It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time to take the gun from the American public!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Oh, forgot to mention in my earlier post...

Allow me to present a quote from a well known criminal himself:

"Gun Control? It's the best thing you can do for crooks and gangsters. I want you to have nothing. If I'm a bad guy, I'm always gonna have a gun. Safety Locks? You will pull the trigger with a lock on, and I'll pull the trigger. We'll see who wins."

- Sammy "The Bull" Gravano

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by lacrimaererum

And just so you know.. why most Americans don't actually care about gun violence.. it's like a self propelled rodent control. Most people shot are criminals shot by criminals. It keeps the population of deadbeat idiots low. Sure every once in a while someone goes on a rampage shooting innocent people .. but the same effect could be yielded from a big ol' knife. And of course if people bothered carrying like they are permitted, most massacres would be stopped quickly.

most people shot are criminals shot by criminals. hmm

so you don't mind sending your kids off to school and your kids are wondering if someone at the school is gonna start shooting up everyone in class. kids heads over there must be seriously messed up.

what a screwed up society.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by GuidedKill

Anyone who doesn't meet force with force is a victim. I love my life and my family and am willing to fight for both. Most people would consider that pretty sane. On the other hand you choosing not to defend yourself must mean you want to die....I would call that crazy.....

I'll second that
Being from the UK were not allowed guns but if we were i would not think twice before shooting a burgler-intruder in my house
Though if i had an illegal gun and shot a burgler in my own home whilst defending my family i would end up in prison and the burgler would be handsomely compensated
That really sucks

Cran

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Gun control rants are hilarious. Do you gun haters actually stop to think that some people use them as a means of putting food on the table? You want them to throw rocks at a deer or and other animal to subdue it? One of the other reasons it might sound bad here in the U.S. is because we have thousands of news stations that generally misconstrue stories while other 3rd world countries have but a handful of news stations blaming the U.S. for everything wrong in the world.

Guns aren't the problem, the lack of them in the right hands is the problem. Wow that'd make a good quote, I'm sure somebodies said it before though. LoL
edit on 3-4-2012 by xvagrantx because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
its crazy and hitting close to home

lost 3 fam members this year already so far, all young folk

people are going CRAZY INSANE and yet they can stock up on pistols n shells like going for milk, at walmart

its great to have one in the house for self defense but our hoods are being shot up left and right, its like nothing now to hear gunshots all evening/nite every nite now..

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by cranspace

That's why Americans will never give back the guns. We already have them and it will be impossible to take them back. I wish you guys over in the UK had to same rights. Home owners with firearms may not drop the crime rate but they will assist in the process one criminal at a time......

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by xvagrantx
Gun control rants are hilarious. Do you gun haters actually stop to think that some people use them as a means of putting food on the table? You want them to throw rocks at a deer or and other animal to subdue it? One of the other reasons it might sound bad here in the U.S. is because we have thousands of news stations that generally misconstrue stories while other 3rd world countries have but a handful of news stations blaming the U.S. for everything wrong in the world.

Guns aren't the problem, the lack of them in the right hands is the problem. Wow that'd make a good quote, I'm sure somebodies said it before though. LoL
edit on 3-4-2012 by xvagrantx because: (no reason given)

My guns actually pay my bills. Taken them would be like taking a pen from a writer.

+9 more 
posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

Swiss males are required by law to have a personal assault rifle in their homes. So to say Europe as a whole is disarmed in simply not true. However, not surprisingly, violent crime is also virtually unknown in Switzerland.

That said, I do fear for OUR BROTHERS in England. If you ever have the need to resist tyranny, you will not have the machinery to do so.

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

I don't know what I find more disturbing. You wanting the american public disarmed or this.

Well did you ever think it might be time to change the constitution. Its 2012. Maybe its time for a new one?

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Where are you from? Just like to get perspective. I'm not willing to vote to change my constitution and I doubt I ever will be. Why? Why would I want to? It's a fact there are bad people out there and I have my right to protect myself from such.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Well our founding fathers must have thought it was important enough that they made it our 2nd Amendment, so that we could defend ourselves against foreign or domestic. If guns bother you don't buy one simple.

I believe our fore fathers would be very disappointed how the American government is today, but be even more disappointed the American people, not only sat by but watched it happen.

For this I'm going to buy 2 more guns lol

I will protect my family from people that think I should not be armed.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by METACOMET

The Swiss are a good example of sensible gun laws working, as are many of the Scandinavian countries. Those people seem to get along fine with very little gun crime or mass murder on a regular basis.. With the exception of what happened in Norway last year. Maybe there are deeper social problems within the U.S, particularly amongst young people..

Well our founding fathers must have thought it was important enough that they made it our 2nd Amendment, so that we could defend ourselves against foreign or domestic.
That was a very long time ago, and a very different world.... Can't you see that?
edit on 3-4-2012 by Atzil321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Atzil321

No doubt, but that will sort itself out when the gun hating liberals come and try to take our guns. Talk about a suicide mission.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321

The Swiss are a good example of sensible gun laws working, as are many of the Scandinavian countries. Those people seem to get along fine with very little gun crime or mass murder on a regular basis.. With the exception of what happened in Norway last year. Maybe there are deeper social problems within the U.S, particularly amongst young people..

Well our founding fathers must have thought it was important enough that they made it our 2nd Amendment, so that we could defend ourselves against foreign or domestic.
That was a very long time ago, and a very different world.... Can't you see that?

so you have moved from a stance of blaming gun ownership to a stance of saying that it isn't specifically gun ownership

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

]That was a very long time ago, and a very different world.... Can't you see that?

just because something was a long time ago does not make it redundant, some things are universal
edit on 3-4-2012 by blueorder because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
reply to post by Atzil321

No doubt, but that will sort itself out when the gun hating liberals come and try to take our guns. Talk about a suicide mission.

I suppose that is one way to rid yourself of your opposition. It could be awhile before someone brought the argument up again, until they remembered what happened last time and it would be dropped.
Perfectly legal too.

edit on 3-4-2012 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Just because many many years have passed it does not negate the issues and problems addressed in the constitution. It may have been different times but it is still very much the same world and social issues when it comes to govt and its people. These ideas are the very foundation of our country and removing the bill of rights would be equal to taking the ten commandments out of the bible. Just because it's an old idea doesn't make it obsolete.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Same ol' internet bravado..come and get it you dare..

Same ol' argument...if you take our guns only criminals have them...really...you know in Canada and other places where are guns are limited..gun violence is rare and usually big headlines in their area. Which mean that people having limited access to guns means so will the criminals.

You have access to guns...gun violence galore and rarely makes the headlines unless it was something really atrocious like school shootings or mass murder.By the way...how many school shootings happen in a year in countries with limited access to guns compared America...hell even a five year period?

The criminals have access to guns..because their everywhere in America...doesn't take a genius to realize that.
edit on 3-4-2012 by kerazeesicko because: I CAN

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Exactly my point

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by BiggerPicture

Is that a gun control issue or a cultural education issue? It seems to me if you took all the guns away the culture would still find a way to perpetuate the genocide? I agree something needs to be done about inner city crime but punishing the rest of us is not the answer IMO.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join