It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the author of Babylon Mystery changed his mind....

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

You once told me you are "really a nice guy"...but this wasn't nice at all! I know you and jmdewey have been at it a long time, but still, you both shoot back and forth with such flames!!

Reading the thread Mousetrails is a way to understand that.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Some people have as their God, a god of hate and death, making it in my view, an evil god.
My God is the god of love and life, which I view as the good god.
People who promote the evil god, to me, are anti-christian, regardless of what they may claim to be.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

She is dead. 2005.
Confess to her next of kin and demand them to fulfill their duties as next of kin to vindicate and find rest for the soul of the one over which they are bereaved. And hurry up with that before the statute of limitations run out. If it has already, see the state attorney general to see if you can have a waver because of extenuating circumstances and aggravation or whatever suits your case.
edit on 17-3-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

She is dead. 2005.
Confess to her next of kin and demand them to fulfill their duties as next of kin to vindicate and find rest for the soul of the one over which they are bereaved. And hurry up with that before the statute of limitations run out. If it has already, see the state attorney general to see if you can have a waver because of extenuating circumstances and aggravation or whatever suits your case.

Already confessed to them, they forgave me. Already confessed to God He has forgiven me.

So why again are you still judging me?

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

You once told me you are "really a nice guy"...but this wasn't nice at all! I know you and jmdewey have been at it a long time, but still, you both shoot back and forth with such flames!!

Reading the thread Mousetrails is a way to understand that.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Some people have as their God, a god of hate and death, making it in my view, an evil god.
My God is the god of love and life, which I view as the good god.
People who promote the evil god, to me, are anti-christian, regardless of what they may claim to be.

When God passes judgment He is not "evil". He's God. There is another god who gives a nod and wink to sin, its not YHWH, He hates it.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Already confessed to them, they forgave me. Already confessed to God He has forgiven me.

What happened to your slogan, "God does not grade on a curve."?
It seems to be fine when it applies to yourself.
I don't know if you realize how how your posts are viewed by people but you should, since you have been told enough times.
I think you should evaluate the situation and honestly ask yourself if you are really helping Jesus, or do you post here for some other, selfish reason, and ultimately, if you will face judgment yourself for what you are doing.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

What happened to your slogan, "God does not grade on a curve."?
It seems to be fine when it applies to yourself.
I don't know if you realize how how your posts are viewed by people but you should, since you have been told enough times.
I think you should evaluate the situation and honestly ask yourself if you are really helping Jesus, or do you post here for some other, selfish reason, and ultimately, if you will face judgment yourself for what you are doing.

You seem to have issues with honesty. Forget I said I was a terribly evil man in my past, I was a saint dude, I've never sinned.

Better?

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

I have to wonder about someone's lifestyle who uses the word, calumnies,

LOL!!

I have, currently, a manuscript of a book I wrote (which took 2 years to research and write, and was finished 1.5 years ago). It is historical fiction based on the 17th century culture/religious climate right prior to the Civil War in England. The title (from Shakespeare) is "Calumnious Strokes."
Off topic, but, just sayin'
edit on 17-3-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Wow, so...what did you do? Feel free to u2u me with the answer. I have a story, too,
just wondering.
No biggie if you prefer not to disclose. I know that feeling.

EDIT FOR: nm....no one else's bidness....
edit on 17-3-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Maybe, let me pray about that. I don't want my sins of yesteryear to affect my witness today.

Let me pray and seek the Lord's council. That old man is dead, never to be resurrected again.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
reply to post by 547000

Continue with your proud calumnies however.

Disregarding the truth when it stares you right in the face...

547000, this is disappointing. Talk about pride and truth! Considering your "awakening" was NOT caught on camera or verified by doctors, yet it sent you into a tailspin of pride and rejection.

Proud calumnies, eh? You have a long, long way to go before you'll be in a position to speak about "truth", and it is CERTAINLY not staring YOU in the face yet.
Just sayin'. Don't be a sheep. Be you. You don't need religion to do that.

Stop being a goat. Again explain the miracles if it's only symbolic or if gnostic BS is true. How can the Eucharist be true but Protestant and gnostic positions be true too? You don't think you are accountable for what you know? The fact that you know about these miracles also makes you culpable.

