It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive! First hand Witness: Trayvon Martin attacked Zimmerman Zimmerman Innocent Smoking Gun

page: 254
<< 251  252  253    255  256  257 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
I didn't see that the original lawyer "ditched" him, but never took the case.

Wow!
Well ok then.
I guess the fact that they were already working on it should mean something but you probably think lawyers only work in court and not until the day of the trial huh?

That would have been the first conflict of interest in the entire situation so why would they "ditch" him over conflict of interest?

They said they could not successfully defend a man who goes against their own advice and causes a conflict of interest in his own defense.

[quopte] I don't think you know what you are talking about.
edit on 19-4-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

I do though. Unfortunately it sounds like you went out of you way to get ignorant here.

"Never took the case."

You said "lawyer."
This is part of how I know you did not watch the press conference where his lawyerS announced why they were QUITTING this case.

You have opinions and it is cute but I went and got facts for everyone so you just save your home made treats, mmmk?

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by LErickson
What about the people lying about Martin attacking Zimmerman? Any of those lies bother you?

This sums up my point... How do you know for a fact it did not occur?

Why are the "witnesses" whose views place Zimmerman as the one being on the ground underneath another person labeled by you as liars?

We have no idea what occured from moment of contact to the moment the police arrived. that is supported by all of the conflicting information.

Until the charges are dismissed with prejudice all people can do is speculate. My argument has been to allow the judicial system to do their job and to allow the judicial system to do their job. My personal opinion differes from my legal position. I think the SYG law in Florida is flawed, so flawed in fact we get situations like this.

The law allows both parties engaged with each other to be protected. The law allows an aggressor to be justified if the defender uses force above and beyond to such an extent it places the aggressor in imminent fear for his life.

We can go back and forth all day in threads like this but it does not negate the fact the law is still present and another situiation like this is bound to occur again.

As for the posters for every post for Zimmerman there is one for Martin. We dont have all the facts and to pretend otherwise serves no purpose.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

As far as keeping up, there is really nothing to keep up with. The bond hearing WAS today and the prelim hearing is in May. Until then its its rehash the same crap as before.....

Since i'm so ignorant of the English language, could you please explain to me what the word 'was' means in your above statement.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
A suspect speaking to the media is not a conflict of interest.

I will go slowly.

It is a conflict
of interest
with his lawyers
who told him not
to speak
to
the media.

Get that?

What it is is a bad legal maneuver since whatever he states to the media can come back to bite him in court.

People need to learn what a conflict of intrerest is...

Deny ignorance sir... stop embracing it for purely idoelogical reasons.

Maybe when you guys get together, buy a collective clue and get what you are talking about right for a change then you will be in a position to make that kind of statement. You apparently assumed what i meant, assumed wrong and are attempting to correct my English with your post full of misspelled words. That is funny. I know what a conflict of interest is and so did his lawyers.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   

What about the people lying about Martin attacking Zimmerman? Any of those lies bother you?

This sums up my point... How do you know for a fact it did not occur?

Is this your logic? I do not know for a fact that Zimmerman is not impotent either that does not mean I can say it and have that make it true. Reality does not work that way.

For example. Given this I can then write over and over again about how you beat your wife and until you PROVE you do not beat your wife, you cannot call me a liar for saying it.
Is that the game you want to play because it could be fun but I doubt it will help George.
edit on 20-4-2012 by LErickson because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by LErickson

Xcath is right here.

Oh ok then.
Your opinion has really come to mean something to me.

Take it as you want howver it does not change the conclusion. People are using the term conflict of intrest in a manner that is not supported by the term itself. Zimmermans actions will either work in his favor or will not owrk in his favor and since its his status that hangs in the balance that is his right.

A person who is not supposed to be taking any side is where the defintion applies in this case. When a 3rd party who is supposed to be neutral is placed into a position where one side or the other can directly benefiet from those actions. In this case if the judge were to remain and it was discovered later on down the road she spoke with a person linked to the law firm, and that info makes it into the public realm, grounds for a mistrial / appeal is automiatically estbalished.

One can argue that if Zimmerman is found not guilty or is found guilty, that verdict can be challenged by claiming the judge had personal bias prior to the trial. This is just not a one sided issue for the defense, although as of now they are the ones most affected by it.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   

I dunno. Maybe get a dictionary and stop blacking out parts that make you feel icky?
That is about the best I can do to help you at this point. You write a lot of nothing in response to some very easy to comprehend topics and you end up confused. I'd stop.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   

I will go slowly.

It is a conflict
of interest
with his lawyers
who told him not
to speak
to
the media.

Get that?

I do get it and you are still misinterpreting / not understanding what the term means. A conflict of interest deals with actions of a 3rd party that has direct results on a separate party. Telling a client not to speak to the media, and the client disregarding that, is not a conflict of interest. His own actions in that instance are affecting his future.

This deals with a 3rd party who is suppose to be neutral and unbiased.

Maybe when you guys get together, buy a collective clue and get what you are talking about right for a change then you will be in a position to make that kind of statement. You apparently assumed what i meant, assumed wrong and are attempting to correct my English with your post full of misspelled words. That is funny. I know what a conflict of interest is and so did his lawyers.

Ah yes.. attack the poster when you are called out and cant support your post with facts. I do know what I am talking about and no amount of personal attacks from you or the other is going to change that.

