It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the author of Babylon Mystery changed his mind....

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

You know, I didn't think you'd be confused as to which post of yours I was referring to, you only had one on that page where you linked Wiki.
You created the confusion.
When I clicked on the link at the top of your post, it directed my to my post where I was describing dictionary entries for word definitions. All you said was why am I quoting Wikipedia. It was natural for me to assume, since you linked to that post, that you thought I had copied my explanation from somewhere.
Now, you are using this as an opportunity to beat up on someone, maybe to temporarily fill a void in your self esteem, to make other people look more evil than yourself, so maybe God will look at you and say, 'at least you are not as bad as that JM guy.'
edit on 20-3-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Okay, guys, take a breath. You're derailing the thread....

Wait.
Where did colbe go?

Did we "win"?

Colbe????? yoo hoo!! are you done here? no reply to my asking why you would want to be part of an organization that has such a monstrous history? Why you think recruiting people into it is "helping" them?

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

Wait.
Where did colbe go?

Did we "win"?

Colbe????? yoo hoo!! are you done here? no reply to my asking why you would want to be part of an organization that has such a monstrous history? Why you think recruiting people into it is "helping" them?

Deal! What's up Wild?

Dunno where our friend went, I think I saw him either last night or the night before very briefly, 2 posts and ran.

I think this op/thread is dead anyways, it's been off topic for quite a while.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
The truth is simple, if you believe the Holy Spirit dwells in you than the Holy Spirit does dwell in you. If you believe that the Holy Spirit will free you from sin than the Holy Spirit will free you from sin. If you believe the Holy Spirit will teach you all things than the Holy Spirit will teach you all things.

Mark 11:24 Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

James 1:5-8 But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach; and it will be given to him. But let him ask in faith, without any doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, driven by the wind and tossed. For let that man not think that he will receive anything from the Lord. He is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.

Why do you continue to doubt that the Holy Spirit will dwell in you and teach you all things? Why do you continue to believe that the only interpretation comes from the church? Jesus clearly stated otherwise.

1 John 4:19-23 19 “Sir,” the woman said, “I can see that you are a prophet. 20 Our ancestors worshiped on this mountain, but you Jews claim that the place where we must worship is in Jerusalem.”

21 “Woman,” Jesus replied, “believe me, a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem. 22 You Samaritans worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, for salvation is from the Jews. 23 Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. 24 God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth.”

How can you worship in the Spirit if you don't believe the Spirit dwells in you and teaches you all things? This is the message, The very Spirit of God will talk to you and tell you what to do, but only if you believe.

1 Corinthians 2:10 "But God has revealed them to us through His Spirit. For the Spirit searches all things, yes, the deep things of God. For what man knows the things of a man except the spirit of the man which is in him? Even so no one knows the things of God except the Spirit of God. Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God."

1 John 2:26-27 26 I am writing these things to you about those who are trying to lead you astray. 27 As for you, the anointing you received from him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about all things and as that anointing is real, not counterfeit—just as it has taught you, remain in him.

John 16 12:15 12 “I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear. 13 But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. 14 He will glorify me because it is from me that he will receive what he will make known to you. 15 All that belongs to the Father is mine. That is why I said the Spirit will receive from me what he will make known to you.”

2 Peter 1 19-21 19 We also have the prophetic message as something completely reliable, and you will do well to pay attention to it, as to a light shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts. 20 Above all, you must understand that no prophecy of Scripture came about by the prophet’s own interpretation of things. 21 For prophecy never had its origin in the human will, but prophets, though human, spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.

2 Peter is telling us that the Holy Spirit is the source of all scripture and that the only one who can interpret scripture is the Holy Spirit. Nowhere does it say that the church will hold the only key to interpretation. The bible says everyone who believes is part of the church. James said God gives wisdom to all who ask and believe they will receive it.

This is what I have done. I asked for wisdom and believed that God wanted me to have wisdom. Because of this I MUST have received it. If you say that I have not received it than you are calling God a LIAR. God is not a liar and I have received what I prayed for and believed I have received.

The Holy Spirit dwells in me. Has separated me from my sinful nature so that I might learn to be like Christ, and learn from the spirit of Christ in me. For the spirit in me has overcome the world, and was tempted in every way I am but yet was without sin. If I listen the Spirit of Christ will teach me how to be like him. I have believed all of this so it is all true.

