It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soldiers: "You (civilians/countrymen) Are Not Worth Fighting For!!!"

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

I have a question, who asked you to fight for them? Probably not one person here asked you for anything. As you said, you voluntarily signed up for this so I guess you'll have to deal with the consequences of that decision.

I think you should be telling the powers above you, who don't give a # about you, that you won't fight for them anymore. I think the people, civilians, etc whatever, have been asking to stop the senseless wars for awhile now, nobody wants you to fight for anything.

If you really want to know what "they" think about you, watch this -

Mark Passio - Mockery of Police and Military by the Elite

Peace...

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Conscripts dont count? You just illegitimised the only generation of fighting men (World War Two) to have fought a legitimate war! Conscripted persons DO bloody well count thank you very much, and the grandfathers in my nation who were actually alive and fighting at the time, despite being less numerous through time, and being ancient themselves, would tear you in half for dismissing them in such an off hand manner. You should be ashamed of yourself for that.

Incidentally, although I think its sick that military personel do not get the provision they need, I also think that it is up to every individual to assume the worst of his government, or suffer the consequences of naivety. I really do not think a person should be allowed to fire a rifle in defense of his nation, unless he understands, from the day he signs up, that he is giving his nations governent carte blanche to screw him so hard that his head falls off.

If, when you joined, you did not know that you would get screwed by your government, then I can only say that perhaps this is darwin in action. You damned well SHOULD have known. I mean my god, have you never read any form of historical document? You would have to be a blithering simpleton to have missed the fact that governments ALWAYS screw thier military one way round or another.

Man up and take responsibility for your choices. If soldiering is such a worthy cause, you wont need paying off. You will think that no matter the crap it got you in personally , its been a good thing for you to do, and you will be proud of it, no matter what gutter you die in, or how many limbs you have when you go. If you think otherwise, its probably because deep down inside you know it wasnt the right thing to do, the right war to fight, and if you are honest in your heart, you know your own government need a far greater kicking than anyone you ever had to shoot in a battle ever did.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
As others have said, real classy bub.

It IS the little people you are supposed to protect. Get your head straight. People like you dont belong in the services. I suppose your ok with protecting the elite however? You do not have my respect, or anything else. Your obviously in the army for yourself and no one else. You claim to have spent a lifetime in the army, yet act like a spoiled child.

You blame the citizens that suffer from the PTB along side you, blaming us for your lack of housing? Grow the F up. You do realize honest, hard working civilians are suffering from these problems as well, right? Why do you deserve a home more than anyone else? Yeah, you fight, but as you say for you, its a carreer, nothing else. That means you work, save and buy, just like anyone else. If you dont like it, leave the service and join the working class, it obviously doesnt suit you and your angry little life.

Wow, that really got me fired up!
edit on 16-3-2012 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

It is truly sad that when I returned from WWII, I arrived home greeted by hordes of gracious men & women, ticker tape parades, and all the fan fare that came with returning as a "war hero"

The brave men and women that have fought, and even paid the ultimate price, for every subsequent war have been welcomed home with protests, taunts, and an atmosphere that treats a soldier as if they were a criminal.

Anyone who has served, for better or for worse, knows that every serviceman deserves respect. What war, what president, what branch of the military, what platoon.... matters little. Even the vets who regret ever signing up, (and there are many), would likely slap a civilian in the face if they went about talking about what war is, what it means, and whether or not we should be doing it. You just dont know....

I know war and violence and guns etc... are a controversial topic that everyone loves to debate. Whatever your beliefs are, the general public needs to...nay, MUST respect your servicemen.

I wish I was younger because I would go and kick the teeth out of those who take the time out of their life to go and protest during the burial and funeral of a fallen warrior. That is truly sickening. What has this world come to?

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

In the west we are volunteers...

So don't complain. You knew what you were getting into and if not it's not my job to protect you from your own stupidity.
edit on 16-3-2012 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
This is nothing new! When i was in the NAVY a decade ago I didn't do it for the American people or the American way of life. I did it for me, my family and my friends so that maybe, possibly we could find a way to stop all this meaningless war. I did it so that my children, my brothers children and my friends children would not have to know war(I was very naive) but, TPTB, as we all know will never stop war because it makes to much $$$$.

The only good news towards my efforts as an airman is that the younger generations are becoming more aware, more involved then my parents generation or even my own. That is the power of the Internet. As for us though we are screwed, always have been screwed and always will be screwed. Another American revolution must happen soon however I think it needs to be a global revolution in order to fully make the proper change.

To the OP I am with you brother but please do not forget who you really do it for and that is family. It is the only thing that keeps us going. FTUSPTB

edit on 16-3-2012 by scoodoo20 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I salute the OP and all soldiers! He is correct, soldiering is an honorable profession!

However, you've joined the wrong side. The side of nationalism, fear, retrogression, capitalist profiteers, and war-crazed hypermasculine exploitation. We need your talents in the coming battle - a battle of mind as well as of gun - the battle of the workers against their exploiters!

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Summed up by next post.
edit on 16-3-2012 by Xterrain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leftist
I salute the OP and all soldiers! He is correct, soldiering is an honorable profession!

