It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's causing the mysterious sounds coming from the sky that are so loud they set off car alarms?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedonk

My wife and I have both heard it...

I think it has something to do with our magnetosphere and cosmic rays or something causing an atmospheric resonance...

She thinks either that or UFOs.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Personally I have heard it twice. And no I didn't think to video it. (Still kicking myself.)

The first time was with my two teenagers last August 2011 whilst on holiday camping. They heard as did my unawoken sister. We had 500 families attending and over the next couple of days a lot of the children got sick.

The last time I heard it was last week and I made a thread about what I heard;
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I agree with one poster it is a black hole causing these. Look at my posts in my thread and ignore the trolls, they are feeding very well at my thread. I think I struck a nerve.

On another thread they were called accoustic gravity waves, being caused by an energy source as great as the sun.

Also I haven't researched it yet but there is an Ancient Egyptian stele that mentions all the noises from the Earth and that they are keeping him awake at night. (I think it is called the Tempest stele but i could be mixing it up.)

So according to this historic source, the noises are going to get worse, before they get better.

Peace.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blarneystoner
Best explanation I've seen yet....

GeoChange Journal

It's the sound of HAARP
crunching our atmosphere down 10% by super-heating our stratosphere.
They are either protecting us from a super ice age or they are tweaking our environment for either ET life or a more efficient annihilation of all life on the surface by igniting the atmosphere.
Maybe this is the sound of our atmosphere being microwaved (long waved actually) away. Perhaps by the end of the year we will have about 1 mile up or less and we will die of flooding from constant concentrated toxic rain.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TimesUp

It didn't sound like a harp on that video, it sounded like a horn

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I personally have to disagree on the black hole theory. For two solid reasons. First, Such a thing should have been noticeable a long time ago. NASA doesn't have some secret technology for observing...and the myriad of private sources which give them the data they spit back out as analysis would never all stay quiet about such a thing. Two though....Just a couple degrees of a fairly narrow fluctuation in atmospheric pressure can have dramatic weather effects....so if we were starting to feel the titanic forces of a large Black Hole, it seems to me, there would be nothing remotely subtle about the effects.

There seem to be at least 3 completely seperate classes of sounds. Perhaps 4. I'm personally thinking that may mean more than one source/cause. The timing is interesting and things may be related, but not identical in cause for each type.

We have the roar/jet/rumble sound events which run a few minutes to a couple hours.

There are the Organ sounds which have become everyone's favorite to hoax and copy and the venting noises which are similar in duration and frequency when they happen......and aren't hoaxes.

There is the mechanical/plant noise pulsating or banging. That kinda covers a number of similar sounds...all seeming to have the pulse pattern of whatever the noise is, by silence, then the noise in a repeating pattern. A couple I've heard had a very distinct Doppler shift for the noises as they went on and seemed to pass by.

Finally are the single or double 'wham' or 'bang' sounds with one 1 or 2 and nothing more. Some are likely sonic booms people aren't recognizing or have never heard in person...but not all seem to be ? Just a thought for these....If going super sonic makes a Sonic Boom, is there a level into Hypersonic that creates a second and perhaps more violent bang as the speed is reached? Sounds like we are making new records in secret for insane speeds with X-Craft.

I think we're hearing VERY large ships in some cases. Quite possibly all man-made. Maybe drones...maybe airships (That would explain the droning engines and slow or no movement for looong periods). They'd be radically advanced from anything we've seen publicly, but that goes without saying for anything man made. The fact we can't see them is only a product of technology. It's been demonstrated in prototype form in both Nano and straight mimic of background forms...as well as infrared with BAE systems. The only difference huge ships would make is scale and computing power along with time to develop. Who thinks they couldn't manage all 3?

The others? I'm looking into space...but I don't know about a black hole. I still want to find some way of correlating a large number of the most credible reports with astronomic patterns for exactly where that patch of Earth was pointing in the cosmic sense, at the time the event occurred. I've wondered more than once if the whole planet being effected by SOME of these sounds isn't just the fact we turn on an axis and different parts of Earth are facing different parts of the 3-dimensional universe around us at any given time. It's beyond my abilities and time to invest though.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Ok, so a good friend of mine who is an engineer major at my school and is taking an astronomy class told me the other day that our earth is traveling through some kind something in space. I can't remember exactly what he called it, but i'm pretty sure he said it was some kind of dense matter, cloud? in space. He's also not a conspiracy theorist, hasn't been to this site before and had previously not heard of the rumblings before. I'm also not saying this is the cause of these noises, but it does seem to be the most logical and it makes a lot of sense. As soon as I heard this it just clicked and I immediately thought of this... I don't know if anyone else has heard of such a thing before but if you have and have thought of this correlation as well as know about it, please inform me so I got the story straight. I just wanted to put this out there and see what people thought. Not to mention to back up the logical point, this is just using common sense. If you put this in scientific terms this also makes sense and it seems like it could be a side effect of the earth traveling through something in space. Hmm.. Lets talk.
-ys

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Here is a response for a few of the statements posted here...