1 Thessalonians 2:13 you accepted it not as the word of men, but as it actually is, the word of God, which is at work in you who believe.

The Sprit of Christ dwells in all who believe he dwells in them and teaches them all things. Do you have faith to accept this?

edit on 20-3-2012 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Wait.
Where did colbe go?

Did we "win"?

Deal! What's up Wild?

Dunno where our friend went, I think I saw him either last night or the night before very briefly, 2 posts and ran.

I think this op/thread is dead anyways, it's been off topic for quite a while.

NTT, hi,

What, you keep replying and it was you and jm who took the thread
off topic arguing over your personal opinions which is Protestantism.

You never came to agreement. Mulitply that 38,000+ times.

You won't discuss the OP, a Protestant minister an author realizing the nonsense of calling the faith pagan.

colbe

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Wait.
Where did colbe go?

Did we "win"?

wildtimes,

Give it up friend. Our Lord wants you to be Catholic. The Remnant is Roman Catholic, the most Holy Eucharist is true.

you can, open your heart, just ask Him,

colbe

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

If you go back several pages, like more than 15 probably, you'd see I did discuss the op Colbe. How are you doing today too? Like I said to jm, this thread has been OT for a long time, and it's not my fault.

Or his. Do you really just want stars and flags? If so, I'll give you those, let me know.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Give it up friend. Our Lord wants you to be Catholic. The Remnant is Roman Catholic, the most Holy Eucharist is true.

you can, open your heart, just ask Him,

Friend? You are not a friend, and not friendly in the least.

A friend does not alternately bear false witness against me, portray me as utterly different from who I am, bully me, insult me, try to scare me, mock me, warn others against me, or want to control me. That is psycopathy, not the Holy Spirit. Certainly not Christ-like.

sacgamer is my friend, so are jmdewey and NuT, Akragon, autowrench, nenothtu, and others. Not you.
The Divine Source does not want me to be Catholic. I opened my heart 35 years ago, and that is what the Divine answer was.

A person who shows no indication of understanding what Jesus wanted, or what he said, and behaves routinely disrespectfully after being addressed with respect, is not to be respected further. Everything else that person has said in the past, or says in the future is not to be given any credence or attention.
edit on 21-3-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

. . . if you believe the Holy Spirit dwells in you than the Holy Spirit does dwell in you.

That is not true.
Lots of people think they are "saved" but that does not make them saved. They still have to pass judgment before they can consider themselves properly saved. People think they can be at a meeting and start speaking in the "language of angels" but that does not mean they are.
Paul says there are many spirits, but you should not just be accepting any spirit that comes along because they may be bad. There is also another thing to consider, which is the spirit of delusion.
edit on 21-3-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

. . . if you believe the Holy Spirit dwells in you than the Holy Spirit does dwell in you.

That is not true.
Lots of people think they are "saved" but that does not make them saved. They still have to pass judgment before they can consider themselves properly saved. People think they can be at a meeting and start speaking in the "language of angels" but that does not mean they are.

Paul says there are many spirits, but you should not just be accepting any spirit that comes along because they may be bad. There is also another thing to consider, which is the spirit of delusion

Anyone who believes they are saved but does not believe in judgment has believed only in men and not in God. For the bible clearly states that all will pass judgment.

Yes Tongues, I love that one. Do you know everyone who I have ever talked to about speaking in tongues started to do this after hearing from someone else? I do know what tongues are and it is not what the charismatic's claim. They have believed men and followed what they have heard others doing. Since they do not know what they are praying, by scripture they prove that they are not speaking in the language of angels. Paul clearly says that someone must interpret tongues or they should not be spoken.

How do I know that I know what the gift of tongues is? I prayed for the gift, believed that God himself would reveal the gift to me. When God revealed the gift to me he backed it up with scripture that plainly proved he was right. I have been given the gift of tongues although I believe that only someone who had the gift of interpretation would understand. A gift that I also have and honestly anyone could have if they would let God teach them.

Since the majority of people who I have known that are charismatic are judgmental and self righteous they have proven to me that they do not follow the Holy Spirit.

