It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hard Evidence for Simulation Hypothesis Uncovered! COMPUTER CODE Discovered Hidden in Superstring Eq

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Lapislazuli

would this not mean that we are without souls or free will?

Some people are without souls or free will because they have passed control of themselves on to others, but this is just one facet.
I have to believe that the natural code of the universe is mainly to create and preserve life and related freedoms.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I think that the super computor code used for error correction discovered in nature can be added to the forum started that talks about people noticeing glitches in the matrix. Things not just being right. Lost items that show up right where they are suppose to be but they weren't there yesterday. People are calling this dimention jumps but may actually be the errors being corrected and we are just now noticing them. There is a black hole called the double helix nebulia located on the other side of the milkey way. One day in 2005 it just showed up over night. This is the statements of scientists. Did we all jump into another dimentaion where this black hole existed? Is this black hole causeing time demintion diffrenses now? Is the line up of everything in our solor system according to the 2012 line up causing errors in our time line? Is the line up of the black hole with the milkway and sun and earth and every thing else causing demention overlaps? For the past few years unknown animals have ben sighted. Are they overlaps from another dimenation? Will we see a time when all dimentions will merge? Is this the destruction spoken of?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by sligtlyskeptical
So just how did they arrive at the super string equation? The answer is they used computers and the software within them. Thus it should be no suprise that the equation has characteristics of software.

Had they first discovered the superstring equation and then found software code that could be copied from it, then you may have something to talk about.

Binary code knowledge predates super string theory.

I think it just makes sense....binary code is the easiest way to express something. 1 and 0, bits either on or off. Why wouldnt mother nature use the most efficient mode of replicating? What makes cells grow? A program that tells them to.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Ajax84

The end of the video is total crap. But yeah more proof for the non believers that there is a Creator of this program i call the universe

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
well. this explains why i've wanted out so badly for so long.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
I'm certainly not for manipulating anything that is functioning as it should naturally.

Passive V Active manipulation of the code...why are you against active?

See, its realizations like this that make me believe in "god". I put quotes around it because God gives too many constraints and a view of something outside of ourselves.

Consider this:

As I said, the universe isn't synthetic, rather, computers are organic...this is what these theories mean to me if proven true.
But, this also means we, with our programming and active manipulation are not individuals, we are not a free thinking species..we are instead a force of nature doing what the universe has been doing all along. We are bringing order and furthering the natural process to smaller details.

And an entire system becoming more and more orderly from initial chaos may in fact be the only synthetic action of all...perhaps a overall consciousness that every single atom and galaxy is taking part in. Forget the details and look at the whole picture. collective organization..destruction of chaos, and with each age that passes, the organization speeds up.

seems the universe decided to push for a faster processor (human brain) to create an even faster processor (computers) that will lead to even faster and faster processors..this may be going on all over the universe..and what is the end goal? Who knows..universal consciousness perhaps? some sort of answer being spit out at the end of the singularity? (42).

But its a fascinating speculation..and to me, someone saying they are against direct manipulation seems to be going against the natural progression of the force of nature known as life.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
When I was a teenager and reading The Hitchhikers' Guide to the Galaxy for the first time, I often thought that it would replace the Bible someday. Like, what if some catastrophe happened, and for whatever reason, this book survived the rubble when nothing else did? It seemed...plausible that people would take it seriously when there was nothing left to put it into context.

So, that part where the Vogons blow up earth? Right at the very beginning, there's a sentence where a girl in a coffee shop has a great idea where everybody could get along, but this time "nobody has to get nailed to anything". But before she gets the chance to call and tell anybody about it, well, Vogons.

Later on, you find out that the earth was just some huge computer simulation (Thanks for the fjords, Slartibartfast!) that got taken out literally five minutes before the program was set to complete. So, I've always wondered: Was that girl the end result?

The sad part is that The Hitchhikers' Guide to the Galaxy was always intended to be comedy and satire, and it may have been onto something all along.

Oh, and 42.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Am I the only one reminded of Dark City? :S

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Ajax84

“The life of this world is nothing but the enjoyment of delusion.”
(Holy Qur’an, Surah Al-Hadid (The Iron), 57:20

Interesting quote from the Qur'an

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
watched the first few minutes .... so far.

The universe is programmed in HTML?

No wonder its so F!@#ed up!

edit on 22-3-2012 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder
reply to post by Ajax84

What are you trying to tell me, that I can dodge bullets?

No. I'm trying to tell you that when you're ready, you won't have to.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
One question though, based on the simulation theory...who was/were the first?

Who created those first people and was the origin point? Or is that the idea of the Omega & Alpha Points, self creating and perpetuating?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Sorry but this is not hard evidence.

Superstring theory is still just a hypothesis, it hasn't been shown yet to describe reality.

Not even supersymmetry (the 'super' part of superstring theory) has been shown to exist, even with CERN trying their hardest.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Here is an essay on this from Dr. Gates (originally published in Physics World, June 2010)

From theoretical physics to codes

As it turns out, it is not just four-colour adinkras that can be separated into two smaller adinkras with the same number of colours; adinkras with more than four colours also possess this property of separability. But why does this occur only for four or more colours? Investigating this question launched our "treasure hunt" in a completely unexpected direction: computer codes.

Modern computer and communication technologies have come to prominence by transmitting data rapidly and accurately. These data consist principally of strings of ones and zeros (called bits) written in long sequences called "words". When these computer words are transmitted from a source to a receiver, there is always the chance that static noise in the system can alter the content of any word. Hence, the transmitted word might arrive at the receiver as pure gibberish.

