It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's causing the mysterious sounds coming from the sky that are so loud they set off car alarms?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

What's causing the mysterious sounds coming from the sky that are so loud they set off car alarms? Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

[url=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2110523/Whats-causing-mysterious-sounds-coming-sky-loud-set-car-alarms.html]www.dailymail.co.uk[/u rl]

Mysterious sounds have been heard booming from the sky all around the world – in some cases they were so loud they set off car alarms.
The unsettling noises were heard recently from Europe to Canada, sounding like groans and powerful horns.
In Germany noises coming from the sky were recorded on a video camera and uploaded to YouTube, with car alarms clearly heard going off in the background.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...
(visi t the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

One of the questions posed by the article:

Could auroras be responsible for the strange noises being heard far and wide?

I have seen loads of threads over the last six months talking about noises from the sky. It goes on to say:

But experts have said that there are rational explanations.
University of Saskatchewan physics professor Jean-Pierre St. Maurice told CTV that it’s electromagnetic noise emitted from auroras and radiation belts.

Geoscientist David Deming from the University of Oklahoma, meanwhile, has previously written about a phenomenon called The Hum – ‘a mysterious and untraceable sound that is heard in certain locations around the world by two to ten per cent of the population’.

Writing in the Journal of Scientific Exploration, he said that sources of The Hum could include telephone transmissions and ‘aircraft operated by the U.S Navy for the purpose of submarine communications’.

According to Nasa, the Earth has ‘natural radio emissions’.
The Agency said: ‘If humans had radio antennas instead of ears, we would hear a remarkable symphony of strange noises coming from our own planet. Scientists call them "tweeks," "whistlers" and "sferics."

'They sound like background music from a flamboyant science fiction film, but this is not science fiction. Earth's natural radio emissions are real and, although we're mostly unaware of them, they are around us all the time.’

For instance lightning can produce eerie-sounding radio emissions, Nasa added.

Earthquakes can also produce sub-audible sounds, according to seismologist Brian W Stump from the Southern Methodist University in Dallas.

Effectively it seems the message is: There's nothing to see here move along.

[url=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2110523/Whats-causing-mysterious-sounds-coming-sky-loud-set-car-alarms.html]www.dailymail.co.uk[/u rl]
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 5-3-2012 by spacedonk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Wasn't they a rumour that all these are viral marketing campaigns for Cloverfield 2?

Not heard nothing else on it though...

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Well I remember the geomagnetic storms in the early 90's up here in upstate NY and if everything was still outside you could hear a crackling sound coming from the sky. But there is no way I believe that the sounds recorded and played on various youtube clips are caused by that. Else it would be common and heard many times over throughout the years. But it has been many years since I have seen a good display and things might have changed since then, doubtful though.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Best explanation I've seen yet....

GeoChange Journal

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Just Chris
Wasn't they a rumour that all these are viral marketing campaigns for Cloverfield 2?

Not heard nothing else on it though...

Absolutely not. It was a speculation which is wrong in my very own opinion. Also mass effect three viral campaign could not be it either. as suggested on another thread. Why? Because mass effect 3 had a commercial last night on fox (animation domination) involving a standard commercial promoting the video game itself, nothing involving sounds. Also mass effect three is tghe third installment, no campaign would promote a "sound" like that unless it was 100% fresh and original not some sequel .

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
It's the Reapers, they are came to conquer teh Earth...

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
It's the Reapers, they are came to conquer teh Earth...

not all sounds, .... sound like the reaper btw

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedonk

What's causing the mysterious sounds coming from the sky that are so loud they set off car alarms? Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

Mysterious sounds have been heard booming from the sky all around the world – in some cases they were so loud they set off car alarms.
The unsettling noises were heard recently from Europe to Canada, sounding like groans and powerful horns.
In Germany noises coming from the sky were recorded on a video camera and uploaded to YouTube, with car alarms clearly heard going off in the background.