Since you do not agree please be specific and explain how Zimmermans actions are a conflict of interest. Please use the legal definition of conflict of interest to support your position. I am asking because to date I see people making the argument based on the dimissed lawyers accusations which to date, have been wrong.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Since you do not agree please be specific and explain how Zimmermans actions are a conflict of interest.

His lawyer's interest was his successful defense. It does them no good to lose cases.
His interest was in talking to the media.
These two interests conflicted.
I know you are an expert Christian, Cop, Judge, all that stuff so you know more than his lawyers and can apparently read a dictionary better than I.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Is this your logic? I do not know for a fact that Zimmerman is not impotent either that does not mean I can say it and have that make it true. Reality does not work that way.

If Zimmerman comes out and states he is not impotent, disregarding that and constantly stating time and time again he is doesnt make it true. What is needed is evidence to the contrary and until that evidence comes out he is not impotent.

In court it does not matter what you believe it only matters what you can prove. That proof comes from evidence, the manner that evidence is portrayed and how convicing the people are presenting the evidence. In this case Zimmermans innocence is not in question. Its incmubent on the PA to argue otherwise. In order for her to do that, she will use evidence. If she has no evidence that conclusively shows Zimmerman is impotent then she is not able to make the accusation in court since there is nothing to support it.

For example. Given this I can then write over and over again about how you beat your wife and until you PROVE you do not beat your wife, you cannot call me a liar for saying it.
Is that the game you want to play because it could be fun but I doubt it will help George.
edit on 20-4-2012 by LErickson because: (no reason given)

Only if we make your example of how things dont work in criminal cases then sure.

This is where your logic fails since Zimmerman does not need to prove his innocence. The PA, and those people who think zimmerman is guilty, are burdened with that task.

if you guys have no intrest in using the legal system for this discussion then why bother to engage in it?

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   

I dunno. Maybe get a dictionary and stop blacking out parts that make you feel icky?
That is about the best I can do to help you at this point. You write a lot of nothing in response to some very easy to comprehend topics and you end up confused. I'd stop.

Since you do not agree please be specific and explain how Zimmermans actions are a conflict of interest.

His lawyer's interest was his successful defense. It does them no good to lose cases.
His interest was in talking to the media.
These two interests conflicted.
I know you are an expert Christian, Cop, Judge, all that stuff so you know more than his lawyers and can apparently read a dictionary better than I.

conflict of interest

noun
the circumstance of a public officeholder, business executive, or the like, whose personal interests might benefit from his or her official actions or influence: The senator placed his stocks in trust to avoid possible conflict of interest.

the circumstance of a person who finds that one of his or her activities, interests, etc., can be advanced only at the expense of another of them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Origin:
1950–55

Wiki - Conflict of Interest and the various settings it applies in

Constantly attacking me or my spelling is not going to make me go away. All it says is you cannot support your position because the facts don't support your position and in order to get around it, you try to obfuscate.

Please, keep it civil.
edit on 20-4-2012 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
BOND HEARING IN A HOUR AND HALF
9am eastern stay tuned
Zimmerman should have a decent bail set.
He should be out today, we will know
how the bond hearing turns out again at 9AM EASTERN

JUSTICE FOR ZIMMERMAN SET HIM FREEE SET HIM FREE SET HIM FREE

George Zimmerman, the man who is facing second-degree murder charges for the shooting death of their son.

Zimmerman is due in A Seminole County courtroom for a bond hearing at 9 a.m.

After a week and a half behind bars, Zimmerman may be walking out of jail to await trial on a second-degree murder charge.
www.wftv.com...

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Court is about to begin
stand by for the bond hearing..
Zimmermans attorney is discussing
now how they can safely get zimmerman
out of jail. NEW JUDGE ABOUT Lester JR. to step out anytime now
OMARA is zimmermans attorney.

TREYVON family and attorneys are in courtroom
zimmerman to give statement..

STAND BY
edit on 20-4-2012 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Zimmerman just entered court room..

might i say he looks exceptionally
well dressed and looks way more spanish
then those edited photos.. he looks straight spanish

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
JUDGE has just taken the bench.. AAAAAALLL RIIIIIIIIIIIISE

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Zimmermans attorney is asking
judge to call up family witnesses
in the big bond hearing..
First witness will be brought in
soon.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
O'mara zimmermans attorney is
talking to the witness via telephone speaker
phone. Shelly Zimmerman his wife is first witness

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
yea... watchin all this on CNN i sure hope he gets to be released today!
he is not a thug and deserves to be a free man while this whole court drama unfolds! Lord jesus please have mercy on this man and allow him freedom!

www.cnn.com...
edit on 01/04/2009 by steve95988 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem
O'mara zimmermans attorney is
talking to the witness via telephone speaker
phone. Shelly Zimmerman his wife is first witness

Wow pops, I know your following the case intently ... i'm surprised you haven't jumped on the latest evidence. HMMMMM ... maybe your not paying that close attention. Especially considering how juicy it is....im really shocked your aren't chomping at the bits....

I guess the bond hearing stole are your attention and you missed such HUGE news......interesting.

posted on Apr, 20 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
New Evidence Shows George Zimmerman's Bloodied Head abcnews.go.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 251  252  253    255  256  257 >>

join