It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the author of Babylon Mystery changed his mind....

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

No one can be made Holy obeying the law.

It is through the Gospel.

I thank my God every time I remember you. I always pray with joy in my every prayer for all of you because of your participation in the gospel from the first day until now. For I am sure of this very thing, that the one who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.

Hearing and obeying the Gospel.
Which in today's terms would be reading the New Testament.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

No one can be made Holy obeying the law.

It is through the Gospel.

I thank my God every time I remember you. I always pray with joy in my every prayer for all of you because of your participation in the gospel from the first day until now. For I am sure of this very thing, that the one who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.

Which in today's terms would be reading the New Testament.

I don't think you understand what I am saying. I am saying the Gospel is saying listen to the Holy Spirit and do what it says. By listening to the Holy Spirit and doing what it says one is following the Gospel. The New Testament says that Christ was sending the Holy Spirit to teach believers all truth. This is precisely why we don't need to argue over interpretation. All of us, who accept that the Holy Spirit dwells in us, do have the Spirit in us. This is the basic premise of the New Testament. The New Testament says believe that you have received what you pray for and you have received it. This gift is the Holy Spirit.

When we argue over interpretation we negate the presence of the Holy Spirit as our teacher and instead are looking to the bible for a set of rules that we must follow. There is only one rule we must follow. Love our neighbor as yourself. In the parable of the Good Samaritan Jesus makes it clear that everyone who shows us love is our neighbor, even non believers. Paul further emphasizes this in his teaching.

This is the whole reason that we are to believe in Christ and the reason we are condemned if we do not. The only way to Holiness is to believe the spirit of God dwells in you and that you are in fact listening to God and not trying to do it on your own. This is the reason no one can be made Holy by the Law. Those who listen to the law are doing so by their own will. Those who listen to the Holy Spirit in them, and are guided by it, are doing so by the will of God. It is only by doing the will of God that anyone can be made Holy. This is why Christ said he came to do not his will but the will of the father.

You can continue to hold people accountable to a set of rules by trying to interpret the New Testament as a how to guide or you can listen to the Holy Spirit that lives in you. However, the Holy Spirit leads you down the narrow path that leads to life. The Kingdome of God is within all believers it is not bound to a book. Those that look inward to the Holy Spirit and do what it says have indeed entered the Kingdome of God.

The message is simple believe that the Holy Spirit lives in you and do what it says. If you believe this then you have believed in Christ and the Gospel. The rest of what is being taught in the New Testament is more a way to distinguish between those who are following the Holy Spirit and those who by their fruit prove they are not. If you claim that you are a believer but still sin you prove that you are not living by the Holy Spirit in you. For anyone who is born of the Spirit will not sin. I have believed the Holy Spirit in me is stronger than the Spirit of this world. Although like Paul I do not believe that I have overcome this world, I do believe that by continuing in my faith that the Holy Spirit will guide me I will overcome this world. If I continue in my faith I believe I will enter into the Lords Sabbath rest. Doing so not by obeying the law, or by following some perfect interpretation of the bible, but by letting myself die and allowing Christ to be my life.

The way of man is to do what is right. The way of God is to let Christ do what is right in your life. I continue to listen to the bible daily because it provides me with hope and encouragement. I have stopped trying to be made perfect by understanding the words but rather am being made perfect by listening to the words of the living God who speaks directly to me.
edit on 18-3-2012 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

What is the good news then?

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

It is only by doing the will of God that anyone can be made Holy.

Which is keeping the law.
Not the formal, ritual Law of Moses with sacrifices and washings, but the fundamental law of life.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

The good news is the kingdom of God has come.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

The good news is the kingdom of God has come.

Well, yeah. "The kingdom of God" is a Hebraism for "the rule of God." But what is the good news of Jesus Christ? Gospel merely means "good news". What is that good news?

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Not the formal, ritual Law of Moses with sacrifices and washings, but the fundamental law of life.

How do we keep the entire law in the New Covenant? I know it's by the power of the Holy Spirit, I mean what is the thing we need to do to make sure we keep the law so we never fail?

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

. . . what is the good news of Jesus Christ?

Apparently you have a different gospel, maybe some anti-christian version about how Satan rules.
edit on 18-3-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

How do we keep the entire law in the New Covenant? I know it's by the power of the Holy Spirit, I mean what is the thing we need to do to make sure we keep the law so we never fail?