However, you've joined the wrong side. The side of nationalism, fear, retrogression, capitalist profiteers, and war-crazed hypermasculine exploitation. We need your talents in the coming battle - a battle of mind as well as of gun - the battle of the workers against their exploiters!

I do quite agree with this.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
IMHO The USA has a socio-economic draft. No jobs for young people, so the Military starts to look mighty attractive. I can allmost hear the re-cruiter now" What you wanna do boy? Work at Walmart or be a soldier?

If all the ones that join for work & the ones that just want to further their education were'nt there. You would be pretty damn lonely. Which is worse, and out & out Draft of our young people. or a policy of "No future here can't find a job" Join the service.. Or the social stigma of not being employed and being young. Prime targets for re-cruiters. Who by the way have the most percentage of suicides in the armed forces.

Guilt weighs heavy on a callous mind. I could care, if you care. I did not ask you to do anything for me. The wars we wage you speak so highly of are at the onset "illegal". You telling US we're sheeple. Now that's the pot calling the kettle black.. The only orders I blindly follow, is the one's my wife barks at me all weekend long.

We're all privates, one way or another!.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

I would like to say Thank YOU!

Although I do not know for which country you enlisted, I want to thank you and every single soldier out there fighting for what is right. Do not confuse blindness with ungratefulness. Although I am not military, two of my best friends are vets and my Uncle was a a Seal. I have seen first hand what "fighting the good fight" does to people. You protect the weak and there is no shame in that. I understand why you all are getting so frustrated, I know all about the support you folks get.

Never lose sight of the fact that you enlisted because of your wish to protect the weak, keep freedoms and rights intact and live with Honor.

I guess it's kind of like having teenagers. As a parent, you get frustrated because they seem so ungrateful and no matter how much you try, they still don't get it.

No one likes violence, but it's thanks to you and other people like you that there is no violence on my front lawn!

Never mind the criticism, others are spewing words from the safety people like you help keep. Once these people have had to do some of the things soldiers have to do... I think there would be many running in cowardice.

So, from me and my family... Take care, stay safe and once again Thank YOU!

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

What is this? Is this you? Or a line from someone else?

I don't think anyone gives a crap what you think.

Yeah you don't choose the Military for the pay...everyone knows, the MAJORITY (not all) choose it because they have zero chance of achieving anything else in life. Poor academic history and easily brainwashed outside some high-school.

I was in the Armed Forces some years ago till I grew a brain and decided to leave for MONEY and go private instead. MONEY rules, not stupidity.

The military today is not what it was YEARS and decades ago. They used to have morals. NOW they are but workers for the elite.

Not that that is bad for some, but don't ask for praise you baby!! grow up. Wouldnt want YOU fighting for anything more than a cheeseburger. Spineless, asking for praise and help. The public cant help when they are getting screwed just as much as the military personnel.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB
You are not....

Why the hell should any of us put our lives on the line for any of you??..

You pay our wages??

Do you think that we become soldiers to "Get Paid"???

Nobody fights for us... Why should we fight for you??

That is the consensus amongst the troops..

Basically..

##SNIP##

We will look after you when you look after us...

It has been a long time coming...

And I for one agree..

edit on Thu Mar 15 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors – Please Review This Link.

So why are you fighting then?
Did anyone force u

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
AND WE DON'T WANT YOU TO FIGHT EITHER and don't say we won't be secure. You're fighting poor farmers in third world countries not Hitler who had a massive wealth of stolen goods and the national GDP of several countries he took over. Do we need a military to help keep us secure? Hell yes. Do we need a military to keep us secure against third world countries? No. I love the Military and I appreciate the service your people gave in WW2 , WW1 and The Revolutionary but what you are doing right now is not fighting Colonial England , You're being bullies beating up countries that have no chance of fighting back.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
You're not fighting for me, so please stop. Just put down the gun and walk away.

You are fighting for international corporate and banking interests, not Americans. You are doing nothing but making this world a worse place to live in. Stop it.
edit on 16-3-2012 by OrchusGhule because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I agree, but my agreement is based on opposition to any form of tax-funded military. It doesn't have my consent.

"I swear by my life, and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine."
- Ayn Rand

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Invariance
Never mind the criticism, others are spewing words from the safety people like you help keep. Once these people have had to do some of the things soldiers have to do... I think there would be many running in cowardice.

Except he doesnt want to help us, does he? He wants to spit on us and all civilians because he believes it is we who are not looking out for him and his mates, instead of TPTB who actually pull the strings. This man sickens me and makes me fear for the future of our Western armed forces.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Reptius

He's fighting so he can kill 16 women and their kids and still gets paid

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
To the OP....

If what you say in this thread is true then you have no reason to even be over there. The fact that you are bears no burden on my shoulders as my votes didn't send you there.

We're all slaves brother. I just chose to not dodge bullets for a living.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr

I admit that directing his outrage to civilians is misdirected, they have to take orders from the government who more and more seem war hungry... I can understand his anger. Then media finds fault with a lot of things they do, the media doesn't blame the government... they blame the soldiers. All over the internet, it seems easy for people to find fault with soldiers themselves. We all need to take these things up with politicians.

Sometimes it's hard to take a step back and see who the real 'bad guy' is.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join