One of the first people to confront this problem was the mathematician Richard Hamming, who worked on the Manhattan Project during the Second World War. In 1950 he introduced the idea of "error-correcting codes" that could remove or work around any un wanted changes to a transmitted signal. Hamming's idea was for the sending computer to insert extra bits into words in a specific manner such that the receiving computer could, by looking at the extra bits, detect and correct errors introduced by the transmission process. His algorithm for the insertion of these extra bits is known as the "Hamming code". The construction of such error-correcting codes has been pursued since the beginning of the computer age and many different codes now exist. These are typically divided into families; for example, the "check-sum extended Hamming code" is a rather complicated variant of the Hamming code and it belongs to a family known as "doubly even self-dual linear binary error-correcting block codes" (an amazing mouthful!). Yet whatever family they belong to, all error-correction codes serve the same function: they are used to detect errors and allow the correct transmission of digital data.

How does this relate to adinkras? The middle adinkra in figure 4 is obtained by folding the image on the left of the figure. The folding involves taking pairs of the dots of the same type and "fusing them together" as if they were made of clay. In general, an adinkra-folding process will lead to diagrams where the associated equations do not possess the SUSY property. In order to ensure that this property is retained, we must carry out the fusing in such a way that white dots are only fused with other white dots, black dots with other black dots, and lines of a given colour and dashing are only joined with lines that possess the same properties. Most foldings violate this, but there is one exception — and it happens to be related to a folding that involves doubly even self-dual linear binary error-correcting block codes.

The adinkra in figure 5 is the same as the left-hand part of figure 4 but for simplicity it is shown without dashed edges. We pick the bottom dot as a starting point and assign it an address of (0000). To move to any of the dots at the second level requires traversing one of the coloured links. There are four distinct ways in which this can be done. To move to any dot at the third level from the bottom dot requires the use of two different coloured links, and so on for the rest of the adinkra. In this way, every dot is assigned an address, from (0000) to (1111). These sequences of ones and zeros are binary computer words.

To accomplish the folding that maintains the SUSY property in the associated equations, we must begin by squeezing the bottom dot together with the upper dot. When their addresses are added bit-wise to one another, this yields the sequence (1111). If we continue this folding process, always choosing pairs of dots so that their associated "words" sum bit-wise to (1111), we can transform the adinkra on the left-hand side of figure 4 to the one on the right. Thus, maintaining the equations' SUSY property requires that the particular sequence of bits given by (1111) be used in the folding process. The process used to meet this criterion happens to correspond to the simplest member of the family containing the check-sum extended Hamming code[...]

Yet for a moment, let us imagine that this alternative Matrix-style world contains some theoretical physicists, and that one of them asks, "How could we discover whether we live inside a Matrix?". One answer might be "Try to detect the presence of codes in the laws that describe physics." I leave it to you to decide whether Wigner's warning should be applied to the theoretical physicists living in the Matrix — and to us.

You can listen to an interview with Dr. Gates talking about the codes here

From the blog announcing the interview:

One of the things James Gates and some of his colleagues have “seen,” for example, are underlying codes embedded in the cosmos — error-correcting codes, like those that drive computer programs. (Full disclosure: he’s a fan of The Matrix — so am I — and we hear a little bit of that iconic movie in our one-hour podcast.) This is just one of many observations he makes that raises questions, he says, that physics alone can neither answer nor probe.

Pretty cool stuff.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
This reminds me of finding Fibonacci numbers in nature

The Fibonacci numbers are Nature's numbering system. They appear everywhere in Nature, from the leaf arrangement in plants, to the pattern of the florets of a flower, the bracts of a pinecone, or the scales of a pineapple. The Fibonacci numbers are therefore applicable to the growth of every living thing, including a single cell, a grain of wheat, a hive of bees, and even all of mankind.[Source]

I'm more reminded of living in a designed world than a "matrix" but maybe that's just me.

(toe-may-toe, toe-ma-toe)

edit on Thu Mar 22 2012 by Rren because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
This just adds to some research I've been delving into that shows that the brain does not create consciousness but is simple a tool to receive it.

Our actual souls/consciousness come from beyond this matrix.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Interesting, if true, but these type stories don't really excite me. Mostly because I can still die of hunger or freeze to death. He basically summed it up by saying that he could give references that no one would understand. It's sort of like saying we found a planet identical to earth, but it is 100,000 lightyears away. Neat, but trivial.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lapislazuli
IF we are all simulated programs in a hard drive of a future super computer....and that is a big IF.. then would this not mean that we are without souls or free will?

edit on 22-3-2012 by Lapislazuli because: (no reason given)

Yes. Unless you wake up. That is the same story told over and over and over again. If you don't wake up you die and never were.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny
This just adds to some research I've been delving into that shows that the brain does not create consciousness but is simple a tool to receive it.

Our actual souls/consciousness come from beyond this matrix.

It's not a tool to receive it.. It is an prison that holds it. Akin to a scab.. like the rest of the body and the material world. All a byproduct of consciousness. And even the consciousness from which this byproduct is created is merely a reflection of Truth and not Truth/God itself.

The material world has very little to do with Reality. Except in terms of what is created as a result of denying what is True.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Some very interresting stuff.

So what if our conciousness is just a very advanced AI implanted into a "physical' simulation.
Are ego/self could just be one of millions of personality profiles. And when we observe our own thoughts and emotions from outside our ego (it can be done), that may be our own AI observing the simulation. Perhaps the super super quatum computer has created all these programs to help itself become smarter. And the programs that show advanced properties can be culled into an even more advanced program to start over there to even further the advancement of the Universal AI itself. Maybe thats 'heaven' and the bad programs get sent to the eternal recyling bin of hell.

Whoa
I think I need to lay down.

~peace~

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join