It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Soldiers: "You (civilians/countrymen) Are Not Worth Fighting For!!!"

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

How long was you in? 5 minutes???

You are right.. many join to escape the dole, or whatever.. But they only stay in for a few years mostly.. People like myself are career soldiers who "felt the calling".. I did.. From a very early age there is only one thing I was ever going to do...

As people have said over and again on this site, they have no need for our protection nor wish us to fight for them

edit on 17-3-2012 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
"We are not brainless morons... "

..lol.. some of us who served know better.

Did the double dip.. served in the USMC reserves while working at a PD.

The PD required 100 applicants to hire 3.. in Ca on average 1 or 2 will survive the academy, field training, then earn a state issued "POST" certificate (Police Officers Standards & Training). Similar to major metro fire depts.

The Marines, military, take & keep just about everyone... some brighter than others, sure.. but compared to my PD/FD colleagues.. most guys in my reserve unit were retards and screw ups who couldn't pass the MMPI if their life depended on it... or pass a basic background check.

Many guys from my unit applied to the PD/FD and were rejected.. I used to hear them bitch on weekends about how hard and challenging it is to be in the military... how dare jobs with tough standards reject them!

Get over yourself..

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by GovtFlu

After reading your post, I think YOU need to get over YOURSELF!

CX

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB
reply to post by Amdusias

I have to add that at writing the op I was very pissed off and drunk.. Maybe not the best time to come on ATS!

I wouldn't worry about it, plenty here have done it before, and will do it again. At least you recognize that.

It's such a difficult one when it comes to military service, i do understand your frustrations and have been there myself. Put it this way, if i had the knowlegde i have now when i joined as a junior at 16, i'm not sure i'd have joined up.

Thing is, conflict is just a fraction of what the forces do, and i can sit happy with the knowledge that i spent more years doing good in my own country or garrisons than fighting unjust wars elsewhere.

Even in N. Ireland, whilst we could argue all day about if we should be there or not, the situation was as it was and if we hadn't done our job over there, i know of many many times that the UK civillians would have had to have dealt with a lot more horrific incidents. Even without the corrupt goverments sending us to war for money/resources/image, there will always be total nutjobs out there wanting do do harm to the people of our country. Thats where we are indeed needed, and you are more respected by the public than you think.

You only have to take a look at the Wooton Basset parades, and towns where their soldiers are returning or going off to war, there is most definately a lot of support for you guys. Not the government, but you guys, yes.

It sounds like you are serving still, yes? Judging by your current feelings, and i doubt they will improve, i would suggest trying to get into a different mindset, that of a more positive one in preparation to coming out into civvy street.

Start looking into resettlement courses and job options now, if you have the oppurtunity, start looking around for help groups in the area you wish to settle in. I don't mean things like mental health type stuff, i mean business help or ex-forces work help if you think you may need a bit of a hand with it. Start getting used to dealing with civillians and their organisations, there is a lot more help out there for you than you think.

If i had one tip for anyone either joining up or getting out.....use the army as much as they will use you! Whether that be resettlement courses to get a trade, qualifications to help when you get out, whatever. Use your remaining time to make the transision easier. I've seen the most hardened soldier no matter what rank struggle with civvy street. I remember being sat outside a workplace for 3 hrs scared stiff of handing my CV in because i'd never dealt with a civvyt interview before lol....i'd spent years dealing with some of the crappiest people on the planet and i was scared to hand a document in!

Life is what you make it, you are at an advantage that you have the strong attitude to tell life where to go if you don't like it. That goes for army service too, if it's not right for you any more and it starts effecting you, change it.

CX.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

It's a good job the nurses who had a calling too, will be there to care for you should anything happen to you. It's a good job the teachers are there who had the calling to teach or the police or fire men and women who had the calling to protect people.

Though when these people go on strike to protect their working conditions the right wing press like the Daily Mail demonise these workers and you have idiots like Jeremy Clarkson making jokes about lining them up and shooting them in front of their families.

So your not the only section of society to be ignored by governments. At least you still have the support of the media and establishment unlike other public funded jobs.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

How many nurses, teachers et al get shot at on a regular basis? Or blown up?

Totally different..

