It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eureka! I think Ifinally understand why people say there is no objective reality only subjective rea

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme

The only time that exists is now, the past and the future don't exist, they are just imagery in the mind. Even evidence and artifacts exist NOW and we can only speculate about how old they are and what theory it supports, therefore, you can believe whatever you want about any past event since it doesn't matter. The past is erased and the only thing that exists is now, so why not just believe whatever you want.

Not according to Einstein’s theory of relativity and quantum physics.

Time is not dynamic, it is static. The past, present and future all exist in the same construct. We experience the passage of time due to entropy.

Experimental data seems to confirm this as well.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Blarneystoner

Again:

The only thing that exists is now. The rest is just imagery and speculation of the mind. Science is systematic, it ONLY studies the past and makes predictions about the future. It can't study the now. Once it gathers data it becomes the PAST, things are always changing and yet they are never, because only now exists.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Again:

The only thing that exists is now. The rest is just imagery and speculation of the mind. Science is systematic, it ONLY studies the past and makes predictions about the future. It can't study the now. Once it gathers data it becomes the PAST, things are always changing and yet they are never, because only now exists.

According to you, but I don't think you're an expert on the subject.

I prefer to believe those who have put years and years into the study of Time/Space and have actually performed experiments.

Here's some links for you to check out and enlighten yourself.

Retrocausality

Influencing the past

Time reversed human experiment

Back from the Future

Experimental evidence, quantum physics and Einstein's theory of relativity says you are wrong. I'll take my chances with those guys before I believe some random dude on the internet

NOVA's "The Fabric of the Cosmos - The Illusion of Time"

You really don't have a clue so don't pretend like you do.
edit on 13-3-2012 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Don't take anyones word for it, investigate it yourself. Don't believe, find out, have a closer look.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

Don't take anyones word for it, investigate it yourself. Don't believe, find out, have a closer look.

I AM investigating. Good lord man... you didn't even bother to look at the information I provided. Instead, you'll just come to your conclusions based upon your extremely limited knowledge and lack of understanding.

Whatever...

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

I'm not here to change everyone's opinions because I know some people are deeply trapped in their belief systems....

Science is systematic, once it collects data it becomes PAST not NOW, it can also predict the FUTURE which is also just imagery in the mind. Only now is actual.

edit on 13-3-2012 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

I'm not here to change everyone's opinions because I know some people are deeply trapped in their belief systems....

Science is systematic, once it collects data it becomes PAST not NOW, it can also predict the FUTURE which is also just imagery in the mind. Only now is actual.

Honestly, you should read up on the subject. The only way you can engage in debate about any topic is to understand both sides of the argument. The theories and ideas which spring forth from modern physics are more amazing than any speculations you might put forth.

Damn this place has really taken a turn for the worse. Someone starts a post basically saying; "This is what I know" and provides no evidence, no experimental data, no theory, no nothing except their word. And everyone just jumps right in saying oh "I agree! Because it sounds right to me!" and if anyone has the balls to say; "well I don't think you're right and here's why" providing links to: experimental data. theories, and evidence from well respected persons of various disciplines and the only response is to say something like "look into it yourself"

Do you have any idea how friggin lame that is?

Your little spiel about science makes no damn sense at all. Have you considered that the difference between your beliefs and science is something called "PEER-REVIEWED OBJECTIVITY?" It's a facet of the scientific method which made the invention of the computer you're typing on possible.

Where have all the great members from the past gone? I need to find that forum fast.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blarneystoner
Damn this place has really taken a turn for the worse. Someone starts a post basically saying; "This is what I know" and provides no evidence, no experimental data, no theory, no nothing except their word. And everyone just jumps right in saying oh "I agree! Because it sounds right to me!" and if anyone has the balls to say; "well I don't think you're right and here's why" providing links to: experimental data. theories, and evidence from well respected persons of various disciplines and the only response is to say something like "look into it yourself"

Evidence and experimental data are data of the PAST, but the past no longer exists, only now exists. This is not opinion this is fact. I'm not saying "look into it yourself" because there is nothing to look into, it is self evident. You KNOW that you exist NOW and you KNOW that you can only see the past and the future in your MIND, it is imagery, illusion. Only NOW is real. Pictures, Data, Evidence are things that REFER to the PAST, not this present MOMENT.