(visi t the link for the full news article)

My belief, is that the solar system is near a vary large black hole and that stresses are causing both the sounds and the devastation we are now experiencing every period between late December and March. We can expect another Japan style calamity any day now if I am correct. The sounds that people are hearing are the transference of gravitational waves as they stretch and condense matter. Soon, the entire world will be hearing the sounds more often and then it will be too late. There isn't anything anyone can do except hope that the solar system and the black hole pass by each other and that the black hole cannot get a grip it it.

edit on 5-3-2012 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedonk

Maybe as prophesied it marks the return of the gods...

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove

My belief, is that the solar system is near a vary large black hole and that stresses are causing both the sounds and the devastation we are now experiencing every period between late December and March. We can expect another japan style calamity any day now if I am correct. The sounds that people are hearing are the transference of gravitational waves as they stretch and condense matter. Soon, the entire world will be hearing the sounds more often and then it will be too late. There isn't anything anyone can do except hope that the solar system and the black hole pass by each other and that the black hole cannot get a grip it it.

are you using math? Science archenemy! to come up with these conclusions????.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
all the sientific explanations are all ok and make sence,yet,until now it was never a common ground or heard by so many.ocasional sounds yes or in specific regions.but the increase of them and the awerness increase on global scale is the alarming part of the whole subject.if real,it could be a sign of major changes on earth.the how is not the important but the why is of most concern.to say that in the past it occured would lead to some records of such.if there is such,i have never heard of it.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blarneystoner
Best explanation I've seen yet....

GeoChange Journal

Wow, that's a pretty slick article. It's an interesting theory, don't see the fellows credentials listed, but it's an interesting theory nonetheless. I guess we'll see if his "scientific expectations" for increased geologic activity is accurate or not...time will tell.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Airplanes are causing the mysterious sounds coming from the sky that are so loud they set off car alarms. My country is flying around really fast in it's brand new supersonic boomers. We go as fast as we want now.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by bumpufirst

Interesting that this seems a recent phenomena.

Anybody know if there is any historical records of these kinds of noise? I have never seen anything anywhere either.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacedonk

The first thing I say to this topic is "show me proof that there's sounds to begin with".

Secondly, I think that the video you linked is entirely fake. Why? Listen to the sounds. All the sounds. Pay close attention to the car alarms and ask yourself this....if you are pointing a microphone in one particular direction (which you do while aiming a video camera), how come the SOUND of the car alarms doesn't change while the aim of the mic does?

My 2c (regarding the video, anyway), sounds were added post-production

Not entirely OT. Just saying that I can't put any thought into this topic until I believe it's occurring. If someone has a 100% verifiable video they can link, my thanks in advance.

edit on 5-3-2012 by TXRabbit because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TXRabbit

I have a friend in British Columbia who has heard these sounds first hand. I didn't believe these sounds existed until I heard it from him.

Obviously that does you no good but for what it's worth, I was skeptical and now I'm certain that people are definitely hearing something....

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Yep theres record of this....
I believe in the taiga of Russia they are called sky cannons something like that....
There is some past history to explosive sounds comming from nowhere in particular......

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blarneystoner
reply to post by TXRabbit

I have a friend in British Columbia who has heard these sounds first hand. I didn't believe these sounds existed until I heard it from him.

Obviously that does you no good but for what it's worth, I was skeptical and now I'm certain that people are definitely hearing something....

i agree, i haven’t heard these sounds nor do i know anyone who has. I remember reading a thread and watching a video from an ATSer saying he heard them, but it seemed much more quiet than the other videos on YouTube in fact I couldn’t really hear anything. No offense to the guy but it seemed like he was really wanting to hear the phenomenon

Has anyone else on hear heard them first hand??

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
They do say that Earth and the entire Solar system is starting to move into an Electrically charged cloud in space, and it will take our solar system not years but thousands of years to pass through the cloud, This cloud is supposed to excite the sun, and many other unusual occurances. thats my take on where the sounds are coming from, Electrically charged particles crashing into our atmoshere???
edit on 5-3-2012 by Glassbender777 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join