It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time to take the gun from the American public!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

It has been said before, but I am going to say it again.

At the end of the day, it will be our guns that save every person on this planet.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Always bring up the second amendment...which was needed for that time...get out of the past people. I doubt your founding fathers would realize how dependent their people would be on weapons.

Turning their graves when they realize how much America would be weakened if you take their guns away.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed
reply to post by kerazeesicko

It has been said before, but I am going to say it again.

At the end of the day, it will be our guns that save every person on this planet.

Whew...if a world wide pandemic occurs it is good to know there are guns to protect us against the germs.

How about nuclear war...good thing the guns are here to shoot down the nukes.

How about natural disasters...no problem Americans have guns and will destroy the evil earth quakes. tsunamis or any other natural disaster.

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
Always bring up the second amendment...which was needed for that time...get out of the past people. I doubt your founding fathers would realize how dependent their people would be on weapons.

Turning their graves when they realize how much America would be weakened if you take their guns away.

Actually, you have that backwards. It is how dependent the American people are on the government.

Now that is what would make them roll over in their graves.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

Your heart may be in the right place, but it is a fantasy to imagine that anyone could ever disarm the American public. Frankly -- half the country distrusts the other half, so no legislation would ever reach 50% acceptance. Then there is a the matter of collecting the guns. Our armed forces (the most powerful in the world) couldn't disarm Iraq or Afghanistan over a decade. I see no reason to believe that a country roughly 40 times the size of those would be easier to disarm. A million UN peacekeepers? How would you get them here? It would take 14,000 of the biggest troop transport ships the world has ever seen to deliver that many soldiers to our shores, rendering such an invasion completely impossible in any conventional sense. You would need an entire FLEET of vastly superior ET to do it, and even then it would be a bloody mess.

Like I said: Your heart my be in the right place, but your belief system does not conform to reality.

Full disclosure: I personally do not own or keep guns. I was raised by a single mom in southern California during the 70's and 80's and never even held a gun until I was already in my late 20's. To be perfectly honest, they make me very uncomfortable. HOWEVER -- I have nothing but respect for law abiding folk who keep guns for legitimate purposes.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko

I also doubt that the law was made thinking "this is only for a little while". The second amendment like most other in the bill of rights were written with the future of their new country in mind. They wrote these laws using the lessons they learned from their fore fathers. These laws were made to keep the power with the people not the govt.

Being there is still govt I say the law is needed now more than ever.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Take the guns away and then the only guns out there belong to the 'bad guys.' Alcohol was taken away too remember, and the only people with it were the outlaws, same would happen with guns. I heard Hitler disarmed his citizens also...not positive just throwing that out there.

I'll keep mine.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0zzymand0s

It would take 14,000 of the biggest troop transport ships the world has ever seen to deliver that many soldiers to our shores, rendering such an invasion completely impossible in any conventional sense. You would need an entire FLEET of vastly superior ET to do it, and even then it would be a bloody mess.

Then in that scenario, the coasts would be flooded with citizens just waiting for the ships to unload. It would be another Normandy beach scenario. We would win, because there would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Meekbot2000

You must live in a large populous area near a coast.Studies have shown that living in a major city can cause madness,or you are under the age of 25 it which case you are still suffering from media programming.
I very much doubt you would enjoy seeing the United States populace mobilized against a federal force.The Federal Govt has Law enforcement and covert operators with a handful of contractors.The military wouldn't move on us.And remember we veteran's are well blooded and far better trained than the average line trooper who would be the only group who could be convinced to actually try .We like shooting and we are very proud of our skills.America exists because of guns and you speak english because we are good at fighting.
Nuts will always kill and until families are reconstructed across the board,you know ,where the Father stays when he gets a girl pregnant,kids will continue to grow up with the media as the parents.
Who's going shooting this weekend?

edit on 3-4-2012 by cavtrooper7 because: mispell

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

except for the helicopters and planes...better believe that if a fleet like that is coming so is air support. so no, citizens would have no chance.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed

Then in that scenario, the coasts would be flooded with citizens just waiting for the ships to unload. It would be another Normandy beach scenario. We would win, because there would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.

You are assuming that every single American would fight with you. Let us say there are millions of guns out there...any number..let us say 30 million..let us say that the gun owners each have multiple guns at least ten guns...that means that only 3, 000, 000 Americans have guns. Even less Americans the more one American has. How about a small group who stockpiles weapons...the numbers would shrink.

You do realize there are people out there who don't care for guns....so the numbers keep shrinking.

Your also assuming they would all organize in time...or efficiently.

Now your weapons will be going against aircraft, military ships and missiles...don't even say that American soldiers would not fire on their own...why not...if American people were willing to fire upon their own soldiers..then why can they have the same luxury.

