It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time to take the gun from the American public!

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by TerribleTeam2
The funny, yet sad thing is, is that there are so many Internet Superheroes on here. So many "YEAH YEAH TRY COME TAKE MY GUNS! I'LL TAKE DOWN THE GOVERNMENT IF THEY TRY AND TAKE MY RIGHTS!!!" types, yet guess what, you're supposed freedoms and rights have already been taken. And I am willing to put good money down that if the Police/Military/Whoever came to take your weapons, you wouldn't do sh*t to stop them.

It's easy to talk tough when sitting behind a computer screen. Yet not once have a seen anyone actually step up and try take on the US Government, yet you all sit on here complaining how your rights and freedoms are being trampled all over.

As usual though, it's all talk, no action

Keep on keeping on, Internet Superheroes!!!!

That's not the point Real World Superhero, the point is when the government comes to take the guns away, the law-abiding citizens WILL turn their guns in, and who is left with guns at that point?

Government and criminals. Basically those words are synonyms. Criminals don't register their firearms, so who will be coming to confiscate their's?

edit on 4-4-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by TerribleTeam2

What I am getting at is that if everyone on the street had a weapon, would a criminal really want to point a gun at someone? And if so they wouldn't be a criminal for long. Eventually the undesirables will either weed themselves from the society or they will learn to not be so inclined to violence, either way it works.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by rcanem

What I am getting at is that if everyone on the street had a weapon, would a criminal really want to point a gun at someone? And if so they wouldn't be a criminal for long. Eventually the undesirables will either weed themselves from the society or they will learn to not be so inclined to violence, either way it works.

That's natural selection I can agree to!!!!

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ironclad
If this is so true, then shouldn't that also apply to Christians who revolve their lives around a book that was written over 2000 years ago..>

Because a lot of the people calling for these reforms are mainly christian group, who want guns out of peoples hands. They are being very contridictive by saying that a 230 year old proclimation should be voided, but will never give up their own bible, which is just as oudated...!!
edit on 4/4/2012 by Ironclad because: (no reason given)

organised religion does lead to a lot of bloodsheed also and i am not a fan of it.

but i guess thats another thread.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimaererum
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

why now?

we are supposed be becoming more educated, more aware, more enlightened, more understanding, more compassionate, more intelligent, better people?

there is no future for a society where a person carries a weapon in his pocket that can end the life of another human (quite often a child or a relative) in the blink of an eye.

We are supposed to be becoming more educated, more aware, more enlightened, more understanding, more compassionate, more intelligent, better people........ ok

more educated really, trivial fact genius's who know all manner of useless facts, but still couldn't tell you who the vice president is, or what NASA stands for?

more aware...... Could they even do their taxes by them selves correctly or explain the components of an atom.

more enlightened...... maybe knowing the difference between who Kim Kardashian and Snookie is..?

more understanding....... lets see, All Sharpton, Jessie Jackson, Rush Limbaugh and the Black Panthers come to mind.

more compassionate .....Hillary Clinton, George Bush and Cheney and ....oh the list goes on....

more intelligent ......that would be America's education system huh........... about 13 million illegal aliens...?

better people..... oh boy...... TSA, FBI, Congress, the last four presidents....

So, it depends how high you set the standards. I think these are the exact reason you need to be able to protect yourselves, along with the mexican cartels that are being allowed to do business here, the middle east immigrant 'cells' that are infiltrating out country, and plain crooked dirty politicians and their lackeys.

I'll tell you what..... it ain't never going to happen, you will cause a civil war sure as you try. And who would rely on, or trust our government to have our best interests at heart, rather a continuation of their exorbitantly paid careers ant it's continuation at all cost. Guns are the only deterrent to tyranny.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

little confused to be honest.

i am not sure if the purpose of posting a pic of our gun was supposed to make me mad. If it was I am afraid it didn't work.

when i saw the picture at first i found it pretty funny that felt the need to put up a pic of your weapon.

now you have posted it again. i'm guessing to make me even madder seeing as you even keep asking am I mad?

Well I am still not mad. Sorry. Your pics of your weapon will never make me mad. Just comes across as a little immature.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I have to say i see this as a troll post one hundred percent because you know Americans arent going to give up there guns ..SO this thread is just an attempt to start fights and get stars ..WAY TO GO ATS !!!!

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

This is the worst and dumbest idea i have ever heard on ATS. Upon first joining ATS i thought i was escaping the ridiculousness of the common public... guess i was wrong.

It doesn't matter if we put the strictest laws on guns possible, the bad guys would still get them.

Here is something that sounds more logical.
How about we make it mandatory to own and wield a gun at all times at the age of 16. Everyone one has a gun. Knowing that any individual will have to think twice before trying anything in public.

Guns don't kill, people do. Fix the people not the guns.
edit on 4-4-2012 by ugahm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Thing about this thread is the OP only focuses on the criminal end of guns and people who don't own them legally

All people who legally own firearms abide by the rules, and a select few are ruining things for the rest of us.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Outlawing guns is not the answer at all, im Australian and id like to say PLEASE DONT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE AS US, guns are illegal here but that still hasn't stopped any of the violence especially in Sydney and Melbourne where shootings seem to be on the rise now, it seems as if there is a shooting every weekend here, just last week a cafe that i used to go to got shot up in a drive bye, what im saying is that when you take the guns from the public your giving the cash and guns straight into the criminals hands as then only they may find them.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   

In a perfect world I could leave my doors unlocked too ...

