It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eureka! I think Ifinally understand why people say there is no objective reality only subjective rea

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien
reply to post by arpgme

Sounds like you had a Zen moment.

"Now" is all we have. Easterners (Buddhism and Hinduism) realize that. They live in the moment. They breathe in the moment.

We Westerners are too busy making money to even care to teach that.

Be Here Now.
Scrabble that up a bit to get:
Be No Where.

It's all subjective after all.

PS. Olden? Never quite heard it put that way but I knew where you were going

Hinduism is extremely diverse and there are many different doctrines and traditions. Hindus believe in a timeless universe where time is NOT linear. Hindu tradition says that everything that happens has already happened and will happen again.

According to Hinduism, Time is God and God is infinite. God is timeless, for time is relative and ceases to exist in the Absolute. The past, the present and the future coexist in him simultaneously.

This is exactly what modern Quantum physics theory says and what I have been trying to help others to understand.
edit on 14-3-2012 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by absolutely
reply to post by bastardo

no i dont think so, all sciences are pointing my direction

u dont seem to recognize time value in truth, the major source is constancy

the more a sequence is the same, the more it is a source of objective positive superiority

the value of time is not the time itself but the constant fact out of all times which point the true existence sense in positive superiority always realms

Could you make a coherent post, with your exact theory and how it is supported by science? I´m sorry but again I have no idea what you are trying to say. What´s a positive superiority always realm?

Please explain how time exists in physics outside of human perception. What law of physics is bound by time?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

At least someone else gets it.

Unfortunately not many do.... but it's understandable. It's extremely difficult to imagine stepping outside the confines of a percieved linear progression of time. But, as you have pointed out, there are no restrictions in physics as to the direction of time.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by bastardo
reply to post by absolutely

I see, we´re on a different page, but that´s ok.

I believe there is nothing but consciousness, reality is a mere figment of its imagination, particles solidify into matter because of consciousness.

Quantum sciences are pointing in that direction.

So very true.

If a tree falls in the woods, does it make a sound if no one is there to hear it? I think the answer is no. The tree, the woods, the fall, the "sound" are merely interference patterns in the fabric of space/time.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Blarneystoner

Indeed, there is even a Quantum experiment, a variant of Wheelers delayed choic exp. wich lets the experimenters alter the way a particle behaved in the past from the present.

Crazy, mindboggling stuff.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   

So the tree only appears when there is someone there, but they have to be there in the present tense. The tree will not appear in the past or the future but only when consciousness is present.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
The tree wouldn't be there if there was nothing conscious of it, but that's because everything is consciousness.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

I know that. I was asking the question to Blarneystoner who believes the past and future exist, he believes it is never now.
edit on 14-3-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

So the tree only appears when there is someone there, but they have to be there in the present tense. The tree will not appear in the past or the future but only when consciousness is present.

No, in this theory there is no past, present of future, you´re still thinking from a human perception standpoint. There is no time just various levels of consciousness.

But I see what you mean and I said earlier in this thread that you could see consciousness as the present, the now, if you insist on putting a timeline on it.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Please, Please, Please watch this video. Skip forward to chapter 4. It will help you understand.

Nova - Illusion of Time.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Past and future only 'exist' in the mind. Now is present always in 'reality'.
Be aware that you are alive presently where your body resides and know that the mind tells stories.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

I can't watch the video unfortunately it is not in 'my region', i would if i could. The title though says it all. Time is an illusion.
Time is an illusion because everything appears presently. Where ever I am appearances appear. I have to be present for any 'thing' to be seen or known, it can not appear without me.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

If you mean NOW as the expression of consciousness experiencing existance I agree.

If you mean NOW as an expression of time I don´t agree, cause time does not exist outside of human perception.

Time is an illusion because everything appears presently.

Paradox much? Is presently not a function or expression of time?
edit on 14-3-2012 by bastardo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

I know that. I was asking the question to Blarneystoner who believes the past and future exist, he believes it is never now.

Do not put words into my mouth. I never said that now does not exist.

What I said was; Anyone's perception of now is ALWAYS in the past. As was pointed out earlier, by the time my brain or yours processes any moment in time, it has already passed. So, logically, our perception of NOW is always in the past.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Now is just another name for presence. This presence is aware. Aware of all 'things' that appear. You are the now.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

The past and future don't exist because existence happens in the present. However, memories exist as well as planning.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

My mistake, you actually said "yes, it is NEVER 'now' in my experience."
Ok, so you believe you are never now, and that you only ever know the past.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

The past and future don't exist because existence happens in the present. However, memories exist as well as planning.

This is an extremely narrow minded point of view and is based upon your limited perceptions. Do not trust your senses, they will fool you.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
The mind will not accept the truth, it will fight the truth because the truth will end the minds reign, the mind will be dethroned. The mind is running the show when it lives in time. God is running the show when this delusion is seen through. A bright new world shall be unveiled when the presence is felt.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

The past and future don't exist because existence happens in the present.

If past and future don´t exist, how can the present exist. Present would be the result of the past en the cause of the future. They either all exist or none of them exist.

I say none of them exist. There is only consciousness experiencing existance.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join