It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soldiers: "You (civilians/countrymen) Are Not Worth Fighting For!!!"

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Dude .. if you don't want to fight. Then get out. Ill fight for them , myself , my family , and my beliefs. I don't need to see civilian's or other soldiers "worship" me because i am fighting in a war. I find it stupid in all honesty.

These ribbons "support" the troops and what not are bull crap because in all honesty .. no one cares bro. No one. People need to stop pretending to care. Its okay. It doesn't bother me.

I see it as a job well done when i come back to the United States and not one single thing as changed. We are kicking so much ass , the way i see it , that they don't have a care in the world. Mission complete.

You don't like no one caring? You want to be worshiped just because you serve? Get the F out. We don't need you.

Seems you played too much Call of Duty. There is no Glory and Honor in this job bro , you watched to many commercials too.

----

Notice. When you get yourself shot at ... your country isn't on your mind. Its yourself and the brothers next to you bro. When the mission is completed , then the realisation and the pride of your flag waving before you board that plane hits you. Mission complete.

The military is an adventure. What will YOU do with the adventure? Screw everyone else , serving your country is just one of the benefits that will be automatically thrown at you. The Military is a way of life and a way of thought , i don't think you have found this yet. Focus on number one , you , all that extra stuff is only applied when some one wants to apply it. Not when you want it.

If you don't enjoy the military or think you can last in it. Contact your psych doc and tell him whats going on. He can get you out. Possibly with an Honorable discharge.
edit on 16-3-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Sounds to me that you're a mindless thug in uniform. You fight in your illegal wars, but you will see no support from me. Maybe you should direct your anger at Cameron and our government.. they are the people you talk to about 'foreigners'. Gotta hand it to our Cammy though, he's polished Obama's arse to a mirror shine with the amount of kissing he's done.

My advice: Wise up and fast, the moment you realize the military operations in the Middle East are not to the 'civilians' benefit the better, but guess you need some justification to kill to murder innocents who also had no say about being bombed to hell?

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Echtelion

Not all of the stories you hear from the war zones are true. I am active duty and served more than my fair time in the #holes of Afghanistan and Iraq. Just because someone has an opinion and beliefs, does not make them a baby killer, murderer or a rapist. But... you don't hear a lot of afghani's calling the Taliban rebels rapists, baby killers or murders when they are cutting each others heads off......or raping babies...just saying.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by diamount

Wars in Afghanistan and Iraq are anything but illegal. They are legal , or else we wouldn't be there. The only war that could POSSIBLY be considered illegal was Libya.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
reply to post by diamount

Wars in Afghanistan and Iraq are anything but illegal. They are legal , or else we wouldn't be there. The only war that could POSSIBLY be considered illegal was Libya.

Whatever helps you sleep at night.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

How about our soldiers stop fighting when all us unhappy civilians stop paying taxes to those evil, slimy politicians who want to watch the world burn. You just can't make a blanket statement and truly believe that every soldier rapes and tortures people. Yeah there are screw ups in the military just as there are all across the country. You can be as negative and as pissy as you want, but no one is going to respect a country or specifically you who has so much hate to their fellow countrymen.
Instead of everyone on here complaining and being armchair protesters, why are we not doing anything about the corruption and all the evil company owners who spend every second of their waking lives trying to make your life a living hell? No excuses about how we are powerless and all that. Quit complaining. Quit whining. Either do something about it or shut up.
Is anyone who reads this going to do anything? Probably not. And to the most extent they will vote for Ron Paul since he is the next best thing since sliced bread and ShamWow. ATS is becoming too much of a piss and moan forum where everyone just complains about the government, 9/11, evil Obama, raping in the middle east, etc etc. There aren't conspiracies anymore, just constant complaining about how the MSM is always lying to us no matter what they say.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by usafvldst2

I always liked the quote ' Lions led by donkeys', which I belive explains why the OP feels so angry, it's not against the civvys, it's against how the goverment has treated us, i've witnessed young men and woman coming back from overseas (junior ranks and officers) getting their medal and a hardy hand shake, six months later they were shown the door.

I am angry with the way the way the were treated? yes. But I am proud to be serving, my friends and family are proud of me, and I have had nothing but respect and support from the people of our country.

And for those who think we shoud not be fighting over there should talk to those who have come back. It is goverment policy (I dont know why ) not to reveal to the press half the things the Taliban do...the beheadings....shooting kids......using handicaped children as bombers...even the fact that Afghan Taliban are not the main problem, it's the Pakistanian and Arabian Taliban that are the biggest bunch of evil b'stards over there.

edit on 16-3-2012 by windsorblue because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
can't remember the last time a soldier actually defended freedom and liberty for my country ..

soldiers are Corporate tools payed by the taxpayer to do the bidding of corporation fascists in the name of democracy

nothing wrong in been a soldier ....just don't like the way they get exploited theses days..

that's why i got out... killing for the sake of killing was not really my thing

i can look my kid in the eye known i did the right thing

i would be the first to sign up to defend my country from invasion...

no way id put my life on the line to make the rich that little bit richer

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB
You are not....

