It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time to take the gun from the American public!

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by TerribleTeam2

You get a gold star for that one reply at least.

I wouldn't put my foot in that mess, but at least I am not crazy.
edit on 4-4-2012 by Shark_Feeder because: Spelling...

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Agreed. On the plus side, it would give me an excuse to buy a really big screen TV

Stricter gun control laws will not cure the problem of random shootings. I'm an average law abiding citizen, yet I could, were I so inclined, procure a firearm in most cities in America, strictly illegal.

Like King Canute commanding the tides, laws controlling access to firearms are useless to the point of absurdity.
edit on 4/4/2012 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by METACOMET

Yes, because something that happened 237 years ago is extremely relevant to the here and now. There is a massive difference to what happened in 1775, and the here and now.

And rcanem, sorry for treading on the domain of Americans. Everyone knows that when it comes to spewing self righteous "propaganda" (read *crap), America takes the cake in that department.

edit on 4/4/2012 by dbates because: Edited to fix censor circumvention. Please Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
The title/ and point of this thread is incorrect:

Do not punish all for the acts of few. All are free to choose.

If you bring a problem to me - I WILL bring an equal or greater problem to YOU.

" You cant bubble wrap the world.... so stop trying!"
Thee AnderMan

ThatGuy45

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Like 911 was a inside job, so are these killlings..............TPTB when they want something, nothing will stop them.

It would take 3,000 pages to explain mass mind control and yes, I don't care who laughs at me or ridicules me - while there are sick, demented people out there, many of these killings were made possible courtesy of MK Ultra, the CIA and other covert, mind control operations.

TPTB want to persuade everyone to endorse confiscation of our guns.

No, I'm not giving up mine and I have learned how to shoot it (still going for regular training to keep in peak performance).

They want us unarmed.

Our government is inch by inch taking our freedoms away right out from under our noses.

Description of video:

The right to bear arms is our 2nd Amendment right.................each amendment, each freedom is being dismantled.

Once they take our guns away, the NWO will be able to be firmly set into place.

I use to be against guns.

I am against murder, capital punishment, war (terrorism on a bigger budget), abortion, etc.

But, if someone breaks down my door and I am a little old lady - I want to be able to defend myself.

The news propaganda is milking these murders (and some of these murders may have been arranged in instigated for again leading the people into allowing their guns to be confiscated.

David Icke says it straight up.

Create a PROBLEM
Nuture a REACTION
Give a SOLUTION

And that is the way TPTB have been manipulating us.

No, I am law abiding, I don't even have a ticket to my name and I have been driving for 42 years. I stop (a complete stop and look both ways) at each stop sign.

Occasionally I go slightly over the speed limit, (I have a lead foot and have to really keep track of my speed).

I do not steal, lie, cheat or bully - try to get along with everyone and follow all the "laws".

-------------- BUT ------------------

No, I will not give up my gun.

And I am a quiet, suburban, grandmother.

Once you hand over your gun - you have over your right to the 2nd Amendment.

The British want their guns back.

Systematically TPTB want to disarm us so they can more easily mow us down.

No, while I try to be a law abiding citizen, I will not hand over my gun, never - one day that gun may be the only thing standing between my family's safety and my family's death.

Our American Government is for Christ's sake selling guns to other governments and they want to take ours aways.................because they have plans for us.

link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

Well OP, I've said it before, and I'll say it again:

link   
Since you seem to have lots of time on your hands bringing up this crap...do a little research and check how many of those crimes were committed with legally bought and registered guns belonging to the person pulling the trigger and get back to us...here is a hint, expect extremely low percentages, which pretty much puts your case to rest. Those cases they got guns in another way, which means, even if they were "illegal" they would have gotten the guns still, but us tax paying dependable americans would be at their mercy, there is a reason why these shooting dont take place in gun friendly states as much as the others, they know they would get shot. These guys pick places decent citizens cant carry guns otherwise their plans dont go as they wished.

Real gun owners normally do NOT shoot people, if they do the other was asking for it and didnt count on the CCW to be ready and armed...sure you will find the few bad apples , always will have those in any group, but as a whole, your barking up the wrong tree.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Well with that 2nd Amendment, we can as a militia, restore all that has been taken. And I don't think 7 out of 10 Americans are wrong. What America needs right now is a mass deportation of folks just like you.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by TerribleTeam2

What happened 237 Years ago defines us as who we are. To forget the past is to forget where we come from. And I would say that it is as relevant today as it was back then, because as corrupt as our government is, I for one don't trust it to have my best intrest at heart. It is more concerned about protecting the intrests of lobbyist.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified

Well OP, I've said it before, and I'll say it again:

This is what I logged in to post. If you look back through history, all successful genocides were preceded with disarming the population.

Furthermore, gun control laws only ensure that criminals are the only people armed. Criminals don't follow the law, law abiding citizens do.

If you actually wanted to do some of your own research rather than simply posting your opinion, you would see study after study that shows us that gun bans increase crime rates, rather than lower them.

Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it.
edit on 4-4-2012 by djzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by WatchRider

Read the stars and weep Original Thread Poster, you are out-matched in brains and commonsense.
Now let this thread die like a dog in the gutter.

