It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time to take the gun from the American public!

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by TerribleTeam2
The point, Phoenix, is that the right to bear arms was if the Government was overstepping the mark, and your everyday citizens could use their weapons to form a Militia and take control back from a Government that was out of control. It didn't give you the right to own weapons, then say "you know what, screw everyone else, and if anyone else tries taking my gun, i'll kill em!!!!" Which nearly everyone is saying on here..........

THIS!

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12MoonCats
..As pressure piles up and people become more stressed, more people will snap..everyday citizens, law abiding..snapping, snapping with guns. If the US economy collaspes, along with severe natural disasters,
desperate people do irrational crazy things, but of course YOU will say YOU wouldnt, " they" will. And you would shoot those crazies, kill them. Because they would harm you and yours..but now you just shot a human being, and you, the average human being, thinks your going to be able to keep your cool, pull yourself together, just in time to kill another fellow american whose desperate just like you.
200million americans with guns, snapping. Good luck America, God bless.
"..and I saw the land covered in blood...." its alright "said my mom.." it was just a bad dream".

this is a big reason for creating the thread.

its time to take action before its too late.

link   
If "they" would enforce the gun laws already on the books, the deranged killers and thugs would not be in a position to go on these killing sprees! We don't need new legislation or gun bans, we need common sense, initiative and true to form law enforcement as well as judicial and congressional oversight that reflects laws that are already in place to stop this from happening but do not get enforced. Until then the only way to protect ones self or family is to fight fire with fire so to speak!

link   
if your going to think like OP then you might as well ban peanuts. I take pride in my CCW(Concealed carry), i work and live in detroit, and a gun goes a long way. Ive never had to shoot anyone, the gun is a more of a equalizer to make people think twice about trying to fluff with me. With proper training and paperwork, guns can be safe. there will always be the wacko who goes and shoots up a school no matter what.you do. If anything they should make harsher penalty's for people who are found(I,E. arrested) with a loaded unregistered gun.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Noway am I going through 22 pages, but judging by the amount of responses, I am assuming that the OP is now schooled in reality.
Or he may regret taking that recent job:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Well they of course won't announce and then go house to house. They'll just say guns are illegal and give everyone a grace period to turn them in. Then as police go on false "drug/terrorist raids" they confiscate the guns.

They won't need to "pry them" from anyone's cold, dead fingers.

Plus...if you look at the demographics....

Baltimore shooting deaths. Then follow the link at the bottom to play around with the criteria. And look. It's not fun to point this out, but before trying to blame the wrong folks, which is typical of liberal arguments, look at the facts. And I'm not racist, only politically incorrect.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

In either the next election cycle or the one after it - it will be done.
You will see much stricter gun control. A better effort to keep weapons out of the hands of irresponsible people and those with criminal records already. That alone would solve many of these shootings. The trouble is a DEMOCRAT will not ever be the one to do it. It will be the GOP that does it and trust me these people will hand over the majority of their guns willingly. Those who always intended to be their own private underground militia will continue to do so. Be realistic, without a gun some of these people would never get laid.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by TerribleTeam2

What amazes me is that those who have never set foot in America, let alone walked a mile in our shoes can somehow deserve to be considered in our domestic issues...

I could start a massive needless thread about how useless the royal family in the UK is. About how much better their lives could be if they were to "remove" them from their exalted positions.

Then again it's really not my business what another country does on its own domestic soil!

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I work in emergency medicine and have seen countless gunshot victims, most of these have been gang/ criminal vs. criminal type shootings. The others mostly consist of victim vs. prepetrator in which IF the victim had a gun they might not have ended up in the E.R. I'm a single mother raising a son with out his father because of a drunk driver, if you ask me I would say alcohol in the worng hands is just a dangerous as a gun, also let's talk about texting and driving which kills ALOT more then gunshots do. The idea of taking guns away from the American public is ludicrous theres no way to ensure that you actully collected all of them and then you leave people no way to defend themselves against those you decided to keep thiers. I will not be giving mine up anytime soon thast for sure.

*plus what are you going to do once the zombies come??? lol

edit on 4-4-2012 by RN311 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Plus, I'm willing to bet that most of these high profile shootings are agent provocateurs and manchurian candidates. Look at how they're always patsies or that you never hear what they have to say. Most of the time, they get killed by cops pursuing them.

The shooting at the Ohio school involved not one, but two perpetrators. Yes. Two killers. All the kids in the school saw that, but the media and law enforcement puts out that there's one and they caught him. Oklahoma City had at least two perpetrators at that bombing. This is their MO. We need guns to protect ourselves from them. Not really from the criminals so much.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan
In Ireland we have very restrictive gun laws. There is still gun crime however.

0.61 per 100,000 population in 2006, and 0.41 in 2007

Source

The population is about 4.5 million so that would make about 23 deaths on average for a year. The OP is complaining about 52 in three months?

