It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hard Evidence for Simulation Hypothesis Uncovered! COMPUTER CODE Discovered Hidden in Superstring Eq

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Ajax84

He found a computer code in an equation generated by a computer ...
Just sayin' ...

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Equ1nox

It's all a great mind game, but at the end of the day all that matters is how we treat family and neighbors. It don't matter if we are all sims. We all bleed red ...

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
If consciousness, not matter is primary (see "Monistic Idealism" by phyicisist Amit Goswami), then according to QM, prior to choice or judgement, our consciousness is a non-localized "holographic" type phenomenon ie: distributed across the entire universe, such that our experience is only localized when we judge, evaluate and differentiate. This implies not that we are in a sim generated by someone else, but that we, as consciously aware beings are one with the sim as a projection, and an intelligent subtraction FROM the absolute, undifferentiated whole.

All I can say is it's one heck of a work of art!

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Not to get too snarky here, but this guy is talking about hidden code of the type that you'd find in a web browser?

How low-tech can you get? If there were computer code that runs the universe hidden in these equations, I'm pretty sure captain smarty pants wouldn't know it if it bit him in his slide rule. I'm also sure that reality doesn't run on a windows box.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Thanks OP.

When we put Gates' research (and the research of those who came before him) together with recent advances in VR and AI then what we have defined as the theoretical moves closer and closer to becoming the inevitable.

Gates' work should not be considered in isolation - he is following along in the work that has been done for centuries and millenia - that work is best described as deconstructing the matrix.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Amazing! Yet, to my mind, 'How' it was done is not quite as important a question as 'Why' it was done.

To what end?

Perhaps it is God's way of knowing himself, or collecting experiences He otherwise would not be able to.

Some Humans are freaking clever!

S & F OP!

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aleister
When computer code began to be understood, from that point on the universe began to look like a computer. Yet this has been true of all new technology - the machine age (universe looked like a machine), the gods and goddesses of ancient religions (the universe followed their lead), even Copernicus and the age of mathematics, there, again, an explanation of the entire universe. What's next on this parade?

Your post made me pause.

Add to that every generation thinks it's near the pinnacle of achievement, when in fact we are in our infancy and will be in our infancy as long as we exist in this universe.

It also occurs to me science is in fact heading for place where science and religious belief meet. This theory assumes a Creator in a way.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Love this kind of stuff, its what got me hooked on ATS in the first place.

They say the Hall of Records holds the true secrets of our existence, perhaps we have found it in the least obvious place?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I see many jumping right into the whole 'creator' thing-

Why cant nature have order, codes....we see cycles, we see things go in rhythms, on and off, breath in, breath out, to and fro....why could nature not have at its very base, on and off switches or switches that can be activated and inactivated....why wouldnt nature be built upon a design. Why are we so shocked to find that down to the very detail of everything, we find order or some sort???

Is zero and one really man made ideas? Come on....we seem to put stock in an idea that first there was nothing, then suddenly something...but yet we cant believe that nature would hold this information in its core, that once there was the absent of what is and then there was what is...is that not a code, a design?

I dont see this showing us that there is a creator, something that is separate fro us, that sit and wove the universe together. Not to say I dont believe in the spirit of life....but I think that manifestations such as our existence, is just an expression that occurs totally naturally, like a flower that naturally blooms in spring....I dont see this proving a simulation or proving all the more that there is a 'being or higher conscious power' that is creating things -similar to the sims game...I find that to be ridiculous. Sorry if that offends anyone.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by MegaMind
watched the first few minutes .... so far.

The universe is programmed in HTML?

No wonder its so F!@#ed up!

edit on 22-3-2012 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

It's not the HTML that's F!@#ed up... it's the interpreter (the browser) - and in this case...it's Internet Explorer 7.

Thanks for the interesting thread, OP. I've always enjoyed the topic and I enjoyed the presentation...sans the crappy soundtrack.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Allow me to plug a thread i posted 5 years ago

Are We Living In A Simulated Universe?

This lends credence to the multiverse theory ( As does recent scientific results that state our Universe appears to have bruises like it was brush up against another universe, bubble multiverse theory)

I discussed the theory on an ATS radio interview below...

ATS MIX Quantum Squirrel interview

If infinity is involved the odds are extremely high that we are living in a computer simulated universe.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I'm not sure if anyone's pointed this out yet... but the geometry with the code resembles a rhombic dodecahedron.

This shape has been special to me for a while because of it's connection with both the cube and octahedron.

The rhombic dodecahedron's dual is the cubeoctahedron, which some people (like Nassim) go on and on about.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by circlemaker

Isn't that the Kabbala thing?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by rtyfx

I don't know much about Kabbala, only that the rhombic dodecahedron is a shape. It's a perfect space-filling polyhedron. Honeycombs are made up of them.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by circlemaker

Okay, a dumb question - is this the same as a Bucky Ball?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by rtyfx

Nope. That's made up of hexagons and pentagons.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Does this mean that something can on a whim, hit an "Off" button and delete us all as though we never existed?

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Ajax84

I am thoroughly glad that someone is taking a serious look at this. Personally, I do not believe in the Simulation Theory, however, I do think the principles behind it explain the physics of nature. I have been coding, in various forms, for over ten years, and have always seen the similarities between life and computer code. At it's core, life is a balance between positive and negative forces (0's and 1's). This goes beyond the level of the atom, and permeates down to the absolute building blocks of existence. Really, it's data. We start at the smallest level, creating some sort of structure, then move up and create process that interact with that structure, and then further higher processes where one structure interacts with another, and exactly how those objects interact.

If you take a blood cell, for instance. A blood cell is inherently small, and serves a basic function within the body. Just like a computer code, that blood cell has a purpose, and its purpose is to perform a necessary process that allows the system to operate. When that blood cell, or all blood cells become compromised due to a form of cancer (think malformed, destructive code), for example it effects the entire system. The cancer attacks individual blood cells, either modifying them and therefore modifying how they accomplish their given process or kill them by dismantling their structure or destroying the internal processes that allow them to function. On a cellular level, it's easy to see the comparisons between computers and people. It especially becomes evident when you start looking at how viruses and infections attack the body, very much in a similar way to how viruses and infections effect a computer. Living things (organic) are a higher form of programming than, say, the makings of a stone (inorganic). What we know as DNA makes up the basis for our source of "coding", it's our genetic code, and who we are depends on the sequence of amino acids, just the same as a computer program depends on a sequence of characters. There is an exact relationship between the world around us and the world within our computers, and it's nothing to be afraid of. We are all data.
edit on 3/22/12 by Resonant because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join