There is no answer since this is a flawed question by someone seeking a guaranteed free ticket to heaven and things don't work that way. This is why there is a judgment at the end of your life, something you refuse to accept even though this was central to Paul's message.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

There is no answer since this is a flawed question by someone seeking a guaranteed free ticket to heaven and things don't work that way.

No, no. Christians don't think that ticket is "free". It took the most precious thing in the universe to punch that ticket, the blood of Christ. So what was the gospel (good news) we were to take to every nation and preach to every creature?

"The kingdom of God is here! Now go your way and be full of cheer!" No.

Why are there so many verses that lay out our assurance of our salvation in Christ? Christ assured it in John 6, what did He say? Who already posseses eternal life on Earth? WHO, and via what?

This is why there is a judgment at the end of your life, something you refuse to accept even though this was central to Paul's message.

I've never said there isn't a judgment at the end of a believer's life. All of us must appear before the judgment seat of Christ. That happens right before the marriage supper of the Lamb.

Christ said the law was fulfilled in two commands, so did Paul. What commands would that be? This is easy man, it's spelled out right in scripture. The kids in my Sunday school class know this answer.

edit on 18-3-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

. . . what is the good news of Jesus Christ?

Apparently you have a different gospel, maybe some anti-christian version about how Satan rules.

The gospel is this:

1 Corinthians 15

Now, what is the gospel of Jesus Christ?

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
The Protestants are arguing among themselves. Of course, their faith
is based on PO (plus heresy, accepting someone else's PO) not God's revelation. Any you know PO, everyone has one.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by colbe
is based on PO (plus heresy, accepting someone else's PO) not God's revelation. Any you know PO, everyone has one.

Who is PO, that's not some new name for Jesus is it?

Why didn't we get the memo?

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Now, what is the gospel of Jesus Christ?

I explained all this to you just the other day. I suggest you reread my earlier post.
I would also suggest reading a book, The Gospel and the Gospels, by Peter Stuhlmacher.
Read that book before asking me the same question again.

The chapter you linked to was Paul's gospel, notice how that is different than what I just quoted in this post from you, where you said Jesus' gospel.

Hint:
Now I want to make clear for you, brothers and sisters, the gospel that I preached to you, that you received and on which you stand, and by which you are being saved, if you hold firmly to the message I preached to you – unless you believed in vain.

Paul is using the term gospel to describe his message that he preached, which was a story about what happened to Jesus.
Jesus' gospel was about what he came to do, which was still in the future, though the beginning of his ministry marked the coming of the Kingdom of God.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

That's weird, because Paul details it specifically in 1 Corinthians chapter 15. That's still an accepted book on your list correct?

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   

What is this fundemental law and how do you keep it?

If you are looking for the answer in the book I believe you are still looking in the wrong place. It is the spirit that teaches you the truth about your transgressions. Once you know the truth than you overcome your transgressions. The bible does not teach you how to overcome transgressions, exept by telling us that no one can overcome the desires of the flesh by obeying the law, but instead if one is living by the spirit they will learn to overcome.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by colbe

Who is PO, that's not some new name for Jesus is it?

Why didn't we get the memo?

I am sure you know what PO means. That's why you all argue, you do not have the authority to interpret Scripture. God the Holy Spirit is not guiding you. God gave the Church, the RCC the authority to interpret Scripture.

Continue on with your disagreeing. You'll understand finally at the Great Warning.

2 Peter 1:20 - interpreting Scripture is not a matter of one's own private interpretation. Therefore, it must be a matter of "public" interpretation of the Church. The Divine Word needs a Divine Interpreter. Private judgment leads to divisions, and this is why there are 30,000 different Protestant denominations.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Yeah, I guess I'll just Google it since you wanna be a douche.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by colbe

Yeah, I guess I'll just Google it since you wanna be a douche.

Your comment is vulgar and you're too chicken once again to post the Scripture reference and explanation I shared. Go back to your
disagreement. I bet soon, you'll start your own church to fit your
interpretation of Martin Luther's favorite...the "Bible" alone.

38,000 + 1.

"To be deep in history is to cease to be Protestant"
John Henry Newman

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

I'm too chicken huh? That would imply you are intimidating, you're not in case you're confused. You know, when i was leaving church today I was stopped at the red light and the Catholic Church was on the corner. Well, their service was getting out, and when they were all crossing the crosswalk in front of me I couldn't help but think if all these people looking at me hated me as much as you and the other Catholics do here.

Really, I did. I would have never shared that, but somehow it felt appropriate at this point in time. Why don't you guys start back up the Inquisitions, I think you'd have fun with that.

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join