Your little spiel about science makes no damn sense at all. Have you considered that the difference between your beliefs and science is something called "PEER-REVIEWED OBJECTIVITY?" It's a facet of the scientific method which made the invention of the computer you're typing on possible.

You are using science in order to prove science. That's a circular argument. The only time that exists is now, date and evidence are things that exist NOW but they don't refer to NOW they refer to the PAST when the data was collected. Once the data is collected it is not happening now, it is past...

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

I am not talking about information provided, i am saying look for yourself.
Is it ever not now in your experience?

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

The short answer is "yes, it is NEVER 'now' in my experience." By the time my brain processes and filters thousands of bits of information from various stimuli, NOW has already passed!!! So, essentially we are all living in the past, because "now" has already passed by the time a brain can actually process it. So.... look for yourself and use some logic for a change.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Evidence and experimental data are data of the PAST, but the past no longer exists, only now exists. This is not opinion this is fact. I'm not saying "look into it yourself" because there is nothing to look into, it is self evident. You KNOW that you exist NOW and you KNOW that you can only see the past and the future in your MIND, it is imagery, illusion. Only NOW is real. Pictures, Data, Evidence are things that REFER to the PAST, not this present MOMENT.

You are using science in order to prove science. That's a circular argument. The only time that exists is now, date and evidence are things that exist NOW but they don't refer to NOW they refer to the PAST when the data was collected. Once the data is collected it is not happening now, it is past...

You make absolutely no sense whatsoever.....

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Good luck with this theory. Or whatever it is.

Y'know, it's weird, but I read it, and then I went back and reread parts of it, but I guess I didn't really read it at all, since right now I'm not reading it. So, as far as your own theory about time is concerned, the truth is that you never wrote this description of it because you're not writing it right now.

So what's going on here, anyway?
edit on 3/13/2012 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

You seem very sure for someone that has obviously been searching for some sort of worldview the past week judging by the threads you have been making.

I can say that besides no past and future there also is no now. Time is a concept of the human brain.

There is only potential and consciousness. Like other poster have pointed out sciences like Quantum Physics are backing this up.

I also don´t see what it has to do with the title.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
reply to post by arpgme

Sometimes arpgme I feel there are creations that really feel this way due to them not being able to process the past and future. It gets confusing though when you think about the past like 10 minutes before I posted this comment was that not now and REALITY and not imagined even though its in the past over 10 minutes ago and can be recorded??? If there are creations who think this way maybe they are being blocked intentionally by some hidden force to prevent their wills from seeking out their past or considering their future. Also the future I am thinking what I am going to type NOW but my thoughts for the next word are in the future is that not REALITY or considered imaginary also? So I dont know how this can not be proof of time existing beyond now and before now outside of NOW.

It is proof. That said, it'll be a cold day in hell before anyone admits that 10 minutes before they read your post, now did exist and was replaced repeatedly by a procession of nows that also existed. Time is actually very easy to prove and it takes a PhD in theoretical physics to manufacture an argument complicated enough to cause some people to question its existence.

That definitely tells you something about whether Time does or doesn't exist.
edit on 3/13/2012 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

How would you prove the existance of time outside of human perception then?

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I once had someone tell me that the only thing that actually was NOW was a photograph. It was because you actually captured the moment. Otherwise, every second that passes is just a memory and no longer existed. A photograph was the only reality. Im still trying to make sense of that one lol

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

The short answer is "yes, it is NEVER 'now' in my experience." By the time my brain processes and filters thousands of bits of information from various stimuli, NOW has already passed!!! So, essentially we are all living in the past, because "now" has already passed by the time a brain can actually process it. So.... look for yourself and use some logic for a change.

You think like this because you are stuck in your belief system of science... Whatever you perceive NOW is actual, anything else is just imagery or memory.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
can things be done now to change later?

you live in a tribe, we are trying to survive,,,,, you go fish,, you go come up with ways to make good shelters,, you figure out how to create clothing,,,, multiply by thousands of years,,,,,, ways of learning and harnessing information,,,,, who the freak cares what you want to label these expanses of time,, or if they physically exist,,,,, the entire process of the universe is happening, it has happened, and will happen,,,, we can break this process up in many ways,,,,,, we exist on earth in a real time current now moment,, all the events of the past brought us here, universally, and earthly,,,,,,

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi
can things be done now to change later?

No. Whatever is happening now is already happening now, therefore it can not be changed now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join