It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eureka! I think Ifinally understand why people say there is no objective reality only subjective rea

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme

Originally posted by ImaFungi
can things be done now to change later?

No. Whatever is happening now is already happening now, therefore it can not be changed now.

what are you saying,,,,,, ridiculous,,,

is this a logical paradox you induced your self with to rid you the responsibility to think and do anything?
edit on 13-3-2012 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

what are you saying,,,,,, ridiculous,,,

In what way is it ridiculous? How does it not makes sense that whatever is happening now is what is already happening?

is this a logical paradox you induced your self with to rid you the responsibility to think and do anything?

How is it a "paradox" and what causes you to question whether or not I take responsibility for my thoughts and action or lack thereof based on this logical statement?
edit on 13-3-2012 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Sounds like you had a Zen moment.

"Now" is all we have. Easterners (Buddhism and Hinduism) realize that. They live in the moment. They breathe in the moment.

We Westerners are too busy making money to even care to teach that.

Be Here Now.
Scrabble that up a bit to get:
Be No Where.

It's all subjective after all.

PS. Olden? Never quite heard it put that way but I knew where you were going

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
PPS. Try wrapping your mind around light years when you want to Zen-out again. That will really make you rush back to being in the moment because....we're actually seeing light from the past.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

Exactly. We are seeing this light from the past "now" and this movement in space is called light years

Even what we call 'day' or '24 hours' is just the earth spinning...

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I just dont get what you are trying to say,,,,, it is obvious that now is now,,,,, i know there are many far out ways to view it,,,,,, i think it is a bad thing to dismiss all scientific investigation and learning, growing and creating,,,,,,, I think dwelling in the now is good,,, but one also must pay heed to ones future,, for what you do now will manifest what you are and have in the future,,,, one can also acknolwedge what one has done in the past and critique their performance, in order to not do certain things, to do certain things,,, and to aid in the experience of living growth, and intellectual learning.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by bastardo
reply to post by NorEaster

How would you prove the existance of time outside of human perception then?

Time is a sharable experience that can be precisely defined and measured, and has been thoroughly defined and measured. That's all the proof that is ever required of anything as far as establishing its objective existence.

Your post, the one that I'm responding to, is a shared perception that you and I have both experienced, and I can prove this because I am responding to it directly and you know that you posted it. You posted it BEFORE I responded to it. If time - in this instance - is a perception illusion then it's a perception illusion that persists as a definite recorded perceived illusion, which completely contradicts the notion of it being an illusion. Like said, proving Time is easy. You don't have to look far for hard evidence that is extremely hard to debunk.
edit on 3/13/2012 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

reply to post by arpgme

I just dont get what you are trying to say,,,,, it is obvious that now is now,,,,, i know there are many far out ways to view it,,,,,, i think it is a bad thing to dismiss all scientific investigation and learning, growing and creating,,,,,,, I think dwelling in the now is good,,, but one also must pay heed to ones future,, for what you do now will manifest what you are and have in the future,,,, one can also acknolwedge what one has done in the past and critique their performance, in order to not do certain things, to do certain things,,, and to aid in the experience of living growth, and intellectual learning.

By the time he discovers that what you say is true, he'll be absolutely convinced that Time does exist, that now is not the beginning and end of reality, and that preparing for a future is how the human being rose up from the herd to take command of the entire earth.

Getting your block knocked off as a result of not being prepared for a future that looms over you teaches you all you'll need to ever know about Time and just how real progressive ramification actually is.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Its just crazy the literal infinite amount of worlds contained in peoples minds,, perspectives,,

the truth kind of leads the way and sets it self as an example to follow, i.e. if you continually eat your own crap it will not be good (i.e. we learn from our mistakes,,,, more importantly, we learn)

its crazy how easy it is to believe you know,, to trust your thoughts and concepts,,,, imagine being a complete idiot and believing your perceptions and concepts to be true, im sure it happens......

a scientifically modern and precise craving of knowledge and understanding of truth and concepts of reality is not needed to live a life as a man and reproduce,, and history, the television, and the street out your window will prove this.....

The world is just a super hectic place,,, traditions can be made in no time,, 3rd world countries and modern countries, made of individuals striving to achieve for themselves,, some individuals reach groups to work on innovations that will help at least a portion of mankind,,, many many many people live within nice schedules,, comfy homes and lives, maybe even fun or interesting work, family, meals.... but the greater world is a chaotic mess,, and it seems this is the way its always been,,,, its hard for me to accept,

edit on 13-3-2012 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Blarneystoner

You are deluded and that is why you are so angry.
When the truth is known there can be no confusion.
edit on 13-3-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   

exactly, now is only a reality of absolute freedom both ends where the truth value is exponentially growing

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   

I disagree, time is clearly a human concept wich does not exist outside of human perception.

