It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hard Evidence for Simulation Hypothesis Uncovered! COMPUTER CODE Discovered Hidden in Superstring Eq

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bkrmn
Does this mean that something can on a whim, hit an "Off" button and delete us all as though we never existed?

Sort of explains God's thing about being removed from the Book of Life.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I think he means the "tree of life". The Kabbalah

en.wikipedia.org...

Tree of Life

The Tree of Life derived from the Flower of Life.
Main article: Tree of life (Kabbalah)

The symbol of the Tree of Life may be derived from the Flower of Life. The Tree of Life is a concept, a metaphor for common descent, and a motif in various world theologies and philosophies.[30] This has historically been adopted by some Christians, Jews, Hermeticists, and pagans.[31] Along with the Seed of Life, it is believed to be part of the geometry that parallels the cycle of the fruit tree. This relationship is implied when these two forms are superimposed onto each other.

The Tree of Life is most widely recognized as a concept within the Kabbalah, which is used to understand the nature of God and the manner in which he created the world ex nihilo. The Kabbalists developed this concept into a full model of reality, using the tree to depict a "map" of creation. The tree of life has been called the "cosmology" of the Kabbalah.[31] Some believe the Tree of Life of the Kabbalah corresponds to the Tree of Life mentioned in Genesis 2:9.[31]

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

Because the premise is we are in a "Simulated" Universe. That means that what is being discussed is an imitation that appears to be a Universe but it is a creation, a simulation.

Are you afraid that there may be a Creator or Creator's? There is no way for anyone to know for sure. It's simply not possible to know. Atheism is a Faith.

edit on 3/22/2012 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

I'm more interested in knowing where the devil comes from.

Is he a programmer or a self-aware computer?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
i think it's so illogical to deny a creator (lets not get into the debate over which creator. god, gods, higher beings, whatever) given that entropy exists, and that the universe began a finite time ago.

add those two together, and you see that as the universe moves towards heat death, all the order and energy in the universe had to come from something greater and outside the universe.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by rtyfx

Interesting question. Just as unanswerable with our tiny bit of knowledge.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

You can't ignore that with this topic. A simulated universe implies a Creator.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by rtyfx

I'm more interested in knowing where the devil comes from.

Is he a programmer or a self-aware computer?

Satan could be like deletion program, running a mock
deleting old programs!!!!

Old and the reaper come to mind, meh, does it really matter
if we are a simulation anyway, It's real to us

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
at 1:18 or so into the video, I hear the distinct voice of Neil deGrasse Tyson...
while I have no doubt he is an intelligent man, he is one of the most arrogant people I know of...

as far as a code of the universe... people have theorized for years that we live in a simulation world, most notable in movies like 'The Matrix' and 'The 13th Floor'

they way I see it, why does it matter? even if we are a simulation ie Second Life, how does this effect our actions? do we become less caring and make everything irrelevant? or do we still find joy and wonderment in the world around us?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockstrongo37
Ok I get the whole "simulated reality" argument....but I have never seen an avatar in a game I play recognize the fact that it is part of a game or simulation. So, if this is true, how would we become aware of the true simulated nature of reality? Wouldn't the code written into man limit our understanding? Wouldn't the whole reason for the simulation be underminded if the avatars "mankind" were to discover the very synthetic nature of the universe?

If anything this theory gives support to an "intelligent design" argument, and if there is indeed an all powerful "God" then it would make complete sense to me that there would be a "fingerprint" of design, or order where the theory of evolution would say there is to be chaos.

Video games and simulations are less than a hundred years old, games are limited only by our current experience and knowledge so an advanced race or whatever could have extreme amounts of progress ahead of our own. It is an interesting theory; if it is indeed somewhat true then I wonder how someone could have thought up that specific code ahead of this discovery. This idea goes way beyond aliens abducting people that is for sure.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
The real question is what is the point of running such a simulation? What is the Creator looking for?

edit on 22-3-2012 by rtyfx because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4
does it really matter
if we are a simulation anyway, It's real to us

Actually it does not. Your right. It would change nothing for us.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
the words and ideas of simulation or video game do not being to accurately explain the existence of us as living being in the reality we find ourselves in... they are concepts born out as an expression of our condition as living beings in reality......

the idea that we are living beings who can live and work together, and adventure in a creative expression in a world of our own, find a mate and reproduce a new and improved version of our genetic legacy,,, the realness of it, aesthetically, texturally,, the way flames move,,,

ok so the idea of simulation........ is it like in our computers ideas are computed using 10101011 and a code can describe and represent scenarios, outcomes, and situations,,, its as if the universe is a mechanical, energetic, computational device,,, where the codes are represented by physical dimensional matter,,,

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by rtyfx
The real question is what is the point of running such a simulation? What is the Creator looking for?

Why do we run sims?

To observe.

What does He want to see?

Why did the Chicken cross the road? Why do we want to know what lies light years away irrelevant to our existence? It's curiosity pure and simple.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Everyone should read what he ACTUALLY believes and stop jumping to conclusions:

being.publicradio.org...