Multiplying the Irish figures to match the US population that would give 1687 approx murders with guns. Having restrictive gun laws does not make gun crime go away.

edit on 4/4/2012 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

It is a bit of a myth that there is very restrictive gun laws in Ireland. Huge numbers of homes in Ireland have now got guns. You are allowed own a gun once it is for hunting. So , during the booming monetary years when the country had some money everyone went out and bought guns 'for hunting' of course

There is an issue with drug gangs but they largely shoot each other. But there has been over the last couple of years a lot of incidence of familiy members shooting each other and especially guns being used in suicides. Gun's dont mix well in a country that likes to drink a lot.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
How diametrically opposed can you get?

The same people against abortion want guns.
The opposing group wants freedom to abort and gun control.

I may be going out on a limb here
but I don't think these two opposing groups
are ever going to see eye to eye.
There is no MIDDLE GROUND.

I also don't think they should have to live together
...so there should be zoning laws.
There should be gun free and abortion free zones.
That is the only solution.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by rcanem

What I am getting at is that if everyone on the street had a weapon, would a criminal really want to point a gun at someone? And if so they wouldn't be a criminal for long. Eventually the undesirables will either weed themselves from the society or they will learn to not be so inclined to violence, either way it works.

Yeah, and who would be the one that goes to the house of the innocent bystander that gets shot and killed in the crossfire of the Gunfight at the OK Corral, to tell the family members "Sorry, your son/daughter/father/mother got killed because a couple of heros decided to have a gunfight in the middle of the street"??? You? I highly doubt it.

And as for your question, tell me, when the hell was the last time you actually stopped a criminal with a gun from commiting a crime???? I'm guessing a 5 letter word - begins with N, ends with EVER.

You, and the rest of the Pro-Gun community, are always spouting off "IT PROTECTS US FROM THE CRIMINALS AND STOPS CRIME!!!!!!" Well guess what, it doesn't stop crime, especially murders, and it doesn't protect you from the criminals. If a criminal wants to break into your home, with a gun, guess what - THEY WILL. Regardless of whether you have a gun or not. And unless you are up to the standard of doing room clearances like Delta, the Special Air Service, or any other Special Forces trained operative, I highly doubt you would be able to protect anyone in your house from being hurt during a home invasion.

I see on here Americans always asking why people don't like America, or Americans, and here is one reason - your macho, bull#, gung ho "I R HAVE GUNS, I R TOUGH GUY!!!!!!111111 NO ONE MESSES WITH ME!!!!" attitude.

But hey, I don't mind if you guys have guns, in all seriousness. You will end up wiping yourselves out, and the terrorists WILL win. If the terrorists were smart, they wouldn't even have to attack America, because America will bring itself to the brink of destruction, both financially, and physically, just like Rome did all those hundreds of years ago.

In the words of Team America - World Police - "America - F*CK YEAH!!!!"

That's the most elementary response I have seen in a while. He expects people to take him seriously yet the scenario he present's has hardly reflects reality nor has it yet to happen that way. Guess he didn't see how the police in England handled the rioters who indiscriminately invaded public property handled it with their 'non-lethal' weapons.

In any case, the real argument is whether or not people should have the responsibility to their own life or not. And the only thing that comes to light from many anti-gun comments is that people can't be trusted to be responsible for themselves and 'SHOULD' become victimized given the opportunity that a violent crime does occur in that persons lifetime.

There's always collateral damage, with or without damage. In the case without guns, the biggest collateral damage is hearts of the victims whom they leave behind. I guess criminals are the only ones anti-gun advocates believe should act with caution and precision. At least they get to 'kill' their target.

edit on 4-4-2012 by GambitVII because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

I am willing to put good money down that if the Police/Military/Whoever came to take your weapons, you wouldn't do sh*t to stop them.

Having received Intelligence, that a Quantity of Ammunition, Provision, Artillery, Tents and small Arms, have been collected at Concord, for the Avowed Purpose of raising and supporting a Rebellion against His Majesty, you will March with the Corps of Grenadiers and Light Infantry, put under your Command, with utmost expedition and Secrecy to Concord, where you will seize and destroy all Artillery, Ammunition, Provisions, Tents, Small Arms, and all Military Stores whatever - Per Order of General Gage to Lt. Colonel F. Smith, of the Kings Troops

On the morning of April 19th, 1775, 900 British regular forces under the command of Lt. Col. Francis Smith were marching on the King's Highway towards Concord, Massachusetts, 17 miles away in the countryside. Their objective was to find and capture weapons and ammunition hidden by the rebel forces in Concord, as General Gage had issued a ban on private ownership of weapons and ammunition earlier in the week.

At seven o’clock in the morning the British reached their main objective, the tiny village of Concord. The Redcoats occupied the village center and proceeded to march a few hundred yards west to the Concord River, in an effort to seize the Old North Bridge. The British suspected the farm houses on the opposite side of the river to be harboring the arsenal of illegal rebel arms.

About 250 armed Mintutemen farmers gathered on Punkatasset hill above the Old North Bridge, about 300 yards away. Colonel Barrett gave the order to march in defense of Concord. These men resolved to march over the bridge into the middle of the village to defend their homes, or die in the attempt. These farmers, fisherman, woodsman; mostly fathers and their adolescent sons, marched down from the hill toward the bridge.

A child fifer in the lead bravely fluting “The White Cockade”.

