It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soldiers: "You (civilians/countrymen) Are Not Worth Fighting For!!!"

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB
You are not....

We aren't worth fighting for in your eyes...Yet you expect us to fight for you? Seems a bit....Hypocritical of you.

Why the hell should any of us put our lives on the line for any of you??

I sit here before you saying, do not fight for me. I never asked you or anyone else to do so. You joined for your own reasons. Good bad or otherwise. You did not join for me...You joined for you. Fight for your own life and happiness just like I am...

So don't whine to me about not being able to get housing. You were taught how to fight...So stand up and fight.
I don't expect you to fight for me... I expect you to fight for yourself.

You pay our wages??

Well, your pay check comes from taxes and we all pay our taxes... So yes, we do pay your wages. Seems pretty straight forward to me.

Do you think that we become soldiers to "Get Paid"???

Nope. I don't. I happen to know that each soldier joins for their own personal reasons. I suspect most people are aware of that. You seem to be letting your anger and frustration blind you to reason.

You can stick your taxes where the sun does not shine!

You know that housing you are wanting? You know where the funding for that comes? Taxes.... So if I were you, I would not be encouraging people to take their taxes and stick it where the sun don't shine...Again...Your frustration is blinding you.... With out those taxes you just cursed.... NONE of you would have housing,

Your anger is effecting your thinking.

Soldiering is a calling... If you are forced into it by conscription then that does not count..

Tell that to a WW2 vet, buddy... My grandfather was drafted and was certainly called to it. He was an officer in the US army. I bet he is tougher today at 93 than you are...at what ever age you are. He certainly was not whining about not having housing...He went out and fought for everything he has...He never took a hand out from anyone. Never expected anyone to do it, either.

In the west we are volunteers...

Also, the sky is blue. Thank you, Captain Obvious.

That may sound strange but an integral part of humanity has always had its soldiers..

Why would that sound strange... Humans are a very violent animal... I doubt anyone would find that strange.

Why??

Because it is a profession as much as becoming a carpenter, lawyer or doctor...

No, we have had armies because human kind is a selfish and greedy species of animal. We love control...So to keep that control, our governments of past and present, trained people to fight in order to protect what they control.

What you do, is not a profession...What you are, is a tool to protect what your government controls or hopes to control in the future...You aren't fighting for me... You aren't sworn to uphold and protect the laws of gimme_some_truth, you are sworn to uphold the laws of your government... If you still think you fight to protect me... Well...Let me just assure you...My name is not on the contract you signed...

We are not brainless morons... Imagine having to get 28 guys from a to b without being seen or heard, using the ground to its best advantage, with one foot on the ground that covers the moves.. Then the reaction to effective enemy fire, locating the enemy, the assault; which is done out of sight of the enemy with the ground being used to best advantage..

I agree. You are not stupid. Most people in the world are not stupid. And yes you have been trained very well, by your government to protect what they control. You could do that better than I could. Good for you.

Learning the weapons systems, navigation (not sat nav) using a map and compass.. Advanced first aid.. Advanced tactics.. language skills.. Survival in any conditions... Local customs and laws.. The list is endless.

Yep, you were trained as a soldier looking for housing.... I'm a writer with a house... I fought and worked to earn my house... I never expected anyone to provide housing for me. How about you?

Which supposed to look after housing et al after service.. We get none of that.. And am just left for dead by our own country.. Same for the wounded.. Infact foreigners take priority..

Nobody fights for us... Why should we fight for you??

Again, you don't fight for me. I fight for me. Start fighting for yourself, rather than for your government who screws you over.

We will look after you when you look after us...

Thanks but no thanks. I am doing just fine looking after myself. Feel free to do the same. When you can't get what you need you can't expect hand outs...You have to stand up and do what you have to, to get what you need to live. I don't expect you to fight for what I have earned....Don't expect anyone but you to fight for what you deserve.

That's your problem.You are fighting for the wrong person. Stop fighting for me. Fight for yourself!
edit on 16-3-2012 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
First of all the OP is a liar - he's not a soldier. If he was he would know the oaths and the burdens he took on before anything else and what they mean.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I speak for myself.

My brother just joined the airforce, not for money, not to help pay for college. He could of had free ride at any of the colleges around.

I don't know why he joined, but if he was on your squad and heard you talk about civilians like that you' d be missing some teeth.