For those of you that think only certain people can hear it, that may be true for some of the lower sound quality videos, but I don't personally believe its because of the frequency. Has anyone ever said they watched the Kiev video and said they couldn't hear anything?

If anyone can't hear that, please post up so we can either get validation that its a possibility, or if no one says they can't, then its more likely due to that persons audio system on their phone, PC, or their own ear problems.

For those that are convinced its all a viral marketing ad or fake, then why would 40+ residents call the mayor and report it in the below link? Keep in mind the mayor also heard these sounds:

www.youtube.com...

At the end, they even have a scientists "explain" these events as being related to cosmic events being amplified and somehow reverberate through the radio antennas. He also says its "normal" - move on, nothing to see here.

If its so normal, why is it only recently happening? And if its normal, why would there be so many questions about it? If its normal, this would have been heard and explained years or even decades ago.

Here is another video from the news that agrees with those that think its a viral video. The audio Guy they have on here says its a mix of waterphones, concrete being dragged, and a lions roar I think.

www.youtube.com...

But this is just following a disinformation/misinformation script.

1. First, we ignore it.
2. Next, we make fun of it.
3. Now, lets say its a hoax.
4. Then, we explain as natural, nothing to see here.

And that's where we are at now. A mix of all 4 of these are clearly going on.

Keep in mind that the video "explaining" the sounds as a viral video came out first. Then they were forced to completely change their stance AND their explanation when the mayor and too many others heard it in the first video I posted.

We have contradicting stories and explanations coming from the media. Again, why have a scientist come on to explain these sounds if they are a hoax? And don't forget, they tried to calm you by providing you with the answer you wanted to hear: Its a hoax. Its a viral video.

Then when it could no longer be disputed, that's when they give you the other answer you'll accept: Natural sounds being amplified by radio towers.

Which, of course, doesn't explain all the vidoes (that aren't audio copies of Kiev) that show this sound happens even in the middle of nowhere.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof
They've been debunked.

These strange sounds are all explainable and/or hoaxes.

What bugs me about this video is a few things...

A) Nibiru and Elenin although somewhat popular here on ATS is very obscure elsewhere so for this "debunker" to even KNOW of the "conspiracies" regarding them is interesting as he apparently never even entertained those ideas, yet hew knew of them...

B) I heard and recorded a sound that is 100% real and not a hoax so his blanket statement that ALL of it is a hoax because SOME of them can be proven to be a hoax is probably comforting for him and soothing to his ego but flat out not true.

C) He makes it quite obvious and apparent he doesn't entertain or believe in or even dabble in "conspiracies" and finds them and the people who entertain the theories to be loonies...after posting a 10 minute video he intermittently likes to remind the viewer how much he doesn't care...and how stupid conspiracy theories etc are...

Which I find contradictory to the facts that A) he cared enough to investigate, create and upload a youtube video on the subject...and B) He was aware enough of conspiracies to investigate them which isn't indicative of someone who thinks that is all a waste of time...

I mean for crying out loud the guy posted and utilized sound videos and Elenin videos I HAVEN'T even seen...and I'm actually interested in the subjects...

So for this guy to pretend he isn't interested and act like the whole thing isn't worth his time and effort doesn't make one bit of sense to me...

I wouldn't be surprised if he is secretly an ATS member who floats his ego with debunking conspiracies...

Having said all that, the debunking is great and thorough and well done...He hit some of the popular videos out there, I don't agree with his conclusion that all the sound vids are hoaxes (as I know for a fact mine is NOT) but none the less he did show those vids for what they were.

posted on Mar, 5 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

Actually, he's a member of another conspiracy-style forum. I'm not sure whether I can name the site here, but there is more info on the YouTube page itself.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
magnetic energy - No you canot hear magnetic energy you can only hear diifrence in air presure

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I heard it a few nights ago in Ithaca, I was like, no way, is that what I think it is? I disregarded it as a trick of the ears, but no my housemate said she heard it too, and made note of it cuz I had shown her these strange sound vids on ATS a month ago...

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Raist

Originally posted by Raist
I am always reminded of the poster D4rk Kn1ght.

Here are a few links for anyone to new to remember the poster. He was eventually banned but due to other matters not pertaining to the posts indicated.

I make no claims that the poster was telling the truth. I know that in speaking with him in a few posts and private messages he seemed genuine. Again though I am not saying the guy was telling the truth.

