It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Trayvon Martin Shooter Told Cops Teenager Went For His Gun

page: 14
20
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocAdama
reply to post by PotKettle
 


All you have to do is ask yourself this: Does Trayvon get shot if he does not ATTACK Zimmerman? The answer is no. Trayvon did more than that, he took the fight to the ground and tried to bash his head in. If the call is between getting KO'd by a vicious thug and risk death or shooting someone, anyone interested in self preservation will choose the later.


The real question to ask is..

Does anyone get shot if Zimmerman doesn't approach the unarmed minor?

The answer is no.




posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
So what happens if this goes to trial and George is found innocent?...

Will the nation blow up, again?


I doubt that will happen.

But I don't think he had any intention to harm - - so it is not murder.

There will probably still be riots if he does not get murder.



posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN
 


To be honest?

Most likely.



posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by PotKettle

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by PotKettle
For someone claiming to use logic your post does not not live up to your billing. Please explain using the facts of this case how you used logic to deduce that someone getting out of a car creates causes someone to "fear for his life." Also, please show me the Florida statute that states, "if you take law into your own hands and someone is seriously injured (or dead) because of your actions - - - you are in deep doo doo." Obviously, you a are a lawyer as your as vast knowledge of the law would indicate so you should be able to answer these simple questions.


Where am I lacking logic?

I've stuck to one point. Zimmerman created the situation - did not stay in his car - escalated the situation by pursuing.

Vigilantism (taking law into your own hands) is not supported by law enforcement.

If someone is injured (or dead) because of taking law into your own hands and creating a situation for it to happen - - - you are in serious trouble.



I asked you to explain your reasoning since you are the one who claiming to use logic. I did not ask you to regurgitate how you think the law should be applied. I did not realize that the simple act of getting out of a car could be deemed life threatening but then again perhaps I am not using logic.


Nevermind.

I'm very clear.

I consider your request "baiting".



posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs
 


The decision to follow somebody is far more benign than the decision to punch someone in the face and beat them on the ground.



posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by DocAdama
 


I do not agree with that statement at all, as you are not attributing any motivation for either action.

1. Possessing a firearm while following someone that you believe is a criminal is different than merely walking behind someone in the grocery store.

2. Beating someone up is a lot different than a child defending himself from a grown adult that is harassing him. The law is clearly on the side of the person being harassed within the framework of the "Stand Your Ground" law.
edit on 27-3-2012 by Furbs because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomXisntXFree
reply to post by BIGPoJo
 


Zimmerman should not have followed him. He followed him because he profiled Martin. Following him resulted into scaring a kid doing nothing wrong. Zimmerman shot him because he was getting his *** beat by a scared kid defending himself from a man with a gun.

Zimmerman was looking for trouble and now he most certainly has it. Enough said.

edit on 26-3-2012 by FreedomXisntXFree because: (no reason given)



Zimmerman walked away, even the kids cell phone call with the girl said "i lost him" as did Zimmerman. HE confronted Zimmerman, HE attacked, HE got killed. That's life. As I have said before, all the times I have called the cops, they never got there in time to catch the perp, so I see why he followed him, being that theft and break-ins are a problem there. Ohh guess what else they found in Trayvons backpack, a big screwdriver and 10+ pieces of womans jewlery... HMMMMMM......Lil punk was a thief and now we have one less pos walking around. "sheds a tear for Trayvon.. Not"
If zimmerman did not kill him, the homeowner of one of the next houses he decided to rob would have.

U
edit on 27-3-2012 by USarmyFL because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-3-2012 by USarmyFL because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocAdama
reply to post by Furbs
 


The decision to follow somebody is far more benign than the decision to punch someone in the face and beat them on the ground.



It apparently wasn't "benign" in this situation as someone is now dead.

Zimmerman called 911 over 50 times since January. He's a wannabe cop who couldn't handle himself in a physical confrontation with a teenager. He's lucky he's not the one in the morgue. He didn't know what he was doing and he should have waited for the cops as dictated by all neighborhood watch policies. If Martin really was up to no good that makes Zimmerman's decision to confront him even worse.



posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Auricom
 


Are you really this ignorant..that pic of Martin is not even of him. It is of another kid..and was found to be a fake one.

''Fake'' Trayvon Martin picture circulates on the web; image actually shows a different person



There is one problem to that claim: the picture is not Trayvon Martin.




Also people on here are making statements that witnesses...WITNESSES..have made statements that it was Martin on top of Zimmerman...when it was only one witness...compared to the two witnesses who claim it was Zimmerman who was one top.

There are so many other inconsistencies ...that the pro-Zimmerman people are spreading as facts. The only facts are this...


Martin was walking back to his Father's after going to the local 7-11...

Zimmerman followed a black kid because he looked suspicious...and he mentions that Martin is black twice in the 911 tapes...

Martin then follows the kid even after being told not to....

Zimmerman leaves his vehicle to pursue Martin...

Martin's GF tells him to run because he says there is a weird guy following him, he does...

Zimmerman then says that Martin started running...

Martin then tell his GF ..he lost him...

Zimmerman says he lost the kid...and claims to head back to his truck after that where he then claimed was jumped...but his truck was in the opposite direction of the shooting..so he changes his story to he decided to look for Martin...and then he was jumped..