I bet you didn't even serve. My gut is saying you are a psyop, trying to ferment a little dissent here. Trying to divide the aware civilians from the aware soldiers.

We can smell your kind from a mile.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Im sorry, but those who join know what they are getting themselves into. I am not knocking any soldiers, I respect them to the highest degree. I am just stating that you get what you sign up for

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0rbital
reply to post by EvanB

I've nothing against soldiers, personally speaking, and I've defended them in the past but you're not fighting for your countrymen, you're fighting for your government only. It's your government's greed that you risk your life for, if you or the other soldiers were not there (in the wars) your countrymen would remain unharmed so you are not defending them at all.

You should create a more accurate thread titled ''You (politicians/government) Are Not Worth Fighting For''

I like your post because it puts the responsibility for this mess right where it needs to be, those who either voted for wars, or those who politicize wars and do it for money and power.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afraidnomore
I speak for myself.

My brother just joined the airforce, not for money, not to help pay for college. He could of had free ride at any of the colleges around.

I don't know why he joined, but if he was on your squad and heard you talk about civilians like that you' d be missing some teeth.

I bet you didn't even serve. My gut is saying you are a psyop, trying to ferment a little dissent here. Trying to divide the aware civilians from the aware soldiers.

We can smell your kind from a mile.

Maybe even Occupy the Military Industrial Complex, as his avatar has that Direct Democracy nonsense on it, and he has the sense that others are supposed to be paying his way.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Damn dude, that was a great post. Not that I expected it not to be, you usually make some great in depth posts.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Either you serve the people or you serve your government "Corporatocracy"
There is no "calling" besides Macho Bull S#!%!
There is no glory in service it's not a video game. Some join like a lot of poor kids did with me from the slums when i served because the recruiter sold them on the idea of belonging to something. Traveling the world and getting away from the slums. Money was a factor since many did not have jobs. I served because my family served and I was carrying on a family legacy and was somewhat born in to it. But college tuition was a major factor to the allure. I was a kid and was ignorant to politics, corruption and how the inner workings of my government worked. I just wanted to get some and yes killing arabs at the time was a personal goal. Just part of the macho bs mindset bestowed upon me. That was "the calling" find kill repeat.

You are serving special interests once your boots hit the ground. Nothing more, call me a traitor for saying it. I greew up AFTER the service. It did not make me a man but a robot. Disposable heroes. They dont give a f%#%& about us.. they the politicians, lobbyists, special interests, bankers, CEO's ect. The people DO care about us you FOOL! More then you will ever know don't you get it? The people HAVE NO SAY!

You are just raging and very confused imo , projection

That is the consensus amongst the troops..

ORLY? So you speak for all troops or the troops in your country or?
The consensus? What consensus? Was there a survey or a poll? If so please link me.

You do not speak for me, you do not speak for the majority but yourself

edit on 16-3-2012 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brotherman
reply to post by nightbringr

As far as my vote not mattering it doesn't matter who I vote for or anyone because most simply put my job still wouldn't change either way a service members job is to serve how ever and to what ever capacity that may be.

Exactly, so why blame the civilians?

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by sith9157
Im sorry, but those who join know what they are getting themselves into. I am not knocking any soldiers, I respect them to the highest degree. I am just stating that you get what you sign up for

That's not true. The government spends a great deal of money to brainwash children in high school to join the military. They brainwash them by telling them how honorable the military is and how the military will pay for their college education. The recruiters show kids glossy pictures of exotic places that they can visit if they join. They tell kids that shiny medals and cotton and polyester stripes are symbols of righteousness. Most of those kids have absolutely no idea what they are getting themselves into.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
EvanB,
I understand your frustration and the unfairness with which our military men are treated. My son, step son and husband are/were all military men. However, you are truly directing your anger at mostly the wrong group of people.
Many of us civilians/citizens do all we are able to help you guys out. We are fighting the same brick wall as yourself. Heck, we can't even make changes through the ballot box because even that is rigged in favor of the greedy elite.

Tell us, what would you have us do that would make a difference to/for you?

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Who are the people? Our family's, friends, neighbors are the people. The politicians, cops didn't carry Scott Olsen but random people on the street

Know who the REAL enemy is. It aint in Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya , Syria, Iran.. it's in our back yard. And it has been playing us like a rusty trombone using us and disposing of us as cannon fodder. The real battle is at home.