I respect nurses and other emergency services and know that they are under the cosh too.. I would never try to take anything away from them and know that they too deserve better

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   
I'd just like to say, (and I mean this from the bottom of the place crap like I'm about to say comes from), that if TSHTF here in the US, and the government turned on us Americans and declared Martial Law, or anything that would put the American population into restricted rights for ANY sort of fishy reason would be met by HEAVY HEAVY resistance from 85% or more of the armed forces.

I am Ex-Army myself, and I still talk to a LOT of my buddies to keep feelers out on current events, and have discussed at length with at least 80 soldiers I served with, not to mention at least another 80 in random LEO's, and other ex soldiers while at the VA or at the shooting range about EXACTLY this.

VERY few soldiers would harm our own population. Do some police departments get out of control ( Chicago and NY to name a few)? Yes, and they make smaller police forces look bad. BIG cities have the problem more because they have so many officers that it is hard to keep track of all of them, and they get lost in the system so to speak. (Easier to get away with, or at least it was, prior to every person on the planet having a video cell phone ^^

BUT, the fact still remains that at LEAST ( and I really do mean at LEAST) 85% of US forces will take OUR side if it came to a revolution. They are getting f***ed WAY harder than you in most cases as it is, and after 10+ years, most of em are just TIRED of getting crapped on in every way. Did you know that MANY soldiers coming back injured from overseas are not even asked or ALLOWED to stay in service? Its cheaper to just rehab em a little, give em a small settlement, and med-board them out. Its cheaper that way. This happened to ME. I got hurt, was given 3 months to "recover", was given 2700dollars, and ejected back to the CONUS, instead of being reassigned. I did not even get to stay to pack my own families belongings...( they had a "company" come to my house in Germany a week later and "pack" my stuff for me. And by pack, I mean completely demolish my families entire house contents.)

PS, I was a honorable discharge...not a criminal or dishonorable.

So, at the VERY least, all that aside, BE HAPPY and CONFIDENT knowing full well that even if all our forces DID come after us, you have hundreds of thousands of ex-soldiers that are A) Armed (most quite heavily) B) Very pissed off at the government, and C) just waiting till the time comes to stand up and defend not just themselves, but what the US USED to stand for.

WHY DO YOU THINK DOMESTIC TERRORISM IS SUCH A BIG ISSUE FOR THE FEDS? They are worried about all the many thousands and thousands of pissed off soldiers either currently serving, retired, or discharged, rising up and saying they have had enough of this domestic terrorism bull#. And you know what? They should be. Think about it. =)

edit on 17-3-2012 by koder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

It's such a difficult one when it comes to military service, i do understand your frustrations and have been there myself. Put it this way, if i had the knowlegde i have now when i joined as a junior at 16, i'm not sure i'd have joined up.

Im not sure either..

Was you at Shornecliffe??

Even in N. Ireland, whilst we could argue all day about if we should be there or not, the situation was as it was and if we hadn't done our job over there, i know of many many times that the UK civillians would have had to have dealt with a lot more horrific incidents. Even without the corrupt goverments sending us to war for money/resources/image, there will always be total nutjobs out there wanting do do harm to the people of our country. Thats where we are indeed needed, and you are more respected by the public than you think.

I spent 3+ years in NI so know what you are talking about bro.. I know that my service there saved lives..

You only have to take a look at the Wooton Basset parades, and towns where their soldiers are returning or going off to war, there is most definately a lot of support for you guys. Not the government, but you guys, yes.

Yes... Funny how the government changed all that hey??

Im not going into my current situation except to say that I will be off again soon... Thanks for your advice though bruv..

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALostAlien
KILL THE SHEEP AND THE ONES WHO WILL NOT EVOLVE

Go Hitler! Who are you to judge?

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Dude, most of us agree. You do deserve better. We all do. You do the work and we slave away to pay for it all. The benefit of our sacrifice is not ours. It goes to a few jerks who have no allegiance to their native countries and really are international criminals with deep pockets.

I am sorry if I came off as adversarial. You were kind of being a drunk scum bag. In all fairness I have been there too. I can't talk isht because I have done worse.

You have to realize though, as fed up with it as you are, we are as well. Together we can take back our respective countries. We will need people like yourself to stand up one last time but for the right reasons.

True patriots defending their people not their governments.

I hope you have a good day and a not so long a hang over.

Remember we are as one. We are no different, just two unique sides to the same coin. Your people and you are the same. Defend them. They would do so for you as well. Don't doubt that. We would all die for each other because we would all die to defend our nations for the most part.