Why the hell should any of us put our lives on the line for any of you??..

You pay our wages??

Do you think that we become soldiers to "Get Paid"???

You can stick your taxes where the sun does not shine!

Soldiering is a calling... If you are forced into it by conscription then that does not count..

In the west we are volunteers...

That may sound strange but an integral part of humanity has always had its soldiers..

Why??

Because it is a profession as much as becoming a carpenter, lawyer or doctor...

We are not brainless morons... Imagine having to get 28 guys from a to b without being seen or heard, using the ground to its best advantage, with one foot on the ground that covers the moves.. Then the reaction to effective enemy fire, locating the enemy, the assault; which is done out of sight of the enemy with the ground being used to best advantage..

Learning the weapons systems, navigation (not sat nav) using a map and compass.. Advanced first aid.. Advanced tactics.. language skills.. Survival in any conditions... Local customs and laws.. The list is endless.

My government always goes on about "the military covenant"

Which supposed to look after housing et al after service.. We get none of that.. And am just left for dead by our own country.. Same for the wounded.. Infact foreigners take priority..

Nobody fights for us... Why should we fight for you??

That is the consensus amongst the troops..

Basically..

##SNIP##

We will look after you when you look after us...

It has been a long time coming...

And I for one agree..

edit on Thu Mar 15 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors – Please Review This Link.

Yes. I agree. Please resign and encourage all of your military buddies to resign as well. What are you guys...stupid? The pay sucks and we now the VA medical care is EVEN WORSE than it was after Vietnam.

Better yet...stop risking your lives to protect Exxon-Mobile and Haliburton's interests immediately. World peace comes the day all of the world's 19 yr old peasants realize that risking your life for a gold, bronze, or silver trinket...like a star or something...to pin on your shirt whilst your corporate overlords rake in money by the BILLIONS is seriously the territory of fools.

Take five 19-24 yr old guys from one country and put them in front of five 19-24 yr old guys from another country and leave them alone they will be likely to want to go grill some food, get some beer, and look for some ladies. Add in religion, two different flags, a few generals, and some sophisticated propaganda machines...they will brutally murder each other with actual PRIDE.

It's incredible.

Please quit at your first opportunity.

We can't go to war if no one fights.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Geez,

Ok, I'm military (Air Force) and I have to say that most of this dribble is one part funny one part delirious. I've been in the AF for 15 years now. When I was young and just graduated from HS, I thought my dad was going to pay for college for me. He had more than enough money to do so but we liked to fight a lot and the end result with our constant negative dialog towards one another drifted me towards the AF. this was more my adolescence then anything else. Anyhow, there I went into the military to do something with my life. I didn't want to do what the rest of society was telling me to do "student loans....college....student loans". I was smart enough to have made it through college but the military was a good point for me since I probably would have wasted my first year "having to much fun". I joined for direction. I didn't join for pay..protecting anyone or whatever. As my military career grew I enjoyed the camaraderie, my friends, my wife and child and managed to be here for 15 "mostly" wonderful years. My wife was in for 6 years and ended up earning her degree thanks to the military. Most "civilians" out there that I have run into have thanked me for my service although I expect nothing in return. I live a good life, with my wife making good money and with myself making enough to be happy. I didn't join under bad circumstances...didn't go in debt, didn't join because I had 12 kids and needed something.

As I go further along my career and after spending many moments in this forum/website I can see both sides and a lot of hate for one another without actually really knowing what each other are doing or thinking other than the fact that some really disgrace one side vs the other and will always do so.

I don't support everything my government does. I also don't support the murder rate in Detroit and the people carrying illegal weapons, the people dying of cancer without cures, the bailout for civilian companies that certainly didn't deserve it but none of it matters. I signed with an obligation. I PROMISE YOU, I will never take down an American who didn't deserve it, will not fire on a direct order without knowing the reason and support the more "American" side as probably most military people do. I do fight for our freedoms, I fight for my freedom, my wife's freedom and my child's freedom which has slowly disappeared over the past decade.

I get tired of getting put into a can....where just we military think this way or that. Most of us have degrees. Most of us pay taxes for one another as well. Most of us are not lazy, most of us work very long hours (sometimes for things we don't even know what for) and most of us could pop right into the civilian society and make GREAT money (just speaking for me and a few of my fellow comrades).

I will thank anyone/everyone for supporting me no matter how futile it may seem to them but I will not thank ANYONE for paying my salary. We make 1% less than the avg american in similar position. I won't complain but if you knew the amount of BS I have had to put up with then you would understand. Yes I volunteered and expect this but in reality it's no diff than your regular American job....with your ass kissers, bureaucrats, politics and other BS.