Interestingly enough what I say is still true. If they believe the Holy Spirit lives in them than he does, but they have not yet learned to listen. Instead they still look for the answer in the book or from a pastor at a church. It is my understanding that the Holy Spirit can be guiding someone even though they are not listening. In this case the person could easily be listening to a bad spirit, because they have not learned discernment. Both the Spirit of God and this world are at work in us. The words of Christ should be our guide to discernment.

edit on 21-3-2012 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

If they believe the Holy Spirit lives in them than he does, but they have not yet learned to listen.

Then saying 'people have this spirit' is basically meaningless.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

I believe that believing you have the spirit is the first step to faith. It is not until you believe that the spirit is teaching you that you can learn. It is my belief that not all that believe they have the spirit have been baptized by the spirit. I believe these are 2 separate concepts. To be baptized by the spirit you must believe that you can become free from sin. Many people believe in Jesus and Grace but they have failed to believe that the spirit will teach them to overcome the sinful nature. One of the requirements for baptism of the Holy Spirit is repent; true repentance means to stop sinning. The spirit only guides you according to your faith.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   

. . . true repentance means to stop sinning.
"Sinning" is not a word in the Bible.
Sin, as in a noun, is what will prevent one from going to heaven (or, wherever).
For example, how many times a day do you hate someone?
Are you "sinning less" if you only hate a couple people today, where before you would hate a bunch of people every day?
You shouldn't hate anyone. If anyone needs to do that, it would be God, and is not our job to do things like that.
If you hate people, you have sin in you and you don't go to heaven (or, wherever).
What you need is a new spirit. Your old spirit was prone to hate people, so you need a spirit that does not hate people. It is not slowly dwindling down the number of people you hate every day. That is just fooling yourself.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   

"Sinning" is not a word in the Bible.

Well, no,.. but the Greek uses the present imperfect tense when saying a Christian doesn't "sin". That means a continual life of sin, not inadvertent transgressions. It should NEVER be read that a Christian "never sins". We do,.. quite a bit. Someone who teaches otherwise is a false teacher, don't listen to them jm, they need to learn Greek. Now, I'm certainly no Greek expert myself, but I do read the works of men who are. Dr. Metzger is a personal favorite.

In English, we know that the present tense describes something happening right now. It informs us of the time when an action takes place.

In Greek, however, the present tense primarily tells us the type of action. The Greek present tense indicates continued action, something that happens continually or repeatedly, or something that is in the process of happening. If you say, for instance, "The sun is rising," you are talking about a process happening over a period of time, not an instantaneous event. The Greeks use the present tense to express this kind of continued action.

Greek Tenses Explained.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

You are just making up your own definitions of sin, and what you think it means for you to sin is not the same as what Paul was thinking when he wrote his letters.
You would need to bring some serious scholarly research to bear in order to make your claims stand, by way of citing some work of that sort, otherwise you are presenting cracker-jack opinions based on YouTube video theology.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

You are just making up your own definitions of sin, and what you think it means for you to sin is not the same as what Paul was thinking when he wrote his letters.
You would need to bring some serious scholarly research to bear in order to make your claims stand, by way of citing some work of that sort, otherwise you are presenting cracker-jack opinions based on YouTube video theology.

hahahaha priceless, no, I didn't invent Greek or Greek verb tenses. Look up any place you wish dealing with Greek tenses to show me where I'm wrong about what I said instead of just claiming it arbitrarily and I'll repent in front of God, the world, and you. And you obviously didn't look at the link I included in my previous post, I'll give you a hint:

It doesn't link you to a YouTube video.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

hahahaha priceless

Go ahead and laugh yourself silly.
Your last post has nothing to do with my last post.
You could try actually making an argument instead of pasting something in as if that makes some sort of case.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Yeah, I'll stick with the Greek experts, no offense.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

You haven't even presented any sort of case, or argument or even a single example of what you are talking about. You are just pasting up some irrelevant data and then sitting back all proud of yourself as if you have actually done something.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

That's completely false, read the portion I quoted. Its a simple explanation of Greek verb tenses. But this is really irrelevant. If you've ever done Greek studies you'd know what I'm saying is true. Greek isn't English, that should be obvious!

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29 >>

join