It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the author of Babylon Mystery changed his mind....

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

As for women, what about Lydia and Phoebe? Huh? Paul's recruits.

WOW, tell Colbe to turn to Romans 16. Paul greets and salutes twice as many men than women in that chapter, yet he commends for their ministry almost twice as many of the women than he does the men in that chapter. Imagine that? He salutes and addresses twice as man men as women in that chapter, yet he commends for their ministry twice as many women as men!!!!!

What about Priscilla? Junia?

edit on 16-3-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

What about Priscilla? Junia?

right??
I had Priscilla in my original reply, but as she was Akron's wife, I figured he's shut that one down on grounds of them being....*gasp*....MARRIED?
But....but....only CELIBATE BACHELORS can be priests!!

what a load of crap.

I haven't heard of Junia yet, but I'm still only partially knowledgable....you guys are privy to my growing awareness...I type as I go.
Do you ever get bored with doing the same thing and not reading new stuff?

edit on 16-3-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

But....but....only CELIBATE BACHELORS can be priests!!

Interesting, the "first pope" Peter had a mother-in-law, I always figured the only way to get one of those was to be married.

Guess not??

Do you ever get bored with doing the same thing and not reading new stuff?

OH DEAR GOD, you DON'T know me!!!! One of my biggest problems in life is buying books before I finish reading the last one I was on. I read about 2 books a week. lol

edit on 16-3-2012 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

OH DEAR GOD, you DON'T know me!!!! One of my biggest problems in life is buying books before I finish reading the last one I was on. I read about 2 books a week. lol

oh!! okay!! Nope, wasn't aware. I thought you had just wrapped up all your beliefs and stopped looking into things.
I read daily, for hours, as well. Some of the books are too thick to get through in half a week, though, and I like to read slowly, re-read, mull things over.

I'm getting to know you a little bit, I think. Or I thought. What sort of books do you read? I mean, are they on theological topics, history, UFOs, software programming, courtroom drama, mysteries, suspense?

Forgive my assumption then. It's just you seem never to bring up, "Hey I just read this, it's interesting and makes me wonder about such and such." Where, for example, jmdewey is constantly citing books he's read or reading now, as in, still learning. I admit openly I'm still learning. Akragon has also done a lot of reading on things, I gather.

I know you and jmdewey don't see eye to eye.... Just wondered if you are still open to new information regarding religious history, new facts, etc. But since you call many folks "fringe loonies", it would seem you'd dismiss their book without giving them any attention at all.
No offense meant.

edit on 16-3-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

heeeelllo... i heard my name

I don't read the same kind of books these guys read... im not interested in other opinions of scripture. I prefer to read the actual scripture said person would be talking about... i've found that many opinions have a certian bias towards whatever religion they are associated with.

A perfect example would be the so called debate between Dr. Ehrman and Dr. Evans... It was more of a question and answer session but none the less... Clearly a one sided situation... Evans had nothing to say about Ehrmans points... so he starts going into his own beliefs as opposed to the actual points Dr.Ehrman makes.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

No, I wasn't offended. The ALL CAPS wasn't really yelling per se, but when I read that I almost fell out of my chair. My problem is TOO MUCH reading. I read on the toilet, I read while watching ballgames, i read while sitting in the bathtub until my skin looks like prunes, I have ebooks on my Droid Razr that I listen to while working.

Really, honestly, it's a good thing it's almost summer, I can get outside and work in the flowerbeds. Crap, I'll still be listening on my Droid. I love sucking up info. I understand these things are fresh and exciting for you, that's great, no problem there and I encourage your enthusiasm.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

I understand these things are fresh and exciting for you, that's great, no problem there and I encourage your enthusiasm.

Well, I don't know about "fresh and new", but my last 'spiritual quest journey' was about 20 years ago. The one before that was about 10 years earlier......
so, yeah. I've studied lots of different "faiths" and "traditions" and "philosophies"...... when I was approaching 20-ish, I was introduced to The Urantia Book. It matched very nicely my mind-set at the time. Nowadays, I don't know.

With time comes wisdom. Right?

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

With time comes wisdom. Right?

Sadly, no. Young wise man become wiser, a young fool gets set further and further in his folly. And I thank Jesus He saved me, I would have certainly been in group #2. You have no clue what kind of monster I was before He found me and saved me, most here would spit in my face if they knew who I was before.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   

You have no clue what kind of monster I was before . . .

You leave clues in every post you make.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by colbe

Where is the Apostolic Succession to connects Protestants to Christ?

No need, since "Apostolic Succession" is something fabricated by the Roman church.

YOU'RE CONVINCING THE FORUM WITH YOUR ONE SENTENCE
DENIALS.

DO YOU HAVE TO CHOP UP EVERY REPLY? KEEP A PERSON'S WORDS TOGETHER FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE. TO SPEED THIS UP I'LL USE CAPS. THE POWER AND INSTRUCTION GIVEN THE APOSTLES IS PASSED DOWN TO THE FAITHFUL..TO THIS DAY. READ YOUR BIBLE ALONE, THIS THE "LAYING ON OF HANDS." PRIEST WAS CHANGED TO ELDER IN THE KJV. WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO WITH THE WORD 'BISHOP' IN SCRIPTURE? or...WAS THAT CHANGED TOO?

It works for them, if Peter died in Rome, so giving their particular faction of schismatics an advantage if legitimacy was based on the number of relics you own.

St. Peter is buried in the Basilica.
There is not evidence that it is anything more than a legend.

YOU'RE NOT A SCHISMATIC, AN APOSTATE? AH, A SIMPLE HERETIC. HOW SAD, MOCKING RELICS. GEEE, YOU DIDN'T
MOCK THE SHROUD, YOU'RE INCONSISTENT, SO PROTESTANT.