Your explanation was completely within human perception.

Does matter have a watch and is it running late for an appointment, I don´t think so.
edit on 14-3-2012 by bastardo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   

I disagree, time is clearly a human concept wich does not exist outside of human perception.

Your explanation was completely within human perception.

Does matter have a watch and is it running late for an appointment, I don´t think so.

u dont get the concept of time in truth correctly

now is the objective free reality of freedom move and freedom end

that show how freedom is necessarily about an objective realisation, from where freedom stand initial move stop being nothing and become true existence out of that fact realized, and from what freedom last stand realisation end, become true free sense as real, so productive source to relative facts

it matters to a large extent, as in truth then, freedom becoming true wether absolutely for true existence or relatively for true reality, mean freedom else the epsilon that will appear too, since it is about truth
and even my guess, on individual level it can happen, like a fresh breath or a fresh stillness freedom

before reality is freedom entity conceived as superior objective positiveness reason, after reality is freedom entity being positive objective superiority reason

so it shows how hierarchy is important in truth, it has to start from up
so u cant start from reality, which is always the common ground of the fact so down

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by absolutely

I´m sorry but I have no idea what you just told me.

Do you?

All I can relate to is that NOW, is the consciousness experiencing existance, is that what you mean by the NOW?

If it is it has nothing to do with time.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by bastardo

yea sorry i didnt meant to tell u any while i was meaning to use ur post for few words concerning metaphysics nothing in relation with u or with ur means here

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   

All I can relate to is that NOW, is the consciousness experiencing existance, is that what you mean by the NOW?

If it is it has nothing to do with time.

that sentence was edited later on my page so let me reply to

No, now is reality so it is not the conscious, the conscioius is the freedom out of reality always

the only link between conscious and reality is reality freedom, so before reality whole and after reality whole, from a slim realisation in being real

being real is nothing objectively, since reality is the present fact not any individual being relative to, any is only absolutely so in absolute terms relative is nothing

also existence is not to anyone, it is all to truth existence rights, from what existence in absolute terms is only truth freedom ends

that is why, i only advocate individuals freedom rights, which in condition is only through pointing evil life forcing another concept of freedom right by abusing truth existence and individuals rights

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   

I see, we´re on a different page, but that´s ok.

I believe there is nothing but consciousness, reality is a mere figment of its imagination, particles solidify into matter because of consciousness.

Quantum sciences are pointing in that direction.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by bastardo

no i dont think so, all sciences are pointing my direction

u dont seem to recognize time value in truth, the major source is constancy

the more a sequence is the same, the more it is a source of objective positive superiority

the value of time is not the time itself but the constant fact out of all times which point the true existence sense in positive superiority always realms

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   

u clearly said ur belief, that all and any is a product of creations, wether through wills or means

this is ur will to mean so, it has nothing to do with sciences and surely never about truth

anyways, when opposites conscious exist in same space, it necessarily point out truth existence that has nothing to do with existing wills
while truth existence from its fact constancy is the exclusive existing fact in becoming always more of same

it is the whole point of value if u want, what is a value?

the whole difference between concrete things and abstract fact

the whole point of one thing being as everything, whatever everything look like in size and shapes varieties

while abstract fact is all to true value, that even in being nothing is all to absolute superiority always easily, bc true value
so imagine since u love believing the power of ur imagination making anything, imagine if abstract facts of constancy become real what are the consequences then revealing the truth

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by Blarneystoner

You are deluded and that is why you are so angry.
When the truth is known there can be no confusion.
edit on 13-3-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

I'm not angry. I just don't like woo woo metaphysics babble. No one will ever take it seriously and I'm a firm believer that there are real, tangible mechanisms by which paranormal phenomena occur.

Now is relative. My slice of now may not be the same as the slice of now for someone who is on the other side of the Universe, relative to direction and velocity.

If you agree with Einstein's theory that an object moving at or near the speed of light will age more slowly than an object at rest, then you must understand that the slice of now for both objects is not the same.

"Now" exists in infinite numbers across an infinite amount of universes. Each slice of "now" playing out an infinite number of possible scenarios.

I agree that each and every new slice of now is as a new creation because in essence that is true, however it is also true that each and every slice of "now" remains in existence whether in the "past" or the "future".

Our perceptions are limited to understanding time as being a flow in one direction but that's not the reality.

You can choose to believe what your limited perceptions tell you or you can investigate further to gain understanding of reality.

edit on 14-3-2012 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join