It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time to take the gun from the American public!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed

Originally posted by JonoEnglish

Originally posted by Skewed
reply to post by JonoEnglish

Considering my comment was made within the context of jihadists on our soil and attacking, your comment is irrelevant.
edit on 3-4-2012 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

Not if they attack on Halloween it isn't.

OMG!! I should not even bother dignifying this with a response.

Anyone dumb enough to be out trick or treating during a jihad attack deserves to get shot on principal alone, at least the parents. No, I am not saying it is ok to shoot little kids in any way shape or form, before you try to twist that too.
edit on 3-4-2012 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

Now calm down...
I enjoyed those comments. You shouldn't have left yourself so open.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

You can have mine. All you need to do is take it from me.

You moron.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Let me give you some numbers in Febraury Florida had over 50,000 people applying for a conceal weapon permit, and its getting higher and higher every month, there are a lot of people that have not applied to carry a weapon and have some guns on their homes, most gun owners have 2-3 guns, I have more than that and I plan to keep buying.

You want to see a real war? try to take our guns and you will see.

They can try to take my guns away .....once again they can TRY.

I need to be proactive taking care of my family.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Dont be foolish friend . . . Guns don't kill people, people kill people,

even if you strip all firearms from the american public, the same quantity of people would still be murdered with knives and shovels and such. The american public NEEDS firearms. The issue is not that a certain few own firearms and abuse them (murder people), but that not everyone owns a gun and is trained to be efficient with laws requiring them to be armed at all times in public. Good citizens wont murder, bad citizens will attempt it but'll be eliminated very quickly.

without an armed public the government would have the power to superimpose laws on us and enforce them with military strength if protested or rebelled against. To ban firearms is simply foolish, period.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

enjoy the camps when they come for you...

each death could have been prevented had those in the area been armed... take Virginia Tech, had those students been armed a lot more would have been alive,,,

each case you mentioned the results would have been different if the ones setting gun policies had decided the constitution does not matter... those students would be alive if not for those policies...

their blood is on the hands of those who decided to limit their constitutional rights and those who who support those limitations... makes them as guilty as the ones who pulled the trigger

Why do the ones who want to take away guns feel the need to tell another man how to live?

Well let me explain something the same reason I support gun rights is the same reason I support gay rights...

Cash industry and self determination

mostly the first one and a healthy dose of the second

both make a lot of money in the US and with proper leadership could provide the economy with a boost...

How about we go with a mandatory carrying law?

American gun manufacturing would experience a huge growth.. Hell even ex-cons be forced to carry

the need for cops would go down... might even lower taxes

Would could even be fair and make everyone who wants to NOT carry a gun pay for a license and wear a badge saying they are unarmed...

its only fair if you want to abandon your civil rights pay a fee for the right... make it about a thousand a year...

allow the insurance companies to raise you rates because you are a health risk... after all it sounds fair to me

even a recent news story would have been different if all parties were required to carry... then all claims of racism and biased would truly be gone...

God in her infinite wisdom made some men stronger and smarter then others

Mr.Colt truly made all men equal...

I approve of equality, do you not approve of equality????...

it would make everyone truly equal...

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Criminals do not obey gun laws. So basically you'll prevent law abiding citizens the opportunity to protect themselves. Brilliant! So because the rare exception make stupid decisions we'll make it so no one gets to make decisions.

Why do liberals always love to take the extreme rare exceptions to the rule and parade them around as if they are the definition of the rule?

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Gun Control: The idea that a woman lying dead in an alley, raped and then strangled with her own pantyhose is somehow morally superior to the live woman explaining to the police how her assailant got that bullet hole.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimaererum
2nd april 2012
7 shot Dead , 3 injured in Oakland
www.bbc.co.uk...

2nd april 2012
4 shot injured restuarant
www.hattiesburgamerican.com...|mostview

1st April 2012
2 Shot Dead, 12 shot injured miami
edition.cnn.com...

8th March 2012
2 shoot dead, 7 shot injured pittsburgh
www.cbsnews.com...

27th February 2012
3 shot dead , 2 shot wounded
www.foxnews.com...

22nd February 2012
5 shot dead, atlanta
edition.cnn.com...

29th January 2012
5 shot dead Birmingham, Ala
www.reuters.com...

This is only a few of the mass shootings over the last couple of months. Its not including the single shooting incidents or the huge amount of suicides carried out with guns. Its only the start of April and the bodies are piling up from gun crimes in the US. The US society is sick. It needs help. The gun needs to be taken off the american citizen. These statistics are only going to get worse. THe US like a lot of soceities are under serious pressure. Its people are angry, anxious, scared, struggling and unfortunately trigger happy. How many people in the US are at breaking point and are armed?

The only excuse that is wheeled out time and again is, 'its part of our constitution' or protect ourselves from the government. What a joke. The US society are completely at each others throats. The governments have nothing to worry about.

Well did you ever think it might be time to change the constitution. Its 2012. Maybe its time for a new one?

The population of America needs to be disarmed. You don't hear too much from the government because they seem to be content for the citizens to be killing each other.

The problem is , its like trying to get an alcoholic to stop drinking or a junkie off drugs. They are so addicted to their drink or drugs or weapon they are blind to the truth.

When a population is allowed to arm themselves with small weapons of death , and when there is so many guns in the population, doesn't the population become a weapon of mass destruction.

How do you convince a nation to grow up and realise its time to put down the guns?

Very good article i found here while looking around on this;
www.guardian.co.uk...