I have called for the stars and flags to be removed from this site in the past. It is ruining the site. If you know some way of removing all stars, flags and whatever else is there from my account please inform me. I do not weep over stars.

Out -matched by brains and commonsense? I suppose thats a matter of opinion.

The majority of posts consist of;

'from my cold dead hands'

'cars kill more people'

'if you take our guns only the criminals will have them'

'they government will never get us if we have guns'

oh yeah; forgot this gem too 'guns dont kill people, people kill people' (i'm guessing you are made recite that when you are buying your gun)

It doesn't amount to much. Then of course there is folk who could quote you pages of wise words from famous people. People we never met or never knew , yet somehow people think it is important to quote their wise words years and years after they left the planet.
edit on 4-4-2012 by lacrimaererum because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Seems like to you reasonable rational arguments as well as historical record, "doesn't amount to much." Enough said. Don't feed the trolls.
edit on 4-4-2012 by djzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
You can take the gun away but does that take away the murderous desire? No. Guns are merely a tool, a tool used for two purposes: protection and provision. Before guns, there were swords, before swords there was the bow and arrow, before the bow and arrow the were clubs, before clubs there was simply the use of teeth and fists.

Albeit, guns do make it easier to kill, however, guns are not the problem... its people. The banishment of guns would seem like a wise action but it would not solve the problem nor would it decrease the amount of deaths associated with malicious intent. It would simply make those who wish to murder seek out another method. The human mind is an uncanny thing, human will is almost irrepressible. Should someone become determined to murder, they need only use what they were born with.... mind and fist.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Then by your reasoning we should ban pencils because they misspell words.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I am just gonna quote something pertinent here.....
Its thanks to a prvious poster(who shall remain unidentified)

"The truth about homicide," senior reporter Jill Leovy says, "is that it is black men in their 20s, in their 30s, in their 40s. The way we guide money and policy in this country, we do not care about those people. It's not described as what's central to our homicide problem, and I wanted people to see that. I wanted people to see those lives and to see that that's our real homicide problem in America.

"The money needs to go to black male argument violence," she continues. "Anything else -- you're dealing with the margins of the problem, statistically, and it's not right."

"Homicide is not a mass syndrome in America," she says. "It's a concentrated group of people and that group of people is still horribly affected by homicide."

In 2007, L.A. County's murder rates were especially low. Even so, Leovy says, black men in their 20s were dying at rates of around 140 per 100,000 per year.

"As a middle-aged white lady, my death rate is probably 1 or 2 per 100,000 -- maximum," Leovy says. "These young men are dying at 140. They're in a war zone, and the rest of us are living in a different country."

"The real homicide problem is not the numbers that everybody focuses on, it's the disproportion

Heres the real essence of gun deaths in the US........Its still hung over from the Civil War days and before.....
Were not doing something right here, but it isnt the gun laws......
This demographic lives in Beruit, while the rest of the whole of cities live in small town USA.
Black Men between 18-30 are walking in a minefield 24/7 and the rest of us are pretty much not at risk at all...........!!!!!

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

2nd april 2012
7 shot Dead , 3 injured in Oakland

What the media wouldn't tell the public about this incident was, they were christians that were killed and at a christian college. Funny, how if a muslim gets killled the entire planet hears about it, but when several christians die, not one word is said about their beliefs, they just remain random people.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by djzombie

Agreed!

Unfortunately, there are people of the same mindset (and worse) as the OP sitting in Wash DC...

edit on 4/4/2012 by Klassified because: partial redaction. Needs resized

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimaererum

Originally posted by WatchRider

Read the stars and weep Original Thread Poster, you are out-matched in brains and commonsense.
Now let this thread die like a dog in the gutter.

I have called for the stars and flags to be removed from this site in the past. It is ruining the site. If you know some way of removing all stars, flags and whatever else is there from my account please inform me. I do not weep over stars.

Out -matched by brains and commonsense? I suppose thats a matter of opinion.

The majority of posts consist of;

'from my cold dead hands'

'cars kill more people'

'if you take our guns only the criminals will have them'

'they government will never get us if we have guns'

oh yeah; forgot this gem too 'guns dont kill people, people kill people' (i'm guessing you are made recite that when you are buying your gun)

It doesn't amount to much. Then of course there is folk who could quote you pages of wise words from famous people. People we never met or never knew , yet somehow people think it is important to quote their wise words years and years after they left the planet.
edit on 4-4-2012 by lacrimaererum because: (no reason given)

Do you know how many gun owners are in the U.S.? And do you know how many murders with legally owned guns take place in the U.S. per year? And from there can you do the math that shows 99% of gun owners don't murder people? So we should have our guns taken away to save the lives of that 1%, right? Because without guns people would be stomped about how to murder another person without a projectile weapon.

Do you know how many people die to weapons unrelated to guns every year worldwide? Should we banish the basic kitchen knife too to save lives? What about bats? Ban baseball? How far do we take this crap anyways? Bans on stuff never stops the flow of things. Matter of fact it's big business. I don't even need to mention the drug wars. But there was this little moment in American history in the early 20th century when basic alcohol was banned. We saw how that turned out.

Taking guns away from the public serves one purpose: Government security. And that's it.

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join