The 911 tapes of the shooting...clearly show it was a young man screaming for help not a grown one..if you listed to Zimmermans 911 tapes...he sounds nothing like the person crying for help...

after that it comes down to the single witness who claims it was Zimmerman on top Martin or the two witnesses who claim it Zimmerman on top of Martin...




edit on 27-3-2012 by kerazeesicko because: CUZ I CAN



posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by USarmyFL
Zimmerman walked away, . .


Zimmerman created the situation from the beginning. He took law into his own hands - - creating and escalating a situation that resulted in death.

Zimmerman is still responsible for any actions - - as a result of his initial action to take law into his own hands.



posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by USarmyFL
 


You post is misinformed, misattributed, blatantly incorrect, and unfortunate. Your opinions are ignorant and would be laughable if they were not so horrifyingly sad.



posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocAdama
reply to post by PotKettle
 


All you have to do is ask yourself this: Does Trayvon get shot if he does not ATTACK Zimmerman? The answer is no. Trayvon did more than that, he took the fight to the ground and tried to bash his head in. If the call is between getting KO'd by a vicious thug and risk death or shooting someone, anyone interested in self preservation will choose the later.


If you want to play that game then why not ask yourself if Trayvon gets shot if he doesn't pummel Zimmerman?



posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by PotKettle

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by PotKettle
For someone claiming to use logic your post does not not live up to your billing. Please explain using the facts of this case how you used logic to deduce that someone getting out of a car creates causes someone to "fear for his life." Also, please show me the Florida statute that states, "if you take law into your own hands and someone is seriously injured (or dead) because of your actions - - - you are in deep doo doo." Obviously, you a are a lawyer as your as vast knowledge of the law would indicate so you should be able to answer these simple questions.


Where am I lacking logic?

I've stuck to one point. Zimmerman created the situation - did not stay in his car - escalated the situation by pursuing.

Vigilantism (taking law into your own hands) is not supported by law enforcement.

If someone is injured (or dead) because of taking law into your own hands and creating a situation for it to happen - - - you are in serious trouble.



I asked you to explain your reasoning since you are the one who claiming to use logic. I did not ask you to regurgitate how you think the law should be applied. I did not realize that the simple act of getting out of a car could be deemed life threatening but then again perhaps I am not using logic.


Nevermind.

I'm very clear.

I consider your request "baiting".


Oh, so you can't use logic to explain your thought process. Got it.



posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Furbs

Originally posted by DocAdama
reply to post by Annee
 

What history does Zimmerman have that would make you think he threatened Trayvon? None.


Zimmerman has a record of domestic abuse.
Zimmerman has harassed black children as young as 8.
Zimmerman used racial epithets while referring to black people.
Zimmerman had a gun.
Zimmerman continued to pursue the the child even after having been told not to.


It is interesting that none of the Zimmerman-defenders have much to say about the actual indisputables in the case, and will only discuss the sordid gossip and conjecture.



posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Even when I asked my lily white daughter from the burbs what this means....she said it means he's a drug dealer or has the ability to supply marijuana to someone..........allegedly.





A memorial to TM


edit on 27-3-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-3-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-3-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)





Tweets from his brother reprimanding him for punching his school bus driver a couple of days before the shooting.




A tweet after murder suggesting Trayvon whooped Zimmermans ass.




Proof Trayvon was not a skinny "kid".

edit on 27-3-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-3-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by PotKettle
Oh, so you can't use logic to explain your thought process. Got it.


Consider yourself ignored.

There is only so many ways I can say something - - - without going into Fantasyland.
edit on 27-3-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Why is everyone coming back to this? Who cares who was taller... who cares who was stronger.... can ANYONE please give me a reasonable answer as to why Zimmerman should have even been following or stalking or profiling this kid in the first place!?

Do you honestly believe in your heart that if he was a white kid walking through the neighborhood with a package of skittles, this would have happened.... or in this case if there was a HISPANIC kid walking through the neighborhood with a package of skittles, would this have happened?

I am white... Caucasian as you can get .... pale even.... I honestly do not believe this would have happened if Trayvon was not black. I am NOT one who throws out the race card on a whim... but this reeks of it.



posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Okay I'm a little confused here. So are we talking about what's "legal" or what's "right?" Because something being "legal" is totally different from it being right. Just because it was "legal" doesn't mean it was right to racially profile Trayvon, and follow him down the street (even though he's not a cop, and he really didn't have a reason to do so). This planet isn't worth living on anymore.
edit on 27-3-2012 by kaiode1 because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DoubleDNH
 


Have you read all the information?

Zimmerman was a homeowner/neighborhood watch in a private gated community and Trayvon was a stranger wandering around in the rain and dark....police have confirmed there were a rash of break is the neighborhood recently . Zimmerman was following and watching which is his right.



posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink
reply to post by DoubleDNH
 


Have you read all the information?

Zimmerman was a homeowner/neighborhood watch in a private gated community and Trayvon was a stranger wandering around in the rain and dark....police have confirmed there were a rash of break is the neighborhood recently . Zimmerman was following and watching which is his right.


Zimmerman was not a member of the Neighborhood Watch Program. This is the first thing people have to understand. He was acting alone, and not under the auspices of Neighborhood Watch or the Sanford Police.

Trayvon, as a citizen of this country and not under curfew, has the right to be in any public place, including inside of any gated community using taxpayers money to maintain infrastructure.

Zimmerman shot and killed him, which is not his right.




top topics



 
20
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

log in

join