It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soldiers: "You (civilians/countrymen) Are Not Worth Fighting For!!!"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
You are not....

Why the hell should any of us put our lives on the line for any of you??..

You pay our wages??

Do you think that we become soldiers to "Get Paid"???

You can stick your taxes where the sun does not shine!

Soldiering is a calling... If you are forced into it by conscription then that does not count..

In the west we are volunteers...

That may sound strange but an integral part of humanity has always had its soldiers..

Why??

Because it is a profession as much as becoming a carpenter, lawyer or doctor...

We are not brainless morons... Imagine having to get 28 guys from a to b without being seen or heard, using the ground to its best advantage, with one foot on the ground that covers the moves.. Then the reaction to effective enemy fire, locating the enemy, the assault; which is done out of sight of the enemy with the ground being used to best advantage..

Learning the weapons systems, navigation (not sat nav) using a map and compass.. Advanced first aid.. Advanced tactics.. language skills.. Survival in any conditions... Local customs and laws.. The list is endless.

My government always goes on about "the military covenant"

Which supposed to look after housing et al after service.. We get none of that.. And am just left for dead by our own country.. Same for the wounded.. Infact foreigners take priority..

Nobody fights for us... Why should we fight for you??

That is the consensus amongst the troops..

Basically..

##SNIP##

We will look after you when you look after us...

It has been a long time coming...

And I for one agree..

edit on Thu Mar 15 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors – Please Review This Link.

+35 more 
posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Exactly, please stop.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I agree too, F the sheep and mindless drones who won't wake up.

+49 more 
posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

You are not.... Why the hell should any of us put our lives on the line for any of you??.. You pay our wages?? Do you think that we become soldiers to "Get Paid"??? You can stick your taxes where the sun does not shine!

Speaking for myself only, I do not expect you to put your life on the line for me. You shouldn't be putting your life on the line at all, given the circumstances of recent wars. And, yes, I do think many people go into the military to get paid. I hear many people say that's why they went into the military...because they were unemployed and had no other skills.

+123 more 
posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
seems like an awfully big generalization- i sure as hell do not want you to fight for me. i did not ask you to fight for me and if i had a say you would not be fighting at all.

it seems the military is fighting for the benefit of the ruling class more than anything else, and to throw everybody under the bus because you feel unappreciated by this heartless ruling class then it would seem you are attributing blame to the wrong people.

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Why do you fight if not for your government or your people? Just curious.

link   
reply to post by chr0naut

Stopped

And Amen to THAT!

link   
KILL THE SHEEP AND THE ONES WHO WILL NOT EVOLVE

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Glad you understood that, we do not want anyone to fight at all! It is completely pointless to fight wars in this world, everyone need to dismantle their armies and find rational solutions to their problems that does not involve eating someone else!!

I have a friend in sweden that has no job and no merits to get any, that is why he signed up for the army and will be sent to afghanistan to get his throat slit by a Taliban after pissing on a few of them. Ridiculous!!!

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I stayed alive and well away from fighting for the freedom to raise my kids in dignity for the fact that there has been no calling for the conscripts....

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by godWhisperer
seems like an awfully big generalization- i sure as hell do not want you to fight for me. i did not ask you to fight for me and if i had a say you would not be fighting at all.

it seems the military is fighting for the benefit of the ruling class more than anything else, and to throw everybody under the bus because you feel unappreciated by this heartless ruling class then it would seem you are attributing blame to the wrong people.

Well said, my friend. I've got nothing to add.

+19 more 
posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Then off to the carnage you go... and nobody, indeed, is gonna save you from it!

You separate yourself from the people for fighting against the people, killing civilians abroad (and probably domestically, soon), torturing, raping them...

So how can you expect the people to support you in any way???

If you turn against us all, you are on your own. Don't even count on the generals to feel for you, even less the profiteers who make billions with this war effort. You are only statistics to them, "soldier".

Only another unsignificant fool, murdering and dying for the wrong reasons.

But the question is: what's your life's worth? What GOOD do you create in this short existence?

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

You live in the land of the false sense of security and strength... Those things have been provided by people like me..

+59 more 
posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Why don't YOU grow a pair and defy the illegal orders you're given?

How about YOU stop killing civilians in Iraq, Afghanistan and elsewhere and start representing YOUR country in a respectable manner - even in wartime?

Since it's a CAREER to you more than anything else, how about you stop expecting a handout from the government when you decide to change jobs and leave the military.

It goes both ways, buddy. You want to disrespect civilians? We can dish it right the f*** back.

+39 more 
posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Why the hell should any of us put our lives on the line for any of you??..

What soldiers are exactly putting their lives on the line for me or any of us civilians?
Are the Al Qeda going to roll up and down every street in America if you don't preemptively kill them first? And how's the battle going to "protect our freedoms"?

Last I heard our freedoms were going down the toilet faster every year that passes, guess you guys are losing the battle there. Do any soldiers really know why they are fighting in live combat for the past decade? From what I see, maybe about 1 in 100 see how they're being used, the rest are lost causes.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I don't believe it. This country has supported our military more than any other time since WWII. Veterans are honored by their communities. Of course there are jerks who hate all soldiers but overall they are respected and honored. If this truly was a soldier's response, he doesn't belong in the military but I still don't believe it.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I definitely see your point. I just wish you would have been a little more civil about it. You came off like a bit of a jerk.

Some people don't see what we do, what we go through, and what we think. It's easy to sit on the outside and look in making their assumptions about us through the perception of someone else. People who don't like us just don't understand us. It's in human nature to meet things that you don't understand with somewhat irrational emotions.

Then you get those that fully support us and make it be known. The ones that will go out of their way to show their appreciation. Sometimes, I often find myself a little put off by it. I didn't join to be thanked.

In fact, I didn't join for pay and benefits. I joined because it was something that I wanted to do. It was a calling, as you said.

The civilians/countrymen are worth fighting for. Those that don't like us are still worth defending. As you can see, some don't want us to fight for them. They didn't ask us to and they don't think it's necessary. I'm not going to touch the wars and conflicts because that's a whole different subject, but I feel the military is here to help and defend our own. Without us, our respective countries would have been taken over by another country. If the United States were to disband their military tomorrow, eventually we would be over ran by a powerful country with a military force. And then where would we be? And to have the idea that no other countries leadership would ever want to invade and conquer the US is as close minded as it gets. I could go on and on about this subject, but I think I've gotten my point across.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Just keep fighting for the guy next to you and screw most of these losers who would never put there ass on the line for any reason . Most of the so called men in this county would stand by while there wife was raped because they have no bawls . There so afraid of dying they never really live , don't Te me wrong they advocate killing as long as its an unborn child that will just put more strain on their world .

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Screw the imperialists who send you to fight. Direct your anger to the right place, ordinary citizens are not the biggest evil here.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Nite_wing

I have been in the military all of my adult life, but when I leave I cannot even get social housing because foreigners take president...

PTSD is rife... With no help....

THAT is the bomb that will make you take notice..

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join