It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eureka! I think Ifinally understand why people say there is no objective reality only subjective rea

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
The only time that exists is NOW. The past is just a memory (imagery in the mind), not something that is actually existent, it's forever gone. The future is just a prediction (imagery in the mind), it can never exist. Once it gets here it is now, and then it erases. Any moment that is not NOW, is NON-EXISTENT!

It only exist as memories, or imagery in the mind...

That being said, since the only time that exists is NOW, people are free to believe whatever they want!

If we find an ancient pyramid underneath the ground, with so-called evidence of how old it is and who lived there, we don't actually KNOW if it is really that old, or if it just happen to olden really fast. All we know is that it exists NOW, what people think the pyramid could have been a long time ago, is just a memory, even if it did happen that way it doesn't matter because it is erased in time and we can only be sure that the remains exist, since they are here NOW.

So if you want to believe that the pyramid was used for aliens or people or kings and queens or whatever, they are all equally valid.

Sure, we may have evidence to the contrary but that evidence exist NOW, anything that we 'assume' the evidence is supporting is just speculation since we can not ABSOLUTELY be sure.

Here is the point I am trying to make

The only time that exists is now, the past and the future don't exist, they are just imagery in the mind. Even evidence and artifacts exist NOW and we can only speculate about how old they are and what theory it supports, therefore, you can believe whatever you want about any past event since it doesn't matter. The past is erased and the only thing that exists is now, so why not just believe whatever you want.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Cool thread, but

If we find an ancient pyramid underneath the ground, with so-called evidence of how old it is and who lived there, we don't actually KNOW if it is really that old, or if it just happen to olden really fast.

There are plenty of techniques used that are accurate at predicting the age of something. For example, trees have rings, most things....all things are made up of carbon. A small portion of this is C14 which is an unstable radioactive isotope, it disintegrates at a steady known rate. So they basically measure how much c14 is still present and use a formula to determine the age of whatever it is....Carbon dating

You are right though, we live in the now, not in the past or future. But we know the past happened, and we know the future is ahead

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Good to see someone doing some deep thinking.

That's where the say comes from: Yesterday is History - Tomorrow is a Mystery.

As above post says - history leaves it's marks.

We live in the Now and it comes in slices of moments.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

Carbon Dating is not true, and "can't be trusted" from some people's perspective/reality.

Remember, the only thing that exists is now. Science is systematic, it ONLY studies the past and makes predictions about the future. It can't study the now. Once it gathers data it becomes the past, things are always changing and yet they are never, because only now exists.
edit on 13-3-2012 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
You need the past for pattern recognition.

Cool theory but everyone is kind of stuck on stupid with it.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   
The Now is but a fleeting moment, as George Carlin said, the now doesn't exist, there is only the direct futur and the recent past

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I agree with the OP, the now is always here to stay and never leaves. It only leaves when you decide to leave thinking outside the now. Everything is witnessed in the moment and it is the moment that is recorded, the past cannot nor can the future.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I agree with the OP, the now is always here to stay and never leaves. It only leaves when you decide to leave thinking outside the now. Everything is witnessed in the moment and it is the moment that is recorded, the past cannot nor can the future.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

There is a really advanced area of quantum physics that relates to psychology that I studied. It relates to Shcrodinger's Cat, which you should read first. Keep in mind this part is real science.

This school of thought, which is still developing, suspects that if you see a car drive by your house, and are unaware of the driver, the driver might not actually exist until you find out who he was in the future. Well, the driver exists, but multiple possibilities of the driver exist based on what you know. And, what is even stranger, if you find out he was Fred in the future, Fred was in the car. But you could also find out that Martha was in the car, and then it would change the past accordingly.

This is the kind of thing I am interested in researching more in the future, but anyway, just wanted to throw that out there to think about. In the meantime, it's probably best to assume the past existed one way, it makes for a lot easier time.
edit on 13-3-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
I still don't understand how your conclusion has anything to do with subjective reality and objective reality...

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Congratulations! You are closing in on the only truly important knowledge for mankind; that which brings about the end of knowledge. But do not confuse this 'revelation' to mean you can just start believing whatever you want, that is delusional. This is ok though, it is normal. The mind has had a peak at its own destruction and now it is going to try and lead you on a 'wild goose chase' full of ideas and theories to distract you from what it doesn't want to happen, its dissolution. Don't attach any importance to these theories, just watch them flow past as everything else does.

Peace and good luck!

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

We accept and believe that the past happened and the future will happen in some way similar to the present. We do not, however, know. The only thing we may ever know is our own existence, the rest is simply what we believe and accept as truth, hence why reality is entirely subjective.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

ur theory is individualist but not true, when truth is never one

what is before is always more existing truly, when truth is first and last of being the exclusive absolute present growth constancy

what is after is what is the most superior right now, so only superior right of now matters positively and nothing else matters negatively

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

A lot of research, meditation and some wild guesses has led me to an interesting model: conscious reality is generated by the interplay of the base probability field and computational processes applied to a "rounding" of these probabilities to ones and zeros (which many, many layers later add up to the collapse of the wave function). To realise just how incredibly basic computational processes are, read Stephen Wolfram's "A new kind of science". He IS almost as intelligent as what he thinks he is

This suggests that the modelling part, where the past and e future is so useful, is mainly useful for asking the right question. The base substrate, the probability field, the quantum field, the universe, you can even all it God if you like, does what quantum computers do well: give an optimal answer that is as good as your question. If your question sucks, you get 42. It's an error message.