"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
you are a british soldier right? i don't know how you guys join up over there. if that is way you feel then when you can give it up become an instructor. the military in my country used to fight to protect its citizens and too defend the constitution but now they fight to defend corporate interests alone.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
You make me sick.

I've been in and out of service for nineteen years. I started in the Guard, transferred to the Active Army, joined the Reserves, went back to the Guard. Got tired of it all and took a 10 year break. Joined the Regular Army again.

During this time I've had three marriages, suffered several debilitating injuries, and will medically retire this year.

Professional soldiers uphold their contracts, fight for their pay, and don't cry afterwards.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by circuitsports

I agree; if he was in, he must have been Chaptered out.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Hey OP, quit your childish whining and temper-tantrum.

NOBODY HERE, nor any intelligent human being has asked for you to become a PAWN for the elite to do their fighting for their agendas. YOU did that, dont play the BLAME GAME, look in the MIRROR for that one...

The DECENT humans beings around the world have NO desire to see our fellow human beings SLAUGHTERED and MURDERED at the hands of deluded compassion-less PAWNS like yourself who are TOO STUPID to know that they are just mindless ANIMALS being USED as TOOLS.

Take it from Kissinger himself. “Military men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in foreign policy.”
[color=limegreen]― Henry Kissinger.

Thats ALL that YOU are to THEM. Them who tell you that you are "fighting for the civilians".

Go complain to people in power whom have FOOLED you into fighting THEIR battles, NOT the PEOPLES battles. Get a CLUE.

And I was in the US Air Force for a considerable amount of time but unlike you, I HAVE A BRAIN and know that its not the "civilians" fault.

Take a HIKE.

edit on 16-3-2012 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

I am in military (UK) and have done 2 tours in Afghan, I have had nothing but support from the civies back home, (just look at the help the hero's campaign ) they are not the ones who do not support us, it's the damn goverment who froze our pay, sacked hundreds and are about to mess our pensions up.

I feel your anger, but every one here is getting the same treatment. The public do care but they are so wrapped up in there own problems with the same issues of no pay, getting sacked and also having their plans for old age destroyed, and they have the backing of the unions.

They care, the goverment screwed us.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB
You are not....

Why the hell should any of us put our lives on the line for any of you??..

You pay our wages??

You can stick your taxes where the sun does not shine!

Soldiering is a calling... If you are forced into it by conscription then that does not count..

In the west we are volunteers...

That may sound strange but an integral part of humanity has always had its soldiers..

Why??

Because it is a profession as much as becoming a carpenter, lawyer or doctor...

We are not brainless morons... Imagine having to get 28 guys from a to b without being seen or heard, using the ground to its best advantage, with one foot on the ground that covers the moves.. Then the reaction to effective enemy fire, locating the enemy, the assault; which is done out of sight of the enemy with the ground being used to best advantage..

Learning the weapons systems, navigation (not sat nav) using a map and compass.. Advanced first aid.. Advanced tactics.. language skills.. Survival in any conditions... Local customs and laws.. The list is endless.

My government always goes on about "the military covenant"

Which supposed to look after housing et al after service.. We get none of that.. And am just left for dead by our own country.. Same for the wounded.. Infact foreigners take priority..

That is the consensus amongst the troops..

Basically..

##SNIP##

We will look after you when you look after us...

It has been a long time coming...

And I for one agree..

edit on Thu Mar 15 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors – Please Review This Link.

Since when have soldiers fought for "the people?"

They fight for the powerful interests which control governments.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Pretty broken english for being a soldier in the UK Army.
I smell trollage.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
"In Haig's presence, Kissinger referred pointedly to military men as 'dumb, stupid animals to be used' as pawns for foreign policy."

-- Bob Woodward & Carl Bernstein, The Final Days, p. 208

And well, it is true. Now you may not be dumb or stupid yourself, you commit dumb and stupid acts for the gain of foreign policy and those who are in power. How about standing up and fighting for yourself before you fight for me? If you were all smart you'd stop and come together and end stupid acts....

Oh and us civilians are not abstain from stupidity....If we took our heads out from our asses we could accomplish some good but alas ...we are too lazy and pathetic to do such a thing.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join