Calumny after calumny shot at the Catholic Church to justify your lack of action on discovering the truth.

I still see you ignoring the question about the miracles but rather choose to condescend because of age difference.

By the way my personal experience was for me only, so it cannot be verified, other miracles ARE verifiable and point to the SAME truth.
edit on 18-3-2012 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   

reply to post by 547000

And "apostolic succession" was not an invention of the Middle Ages but existed from the beginning. Continue with your proud calumnies however.
To start, I have to wonder about someone's lifestyle who uses the word, calumnies, in conversation.
Apostolic succession was invented earlier than that, but once it was , bishops throughout the world scrambled to create fake histories to show how they were somehow the recipients of this mythical thing, and so we have what is our inheritance from that invention, a fake history that people insist on clinging to long after the evidence has been given them that it is in fact, fake.

Show me proof instead of just spouting calumnies and conspiracy theories. Because history is not your friend in this you insist history had to be faked.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

Show me proof instead of just spouting calumnies and conspiracy theories.
I posted a link to a Early Christian History www.earlychristianhistory.info...
Did you read this? It's one example, but if you read history of this era you find out that there was a lot of fakery going on, where everyone wanted to add an air of legitimacy or authority to their claims they wanted to make about themselves.
A book I was just reading, Gnosticism, Judaism, and Egyptian Christianity by Birger A. Pearson, goes into the bishopric of Alexandria, so this reinforces what I already thought, based on a lot of history books I have read earlier.
You are asking for proof and I don't know if you can prove a negative but what you find when you scrutinize these old claims is a lot of dead ends, meaning one writer will say, "so and so said this about this person" and when you look through their writings, you can't find anything like that. What we have is a lack of proof of the high claims made by people that point to their being connected somehow to Jesus through the Apostles.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   

If it was an invention not believed before the middle ages why do Orthodox Christians also claim to derive authority by apostolic succession?

People will believe any lie about the Catholic Church.

According to what I read of the Church Fathers the papacy and apostolic succession were there from the start. Clergymen got ordained by the apostles, and those clergymen ordained others.

If we can't rely on history we just have to be subjective right? But now you have the problems of miracles which point to Christ's Church.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

According to what I read of the Church Fathers the papacy and apostolic succession were there from the start.
I would say the earliest proponent of this idea of an apostolic succession being a must-have was Eusebius Pamphili, who in my estimation was a full-on propagandist for his faction and was active in carrying out purges of people and books that contradicted his views, so would not have been above fabrications to support what he thought was the true church, which was basically a group of his buddies.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

Stop being a goat.

Cute. And, since when are you the boss of me?

Again explain the miracles if it's only symbolic or if gnostic BS is true.

I never have attempted to explain actual "miracles", and the only ones I count are the ones where, for example, from time to time a person is riddled with disease and then becomes "whole and well." I believe there are unseen forces that some people can tap into, and some things happen that seem "impossible". Not my job to "explain" them. I also have personal experience with being "guided" or "spoken to" by something much more than "coincidence."

How can the Eucharist be true but Protestant and gnostic positions be true too?

The Eucharist is a ritual of remembrance. It's not "true." Do you actually experience that wafer as a bit of raw flesh? Does the wine taste like blood? No. and no. No one tastes actual flesh or wine in church. They eat a wafer and sip a bit of wine. Get real. Besides, it's disgusting.

You don't think you are accountable for what you know?

I am very much accountable for what I know. You aren't making sense. And you don't know squat comparatively. It isn't about "age", dude, it's about EXPERIENCE and STUDY, and even practice. Decades of it.

The fact that you know about these miracles also makes you culpable.

Culpable of what? Of knowing about mysterious things that defy explanation according to current "knowledge"?

Calumny after calumny shot at the Catholic Church to justify your lack of action on discovering the truth.

Aside from your infatuation with your new word "calumny", this sentence points out nothing that makes sense to me.

I have discovered the truth. CHURCH is NOT IT. Ritual is not it, either. Nor is reciting antiquated verses that you don't even really understand just because the person you are giving your OWN power to says you're supposed to.
That's rubbish.