All of the lights in the sky and now noises in the sky always make me recall his thread though. It did seem that for some time there was an increased number of lights in the sky sighted, and now the noises seem to be more frequent.

At this point I am still undecided as to the truth of any of it. I do though find it rather intriguing to say the least.

Raist
www.abovetopsecret.com...&addstar=1&on=13615358#pid13615358

He did say leading up to October 28th, and continuing into early 2012, that we we would begin to hear strange sounds from the sky, and that the "stars of the plough" (Big Dipper) would "dance":

A Confession. Guilt Makes Me Post This.

2 years ago, a friend of my wife informed us of a coming event that will make ww III look like childs play. A mass attempt to rule by sheer fear is coming, and its going to start low and slow in 2007, and build up and up till Oct 28th, 2011, for a final blow out either late oct 2011 or early 2012.

Are These D4rk Kn1ght's "Dancing Stars"?

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are

May 21st, 2011 Mega Thread [D4rk Kn1ght, October 28, 2011 Part II]

Originally posted by adigregorio

Furthermore, I have to point out (again) that the "Stars of the Plough" have yet to do their dance. That dance signifies the start of that threads (Dark Knight) prophecy. Since the prophecy has yet to start, then how can any of these things be in relation?

I think this might be the dancing stars of the plough:

Extra Star Found In The Big Dipper
by NANCY ATKINSON on DECEMBER 9, 2009
www.universetoday.com...

Alcor, one of the stars that makes the bend in the Big Dipper’s handle has a smaller red dwarf companion orbiting it. Now known as “Alcor B,”
www.universetoday.com...

Found in 2009. A dancing binary system. It's all coming together.

This quote taken from my thread:
The D4rk Kn1ght / October 28, 2011 / 10/28/2011 Mega Thread
edit on 3/6/2012 by this_is_who_we_are because: typo

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by braydenf
Has anyone else on hear heard them first hand??

I can attest to that. There are plenty of you-tube vids. that
recorded this, with different witnesses, in Ont. Canada.
It lasted two hours aprox. 2am-4am.
A constant roaring sound, every 4 seconds, like a
that of ocean waves crashing into land. It was so loud that I
couldn't sleep and instead went to investigate by diving around.
It was a resonating sound from the atmosphere that you just
could not pinpoint. It coincided with the solar flair we had
(Jan 23 I believe)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Cataka

In your response to it being normal you must understand that it's normality is in the scale of the cosmos and space and the universe. Time doesn't necessarily exist in the universe and is something humans made up. When you do think of it in time terms though, there has been "a lot" of time. Billions upon billions of years. Our earth is only so many millions of years old and the kind of cosmic weather that we are traveling through can be something that actually does occur quite frequently in relation to the universe. Despite it seeming so unusual, it's because were experiencing it for the first time! At least those of us talking about it. It's as normal as scientists put it, because it actually is. Just goes to show you how little people use the great capacity of their minds. In addition even if you understood the universe in terms of cycles, you would understand that this is part of a cycle and is also "not normal at all." Just a thought.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by youthsavior

I know you said time doesn't necessarily exist, but it most certainly does. The units we use are based on our own planetary events, but the same 10 seconds of Earth time are occurring simultaneously throughout the universe.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Blarneystoner

maybe its the start of the higher consciousness thats starting for the 2012 theory..

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ItsEvolutionBaby

This is just the sound we (my family and me) hear over here in the netherlands (south). It is indeed quite simpel: hearing is believing. When it stays in the background, it is easily ignored. But sometimes it gets louder and I get real uncomfortable. First I was dying to know what is causing it, but I changed my mind after my mothers remark:
"I really do hope that we will never have to experience what this means. Wouldn't that be great?"
I am not so eager to know where it comes from anymore......

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I forgot to mention that I think there is a correlation between The Sound and clouds. I've noticed that I never heard The Sound on a cloudless day/night.....

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Glassbender777

A really good theory

I haven't heard any of these sounds, yet. But, apparently, it has been heard about 60km from where i live, & so now every continent has been "accounted" for.

In all honesty, even though i know deep down inside that the sounds have been heard, i would still have to hear it with my own ears before believing.

A couple of months ago my other half spoke to a professor in climatology, and he acknowledged that he/they are aware of the sounds. His theory ain't much different than that of Mr Khalilov's explanation in the Geo-Journal. He too only mentioned a rumbling sound, nothing about a trumpet sound.

edit on 09/02/2012 by KaelemJames because: added

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   
im going out on a limb but, thunder?

i think thats what it is. i have yet to hear a compelling video that to me was un edited.

so till i hear one i say its nothing for me to think about

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join