Taking your consciousness to NOW is a habit that eventually allows you to directly experience the probability field. All perceiving entities, which nest for many layers, up and down, takes part in this. Any entity can expand or contract his/hers/its/XXs definition of self. (the practical measure of self is "what is being optimised for?")

I'd hazard a guess that if all entities focused their whole consciousness on the now, the whole of what we call reality would dissolve. And the universe has enough of a sense of humour that Douglas Adams' prophesy might come true that in that moment, everything changes and starts new, just a bit more complicated. It's also unlikely that the current level of complexity is the first attempt at this

Taking the now vacation is essential to build a balance. Building a model that can eventually describe the whole is the game. It may be the only game in town, if you ask Neil Gaiman. Stopping the game in the middle is for quitters, hehehehe. Building only either competency is ok, as long as you find a partner that can provide the other half of whatever duality you fancy. On average, as humans, on earth, right now, we're a tad logic heavy. And in computers we have a fantastic logical support, so go work on the meditation. Zen FTW!

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Also, we're in our own private rooms, to some extent and everything around us is a prop. We don't even know if the family we're with are already through and connecting to these past clips of themselves to try and help us in our tests or free our consciosness so we can raise our frequency and sidestep any karma or traps, but learn the lessons, and help out and leave. We can't treat them as if they're partly perceptions, of course, but its so tailored to the person, and not even real, more like a dream. And that is our objective reality, which is merely perception, even the shared, more objective parts, well, what are they?

When the cme hit two days ago, that evening, had an experiences and in the end everything around me looked like it was a prop, a movie set, a board game, but arranged in semi private rooms that overlapped, and we were really overseeing, a field above the entire thing, or looking in, a larger energy than the universe and this was one segment of our consciousness here in this school, learning.
edit on 13-3-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Sometimes arpgme I feel there are creations that really feel this way due to them not being able to process the past and future. It gets confusing though when you think about the past like 10 minutes before I posted this comment was that not now and REALITY and not imagined even though its in the past over 10 minutes ago and can be recorded??? If there are creations who think this way maybe they are being blocked intentionally by some hidden force to prevent their wills from seeking out their past or considering their future. Also the future I am thinking what I am going to type NOW but my thoughts for the next word are in the future is that not REALITY or considered imaginary also? So I dont know how this can not be proof of time existing beyond now and before now outside of NOW.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
The entire universe including the space between atoms is over 99% empty space. All of that virtually non-existent matter that you see prevalent all around you is only seen as substantial because it is below your relative size. The only thing that makes matter seem like anything is consciousness, and in fact, without consciousness, the universe could not be said to exist at all. But besides that, it is consciousness that declares that that virtually non-existent matter is actually something substantial, when in fact, it is not.

So my theory, is that perhaps, matter actually doesn't exist. All that exists is consciousness which has made us believe that matter does exist. But the matter that we have believed that exists is the consciousness saying it exists.

So really, everything is subjective. But we exist relatively positioned within consciousness so that there is subjectivity and objectivity. Being that there is nothing that is really "external" to our true self, that objectivity only exists relatively because we, as subjective individuals are positioned "within the matrix".

There is an ultimate form though. This ultimate form is fully subjective, so that for it, there is no perceived external reality and all is fully recognized as internal. However, objective reality does exist for it, but it is one that is not yet formed. It is open ended. This ultimate form's objective reality is a blank canvas awaiting the ultimate form's paint brush.

The ultimate form is light. Everything exists relative to light. Light is not subject to any observation, and as such is the only thing qualified to be called, "the ultimate form". Beyond the edge of the universe, there is nothing but emptiness, but the light is shining in all directions filling empty space at 300,000 km/s with the universe's glory saying, "I am".

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

We are living in the past, if you consider the time it takes for our bodies to 'compute and process' our here and now moment. Okay, it's god knows how many fractions of a second, but there is a delay.

We are all living in the past to some degree.

edit on 13-3-2012 by JonoEnglish because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Humans see the world inside out. They think the world is fixed and that they move. Really you never move because you are always here and you are always now, if you don't believe me you can check it out for yourself. Over the next few days whenever you remember ask yourself 'is it now in my experience? Am i here in my experience?' When you are in a car and the car is moving, are you moving or is the road and scenery moving?

This is Peter Brown with a questioner explaining it much better than me:
youtu.be...
Go to 3.00.
edit on 13-3-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
Humans see the world inside out. They think the world is fixed and that they move. Really you never move because you are always here and you are always now, if you don't believe me you can check it out for yourself. Over the next few days whenever you remember ask yourself 'is it now in my experience? Am i here in my experience?' When you are in a car and the car is moving, are you moving or is the road and scenery moving?

This is Peter Brown with a questioner explaining it much better than me:
youtu.be...
edit on 13-3-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

Only consciousness exists. Everything else just seems to exist because consciousness makes it so.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join