I still see you ignoring the question about the miracles but rather choose to condescend because of age difference.

I'm not ignoring the question, I'm saying that NO ONE KNOWS everything. No "religion" can be the "right one." They are ALL wrong to some degree or another. I have as much right as anyone to come up with my own understanding of it. And I have, apparently, more brainpower and better critical thinking skills than LOTS of people.

I don't need to pay anyone or listen to anyone else's authority on matters of my own spirituality. I don't need to be "schooled" by you or colbe or anyone else. Mind your own soul's business, you don't get to mess around with mine.

THAT is the truth.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

I know we differ on some of what Christ was saying but I think what I am saying works for both our beliefs.

Concepts from the bible.

The word became flesh, who is Jesus.
Jesus had food the desiples knew nothing about, the word of God aka the Holy Spirit.
Jesus said you must eat of my flesh and drink my blood.
The last supper Jesus breaks the bread.
In both the Old and New Testament, living water is creditted to the Holy Spirit.

If you put these concepts together you get a clear picture of what Jesus was teaching about the bread and wine.

The bread symbloizes his flesh which according to scripture is the word of God that became flesh. The wine symbloizes his blood which is the living water, or the Power of the Holy Spirit working in you.

To make this simple Jesus was saying that you must listen to the words of God and do what it says. In this way you are eating the word (by listening) and dirinking the spirit (being filled with Joy but doing what it says).

Most Christians are searching only the bible for the truth. All truth comes not from the book but from the Holy Spirit. I do believe there is great value to reading the bible and believing what it says, because this is an act of faith. Ultimately we must listen to the Holy Spirit that guides us to what is right and do what it says.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

You know the reasoning adult in me agrees with you completly. But my 6 year old who cannot yet read the bible proves me wrong daily. At six she is better at listening to the Spirt than I am and I have read/listened to the OT 3 times now. And the New Testament at least 20-30 times. She proves to me daily that the true teacher is the Holy Spirit in her. Sometimes she even teaches me and if not her it is the Holy Spirit using her to teach me.

Salvation comes from listening to the Holy Spirit, which is the Spirit of Christ, not from understanding the law. Which is what we end up following when we search too deeply for the truth in the bible. We have 40,000 denominations of Christianity because we can't agree what the book says. We are so busy trying to do what the book says we don't see that we have made the book a law in itself. No one can be made Holy obeying the law.

The way to Holyiness is the Holy Spirit. If we would all just listen to the Holy Spirit in us we could stop arguing about interpretaions.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

Salvation comes from listening to the Holy Spirit, which is the Spirit of Christ

Precisely, that's the unforgivable sin. A lifetime of blasphemy against the Spirit of Christ who testifies of Him.

Amen Brother, Son of the Most High,

NuT

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
doublepost

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

So you can dish out but can't take what you dish out? Stop calling me a sheep if you do not want to be called a goat. Thank goodness God has hidden the truth from the learned. Your study and experience do not trump mine, so stop with the attitude.

Eucharistic miracles DO happen. Go to youtube or read news articles. Not all religions are true because they contradict each other. There's no multiple truths. That's simply postmodern nonsense. Either something is true or it is false. Also just because many are false does not mean all are.

You take every attempt to swipe at anyone who doesn't spout liberal nonsense. Why not address this question instead of acting high and mighty: If the Eucharist is symbolic, why do those documented miracles happen? Why do doctors find heart muscle in the wafer or the wafers dissolve into blood from time to time? Doesn't sound symbolic to me.

Could it simply be that silly old rituals and superstition are true, regardless of "clever" people thinking otherwise?

Do you understand that colbe could be doing a HUGE favor? The price of hell is a big thing to bear for being wrong. Why did you enter this thread if you didn't want hear people to argue about why Catholicism is true? You say the Eucharist (a pillar of faith) is false and then when people bring up reasons it is true you ignore or tell people to mind their own business. But you always have the time to be condescending though, even if you have nothing substantial to add. It seems all you come to do is praise people who agree with you and swipe at others.

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join