Agreed. The Trayton Martin killing would never had happened if guns were illegal in the US. Everyone is going nuts about racism and self defense, but that's not the really issue. Guns are!!!!

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by CantSay

Agreed. The Trayton Martin killing would never had happened if guns were illegal in the US. Everyone is going nuts about racism and self defense, but that's not the really issue. Guns are!!!!

Oh really?!?

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
Why do liberals always love to take the extreme rare exceptions to the rule and parade them around as if they are the definition of the rule?

I'm liberal and after seeing so many shootings, I'm thinking that if everyone had a weapon things like this wouldn't happen. In a perfect world, I would say no to guns but this world isn't perfect and criminals will get guns no matter how many regulations are made.

Now, I still need my liberal side to stand out a bit...what if guns had digital cameras that would take a picture every time a bullet gets fired?

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   

link   
Please see avatar, Hitler, Stalin, Mussilini, Mao, all fanatical world leaders who commited atrocities on mankind.

ALL DISARMED THE POPULACE FIRST. Great Idea meathead. I would say some other more vile things, but I'm trying to keep from being banned. Guns don't kill people, people kill people. When are you anti-gun folks gonna get it. It aint gonna happen. Not now, not next year, never gonna happen. Do you realise 7 out of 10 Americans own more than one gun.

Do the math. And while your at it, ask for the banning of pencils, because it's obvious pencils miss-spell words and not the person weilding it. My gun saved my life, & my wifes life. I have a thread about it read it, maybe then you'll get it. I doubt it, but at least it's a start. I took a life, or mine would have been taken. It's that simple.

If not for a gun, I would'nt be here trying to get you to understand my side. and from the reading of this thread, alot of other responsable gun owner agree. Would I use my 2nd Amendment rights again in defence of my person. Without hesitation...

edit on 3-4-2012 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-4-2012 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by CantSay

Sure, take people's guns away, but I guarantee you that people will get really good with samurai swords and cross bows! It is CRAZY people...not guns!

I vote we make water illegal since more people have drowned to death in the last few years than from guns.

Lets also outlaw cars since an exponentially higher amount of people have died from car accidents than guns. Where is your logic?

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
When every single thug and criminal in America has been totally disarmed FIRST,then I will consider disarming for the rest of the citizens....but we know the goal is to disarm the citizens do I won't agree with gun giving up...remember disarm all thugs and criminals(every single person that ever committed a crime)FIRST

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

Me too! Count me in on that sentiment too! I would like to see them try. I am certain I will get off a few good shots before they shoot me dead! I served in the USMC and am a rifleman to the core! I have been around guns since I was a small child and have an awesome amount of respect for them. Guns are no more dangerous than a hammer in the hands of one who respects the firearm! GOD BLESS THE 2nd AMENDMENT!

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Absolutely not, never.

Guns are part of the American social fabric. When they are gone, we will know America is gone.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Well, you make an interesting point with the OP and...rather than go off on some gun-happy American rant I think I'll look at this from a non-American perspective for a moment and say, yes...that list is rather incredible to read in isolation and from another nation.

In reality and as an American who has spent my whole life here..and part of that driving all over the lower 48 states for a living..I think I can say this with some real confidence. Guns aren't the problem. They never have been. For every shooting, I can show you a brutal beating or two or three. For every idiot with a gun, I can dig up another idiot with a knife..or maybe the occasional looney tune who uses his whole car as a weapon of mass murder.

The problem...in my humble opinion...isn't the weapon. It's the intent holding it. The Swiss are armed...to the TEETH..and with long rifles in their homes we can't even legally own in America. Are they shooting each other for amusement and every time an argument breaks out? Of course not.

The problem isn't the guns. The problem is a whole culture of violence and brutal overkill solutions to EVERY problem that comes along. Someone robs you? Shoot them.. Someone disses you? Beat them into mush. And so it goes..... Take the guns and it'll just be knife wounds from coast to coast.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by User8911

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

I'm liberal and after seeing so many shootings, I'm thinking that if everyone had a weapon things like this wouldn't happen. In a perfect world, I would say no to guns but this world isn't perfect and criminals will get guns no matter how many regulations are made.

Now, I still need my liberal side to stand out a bit...what if guns had digital cameras that would take a picture every time a bullet gets fired?

Sweden has the lowest crime rate in the world, every person over the age of 25 I think is required by the government to have a weapon in their homes. Or as my ex-cop dad always said:

"Crime always flows to the path of least resistance."

My 2 cents says this. When we teach kids they came from animals why get surprised when the grow up to act like them? When we teach kids that there isn't a God that they will answer to when they die they tend to not give a rats ass about their behavior if it will in some way benefit them in the here and now.

Do you realize what archaeologists don't find when excavating ancient Israeli sites and towns?

A: JAILS

No fear of God, no fear of doing things that have eternal consequences.

edit on 3-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
SANFORD, Fla. —
Two men were arrested in Sanford on attempted murder charges after trying to kill another man with a hammer, the Seminole County Sheriff's Office said on Monday.

Here

The victim didn't have a gun.

posted on Apr, 3 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by CantSay

The Trayton Martin killing would never had happened if guns were illegal in the US.

Well... if George Zimmerman were really the racist thug that many claim he is, he would likely have had an illegal gun anyway. Then again there's another possibility: If George didn't have a gun, Treyvon may have killed him by bashing his head against the sidewalk. That wouldn't have been newsworthy though, and we would have never heard about it.

See ya,
Milt

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join