It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eureka! I think Ifinally understand why people say there is no objective reality only subjective rea

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blarneystoner

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Originally posted by bastardo
reply to post by smithjustinb

Ironic that you can´t see that this is exactly what we´re talking about.

Maybe you should pay attention and learn something.

Maybe you should go ____ your____. Fill in the blanks however you'd like.

The point of this thread is not whether or not the past and future exists, its about which form of reality (objective or subjective) is more true, or if there is even a such thing as objective reality.

I don't see how talking about time is going to solve that riddle.

Listen... you're way out of line.

No. You're out of line.

The first sentence of this thread and the premise of the argument is this: "The only time that exists is NOW"

The title is "Eureka! I think Ifinally understand why people say there is no objective reality only subjective rea"

There are plenty of people, including myself that do not accept that premise as being valid.

But it doesn't have anything to do with what this thread is actually about, so who cares?

If you have a problem with it then GO AWAY!

edit on 14-3-2012 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

No.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Do you understand the structure of an argument? Not a conflict, but an argument which demonstrates a proof of a statement.

There are two main parts:

1. Premise - is a statement or group of statements designed to support another statement which is normally the conclusion.
2. Conclusion - Is drawn from the premise(s).

In order for the conclusion to be accepted, the premise must be valid.

It's really not that difficult.

So, if the conclusion of this thread is that there is no objective reality and there is only subjective reality; and the premise is that there is only "Now", in order for the conclusion to be accepted as valid, the premise must be valid.

See... that's not so hard to follow, is it?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Maybe you should go ____ your____. Fill in the blanks however you'd like.

Pet your dog?

Spank your monkey?

Fill in your blanks?

Wipe your tears?

Cry to your momma?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

And besides that, arguiing if time exists or not is about objective and subjective reality.

In subjective reality time exists, in objective reality it doesn´t, if you want to talk in those terms.

The fact that our discussion doesn´t fit your preconceived notion doesn´t mean it is not valid.

That´s why I said you should pay attention and maybe learn something. Remember you started with the attitude.

Now go DO your HOMEWORK.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
time is a word used to describe the change of reality,,,,,,, does time exist? does the universe change?

to prove the past........ Your parents met to create you,,,,,, this happened before now,,,,,, the past arrangement of the universe has existed

does the size of a football field exist whether we create a measurement and measure it or not?

does the earth revolve around the sun in a quantifiable fashion whether we measure this event in a quantifiable fashion?

can you do nothing in a day, or many things............ can you do many many many things in many days..... multiplied with many minds,, and time can be just the right medium for turning specs of minerals into skyscrapers, computers, and spaceships..
edit on 14-3-2012 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by bastardo
What´s a positive superiority always realm?

well u seem to believe that noone can see ur face, while it is the most clear of all here

yea sure consciousness experiencing existence, u have no respect to anything in the name of whatever ur crazy head wants to identify everything as ur god experiencing all, just to include urself trankilo being experienced service

hey mister, positive superiority is no sorcellery, it is normal existence stuff u know, o right u dont know

let me explain it to ur goddish freaky kind of head

things that u see exist really, and noone is stupid so everything evolve normally, we call it positive superiority realms just to mean it absolutely so there cant b a place for ur kind here

the only mystery that noone will ever get, is why dont u get out and imagine ur stuffs as u want with ur gods, u will have all the space there for, here is all busy dont u see ? well keep the secret safe i dont want to know the end is coming anyways

and for the time issue not being to human perception at all, on the contrary humans cant see time like u that is why u cant consider its true value, as u said, for u time is ur clock for a date or watever so never about urself
nor any objective perspective, and as u showed ur mind ways always walking over everything and all by repeating same thought

existence has nothing to do with conscious, while all to true freedom realisations which is necessarily always existing differently especially when realities are also free so the add value is certain to assert existence in superiority realms as the only way

keep repeating the word consciousness to please urself will in staying still meaning easy knowledge through ur god guarantees to get it all at the end

i cant wait to see that either

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by absolutely

Thanks for clearing that up.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Retracted...

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
holy hell, there is some bad philosophy going on in here. OP, when in coming up with your "only NOW exists" principle did you show how reality was subjective and not objective?(uh, no) Also, you actually made an objective claim. You saw the present is all that exists, a dogmatic claim that is going in the complete opposite direction of subjectivity. Ok so, some people are inclined to indeed say that reality is of a subjective nature(can I say that; subjective nature?). They do this because of ideas in skepticism, problem of criterion, solipsism, etc. They say there is reason to admit an 'matters of fact' in regards to the universe. Alas, you did admit a matter of fact, that has not solved the problem of criterion by the way, and somehow came up with a subjective reality conclusion. Sorry if Im being a downer but, you will have to go further than this to come up with something of validity. Hey guys, don't BREAK philosophy.
edit on 03/23/2012 by oftheacademia because: grammer

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Yea guys, don't break my illusion! I quite like it and I'm not done playing around in it! Geez...

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by LifeIsEnergy

I THINK you just called philosophy an illusion? albeit through an ad hominem, free standing, dogmatic claim. We digress, ok, you called philosophy; simply defined as the study or quest of knowledge-an illusion. I beg you not to make such rash accusations against the greatest minds and ideas we have been blesses with, furthermore to not hold you 'illusion' holding more existence or merit than anyone else's 'illusion'. Tis obviously dangerous, especially when addressing ones grounded more in the senses. Concluding, please rebuttal my former post as give myself liberation from another illusion.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by bastardo

This is/I am/the universe is/god is/i am that.
Thought you might like Peter Browns take on this isness.
youtu.be...
edit on 24-3-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by oftheacademia

Sir, as Socrates once stated, "the only worthwhile knowledge is the knowledge that brings an end to the search for knowledge". The philosophical mind, the scientific mind, the religious mind, the atheistic mind, the ideological mind, are all equally neurotic. And what are they all endlessly searching for, sir? A solution, an end to a problem, right? But with these minds there is no end, there is always more searching and prodding and doubting for them to do. They create the problem to solve it, but there is never an end to the problems, and so the hamster wheel continues to spin on and on and on and on and on and on...

The fragmentation (divisions, conflicts, problems) continues to multiply endlessly because they never stop searching, and yet they cannot stop searching for knowledge because they perceive so much fragmentation.

(Oh and before you get all excited and defensive on me, "knowing something" and the "search for knowledge" are two different things, one has an end and the other does not)
edit on 24-3-2012 by LifeIsEnergy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by LifeIsEnergy

jesus, congrats on you straw-man argument with like 3 premises, at least two that I wouldn't identify as being the case, and then just stating a conclusion without deriving it. I mean, are you saying the stuff we call 'knowledge', doesn't have the same definition as yours? Could you also tell me what knowledge is an end to itself? You cant just say well, "P" isn't very smooth, and we've been using it as a principle for like what, 5,000 years? therefore:"~P", and yea, I probably should have gotten your definition of knowledge before addressing it.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by oftheacademia

Sir, if you are interested in a debate just so you can talk then I am not the one. Anyways, you kind of prove the point I was making. Have a nice day.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

In that case the "now" can never exist either, because its gone before you can hold it.Therefore nothing tangible exists.Its all an illusion, matter isnt made of matter, only vibrational space.,Its an agreed reality.Interpreted by our senses in code, Where we are what we think, if we think we are human ergo... we are human.

posted on Mar, 27 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

edit on 27-3-2012 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join