Dr. Gates: Sure. Sure. So let me try to give a little bit of background. As you earlier asked me in this interview, I'm one of the first people in the U.S. to worry about this thing called supersymmetry, and I've been worried about it all of my professional life. We've never seen an experiment saying that, yes, I'm here in nature, but the mathematics has just been amazing. But there are problems that no one has solved yet in this mathematics. In the middle '90s, I decided I was getting sufficiently old that I could make a fool of myself if I wanted to, and try to solve some of these problems that people regarded as unsolvable. And in doing that, we were led first to a graphical technology, something we called the adinkras. This is a word that comes from traditional West Africa languages. But we found these mathematical objects which sit inside of the equations with the property of supersymmetry.

Then secondly, even more shocking for us, when we analyzed these objects very carefully, we found out that they have attributes of ones and zeros in precisely the same way that computers use ones and zeros to send digital information. And in particular, the kinds of codes we found, which was the most shocking thing for us, is that there's a class of codes that allow your browsers to work in an accurate way. They're called error-correcting codes. We found a role for error correcting codes in the equations of supersymmetry, and this was just stunning for us.

Dr. Gates: That I and my colleagues indeed, we had found the presence of codes in the equations of physics. Not that we're trying to compute something. It's a little bit like doing biology where, if you studied an animal, you'd eventually run into DNA, and that's essentially what happened to us. These codes that we found, they're like the DNA that sits inside of the equations that we study. So, yeah, do we live in the matrix? Well, I told you earlier that I thought John Wheeler was crazy. What this experience has taught me was, if you do physics long enough, you too might become crazy. That's what happened to me. But another physicist by the name of Eugene Wigner cautioned us about this sort of stuff. He said …

Ms. Tippett: Is he the one who said "the unreasonable effectiveness in mathematics"?

Dr. Gates: Eugene Wigner is the author of a very famous article called "On the Unreasonable Effectiveness of Mathematics." He basically said that just because you find a single piece of mathematics in two different systems — and I'm paraphrasing — doesn't mean that the two systems are related to each other. So just because we have found these codes sitting in the structure of these supersymmetric equations and since these codes are like the ones that you might find in a browser doesn't mean that a browser is related to reality, but it's fun to think about.

edit on 22-3-2012 by captainnotsoobvious because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

I'm thinking of the double-slit experiment where the act of observation changes the behavior of that being observed.

If we act in an unexpected way does He change the parameters of the experiment? Or is it the devil who plays God?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

Because the premise is we are in a "Simulated" Universe. That means that what is being discussed is an imitation that appears to be a Universe but it is a creation, a simulation.

Are you afraid that there may be a Creator or Creator's? There is no way for anyone to know for sure. It's simply not possible to know. Atheism is a Faith.

edit on 3/22/2012 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

I have no fear of a creator and choose to leave any personal faith or belief out of this wonderment for now. There is no way to know for sure....but Im saying that to me the code, if there, does not prove that we are anything more then a natural animation...a code or the design having a code does not prove a creator nor does it prove a simulation. Everything is made of energy and at the base of everything there is going to be a design by nature of how ever that energy transformed or compressed or whatever.

I do not see this proving a creator or that we are in a simulation...I see that people are amazed to find that nature is brilliant.

Just because we are seeing a design or pattern does not mean that it had to be 'made'.....nature is full of design and patterns.

So lets get into this whole creator and created thing for a sec. The idea of being created is something being made from nothing. Like a magic trick kinda....poof, and it was. What this code is showing me that all the more this idea of a creator making us like a magic trick, is not how we came to be. It seems more of a natural occurrence that happens, and animation if you will, a something forms from a former something, naturally, all in due time,.I dont see that this disproves a natural evolving of events and we are living it and call it life. The Spirit of the matter may have no say at all in it and may not even become aware until a conscious being observes life and lives it. As you said, we do not know...

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by captainnotsoobvious

May we infer that the same rules apply? Equations are equations.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

I think it natural for us to think of a Creator.

Our life experience has been that everything has a beginning and an end and there is always someone or something responsible for it.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain
So maybe what is gonna happen 21 dec 2012.... is they end the simulation? Maybe this was what the mayans knew... The end of the cycle of simulation? Or maybe ascension means we finally understand why we are here... to simulate the past for our future selves: The Alien Greys(Are actually us from the future, the guys running this simulation.. their UFOs are actually time machines/simulation observers) That would explain why they are so shy... They want the simulation to run uninfluenced by them

Love those mind-twisters. Maybe the aliens/UFOs are a "glitch in the matrix," where two simulations accidentally overlap. That would also explain those occurrences that have paranormal investigators scratching their heads, where UFO sightings, ghost hauntings, Bigfoot sightings, etc. all occur in the same, confined area -- and often the magnetic field readings in those areas seem to be off.

[My husband just said maybe the Bigfoots and aliens are "repair guys" who are being sent into the simulation to fix things up. :lol

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join