YOUR EXTENSIVE ONE SENTENCE DENIAL AGAIN. LIKE THE SHROUD, CHRISTIANS WOULD KEEP TRACK OF WHERE THE
APOSTLES DIED AND WERE BURIED,

Ignatius of Antioch, a bishop who knew John the Apostle didn't exist?
He did not, as far as I know, support the idea that the Bishop of Rome had preeminence over the entire world.

In many ways, then, we cannot even be certain there was an Ignatius of Antioch.
This tradition is based upon the seven letters, as well as others, mentions of him by other early Christians, and by a medieval document, Martyrium Ignatii. The Martyrium
www.earlychristianhistory.info...

AS FAR AS YOU KNOW? YOUR OBJECTION TO THE PRIMACY OF
PETER AND HIS SUCCESSORS, IS KINDA BIASED. LOL. NEXT,
YOU DENY IGNATIUS EXISTED. WELL THEN, WHO DID EXIST?
YOU TRUST THE CANON LESS LUTHER'S 7 THROWN OUT. WHO
DETERMINED THE CANON, OKAY, POPE DAMASUS DIDN'T EXIST. SEE HOW YOUR DENIAL IS WEAK, VERY WEAK.

The writing that makes the claim that Ignatius was a student of John was written in the Middle Ages.
edit on 16-3-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

SO ALL CATHOLIC CLAIMS ARE FALSE? ONCE AGAIN, WHAT IS
TRUE. I'LL DO WHAT YOU JUST DID, THE WRITING THAT MAKES
THE CLAIM THAT MARTIN LUTHER LEFT THE FAITH HE WAS BAPTIZED AND ORDAINED BY WAS WRITTEN IN THE 16TH CENTURY.

jm,

Do not argue until the Great Warning, it might be this year. Instead,
spend your time reading about the faith from true Catholic sources.
You cannot object to the fact, Jesus, the Father and God the Holy Spirit wants us all, non-Christians too, to believe the same.

love,

colbe

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

YOU'RE NOT A SCHISMATIC, AN APOSTATE? AH, A SIMPLE HERETIC. HOW SAD, MOCKING RELICS. GEEE, YOU DIDN'T MOCK THE SHROUD, YOU'RE INCONSISTENT, SO PROTESTANT.

YOUR EXTENSIVE ONE SENTENCE DENIAL AGAIN. LIKE THE SHROUD, CHRISTIANS WOULD KEEP TRACK OF WHERE THE APOSTLES DIED AND WERE BURIED,
No, I am not a schismatic or an apostate.
I am only a "heretic" to people who create their own definition of a heretic as someone not in their particular cult.
I was not mocking relics but people who collect them to legitimize their particular cult.
You are a protestant too, you just don't realize it yet since you apparently only know your cult's version of history.
They probably would have, but maybe the people who knew where the Apostles were killed as heretics since they did not join the emperor cult.

edit on 17-3-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   

You have no clue what kind of monster I was before . . .

You leave clues in every post you make.

You, accusing Christians...

AGAIN.

What should I say then, I was an angel before Christ found me? That I was a saint? No, I'm honest, I should be in jail for all the things I have done. God has been extremely gracious with me.

You are one ugly bitter old man on the inside, why is that? What happened to you early in life?

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   

I should be in jail for all the things I have done.

You should go to your local sheriff's office and bring along a signed confession of all your crimes and ask them if they could please prosecute you for them.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   

I should be in jail for all the things I have done.

You should go to your local sheriff's office and bring along a signed confession of all your crimes and ask them if they could please prosecute you for them.

That would take someone willing to press charges and testify against me.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Again, if the presence is symbolic how do you explain the miracles that have been caught on camera and even verified by doctors?

And "apostolic succession" was not an invention of the Middle Ages but existed from the beginning. Continue with your proud calumnies however.

Disregarding the truth when it stares you right in the face...
edit on 17-3-2012 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Contact those people and ask them to please file charges against you so you can be properly punished and to be right with God.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

What should I say then, I was an angel before Christ found me? That I was a saint? No, I'm honest, I should be in jail for all the things I have done. God has been extremely gracious with me.

You are one ugly bitter old man on the inside, why is that? What happened to you early in life?

Ack! Post foul, NuT!
Sounds to me like you're suffering from guilt. Have you seen the movie "The Mission", with Robert de Niro and Jeremy Irons? I recommend it for you. Story of Jesuit priests who go to the jungle as missionaires; De Niro plays the guy who is plagued by guilt.

You once told me you are "really a nice guy"...but this wasn't nice at all! I know you and jmdewey have been at it a long time, but still, you both shoot back and forth with such flames!!

What was your "saving" experience like?

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

Continue with your proud calumnies however.

Disregarding the truth when it stares you right in the face...

547000, this is disappointing. Talk about pride and truth! Considering your "awakening" was NOT caught on camera or verified by doctors, yet it sent you into a tailspin of pride and rejection.

Proud calumnies, eh? You have a long, long way to go before you'll be in a position to speak about "truth", and it is CERTAINLY not staring YOU in the face yet.
Just sayin'. Don't be a sheep. Be you. You don't need religion to do that.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by 547000

And "apostolic succession" was not an invention of the Middle Ages but existed from the beginning. Continue with your proud calumnies however.
To start, I have to wonder about someone's lifestyle who uses the word, calumnies, in conversation.
Apostolic succession was invented earlier than that, but once it was , bishops throughout the world scrambled to create fake histories to show how they were somehow the recipients of this mythical thing, and so we have what is our inheritance from that invention, a fake history that people insist on clinging to long after the evidence has been given them that it is in fact, fake.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Contact those people and ask them to please file charges against you so you can be properly punished and to be right with God.

She is dead. 2005.

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join