One day, either us or our children or grand kids will have to answer the calling of the patriot. They will have to face incredible odds. The only way they will succeed is if people like you and me instill in them the love for their fellow man and teach them to live with honor so as to see the injustice planned for them. We must do what our parents failed to do for us.

If you don't have kids then at least pass on the notion to your countrymen that you are all one people and together all is possible. I know you are tired and have been used like a soda can and thrown away once empty.
I say there is still fight left in you and enough to make the first step at least to taking back our nations.

Hold it down brother. We the people are in your boots too. Together we are unbeatable. You don't march that lonely path alone. I for one will follow any man that walks in truth to his calling. If you are a warrior then I honor you.

Remember the most important thing always. You are a man first and a soldier second. A warrior is a warrior weather he lives in peace or war. Either one does not define you.

You are the warrior that obeyed his leaders call to war. Be the warrior that makes his people´s war his own.
Chose our war not theirs.

P.S.
It must suck to wake up with a hangover and find a whole thread full of people going ape isht on you. LOL. At least this is digital, unless the festivities spilled over into the real world.

edit on 17-3-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   
As a citizen, if our government told me/citizens that in America, in order for us to sustain our status quo our way of living we must have these horrific wars, these futile engangements, the taking over of other governments cause this is what we do to sustain this government..Hell not one citizen in this country would resist the call to arms/war...would be no need for talk of a draft...But this cloak and dagger shyt....spying on it's citizens would end over night..Tell the truth and see how strong and united this country could really be We all may be from different countries but this is where we represent...Any sustainable government on this planet would loose its bowels having a dream of attacking us....I'm just saying

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
OP this thread is BS

Sorry, its just incorrect, and misleading so i made a response www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by xMoralDeclinex

i concur. if anybody had say in how iraq went down, it was that bush guy tricycling around the whitehouse with a propeller hat on. if we're not worth fighting for then another topic would be more dynamic. i think this has an above 50% chance of trolling for anybody getting their dander up about possible military corruption. if the people actually could have voted they would have voted for some investigating, some impeaching, some arrests of a bunch of geckos in human skin

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Nite_wing

I Don't Need For You To Thank Me For My Service.....That Would Be Like a Shoeless Idiot Saying" Nice Shoes'......While I Was Protecting You Or Something That Looks Like You, You Wouldn't Keep An Eye On The Government That Sent Me To Places To Protect You.....You want To Thank Me, Go To A Veterans Home And Talk To The WW2 Vets, Korea, Viet Nam.......Or Give Me a 20......Your Words Ring Hollow To me Now

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by starbrander
You Wouldn't Keep An Eye On The Government That Sent Me To Places To Protect You....

We all have a responsibility to deal with corrupt government.

Many of us have become Lawful Rebels. Because the governments of the world are largely useless we no longer consent to anything they say. The Lawful part is we behave Lawfully. No harm, theft, fraud or damage.

Because Lawful Rebellion is so effective there is a huge amount of misdirection and complication. It's really quite simple.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Sounds like your chosen proffesion has let you down so why have a go at the rest of us sour grapes maybee ?

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I must add to my original response that I mean no dishonour to anyone that has died in the military. I respect everyone who died working to advance society and to earn money for their families and for their own advancement. Bless you all.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by darthdamo74

You are damn right there are sour grapes..

Not only has the bought and paid for scum governments voted in by you guys have let us down

Dishonoured our service by sending us to war based on lies and greed.

But we get the double whammy of being hated by our own countrymen who put us in those wars by their votes in the first place!

Then when we leave service we are left for dead.. It is not so bad now, but even still, in terms of relative population, there are large proportions of us homeless and in prison because of insufficiant resettlement..

Leaving the forces is not just like leaving a job.. It is almost like leaving a cult.. We are institutionalised.. Like fishes out of water.. It takes years to adjust to civvy street and some, especially those with PTSD habe very great difficulty..

Even the way we talk to people has to change and the way we interact with others..

Imagine that, being left for dead and being hated on by the very people you gave your all for..

Then compound that by the realisation that you were being lied too..

On a personal level my thought processes have had to change from idealistic patriotic service for my country, to one of just serving my fellow soldier just to stay sane..

And it still fking hurts!

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

Stop blaming everyone else dude, it's your government too you know.....

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

You are correct

We are all to blame..

Not just for our service, but we have also not taken care of you either..

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join