PLEASE quit labeling military. For me, it's been a great life full of great friends a few deployments making closer friends, but a life outside of the military. I love my country, I love my people, I will fight for the ones I love but will not sacrifice without reason. This is the new age....must be reason and why's must be answered. Y'all don't hear that but we hear it all the time in the military...why, why, why. People are asking.

I'm sorry if this was so scattered. I had a lot on my mind when writing this. In the mean time...I hope everyone has a wonderful St. Patties day because I'm about to get my Guiness on!

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
To the OP:

I don't want you to fight for me. You don't represent anything I stand for.

And don't try to mind-F me into believing you are dying for my freedom. Nothing could be further from the truth.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Hey butthead... I'm speaking for myself but I'm sure many others are thinking the same. First off I never asked anyone to go and defend my rights. You chose your path numbnuts. I don't need anyone to defend my rights. Ok so we're not worth protecting. Great I don't want you trying to protect me anyways.

I totally agree with the guy above me!
edit on 16-3-2012 by Enemyc0mbatant because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by glamb77

Well said sir, well said.........and happy St Pat's...i'm 3 sheets to the wind all ready.... happy days

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by windsorblue

Thanks my friend. I'm one sheet in a windy breeze as of right now, enjoying my Friday.....as I do most Fridays

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I have one basic problem with this whole post; civilians and countrymen are NOT the ones who asked them to go fight these needless wars, our so-called leaders did. I think I can speak for most of the members of this board when I say, if we had our way, we'd bail on everybody and let them live in their repressed regimes.

I do NOT want to see another soldier die in the name of "national security". The wars and bloodshed overseas is nothing more than nation building and forced compliance with the NWO. Here's an interesting fact for you if you want to talk about "terrorism"; the world's governments have killed more people throughout history than any other single group. Approximately 260 million people have been killed via government-sponsored genocide, etc. If you throw in deaths cause by the world's military's, that number jumps to about 350 million.

Now, assuming that all life is precious and valuable, who has killed and threatened more people; terrorists or our own governments? The odds of being killed by terrorists is minuscule compared to dying from cancer, a car accident,

Even if terrorists were able to pull off one attack per year on the scale of the 9/11 atrocity, that would mean your one-year risk would be one in 100,000 and your lifetime risk would be about one in 1300. (300,000,000 ÷ 3,000 = 100,000 ÷ 78 years = 1282) In other words, your risk of dying in a plausible terrorist attack is much lower than your risk of dying in a car accident, by walking across the street, by drowning, in a fire, by falling, or by being murdered.

Source

What TPTB expect us to believe is that it is reasonable to kill tens of thousands or a hundred thousand people over the course of a decade to save a few hundred lives. Keep in mind, of those killed, 90% of the them are collateral damage; ie. they're not terrorists or linked to terrorism and are in fact mostly civilians.

Sorry to drift off topic but again I say, I do NOT expect our soldiers to die in MY name. They are dying the name of our corrupt government. In no world that I could imagine would it be acceptable to kill a thousand people a month to simply reduce the risk of perhaps 100 people dying from supposed terrorism

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by axslinger

Well put.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
YOU signed up to become a soldier,
YOU deceited to make your living this way,
YOU have made your choice,
YOU asked to see the world and have an "exciting" job.

I understand that it is your job that you are doing, but I did not asked you to do this job for me.
So, what exactly is it that you want from me?

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by windsorblue
reply to post by usafvldst2

I always liked the quote ' Lions led by donkeys', which I belive explains why the OP feels so angry, it's not against the civvys, it's against how the goverment has treated us, i've witnessed young men and woman coming back from overseas (junior ranks and officers) getting their medal and a hardy hand shake, six months later they were shown the door.

I am angry with the way the way the were treated? yes. But I am proud to be serving, my friends and family are proud of me, and I have had nothing but respect and support from the people of our country.

And for those who think we shoud not be fighting over there should talk to those who have come back. It is goverment policy (I dont know why ) not to reveal to the press half the things the Taliban do...the beheadings....shooting kids......using handicaped children as bombers...even the fact that Afghan Taliban are not the main problem, it's the Pakistanian and Arabian Taliban that are the biggest bunch of evil b'stards over there.

edit on 16-3-2012 by windsorblue because: (no reason given)

Yes...I totally believe that the Taliban make absolutely TERRIBLE neighbors. So...what are we doing over there again? Why do we care?

Oh yeah...oil, opium, a trillion dollars worth of lithium, and a pretty handy strategic location just perfect for launching attacks against China, Russia, and Iran if need be. Same thing happens in Africa everyday and yet we don't shuffle over there at the drop of a hat.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
And another thing. Say the ShtFan, and the people of this country are beginning to rebel against the corrupt system.
You will then be called to fight.
Who will YOU have to fight against then?

Your own country men/women.

Will you still ask for their support then?

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Go join blackwater then

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join