 1-800-help and the above situation will be "avoided"...so be it, however I am not that naive and won't live by your inability to make an appropriate risk assesssment.

This is really what the heat is behind the gun ownership debate...when anyone talks of "banning them" you are directly taking their ability to effectively defend themselves away, and you are directly interfering with their ability to survive...

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

Hell fire, they shipped one of my ancestors off on the Mayflower almost 400 years ago, and they still won't leave us alone. Maybe they're mad because we "war mongers" were reluctant to enter World War II. Go figure...

See ya,
Milt

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

Actually I do live in that world. I am fully capable of defending myself and I am not useless without a weapon. I sleep peacefully knowing if there is danger I am fully prepared to act. It is you who lives in the dream world that if guns were taken from you...the criminals would control the world. Countries with limited access to guns do not live in constant fear that you gun owners live in.

It is your family I worry about...what shall you do if your ever caught without a gun?

Criminals are not in control in these countries.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Right now criminals do run the world.

And if I had to guess more than 75% of the worlds population is disarmed.

Do the math.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb

Right now criminals do run the world.

And if I had to guess more than 75% of the worlds population is disarmed.

Do the math.

Really...than a lot good your guns are doing than.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

reply to post by Sly1one

Actually I do live in that world. I am fully capable of defending myself and I am not useless without a weapon. I sleep peacefully knowing if there is danger I am fully prepared to act. It is you who lives in the dream world that if guns were taken from you...the criminals would control the world. Countries with limited access to guns do not live in constant fear that you gun owners live in.

It is your family I worry about...what shall you do if your ever caught without a gun?

Criminals are not in control in these countries.

Are you saying that you will bring a knife to a gun fight?

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimaererum
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

why now?

we are supposed be becoming more educated, more aware, more enlightened, more understanding, more compassionate, more intelligent, better people?

there is no future for a society where a person carries a weapon in his pocket that can end the life of another human (quite often a child or a relative) in the blink of an eye.

Wrong... no proof, statistical or otherwise... your opinion...

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Well they're doing just fine. And so is America. I know that I have them when I need them.

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join