Why don't you leave your house doors unlocked and car doors unlocked?

Maybe you don't because some other people just refuse to grow up?

Did you ever think that maybe your fantasy idealism about how the world should be isn't the way the world actually is?

I actually think part of growing up is learning that the world doesn't conform to your own little fantasies about what it should be ...

Maybe its time you grow up ...
edit on 4-4-2012 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Maccaron.Shakaron

Well said.

Once you give them up, you can't ever get them back again. This is true of guns and all our rights as well.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ugahm

This is the worst and dumbest idea i have ever heard on ATS. Upon first joining ATS i thought i was escaping the ridiculousness of the common public... guess i was wrong.

It doesn't matter if we put the strictest laws on guns possible, the bad guys would still get them.

Here is something that sounds more logical.
How about we make it mandatory to own and wield a gun at all times at the age of 16. Everyone one has a gun. Knowing that any individual will have to think twice before trying anything in public.

Guns don't kill people do. Fix the people not the guns.

If you'd been here for more than a few months you'd know for a fact "Deny Ignorance" is just a catchy phrase, it carries no bearing whatsoever around here.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Alfie1

Try and take the guns and you'll see the biggest militia you could dream of, about 200 million strong. All with the same mindset. Your are not going to take away our 2nd Amendment Rights. After the Patriot Act, it's about the last liberty we have left. Without the 2nd Amendment, we would have no rights at all.

When the people fear the Government it's tyranny. When the Government fears the people, that's LIberty.

I'll take Liberty each and every time. Even if I have to fight for it. This thread is more like a Gov shill taking a response poll. Sort of like Britian just did with the bogus gas shortage.
edit on 4-4-2012 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

So Jiffy...you think the solution is for everyone else in the workplace to be armed.

Are we going backward in this country or forward? They should call the 2 political parties Progressives and Regressive's. That's all it is...smart for 8 years and then stupid for 8 more.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Another thought, I was just reading on the MSM (main slime news) that in one of these shootings, that the gun man had issues with women. So does this mean if we ban guns, then by rule of thumb, we have to ban women! or put them on a background check and a three day cooling off period, and now a permt to bring the wife and/or girlfriend into public.... these are the annoying steps we take with firearms so if women cause him to do this WE MUST take precautions to keep America safe!

As you can tell sarcasm is not a bar in Toledo......

I really wish more people would carry SAFELY, take gun marksmen and saftey coarses, and respect each other.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by openyourmind1262
reply to post by Alfie1

Try and take the guns and you'll see the biggest militia you could dream of, about 200 million strong. All with the same mindset. Your are not going to take away our 2nd Amendment Rights. After the Patriot Act, it's about the last liberty we have left. Without the 2nd Amendment, we would have no rights at all.

When the people fear the Government it's tyranny. When the Government fears the people, that's LIberty.

I'll take Liberty each and every time. Even if I have to fight for it. This thread is more like a Gov shill taking a response poll. Sort of like Britian just did with the bogus gas shortage.
edit on 4-4-2012 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

Yeah big shot defenders of the Constitution...What a JOKE!
You have no LIBERTY.
You have no FREEDOM.
You have no PRIVACY
You are in some kind of a delusional dreamworld.

Even armed, you'll let them take the 4th Constitutional amendment completely away from you!
And any of the others from American citizens.... but not THAT SECOND!
Schools suck nowadays. They throw out science and gym and replace it with religion and militia training.

Tell the truth, that second is the only Constitutional Amendment they taught you how to read isn't it?

edit on 4-4-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by rcanem

Yeah, and who would be the one that goes to the house of the innocent bystander that gets shot and killed in the crossfire of the Gunfight at the OK Corral, to tell the family members "Sorry, your son/daughter/father/mother got killed because a couple of heros decided to have a gunfight in the middle of the street"??? You? I highly doubt it.

And as for your question, tell me, when the hell was the last time you actually stopped a criminal with a gun from commiting a crime???? I'm guessing a 5 letter word - begins with N, ends with EVER.

You, and the rest of the Pro-Gun community, are always spouting off "IT PROTECTS US FROM THE CRIMINALS AND STOPS CRIME!!!!!!" Well guess what, it doesn't stop crime, especially murders, and it doesn't protect you from the criminals. If a criminal wants to break into your home, with a gun, guess what - THEY WILL. Regardless of whether you have a gun or not. And unless you are up to the standard of doing room clearances like Delta, the Special Air Service, or any other Special Forces trained operative, I highly doubt you would be able to protect anyone in your house from being hurt during a home invasion.

I see on here Americans always asking why people don't like America, or Americans, and here is one reason - your macho, bull#, gung ho "I R HAVE GUNS, I R TOUGH GUY!!!!!!111111 NO ONE MESSES WITH ME!!!!" attitude.

But hey, I don't mind if you guys have guns, in all seriousness. You will end up wiping yourselves out, and the terrorists WILL win. If the terrorists were smart, they wouldn't even have to attack America, because America will bring itself to the brink of destruction, both financially, and physically, just like Rome did all those hundreds of years ago.

In the words of Team America - World Police - "America - F*CK YEAH!!!!"

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Come and try to take my Gun and you can add some more bodies to your statistics..srs...NO SRS... Come at me Brah

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join