The Americans seemed to drop from the clouds and we were totally surrounded with such an incessant fire as it is impossible to conceive. -British officer

As the British retreated, they were astonished to find 6,000 Minutemen from local villages had descended upon the outskirts of Concord. The Minutemen waited for the British until they reached Merriams Corner, where they sprung upon them. The British mission was a failure. The rebel leaders were safe and the AMERICANS had salvaged their cache of arms. The British crossed the Charles River to what they thought was the safety of Tory occupied Boston. However, they were wrong. Tens of thousands of American militiamen surrounded Boston and began what is now known as the "Siege of Boston" and the battle of Breeds Hill. Eventually the British had no choice but to retreat from Boston once and for all, by way of ship. Soon after Boston was liberated by the revolutionary forces, Washington began his Continental Army campaigns to the south, eventually winning the war outright in the years to come.

America was born because a dictator decided to take civilian arms. It can happen again. Never Forget

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Just to let you know I have 22 years experiance in the military, I have been taught to clear rooms the same as any other military/ paramilitary organization, it's part of the job. I have worked in fugitive recovery and I know how and when to use a gun. Before you go spewing your self righteous "propaganda" (read as b#ll sh*t) you should learn not to assume anything about the person you are talking to. You talk about Internet superheros, you come across as nothing but an armchair activist.
*end rant and discussion*

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwc273
Oooooo. Resorting to personal attacks, rather than logic. Who is lacking in intelligent thinking?
I do realize that our country is quickly becoming an open prison and I am merely an armed inmate. Hence the second line of my signature...

i am at a loss. What personal attack are you are talking about that has upset you? please elaborate. and then you go on to agree with the points i am raising?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheMatrixusesYou
Plus, I'm willing to bet that most of these high profile shootings are agent provocateurs and manchurian candidates. Look at how they're always patsies or that you never hear what they have to say. Most of the time, they get killed by cops pursuing them.

The shooting at the Ohio school involved not one, but two perpetrators. Yes. Two killers. All the kids in the school saw that, but the media and law enforcement puts out that there's one and they caught him. Oklahoma City had at least two perpetrators at that bombing. This is their MO. We need guns to protect ourselves from them. Not really from the criminals so much.

Before the free encouraged gun ownership movement hit the mainstream there were not so many shootings. Gun control advocates have never been against personal protection but against AUTOMATIC WEAPONS that can take out masses of people before John Law with his 45 can take him out.

By the NRA's logic we should all need automatic weapons to protect ourselves. The question will eventually not be DO YOU HAVE A GUN? But HOW MANY ROUNDS CAN YOU FIRE?

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shark_Feeder

What amazes me is that those who have never set foot in America, let alone walked a mile in our shoes can somehow deserve to be considered in our domestic issues...

I could start a massive needless thread about how useless the royal family in the UK is. About how much better their lives could be if they were to "remove" them from their exalted positions.

Then again it's really not my business what another country does on its own domestic soil!

If you were to create a thread about that, I would agree with you 1 million percent!!!!

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

Good idea.. take the guns away from law abiding citizens so these criminals will have nobody to fear. You do realize these people don't buy their guns from the store.. they get them from the black market. If you remove the legit guns all that is left is the illegal ones, in the hands of the bad guys.

Well thought out.

posted on Apr, 4 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Hmmmmmm. After reading through this thread, it seems like many think that all of the USA is one big city that we live in.

I live 14 miles in the country outside of a small town with less than 50,000 people. We own several rifles that are used for hunting and removing threats.

By threats I mean wild animals. I've personally have taken out several rattle snakes, which I would normally avoid and leave alone. But when they come to the house, I'm not left with much choice.
Wild dogs (especially the Pit Bulls). This has been a problem also. And no, I can't just lock myself in the house and ring up animal control for the county. I may be 10 acres away from my house in the woods trying to get work done. The dog would have me mauled, if not dead before I could take 10 steps. Animal control can take hours to get here also, as they have a lot on their hands as it is.

Hunting. This is a very good way for us to add meat to our table. Deer meat is delicious, and much better for you than beef. Technically we could hunt using weapons other than guns (bows, crossbows, etc), but not everyone is very proficient at those weapons. Several times I have had to put down a deer that had an arrow in it (not a pretty sight, and it breaks my heart to see an animal like that, struggling through the woods with a arrow wound that has started to rot. It's a slow, painful way for the creature to die).

Defending my home? Sure. But not like you think. Not a OK Corral Shoot Out. Instead in our community, we know that just about every home here has guns in it, and the people with those guns know and will use them.

Makes most criminals think twice about breaking into homes around here. Of course our dogs also may lend to that too!

Target practice: There is nothing like shooting a gun. I'll admit it's a lot of fun seeing just how well you can hit a target. Hell, I used to be on a dart team, and it's just like throwing darts.....only a lot louder and deadlier of course.
My wife is a crack shot with her pistol. First time I saw her shoot, I reminded myself to NEVER piss her off! Hehehehehe.

Would we use these against other human beings? Only if they offered us deadly force first.

But taking the guns away from us? No thanks. We use ours in a responsible manner.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join