Do you still think you would have fighting chance in hell. You can have a lot of guns...but they don't count for s**t if your out classed in weaponry, tactics and fire power. Don't bring up Vietnam or Afghanistan because they were in foreign lands...where this time they would know their land.[
edit on 3-4-2012 by kerazeesicko because: I CAN

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SGTSECRET
reply to post by Skewed

except for the helicopters and planes...better believe that if a fleet like that is coming so is air support. so no, citizens would have no chance.

I am not so sure about that...

Ever been to one of these?

Knob Creek Machine Gun Shoot

Kentucky has some firepower in the hills. It could be well worth the risk to do some preliminary recon to see what they may be up against. If they can make their way through some of this country.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SGTSECRET

What fleet? There is no portage that could support more then a dozen or so ships of this size at a time. The load-out (and our Navy men will correct me if I am off here) would take approximately 4-5 days for each ship. By the time you loaded 600 ships, you would need to re-port for fuel, food and other supplies.

The scenario I outlined was marked IMPOSSIBLE for a reason. No one could do it. Anyone could watch it being "done" via google maps (or any number of other services) and if the force in question wasn't specifically invited here by our own government, it would be nuked to the bottom of the sea by our military (fleet busting is one of the 3 principal reasons nuclear weapons were invented).

"Rounding up the guns" is a crazy liberal fantasy (and I am a crazy liberal -- mainly). It cannot be done in any conventional sense, and any emotional appeal towards doing so is akin to masturbation.

If you want to stop / reduce / mitigate spree-shooters, you need to examine root causes, and look to countries that have high gun ownership, and low gun violence for clues. There are lots of things we can do as a people to reduce spree-killing, but global disarmament of the American population is pure fantasy.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Nope.You wouldn't do it,pilots would definitely disobey that order.Drones are not that pervasive in the arsenal.
(I imagine you are having fun with soju,watch that stuff Sarge)And again the military loves the country and not the govt so good luck with surviving after giving that order.I would shoot a maniac if he tried that wouldn't you?

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

In 2009 there was around 33,800 deaths due to Automobile accidents, but yet we never hear anyone saying how we must give up cars.

No one ever suggest it because it is silly. Yet when it comes to guns, there is never a shortage of people who think we should give up our guns.

Fact is.. if you disarm the population the only people who would have guns are criminals. Even if you went door to door and confiscated every registered gun, you will quickly find out that most criminals do not have registered firearms.

Speaking only for myself, you will never take my gun from me. You can try, but it wont end well.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Just imagine Thousands of little Waco Texas encounters going down all over the USA.

There is not a snow ball chance in hell that the GOV will take away the peoples firearms.

If you just count the good ole' rednecks that's a good fight right there. Then you have ex military and ex law enforcement that will refuse to disarm. Even grandma down in New Orleans will hold her ground on her belief for personal protection.

IF you really think we live in a world that is all rainbows and unicorns you better stick your head back in the sand cause we live in a world where people prey on one another.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0zzymand0s

What fleet? There is no portage that could support more then a dozen or so ships of this size at a time. The load-out (and our Navy men will correct me if I am off here) would take approximately 4-5 days for each ship. By the time you loaded 600 ships, you would need to re-port for fuel, food and other supplies.

You are pretty accurate, but consider the operational readiness. Many of the ships are already loaded and ready. For the others they would probably load the ones they could at the pier and then the other ships would be reloaded at sea while in transit. Everything can be done at sea, fuel, food, supplies, whatever. The supply ships would be busier than a one legged man in a butt kicking contest. The US Navy is the only navy that could even possibly accomplish something anywhere near to this scale.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

There are people who are talking about firing on their own soldiers....you don't think that there are just about the same amount of people in the military who would fire upon their own citizens.

If your not worried about the military screwing over it's own citizens..the what is the big hoopla about NDAA...by people on ATS. The military and other organizations would be in charge of the detainment of American citizens.

It is beautiful dream world gun owners must live in...where just owning a gun makes them invincible...where they can take on entire military platoons..or not have to worry about them shooting back if fired upon.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by 0zzymand0s

What fleet? Scroll up, the fleet of 14000 that it would supposedly take to get the force here. It would be a UN operation...that the US is backing so no, it wouldn't be nuked before it got here, this is about some crazy sized force coming to help take the guns from the people, not an invading army taking over the US (same thing in my opinion).

I understand there is no fleet coming and the operation logistically could not work. My reply was simply to state that if something such as this were coming, the 'gun behind every blade of grass' to fight them at the beach would be ridiculous, this scenario would not go down without some type of aerial support.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

People always say that but I wonder. Look at what they did in N.O. and people just gave them up. If you were down there would you have fought to the death? Cops come to the door demanding your guns... You start blasting away when push comes to shove?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join